Thread: Cellulite

Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100)

Unhappy Cellulite

I have a bit of an issue with cellulite on the back of my upper thighs and my but. I have tried all sorts of gimmicky creams and massage techniques but nothing is working. I have a body fat of 20.2% and do not have a problem anywhere else in my body. I train hard and eat clean now but have previously been bout 40lb overweight and am starting to wonder if this is what I am gonna be left with permanently. Any advise please.

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It really is a matter of body fat and loose skin. You're only 28 so you're skin should catch up quickly. Even ladies with much lower body fat have cellulite issues. Just make sure in addition to your training you drink tons of water.

Originally Posted by Laurataylor573 View Post
    I have a bit of an issue with cellulite on the back of my upper thighs and my but. I have tried all sorts of gimmicky creams and massage techniques but nothing is working. I have a body fat of 20.2% and do not have a problem anywhere else in my body. I train hard and eat clean now but have previously been bout 40lb overweight and am starting to wonder if this is what I am gonna be left with permanently. Any advise please.
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Increase muscle mass in those areas and possibly reduce body fat. Those are you only two viable options.

beccagb78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in the SAME boat! I am so discouraged lately...I work out like crazy...eat well (whole foods/protien/low carbs) and yet I still have these fatty deposits on my thighs (saddlebags?). I have read that sometimes these areas are just not possible to tone for some women and I am not happy about it! I don't know what else I can be doing...so hopefully someone out there will have some good advice for us both!!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Increase muscle mass in those areas and possibly reduce body fat. Those are you only two viable options.
    This^^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    This is what I am presently trying to do.

I have been able to significantly reduce the saddlebags and cellulite by leaning up. Thing is that I had to take it to a point where my upper body looked like death warmed over; super stringy and veiny. Once I get back up to a sustainable (for me) body fat, the cellulite reappears.

I am hoping that with cycles of bulking and cutting, the cellulite will continue to lessen. It's mild, but I will always probably have it to some degree, especially since I appreciate my body more at a higher BF.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    This is what I am presently trying to do.

I have been able to significantly reduce the saddlebags and cellulite by leaning up. Thing is that I had to take it to a point where my upper body looked like death warmed over; super stringy and veiny. Once I get back up to a sustainable (for me) body fat, the cellulite reappears.

I am hoping that with cycles of bulking and cutting, the cellulite will continue to lessen. It's mild, but I will always probably have it to some degree, especially since I appreciate my body more at a higher BF.
    Women really discount what more muscle mass can to to improve the look of cellulite. Saddlebags in particular. They scream for more ham and glute lean mass.

Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100) Laurataylor573 is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs up Thanks

More hamstring Glute raises and deadlifts it is then. Thanks guys.

caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) caprica6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by beccagb78 View Post
    I am in the SAME boat! I am so discouraged lately...I work out like crazy...eat well (whole foods/protien/low carbs) and yet I still have these fatty deposits on my thighs (saddlebags?). I have read that sometimes these areas are just not possible to tone for some women and I am not happy about it! I don't know what else I can be doing...so hopefully someone out there will have some good advice for us both!!
    Something I've learned by witnessing the progress of others here - I won't ever settle. A prime example is bodyspacer S e ngari, no spaces. Look at her before pic. Do eet! My goals are different from hers, but seeing the way she blew apart the myth of the body type, I know I will continue to transform if I just put in the effort. There are countless other examples here... C hris sief (I think that's the spelling, no spaces) is another one.

sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sbiston has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Cellulite make women uncomfortable. There are some natural way to remove cellulite may it helps you.

Lose weight by burning more calories than you consume each day. Maintaining a healthy weight is one of the easiest ways to see an improvement in your cellulite. Try a healthier diet made up of whole foods, fruits, vegetables and healthy whole grains as you watch your weight and exercise.

Yoga and deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.

To help you reduce the cellulite, build muscle with the employment of resistance coaching. you’ll do lunges, squats, leg curls and presses. Exercises like swimming, walking, stair stepping and even dancing will facilitate burn calories and these exercises can help remove cellulite from the legs. You’ll do any exercise that increase muscle and burn calories.

Try cellulite massages. The treatment is fairly easy and is way sort of a normal massage. You need to apply a moderate to heavy pressure to the cellulite area, using the palms, fingers and or knuckles to firmly massage the area. The massage can increase blood circulation permitting the body to scrub out the toxins victimization the bodies natural waste system.

Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. Along with what everyone else has mentioned, it's important to loosen up that area and get blood flow through there.. cellulite massages are pretty good for this
    Suck it up, so you don't have to suck it in.

Journal can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148785623

Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rozekeke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also.. why so much neg rep?
    Suck it up, so you don't have to suck it in.

