Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by beardymcbeard View Post
    Fo shizzle man. Have you heard about that number 19 thing that always pops up in the Islamic scripture? I can't remember details, but the whole book and structure of the book is super mathematical (Coming from an uneducated author) which is pretty kickass.
    Just looked it up now, I feel that it's just a coincidence. Numerical patterns are all over the place if you look for em. They even found one for the Bible

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BandApart View Post
    rudimentary membranes have been spontaneously formed in labs from simple, ubiquitous lipids. nearly all of the amino acids in the human body have been formed simply using elements/conditions present during the time when life was thought to occur. DNA nucleotides have been found on space rocks. these things form spontaneously under certain conditions simply due to the laws of physics that govern them...

you can be religious. but at some point, you have to realize that complexity is a term created by us...organisms within this whole thing. complex is something we call things that challenge OUR understanding. but any product of the laws of nature would seem complex to us. any result would seem like it was destined...and any other result than what did result wouldn't allow us to be here to attempt to understand it in the first place. in the vastness of time and space, the uncommon happens commonly. but there is nothing special about our little thing here. we haven't found others...but we are so far from everything else that to expect such a thing would be silly. not entirely relevant but to loosely quote someone: "to say that there is no life in space would be analogous to collecting a cup of water from the pacific ocean and concluding that there are no whales". maybe that doesn't seem entirely relevant: but consider all the possible ways which life can arise...or all the possible alternate routes. we didn't have to be here, and there is nothing special about us being here. we can only look at what HAS happened and try to understand it and try to apply our logic to it(which doesn't always work).

/wow, that wasn't cohesive at all.
    bump so this doesn't get lost. the second part is me rambling. but the first is important. and the amino acid thing happened by chance. it was performed by a phd-candidate if i remember correctly; and few supported him or though it would produce anything...and instead, it produced amino acids.

ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    rudimentary membranes have been spontaneously formed in labs from simple, ubiquitous lipids. nearly all of the amino acids in the human body have been formed simply using elements/conditions present during the time when life was thought to occur. DNA nucleotides have been found on space rocks. these things form spontaneously under certain conditions simply due to the laws of physics that govern them...

you can be religious. but at some point, you have to realize that complexity is a term created by us...organisms within this whole thing. complex is something we call things that challenge OUR understanding. but any product of the laws of nature would seem complex to us. any result would seem like it was destined...and any other result than what did result wouldn't allow us to be here to attempt to understand it in the first place. in the vastness of time and space, the uncommon happens commonly. but there is nothing special about our little thing here. we haven't found others...but we are so far from everything else that to expect such a thing would be silly. not entirely relevant but to loosely quote someone: "to say that there is no life in space would be analogous to collecting a cup of water from the pacific ocean and concluding that there are no whales". maybe that doesn't seem entirely relevant: but consider all the possible ways which life can arise...or all the possible alternate routes. we didn't have to be here, and there is nothing special about us being here. we can only look at what HAS happened and try to understand it and try to apply our logic to it(which doesn't always work).

You are by far my favorite poster in the misc. I'm assuming you're in college; what's your major?
    You can't force knowledge into a dumbass any more than you can force sight into a blind man.

When the world breaks your legs you go and beat it with your crutch.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reeses007 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mind=blown
    So much sense was made

Rep'd

BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000) BandApart is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ParkRanger View Post
    You are by far my favorite poster in the misc. I'm assuming you're in college; what's your major?
    thank you, sir.

i'm a bio major(emphasis on microbiology/genetics), chem minor.

Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nistange will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump so this doesn't get lost. the second part is me rambling. but the first is important. and the amino acid thing happened by chance. it was performed by a phd-candidate if i remember correctly; and few supported him or though it would produce anything...and instead, it produced amino acids.
    Didn't see yours. Anyways:
    Yeah, I was perfectly aware of the nucleotides found on asteroids and the like. Even with that, think about the complexities of just one cell. Let's say a prokaryotic one. A cell membrane needs to form, then enclose the DNA. The DNA needs to be fixed in a template, ribosomes need to be present. Those ribosomes need to be able to create things to replicate DNA, AKA, produce more nucleotides, perform anaerobic respiration, osmoregulate, etc.

There are too many processes that a single cell needs to go through in order for a coincidence to create a cell. Think about it. At what point do you just say, "Yes, this process happened because someone guided it."

