loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10) loveee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Microwaving egg whites

Do you lose the protein when you microwave liquid egg whites?

mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by loveee View Post
    I assume you're asking about bioavailability, rather than actually "losing" protein during the cooking process. Therefore, I would suggest you take a look at the following ..... Digestibility of Cooked and Raw Egg Protein in Humans as Assessed by Stable Isotope Techniques

cliffs: cooked egg white > raw egg white
    STEP-BY-STEP: How to find your caloric needs and macros for a bulk, cut, or recomp.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141685921&p=820083221&viewfull=1#post820083221

ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by loveee View Post
    I have heard you lose some, I'm not entirely sure but if you don't get an answer, you should probably just fry them up aha
    "Everyday you must wake up and beat your own expectations."

"Don't talk about it, be about it"

IIFYM

I rep back!

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lose them to what? They don't suddenly become nullified. If that were so, then that would mean the microwave somehow has the ability to destroy calories.

Short answer: No.

Also, if any of this were true, then that means reheating leftovers using the microwave would diminish total calories each time.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The egg white would become denatured and possibly losing some properties associated with its structure, however this does not "destroy" or cause you to lose protein. The amino acids remain intact and are still available.

Denaturation also occurs in your stomach, no big deal.
    hi (╯°□°)╯┻━┻

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ThatWei View Post

Denaturation also occurs in your stomach, no big deal.
    which is why I inject it straight into my muscles
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xAK has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://www.springerlink.com/content/hunh9t7361grf9vt/
    according to this study, they were able to fully hydrolyze and recover 95% of the aminos after microwaving protein for 2hrs

microwaving just unfolds the protein structure, doesnt destroy the amino acids that make it up
    BA Biological Sciences, minors- Biochemistry, Nutrition;
    University of Delaware, 2010
    so far 2013 has been mens physique npc
    striving to compete in an ocb bb'ing comp by the end of the year

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    you're worrying too much. Microwaving is merely a cooking/heating method.
    Amino acids are denatured sooner or later anyway, when they enter your digestive system.
    I microwave my egg whites with oats when I need quick, yet filling calories from carbs and proteins.
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health