24/7 Customer Service 1-866-236-8417 Need Help? 1-866-236-8417

Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User FoxTron's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'10", 204 lbs
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    FoxTron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit FoxTron's BodySpace
    FoxTron is offline

    2800 calorie meal plan on a serious budget

    Alright i need some help if anyone can offer it.

    I dont have a lot of money to spend but i like to have a balanced nutrition

    I'm currently doing p90x and eating what i can when i can with no real rules or restrictions

    I weigh 178 and I'm 5'9" if i where to guess about 10 or 11% body fat

    trying to get down to 6% and stack on muscle

    right now pretty much what im dealing with if eggs, whole wheat bread, milk, gnc wheybolic extream 60, gnc total lean shake, peanut butter, frozen veggies, bananas, raman noodles, chicken, and avacodos (that i get for mad cheap from this mexican market)

    i want to eventually cut out the protien shakes (like when i run out im not buying more) so if you have the time to create two plans it would be greatly appretiated.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Phuck yo' couch TheHolyCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Connecticut, United States
    Stats: 5'9", 176 lbs
    Posts: 531
    Rep Power: 2368
    TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit TheHolyCannoli's BodySpace
    TheHolyCannoli is offline
    Originally Posted by FoxTron View Post
    Alright i need some help if anyone can offer it.

    I dont have a lot of money to spend but i like to have a balanced nutrition

    I'm currently doing p90x and eating what i can when i can with no real rules or restrictions

    I weigh 178 and I'm 5'9" if i where to guess about 10 or 11% body fat

    trying to get down to 6% and stack on muscle

    right now pretty much what im dealing with if eggs, whole wheat bread, milk, gnc wheybolic extream 60, gnc total lean shake, peanut butter, frozen veggies, bananas, raman noodles, chicken, and avacodos (that i get for mad cheap from this mexican market)

    i want to eventually cut out the protien shakes (like when i run out im not buying more) so if you have the time to create two plans it would be greatly appretiated.
    You could easily hit 2800 with those foods. Funny I get my avocados, and almost all produce, from a spanish place too because its dirt cheap.

    Other things you could add on a budget is pork tenderloin, ground turkey, and cottage cheese.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User FoxTron's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'10", 204 lbs
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    FoxTron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit FoxTron's BodySpace
    FoxTron is offline
    Originally Posted by TheHolyCannoli View Post
    You could easily hit 2800 with those foods. Funny I get my avocados, and almost all produce, from a spanish place too because its dirt cheap.

    Other things you could add on a budget is pork tenderloin, ground turkey, and cottage cheese.
    didnt even think about ground turkey good tip, pork tenderloin is a little bit out of my price range but ill check it out, maybe i could do it if i buy in bulk and part it out, isnt cottage cheese full of sodium?
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Phuck yo' couch TheHolyCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Connecticut, United States
    Stats: 5'9", 176 lbs
    Posts: 531
    Rep Power: 2368
    TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit TheHolyCannoli's BodySpace
    TheHolyCannoli is offline
    Originally Posted by FoxTron View Post
    didnt even think about ground turkey good tip, pork tenderloin is a little bit out of my price range but ill check it out, maybe i could do it if i buy in bulk and part it out, isnt cottage cheese full of sodium?
    Have you actually looked at the price of pork, way cheaper than chicken or beef. Maybe "tenderloin" is the wrong term, but what I buy is usually 1/4in thick boneless pork "filets".

    The fat free and low fat cottage cheese has more salt than regular, but I don't worry about it as I'm not adding salt to any of my foods. Pros outweigh the cons IMO.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User FoxTron's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
    Age: 24
    Stats: 5'10", 204 lbs
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    FoxTron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Visit FoxTron's BodySpace
    FoxTron is offline
    Originally Posted by TheHolyCannoli View Post
    Have you actually looked at the price of pork, way cheaper than chicken or beef. Maybe "tenderloin" is the wrong term, but what I buy is usually 1/4in thick boneless pork "filets".

    The fat free and low fat cottage cheese has more salt than regular, but I don't worry about it as I'm not adding salt to any of my foods. Pros outweigh the cons IMO.

    gotcha yeah i was just looking at some different cottage cheeses and they average around 18% of your daily sodium in a serving but with like 13.5g of protein on an average id say so thanks for that one man i really never looked at cottage cheese because all the sodium turned me off but i dont have a whole lot of sodium in my diet anymore and i could always use more protein through a low cal food

    and the price of pork might be cheaper in your part of the country, idk i havn't checked the price at the market recently, i know tenderloins where at like 9 bucks a lb last time i had them, on the other hand chicken when caught on sale for boneless skinless chicken breast its only 1.99/lb

    i could check on the fillets, they cant be as bad as tenderloins, and it would be a nice change up from boiled and grilled chicken

    much appreciated
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User gp79's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 36
    Stats: 6'3", 241 lbs
    Posts: 351
    Rep Power: 1310
    gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000) gp79 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit gp79's BodySpace
    gp79 is offline
    You might think steak is out of your price range but some cuts are much less expensive than others. Sirloin Top and Bottom Round steaks are cheap and have little fat marbled in them. Might not be as tender as a ribeye, but it'll get the job done. Figure out what day your grocery store puts out new meat and slip in the day of or the day before for the items that they need to move before they get tossed. 50% or more of a price reduction. And no, I wouldn't buy anything out of those nasty freezers where everything is freezer burned and 2 weeks old! Lol
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Phuck yo' couch TheHolyCannoli's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Connecticut, United States
    Stats: 5'9", 176 lbs
    Posts: 531
    Rep Power: 2368
    TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000)
    Visit TheHolyCannoli's BodySpace
    TheHolyCannoli is offline
    Originally Posted by FoxTron View Post
    gotcha yeah i was just looking at some different cottage cheeses and they average around 18% of your daily sodium in a serving but with like 13.5g of protein on an average id say so thanks for that one man i really never looked at cottage cheese because all the sodium turned me off but i dont have a whole lot of sodium in my diet anymore and i could always use more protein through a low cal food

    and the price of pork might be cheaper in your part of the country, idk i havn't checked the price at the market recently, i know tenderloins where at like 9 bucks a lb last time i had them, on the other hand chicken when caught on sale for boneless skinless chicken breast its only 1.99/lb

    i could check on the fillets, they cant be as bad as tenderloins, and it would be a nice change up from boiled and grilled chicken

    much appreciated
    Na, the pork I'm buying is around 1.99/lb, precut and packaged by the butcher.

    Also, as far as beef options, cube steaks are cheap as hell. Marinate those in a little low sodium soy sauce for a few minutes, then cook them in a pan for about 3minutes each side. Quick and easy protein source.
    Reply With Quote

Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts