Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Minjin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    At 18, I'd suggest avoiding the turbo AWD cars. They are great fun and one of my favorite types of car (I had a 450hp Galant VR4) but they will teach you bad habits when it comes to driving. You're still in your formative years. Get a non-turbo RWD car. Something that will teach you how to be smooth with the brake and throttle and that won't sort it all out for you if you pick the wrong lines.

Registered User ThatRussianDude's Avatar
    ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000) ThatRussianDude is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by natathlete View Post
    brb 2 jobs 10+ each an hour, brb get 110 a week from my father because he hates my mom and gives me child support direct.

Please go.
    phucking lold, 2 jobs 10 an hour each, youll only gonna be working for your car bro. be smart. i make good money, saved up 12k already in 2 years. and i pay loads of bills including rent. when i was 19 i wanted to spend all my money on some fast flashy car too. i still wanted a quick little sports car so got acura rsx type s. reliable, good for daily driving, quick, 200hp stocked.leather interior, comes with bose sound system. 6 speed. with the money u say you have u can buy like a brand new 1

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ BLAQSAQATTAQ's Avatar
    BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BLAQSAQATTAQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP why don't you just invest that money and in a year or two buy a really nice car?

16cup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You sound like you don't really care that much about cornering performance up to the point where you need a full track-prepped car to keep you happy. I don't know for how much you can get E46 M3's in the states, but they are fast, comfy, perform quite well as long as you can handle a RWD car, ballin' in Laguna Seca Blue or Phoenix Yellow or classy in darker colours, sound nuts with mild exhaust mods and a carbon airbox, AND the most important part, much cheaper to maintain than STI/EVO's...

Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarcy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Outright buy a reliable, used car for ~5k. If its your first car, your insurance will be through the roof and the car will, most likely, getting some bumps and bruises. Save yourself the frustration of making payments to boot.

Steal fat, make soap. Bababooey100's Avatar
    Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000) Bababooey100 is just really nice. (+1000)
    8-10k is what I'm aiming for.
    Once again, the misc fails in it's ability to read the ****ing post and posts nothing but Evo's, STi's, and low end luxury cars.

Get one of these. I've got one as my DD. All you need is a Spec Focus suspension and good brakes/tires and you'll take M3's in turns. I track mine a few times a year and never had a single reliability problem. They're a bit slow <45MPH since they don't have a lot of torque but if it's that big of an issue you can add a supercharger fairly cheap. Try to find one with the Euro package w/ the Recaro seats. I have the base model and you really need the bigger side bolsters for cornering. Aside from that they're cheap and easy to work on and have a ton of aftermarket support. They're easily had for $8k or less. Put the rest of your money in an IRA. The RSX-S is a better overall car but still carries a premium price used. Buy a nice car later on in life.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Bababooey100 View Post
    Once again, the misc fails in it's ability to read the ****ing post and posts nothing but Evo's, STi's, and low end luxury cars.
    He said that's the size of the down payment he was going to make. You seem to be the one that can't read the ****ing post. Fail.

misc lyfe aint no strife midniteOG's Avatar
    midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000) midniteOG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    buy something ****ty for your first car. keep the payments/insurance low and beat it. then, with more money saved/knowledge of how the road works, etc. buy something decent. dont go putting all your eggs in one basket, and then end up totaling it a year later, with heafty insurance payments
    *****official misc photography crew *****

natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I live at home... I have no bills what so ever and I will continue to live at home until I want. I make 2500 a month at 18, this thread isn't about me buying a reliable or cheap first car.

2500 after taxes too, half my income is cash anyway.

Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    misc's idea.

-disregard your money listed
    -bmw
    -cobra
    -sti/wrx

what they dont remember
    -insurance
    -repair costs
    -general maintenance

just re-read OP's OP....nm youre in the right place.

if no need for a back seat go with the s2k though.

post of peace

natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50) natathlete will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    misc's idea.

-disregard your money listed
    -bmw
    -cobra
    -sti/wrx

what they dont remember
    -insurance
    -repair costs
    -general maintenance

just re-read OP's OP....nm youre in the right place.

if no need for a back seat go with the s2k though.

post of peace
    thanks for the neg by the way because I don't want a 200 hp "sports car" that is slower then my moms SUV for mid to upper 20ks

Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Blacklabel3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hay OP, you decide on anything yet? What are you opinions right now?

dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dvrmstrng has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love reading these threads...

suggestions for 23k max @ age 18:

m3, terminator, STI....herp derp.

Originally Posted by Blacklabel3 View Post
    Hay OP, you decide on anything yet? What are you opinions right now?
    In order of favorites Honda S2k, SVT cobra, m3, maybe a boxster S.

I'm not a huge fan of huge displacement+heavy car so I wouldn't get a GTO. No hate it's a nice car and a classic.

Evo and STi is on the bottom of the list to those of you who keep repeated herp derp don't get one ect.

Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eskimo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    thanks for the neg by the way because I don't want a 200 hp "sports car" that is slower then my moms SUV for mid to upper 20ks
    Maybe you should spend the $ on a reading comprehension class if that's what you got from my neg. good luck on your broke by 19 goals of 2012.

The s2k only has 30hp more at peak rpm by the way So why would you want that if your moms suv is "faster" maybe you should remove your mouth from her tit.

Good day sir. Teen misc ----->

jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love muscle cars but I hate the whole only goes fast in a straight line thing,[/url]

hngggg
    Unless you have had alot of experience driving the curvy, no matter what car you get you will be slow a$$ ****, so you might as well get a car that you personally like. I've lapped plenty of high powered cars back when I had a 110hp car. Speed is determined by the driver.

