Santaclaus1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile 19 Year old, New guy reporting in.

First of all - Hello to everyone!

So I'm 19 years old, 5'6, 135lbs, male.
    Is this age appropriate to even start working-out?

So I'm short and skinny and recently decided that its time to do something about this. I really don't have the money at this moment to go to Gym,
    BUT I have a 22lbs dumbell here at home and surprisngly I can even lift it, heh.

I've read a few topics here and around, but they all are Gym related.

So while I save up some money to go to a Gym, I've decided to work out home, doing push-ups, stretching, ABS and now I'm wondering which exercises would be the best for me (a skinny beginner) to do with my 22lbs dumbell?

My goal is to gain weight, muscle and if it's even possible then an inch or two. (My father is 5'9 and mother 5'4)

Any ideas?

Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000) Ensix is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, your age is perfectly fine, I started when I was 15, and there are people who started even younger. Those 22 lb dumbbells won't get you anywhere, if you want to get bigger you will have to find a gym you can afford.

akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akatric has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Ensix View Post
    Yes, your age is perfectly fine, I started when I was 15, and there are people who started even younger. Those 22 lb dumbbells won't get you anywhere, if you want to get bigger you will have to find a gym you can afford.
    This. Some gyms arent too expensive. The one I go to back home is 15/month.

zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) zarch has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I started working out at 18 years old, and while I am relatively new to these forums I've been working out for a bit. My only advice to give you is to save your money and sign up for a gym, most gyms even offer free personal training sessions so you can learn what to do.

In the end like everything else bodybuilding boils down to how much you want it, cheers! and good luck.