FoxTron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2800 calorie meal plan on a serious budget

Alright i need some help if anyone can offer it.

I dont have a lot of money to spend but i like to have a balanced nutrition

I'm currently doing p90x and eating what i can when i can with no real rules or restrictions

I weigh 178 and I'm 5'9" if i where to guess about 10 or 11% body fat

trying to get down to 6% and stack on muscle

right now pretty much what im dealing with if eggs, whole wheat bread, milk, gnc wheybolic extream 60, gnc total lean shake, peanut butter, frozen veggies, bananas, raman noodles, chicken, and avacodos (that i get for mad cheap from this mexican market)

i want to eventually cut out the protien shakes (like when i run out im not buying more) so if you have the time to create two plans it would be greatly appretiated.

TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FoxTron View Post
    Alright i need some help if anyone can offer it.

I dont have a lot of money to spend but i like to have a balanced nutrition

I'm currently doing p90x and eating what i can when i can with no real rules or restrictions

I weigh 178 and I'm 5'9" if i where to guess about 10 or 11% body fat

trying to get down to 6% and stack on muscle

right now pretty much what im dealing with if eggs, whole wheat bread, milk, gnc wheybolic extream 60, gnc total lean shake, peanut butter, frozen veggies, bananas, raman noodles, chicken, and avacodos (that i get for mad cheap from this mexican market)

i want to eventually cut out the protien shakes (like when i run out im not buying more) so if you have the time to create two plans it would be greatly appretiated.
    You could easily hit 2800 with those foods. Funny I get my avocados, and almost all produce, from a spanish place too because its dirt cheap.

Other things you could add on a budget is pork tenderloin, ground turkey, and cottage cheese.

Originally Posted by TheHolyCannoli View Post
    You could easily hit 2800 with those foods. Funny I get my avocados, and almost all produce, from a spanish place too because its dirt cheap.

Other things you could add on a budget is pork tenderloin, ground turkey, and cottage cheese.
    didnt even think about ground turkey good tip, pork tenderloin is a little bit out of my price range but ill check it out, maybe i could do it if i buy in bulk and part it out, isnt cottage cheese full of sodium?

TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000)
    didnt even think about ground turkey good tip, pork tenderloin is a little bit out of my price range but ill check it out, maybe i could do it if i buy in bulk and part it out, isnt cottage cheese full of sodium?
    Have you actually looked at the price of pork, way cheaper than chicken or beef. Maybe "tenderloin" is the wrong term, but what I buy is usually 1/4in thick boneless pork "filets".

The fat free and low fat cottage cheese has more salt than regular, but I don't worry about it as I'm not adding salt to any of my foods. Pros outweigh the cons IMO.

Originally Posted by TheHolyCannoli View Post
    Have you actually looked at the price of pork, way cheaper than chicken or beef. Maybe "tenderloin" is the wrong term, but what I buy is usually 1/4in thick boneless pork "filets".

The fat free and low fat cottage cheese has more salt than regular, but I don't worry about it as I'm not adding salt to any of my foods. Pros outweigh the cons IMO.

gotcha yeah i was just looking at some different cottage cheeses and they average around 18% of your daily sodium in a serving but with like 13.5g of protein on an average id say so thanks for that one man i really never looked at cottage cheese because all the sodium turned me off but i dont have a whole lot of sodium in my diet anymore and i could always use more protein through a low cal food

and the price of pork might be cheaper in your part of the country, idk i havn't checked the price at the market recently, i know tenderloins where at like 9 bucks a lb last time i had them, on the other hand chicken when caught on sale for boneless skinless chicken breast its only 1.99/lb

i could check on the fillets, they cant be as bad as tenderloins, and it would be a nice change up from boiled and grilled chicken

much appreciated

gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You might think steak is out of your price range but some cuts are much less expensive than others. Sirloin Top and Bottom Round steaks are cheap and have little fat marbled in them. Might not be as tender as a ribeye, but it'll get the job done. Figure out what day your grocery store puts out new meat and slip in the day of or the day before for the items that they need to move before they get tossed. 50% or more of a price reduction. And no, I wouldn't buy anything out of those nasty freezers where everything is freezer burned and 2 weeks old! Lol

gotcha yeah i was just looking at some different cottage cheeses and they average around 18% of your daily sodium in a serving but with like 13.5g of protein on an average id say so thanks for that one man i really never looked at cottage cheese because all the sodium turned me off but i dont have a whole lot of sodium in my diet anymore and i could always use more protein through a low cal food

and the price of pork might be cheaper in your part of the country, idk i havn't checked the price at the market recently, i know tenderloins where at like 9 bucks a lb last time i had them, on the other hand chicken when caught on sale for boneless skinless chicken breast its only 1.99/lb

i could check on the fillets, they cant be as bad as tenderloins, and it would be a nice change up from boiled and grilled chicken

much appreciated
    Na, the pork I'm buying is around 1.99/lb, precut and packaged by the butcher.

Also, as far as beef options, cube steaks are cheap as hell. Marinate those in a little low sodium soy sauce for a few minutes, then cook them in a pan for about 3minutes each side. Quick and easy protein source.