I'm not saying life doesn't exist elsewhere, no. What I'm saying is that life was guided. There are so many subsets of species, so many things that go on in one organism, entropy, expansion of the universe, the Big Bang. All of these things have a lot of questions that go unanswered and honestly, yeah, it's a stretch to say, "I don't know, therefore, God" but in my mind, and from what I've seen in the Qu'ran, it seems logical.

ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParkRanger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thank you, sir.

i'm a bio major(emphasis on microbiology/genetics), chem minor.
    Sweet man. I'm a junior in HS atm, but that sounds like the path I'll be taking.

I'm thinking about majoring in biochem, with a biology minor; seems similar. What college are you attending?

And yes, thread jack
    You can't force knowledge into a dumbass any more than you can force sight into a blind man.

When the world breaks your legs you go and beat it with your crutch.

"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

I am not a bodybuilder bicepcurlbro's Avatar
    bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    o luk we haz jimmy neutrons

HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HCCFootball has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i am roman catholic but i guess this describes me more in depth

- i believe jesus is the son of God
    - i was raised catholic and believe it is pretty close to jesus with the apostolic succession
    -it isnt 100% perfect and i dont agree with everything
    -that being said, i believe every religion holds truth to it, and God appreciates a belief in him
    -I just believe being a christian you find the closest path to God and happiness

even in the end if i that i believe is false... it was worth my time and made me a better person

The thing that I hate most when people bash religion is when they say it just brings war and hate... yes it has... but it has brought more good in recent days (cant really speak on past). I know for a fact their are way more christians who do community service or try and help others. not saying atheist dont... i know a lot of atheist who are very giving, but people who are true to being a christian really do give a lot. (when i say true... i mean true... not a nominal christian who just has it as ******** religion). Catholic family services will help any pregnant teen of any religion. if that isnt caring i dont what really is

also i do not try to argue evolution does not exist...or science for that matter... i have never found really any contradictions between what i believe and science... but i do believe their are thing that science will never be able to answer
    Last edited by HCCFootball; 01-30-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: additional info
    “The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.” -Vince Lombardi

Originally Posted by Nistange View Post
    Didn't see yours. Anyways:
    Yeah, I was perfectly aware of the nucleotides found on asteroids and the like. Even with that, think about the complexities of just one cell. Let's say a prokaryotic one. A cell membrane needs to form, then enclose the DNA. The DNA needs to be fixed in a template, ribosomes need to be present. Those ribosomes need to be able to create things to replicate DNA, AKA, produce more nucleotides, perform anaerobic respiration, osmoregulate, etc.

There are too many processes that a single cell needs to go through in order for a coincidence to create a cell. Think about it. At what point do you just say, "Yes, this process happened because someone guided it."

I'm not saying life doesn't exist elsewhere, no. What I'm saying is that life was guided. There are so many subsets of species, so many things that go on in one organism, entropy, expansion of the universe, the Big Bang. All of these things have a lot of questions that go unanswered and honestly, yeah, it's a stretch to say, "I don't know, therefore, God" but in my mind, and from what I've seen in the Qu'ran, it seems logical.
    well, i believe that's the point where you have to challenge the nature of complexity itself and challenge the obvious disadvantage of only being able to observe what already happened or at least try to postulate it. but i don't know that anyone will every form a complete, flawless view of the evolution of life that will be accepted by all(though considering RNA world hypothesis might take you one step further).

but to say that it needed to be guided almost accepts that it needed to exist, like this was something destined to happen that had to find its way; instead, i think of it as something that DID happen...maybe through some things that would seem anomalous(but not impossible) based on our current understanding. but as said, in the vastness of time and space, the uncommon happens commonly. and i never see an advantage to saying a man in the sky guided it...because then you have to explain the man in the sky anyway. rather, we should try to push our understanding as far as possible; and when we meet a temporary edge, we shouldn't just give up and push it up another level so that we don't have to deal with it(surely you can think of many examples of that in the past that have since been rethought about and explained).

one more quote from neil degrasse tyson: God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time goes on.

Originally Posted by ParkRanger View Post
    Sweet man. I'm a junior in HS atm, but that sounds like the path I'll be taking.

I'm thinking about majoring in biochem, with a biology minor; seems similar. What college are you attending?

