mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Muscle soreness & lifting weights

So I'm new to lifting weights. I use a variety of machines and barbells at the gym. Usually i can only do about 10-12 lb dumbells when doing 4 sets of 10-15 reps. The machines i can only do about 30-35 lbs (rows) Back i do about 90 lbs. I can do those workouts and be sore for a day or so. But I did a les mills class with a short little bar with weights about 2.5 lbs on either side with adding 2lbs on each side at certain points during the class. It was an hour long with dead lifts,squats,push ups,sit ups,etc. The class was saturday and now its tuesday and i'm still in a lot of pain. Sunday I couldn't even get up from sitting without help. Obviously I over did it. Any tips on how to prevent this,help ease the pain. I want to go back to the gym as soon as i'm feeling better but want to try to prevent doing this to myself again. I also want to work up to being able to go back to the les mills class. Really need some advice, thanks.

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Beginners tend to get more sore in general. Pretty normal. You did a pretty rigorous workout - I'd probably be sore after that too. When I do a new intense workout I can be sore for up to 5 days. You'll just have to get through it. Maybe work up to the class next time...
    Karen

mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mia99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kdiamond55 View Post
    Beginners tend to get more sore in general. Pretty normal. You did a pretty rigorous workout - I'd probably be sore after that too. When I do a new intense workout I can be sore for up to 5 days. You'll just have to get through it. Maybe work up to the class next time...
    Finally feeling a little better now. Thanks for the reply. Trying to figure out a workout routine to build up to it is my next challenge.