sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

MP Shred Matrix and CLA

Okay, I have a question about each of the supplements in the topic.

Okay, the Shred Matrix is a fat burner, and on the warnings it said not to consume caffeine from other sources while on it. However, it also says on the FAQ's (still on the product's page) that it's perfectly okay to stack with MP Assault (pre-workout). And they say to do it the following way:

3 caps Shred Matrix with 8oz of water 30-45min before breakfast.
    3 caps Shred Matrix with 8oz of water 30-45min before lunch.
    ½ scoop of Assault 20-30min before workout. 1 scoop for extra intense training sessions.

This wouldn't be much of an issue, except that I wake up in the morning, get something in my system soon after, and then get to the gym about an hour later. So would it be best to take the Shred Matrix in the morning regardless, and just do my best spacing it from the Assault? Or would it be smarter to skip the morning, and just take the Matrix twice in the day later? Or maybe just do it once a day instead? Or is it really not that big a deal? My understanding is that too much caffeine at once (or in general, really) is not a good thing.

My question on CLA is much simpler. The directions say to take 1-2 softgels with morning, noon, and evening meals. That means up to 6 a day. What I want to know is whether something like just taking one twice a day would give me enough of a benefit from them. Or what is the recommended daily intake, without using up the whole bottle like nothing?

sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sephiroth7240 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Anyone? Musclepharm reps?

Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by sephiroth7240 View Post
    ½ scoop of Assault 20-30min before workout. 1 scoop for extra intense training sessions.
    yes, spacing is the key.
    in your particular schedule, you'll have to tweak it.
    or, try 1/2 scoop Assault + 1 cap Shred Matrix in morning, and then take regular dose of Shred later.

caffeine sensitivity is an individual thing.

My question on CLA is much simpler.
    so is the answer.
    stop wasting money on CLA.

qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) qksc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I take both Shred Matrix and Assault.

I wake up and immediately take the SM @530am.
    Shower
    Eat. (About 30 minutes later)
    MP Assault (about 45 min after the Shred Matrix).
    Gym
    Class
    Lunch (about noon)
    SM again.

I have no issues with the extra caffeine and SM. Take it for whats it worth though, your experience may be different.
    I also just got home from driving from NJ to NC to FLA.
    During that time I took my SM on the regular schedule, an Assault shake at one point to keep me awake, 4 24oz coffees w a shot of espresso in each, and a couple Lean Green fat burners (old left overs) for their caffeine content.
    I had zero issues, though I wouldn't consume all of the in the manner I did on a regular basis, just needed to keep awake....

Originally Posted by Airstrike4 View Post
    yes, spacing is the key.
    in your particular schedule, you'll have to tweak it.
    or, try 1/2 scoop Assault + 1 cap Shred Matrix in morning, and then take regular dose of Shred later.

caffeine sensitivity is an individual thing.

so is the answer.
    stop wasting money on CLA.
    I guess I'll play a little with the timing of the two.

As for the CLA, I didn't waste money on it. I went to buy the Shred Matrix, and it automatically added a 90 pill thing of CLA free. I guess there's a promotion going on lol.

Originally Posted by qksc2 View Post

Shower
    Gym
    Class
    Lunch (about noon)
    SM again.

I have no issues with the extra caffeine and SM. Take it for whats it worth though, your experience may be different.
    I also just got home from driving from NJ to NC to FLA.
    During that time I took my SM on the regular schedule, an Assault shake at one point to keep me awake, 4 24oz coffees w a shot of espresso in each, and a couple Lean Green fat burners (old left overs) for their caffeine content.
    I had zero issues, though I wouldn't consume all of the in the manner I did on a regular basis, just needed to keep awake....
    That's actually pretty helpful. Although I normally consume something right after waking up, so I may have to skip the morning one, or just have them even closer.

Oh and repped both

SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SupremeMMA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Okay, I have a question about each of the supplements in the topic.

Okay, the Shred Matrix is a fat burner, and on the warnings it said not to consume caffeine from other sources while on it. However, it also says on the FAQ's (still on the product's page) that it's perfectly okay to stack with MP Assault (pre-workout). And they say to do it the following way:

This wouldn't be much of an issue, except that I wake up in the morning, get something in my system soon after, and then get to the gym about an hour later. So would it be best to take the Shred Matrix in the morning regardless, and just do my best spacing it from the Assault? Or would it be smarter to skip the morning, and just take the Matrix twice in the day later? Or maybe just do it once a day instead? Or is it really not that big a deal? My understanding is that too much caffeine at once (or in general, really) is not a good thing.

My question on CLA is much simpler. The directions say to take 1-2 softgels with morning, noon, and evening meals. That means up to 6 a day. What I want to know is whether something like just taking one twice a day would give me enough of a benefit from them. Or what is the recommended daily intake, without using up the whole bottle like nothing?
    My suggestion would be to take the Shred Matrix as soon as you wake up. Wait to eat breakfast until approximately 15 minutes later and take the Assault right before you get to the gym. You will have to play with the timing of these to assess your tolerance and what works best for you.