And yes, thread jack
    purdue.

and i started out in biochem. i slacked way too much my first 2 semesters and got behind with my schedule, so i had to go the bio major/chem minor route. but i think biochem is definitely the way to go if it interests you- it's just very detail-oriented and very challenging(but doable, certainly). i think i ended up liking microbiology more in the end anyway though.

alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10) alanking is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i do not have a religion i believe that we as humans are not capable of understanding the vastness of this universe and anyone who claims to have all the answers is a fool.so my mind is totally open also i think religion completly restricts us as a species and totally limits are understanding,so no i have no religion.

elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'll probably be instachristian on my deathbed.

elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgruaro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    srs tho, any agnostics in the house?

akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HCCFootball View Post
    i am roman catholic but i guess this describes me more in depth

- i believe jesus is the son of God
    - i was raised catholic and believe it is pretty close to jesus with the apostolic succession
    -it isnt 100% perfect and i dont agree with everything
    -that being said, i believe every religion holds truth to it, and God appreciates a belief in him
    -I just believe being a christian you find the closest path to God and happiness

even in the end if i that i believe is false... it was worth my time and made me a better person

The thing that I hate most when people bash religion is when they say it just brings war and hate... yes it has... but it has brought more good in recent days (cant really speak on past). I know for a fact their are way more christians who do community service or try and help others. not saying atheist dont... i know a lot of atheist who are very giving, but people who are true to being a christian really do give a lot. (when i say true... i mean true... not a nominal christian who just has it as ******** religion). Catholic family services will help any pregnant teen of any religion. if that isnt caring i dont what really is

also i do not try to argue evolution does not exist...or science for that matter... i have never found really any contradictions between what i believe and science... but i do believe their are thing that science will never be able to answer
    Well said sir. I agree mostly. But I am Christian. I have spent my life learning about it and reading for myself and it has seemed to answer a lot of my questions about life itself. I also believe that science and religion go hand in hand. I believe in Creation but Im also open to the idea of God guided evolution.

Anyways, after taking a two apologetics classes and studying world religions in a global studies course, I've come to realize that Christianity makes the most sense to me. Between OT/NT transcripts, prophecies within the Bible, etc, its seems to be the most valid amonst all other religions. I do respect other beliefs, but there can only be one truth (not to sound condescending or disrespectful). Although I cannot prove this, miracles and answered prayers have also solidified my beliefs (you might call it coincidence, I call it the power of prayer [Jeremiah 29:12])

Also, its comforting to know that spending eternity in Heaven is not based on our "good" behavior here on Earth, but rather, on our relationship with God. You've probably heard it, but thats sort of what the recent hype was about regarding the "Why I hate religion but love Jesus" video on youtube - Christianity is a personal relationship with God, its not a set of rules and regulations. God knows we are inherently sinful and therefore sent Jesus to bridge the gap between Him and humanity.

John 8:31-32
    31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

In the end, if I'm wrong, then at least it helped make me a better person. Looking forward to reading everyone else's posts. Religious beliefs are pretty interesting to me.

L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50) L1AM will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i am bahai
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    ★★★ Quality Crew ★★★
    but Y???? IDK BRO

beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Nistange View Post
    Just looked it up now, I feel that it's just a coincidence. Numerical patterns are all over the place if you look for em. They even found one for the Bible
    I dunno man, the stuff I was looking at seemed pretty complex.
    400/230/445@165lbs
    182.5/105/202/5@75kg

kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kioskris is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I am a true pastafarian. The invisible flying spaghetti monster will always be my true lord. Last year was the year when I was touched by his noodly appendage.

jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jorts150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by zombiecure View Post
    Im a Buddhist
    This.

I went to a Catholic high school and was forced to study scripture (if anyone has REALLY read the bible, it is almost as if the contradictions are written in bold, they are that easy to see) and sit back and watch as all of the "Catholic" kids would receive Eucharist and then go out and get fuked and drink all weekend. I have also studied Islam and Judaism, theyre both fuked and full of hypocrites.

I then was curious about buddhism, I read some books and I was hooked...
    -Basically the key is to look inward to fix yourself, stop looking up in the air and begging for life to get better, do something about it!
    -No all powerful higher entity.
    -Find peace within yourself and let go of day to day issues that bring negativity.

All you need is a clear mind and a bit of self confidence and you are capable of anything.

It is not a religion, but a mindset.

I am not a bodybuilder bicepcurlbro's Avatar
    bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) bicepcurlbro is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Also how any aithiests explain this

Two years at my brothers old school, he had an african teacher said he does voodoo and worships the devil. my brother also said that he read someones future or something like that and said that he saw bad in his future or something like that and just last year in the summer time that person died in a crash(im srs on everything im saying)