That said, @ 18 if you are paying for your own insurance I would avoid paying heavy bills each month by getting expensive sports cars- you might as well use a small fraction of that money to buy a beater car to learn to drive with, then get "the sports car" when you hit 21 and your insurance rates drop. Plus, by that time, you would have 3 years of racing experience to put that new sports car to good use.

Originally Posted by jwlee7ucla View Post
    Unless you have had alot of experience driving the curvy, no matter what car you get you will be slow a$$ ****, so you might as well get a car that you personally like. I've lapped plenty of high powered cars back when I had a 110hp car. Speed is determined by the driver.

That said, @ 18 if you are paying for your own insurance I would avoid paying heavy bills each month by getting expensive sports cars- you might as well use a small fraction of that money to buy a beater car to learn to drive with, then get "the sports car" when you hit 21 and your insurance rates drop. Plus, by that time, you would have 3 years of racing experience to put that new sports car to good use.
    not paying own insurance.

I know how to drive, trust me.

Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Maybe you should spend the $ on a reading comprehension class if that's what you got from my neg. good luck on your broke by 19 goals of 2012.

The s2k only has 30hp more at peak rpm by the way So why would you want that if your moms suv is "faster" maybe you should remove your mouth from her tit.

Good day sir. Teen misc ----->
    Acting like 37 hp isn't a huge difference+10 pounds of torque. Not factoring in power to weight ratio and aero. AND the car isn't even out yet. Auto makers tend to hype up there cars before they release them. You are 24 ******* stop acting like you're old and have such wisdom. also strong stats 5'6 205. enjoy being fat.
    Last edited by natathlete; 01-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000) Dropkicking is just really nice. (+1000)
    Man I never understood why people spend so much on cars when they are so young. Just by a junker and invest your money so you can by a nicer car when you get older and when you have a stable income.

That is just me. I am like the dude who is no fun at the party, but I am just think about it financially especially at this age if you plan on going to college/university.

I drive 110hp Kia Rio and I will be driving the blue beast for many more years and I still have fun with this slow bastard. Though even for my car all the expenses add up fast. Gas, insurance, oil change, winter tires, etc. So I am glad I spent less money on the car itself so I had that money to put forward on all the other expenses.
    In Memory of StephenHawking (Matt) - RIP

Denver Broncos - Buffalo Sabres - Toronto Raptors - Toronto Blue Jays

jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jwlee7ucla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not paying own insurance.

I know how to drive, trust me.
    Unless you have been on that track for a signicant amount of time, I can guarantee you you don't. I was the exact same way when I was younger, and I got my a$$ schooled. I competed all the time with my friend on the track, and he instructs/competes now.

That said, if you are not paying own insurance, s2k's are cheap, which means you will have more modding money. Should save the mods for driving lessons for now though, you learn more on a stock car before you slap everything you got on it.

In order of favorites Honda S2k, SVT cobra, m3, maybe a boxster S.

I'm not a huge fan of huge displacement+heavy car so I wouldn't get a GTO. No hate it's a nice car and a classic.

Evo and STi is on the bottom of the list to those of you who keep repeated herp derp don't get one ect.
    S2000 is a pretty solid car. I only ever see older men driving them but I'm still jelly. Bump up the horse power a little bit and get some good sport tires and you have a nice little road weapon.

DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavidJr74 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I love my 1985 Iroc Camaro

though she needs a sh*t ton of work.

Unless you have been on that track for a signicant amount of time, I can guarantee you you don't. I was the exact same way when I was younger, and I got my a$$ schooled. I competed all the time with my friend on the track, and he instructs/competes now.

That said, if you are not paying own insurance, s2k's are cheap, which means you will have more modding money. Should save the mods for driving lessons for now though, you learn more on a stock car before you slap everything you got on it.
    I carted for 7 years. I've been to tracks and driven on them in actual cars and put up decent times. I'm not just pulling the "I can drive" thing out of my ass. I know how to take turns, when to brake and when to accel

S2000 is a pretty solid car. I only ever see older men driving them but I'm still jelly. Bump up the horse power a little bit and get some good sport tires and you have a nice little road weapon.

Yeah, 35K+ new so not a lot of kids can afford them.

I carted for 7 years. I've been to tracks and driven on them in actual cars and put up decent times. I'm not just pulling the "I can drive" thing out of my ass. I know how to take turns, when to brake and when to accel
    I wish I had grown up in an area that had access to karting or any other real form of racing.

Acting like 37 hp isn't a huge difference+10 pounds of torque. Not factoring in power to weight ratio and aero. AND the car isn't even out yet. Auto makers tend to hype up there cars before they release them. You are 24 ******* stop acting like you're old and have such wisdom. also strong stats 5'6 205. enjoy being fat.
    no not really, you ****ing a professional race car driver brah? You still talking about a car though? Jebus get some reading comprehension i negged you for some scion comment. quite butt hurt arent we?

what wisdom do i need that would help you out? would you like me to tell you its a smart decision to spend all your money on a car you dont need and hopefully you wrap into a tree? then by all means please continue to work 2 jobs to do just that!

or should i tell you....ya brah get that s2k cause omg vtech yo!!!!

oh good job you called me fat. let me go cry in my stacks of money and candy, in my own house btw, what did mommy make you for dinner tonight? but i hope you can sleep peacefully tonight knowing that i am actually now 5'7 and 195lbs. Must be all the wisdom coming out my ass.

good luck on your hood rich goals of 2012, dont let mommy catch you up past 10pm young man!

I wish I had grown up in an area that had access to karting or any other real form of racing.
    Where do you live? I have to drive pretty far to get to the track

Where do you live? I have to drive pretty far to get to the track
    WV, Huntington

benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) benzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 1cheekykunt View Post
    Strong username/post. Don't you have a C63?
    yeah i ahve a c63, but for 23k im sure he can get a decent E55

WV, Huntington
    found a fun site.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/WV/