With the CLA, you should take 1 with each meal at the least.

Is Sly in Training little rambo's Avatar
    little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by qksc2 View Post

Shower
    Gym
    Class
    Lunch (about noon)
    SM again.
    OP this schedule would work well depending on your schedule, and the time frame from when you woke up until you hit the gym. However, I would suggest having a little bit of space between your breakfast and taking Assault. This will allow for ample time for your breakfast to digest and for the Assault to be utilized to its fullest potential.

As far as the CLA goes I would suggest taking a serving with breakfast, dinner, and your final meal before bed. No need to take 6 caps a day, 3g of CLA should provide benefits with regular training and a healthy diet. Try this protocol out for a few weeks and report back and let me know how it is working out for you and we can make adjustments accordingly. Hope that helps brotha!
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) little rambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SupremeMMA View Post
    My suggestion would be to take the Shred Matrix as soon as you wake up. Wait to eat breakfast until approximately 15 minutes later and take the Assault right before you get to the gym. You will have to play with the timing of these to assess your tolerance and what works best for you.

You ninja'd me this time haha
    REDCON1 BIG NOISE! Log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175308671

Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Airstrike4 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by little rambo View Post
    As far as the CLA goes I would suggest taking a serving with breakfast, dinner, and your final meal before bed. No need to take 6 caps a day, 3g of CLA should provide benefits with regular training and a healthy diet.
    hogwash.
    on what do you base this recommendation on?
    and what "benefits" are you claiming CLA to provide here?

Originally Posted by Airstrike4 View Post
    hogwash.
    on what do you base this recommendation on?
    and what "benefits" are you claiming CLA to provide here?
    Based on the fact that he should not rely solely on a CLA supplement as his only source of CLA. You can obtain a regular amount of CLA through a well balanced diet, and even more so consuming foods such as whole eggs which can have up to 0.7g of CLA. A serving size if 1 gel, we recommend 1-2 per meal depending on your current diet and need for CLA supplementation. As far as benefits from regular CLA supplementation go, it has been linked to improved metabolic rate, reduction in adipose tissue, and has been linked to support muscle growth and repair. Not sure what is hogwash about recommending he get a little more out of the product instead of using it all in 30 days.

As far as benefits from regular CLA supplementation go, it has been linked to improved metabolic rate, reduction in adipose tissue, and has been linked to support muscle growth and repair.
    links to those studies supporting your statements?

Not sure what is hogwash about recommending he get a little more out of the product instead of using it all in 30 days.
    CLA is hogwash rec to begin with.

and certainly, any "benefits" claimed as you say are not being attained w/ min. dosing..

"trimming down" recommended serving size or advising minimum dosage simply in an effort to make something "last longer" is not exactly good advice either.

i do thank you for your calm and professional response, and for that you get props.

the same cannot be said for this particular advice on CLA, IMO.

Originally Posted by SupremeMMA View Post

Thanks a lot! I do have one question though. Okay, so what's the problem with taking the Shred Matrix too close to food? Does it make you feel sick, or is it more of a loss in effectiveness?

OP this schedule would work well depending on your schedule, and the time frame from when you woke up until you hit the gym. However, I would suggest having a little bit of space between your breakfast and taking Assault. This will allow for ample time for your breakfast to digest and for the Assault to be utilized to its fullest potential.

As far as the CLA goes I would suggest taking a serving with breakfast, dinner, and your final meal before bed. No need to take 6 caps a day, 3g of CLA should provide benefits with regular training and a healthy diet. Try this protocol out for a few weeks and report back and let me know how it is working out for you and we can make adjustments accordingly. Hope that helps brotha!
    Alright thanks! Okay so my schedule is normally setting my alarm at 8:30 AM. I usually snooze it a couple times and end up really waking up and getting up near 9. My breakfast is actually a shake I make (since I work out in the morning). It's a pretty big shake with whey, an egg, peanut butter and such. I have a glass of it at 9, a smaller part around 9:30 (the rest I finish when I get home from the gym. Around 9:45 I actually take Assault. And then I put on my gym clothes, brush my teeth, and head out. If I get up when my alarm goes off, then it should be fine to take the SM. And then when I'm having my shake, take the CLA. Correct?

Also, it seems I've repped you before, so it won't let me rep you.

dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dirtydean12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks a lot! I do have one question though. Okay, so what's the problem with taking the Shred Matrix too close to food? Does it make you feel sick, or is it more of a loss in effectiveness?
    Not that it's a problem, but 30min prior to meals will allow it to begin working and let the sugar stop and appetite suppressant qualities take place
    *MusclePharm: Official Supplement of the UFC*

drew[at]musclepharm.com

RIP G.K. Miller 7/7/1963-2/13/2007

FEAR IS THE MINDKILLER

********.com/musclepharm