Journal can be found here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148785623

ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000) ellybelle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I didnt used to have a problem with cellulite. But after baby no.2 my legs would make me cry, as the baby weight fell off the cellulite got sooo bad. i kind of half accepted it my mommy body. Most recently iv been very focused on trying to get a squat booty, so loads of atg squats, deadlifts, kettlebell swings etc (i crossfit). iv noticed that as my butt is developing roundness my cellulite has almost completely disappeared
    Goals: lose 20lbs
    Squat: 200lbs
    deadlift: 250lbs
    pull-ups: unassisted 10

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148261863

This was a 9 month thread bump

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sbiston View Post
    deep breathing is an exercise that you can practice to help you smooth out cellulite.
    Phew. Oh thank god.

I thought I was going to actually do some work to get rid of that....

Hurrah.

My only question is:

I've been breathing for almost 30 years, when will my results start to appear??

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Phew. Oh thank god.

Hurrah.

My only question is:

I've been breathing for almost 30 years, when will my results start to appear??
    During childbirth! It's a multipurpose exercise!

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ooh yes I've heard of breathing helping!!! I'm planning to pop this one out in my basement so I'm going to need those breaths Hey, maybe I'll have a perfect non-jiggly ass after as a result!!! (yeah... right, my <---stats are off by 30lbs)

moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moogs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Phew. Oh thank god.

Hurrah.
    haha classic

Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50) Trueweltall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How many of you ride a bicycle? You could try that.

barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) barbaramory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Consuming a healthy diet is extremely significant to decrease cellulite. In view of the fact that you cannot reduce cellulite instantly, you require burning fat on your whole body to notice outcomes. You can obtain this by means of consuming a diet which contains low starches and sugar but elevated in fruits, vegetables and lean meats. Several well-like programs that act are low-carb diets. They help you let go of fat rather than muscle. To shake off weight, you must consume not above than 2,000 calories daily if you are a woman, and even less if you are small. Use up healthy oils such as coconut oil, olive oil and avocados, because they fill you up rapidly without encouraging fat increase.

CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10) CorStar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Best layman's information on cellulite. (Still can't post links but Google Scientific American cellulite)

As someone who's (almost) completely gotten rid of their cellulite in the past, there's a good chance it's only going to happen at dangerous body fat in a severely estrogen deficient state. So, do you want smooth thighs or to be able to have children? You can definitely decrease it's amount and appearance significantly in a healthy way (eat less toxins, improve your circulation to the area), but if you're genetically predisposed to cellulite in certain areas, it's going to be tough to get rid of it and still maintain womanness.

I will say, however, though I clearly do not recommend this method of treatment, is that as I've put back on some fat in these areas (for me its just the outer thigh), the cellulite has not come back there yet, even though I think at the same weight previously it was. My point is, that if you decrease the size of the fat cells in these areas it is possible that, if/when they are re-filled, a more desirable and healthy diet/level of activity/circulation may prevent them from pressing so urgently into the connective tissue the second time around.

Mostly, though, we're kind of just screwed. The good news, though? Because cellulite is usually found in the gynoidy areas like the hips and booty, it's the less heart-harmful kind of fat

Weightlifting Wife daughterofisis's Avatar
    daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daughterofisis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CorStar View Post
    Best layman's information on cellulite. (Still can't post links but Google Scientific American cellulite)

As someone who's (almost) completely gotten rid of their cellulite in the past, there's a good chance it's only going to happen at dangerous body fat in a severely estrogen deficient state. So, do you want smooth thighs or to be able to have children? You can definitely decrease it's amount and appearance significantly in a healthy way (eat less toxins, improve your circulation to the area), but if you're genetically predisposed to cellulite in certain areas, it's going to be tough to get rid of it and still maintain womanness.

I will say, however, though I clearly do not recommend this method of treatment, is that as I've put back on some fat in these areas (for me its just the outer thigh), the cellulite has not come back there yet, even though I think at the same weight previously it was. My point is, that if you decrease the size of the fat cells in these areas it is possible that, if/when they are re-filled, a more desirable and healthy diet/level of activity/circulation may prevent them from pressing so urgently into the connective tissue the second time around.

Mostly, though, we're kind of just screwed. The good news, though? Because cellulite is usually found in the gynoidy areas like the hips and booty, it's the less heart-harmful kind of fat
    One of the most intelligent posts on cellulite I've seen yet!
    One of the problems I see on this topic is that many just plain don't know what cellulite is. For this, medical sources are preferable to fitness-related sources. The latter usually contain a lot of well-meaning folks that proudly proclaim "it's just simple fat, so work harder, eat cleaner and get rid of it" and as a result come off as rather self-righteous and ill-informed. No, it's not just fat...it pertains to the interrelationship with fat deposits and collagen. As we age or endure childbirth, not only does cortisol/fat increase but collagen becomes thinner or stretched. Pretty much explains why older women have it more- YES, even those who work out hard. Once knew a woman at my gym who was royally cut on top, 6 pack abs, did lower body work...and ate healthy... but it was all over her rear thighs. But she was also in her mid-50s. I don't believe cellulite is an excuse not to give up on a goal- heck I'm 43 & prepping for my first bikini competition. Clean diet and exercise are still the best ways to fight it or minimize it, but short of liposuction...some of us always have a bit.

I struggle with this too, Laura. I squat, lunge & hamstring curl my booty off. While my booty has a rounder shape and the tone on my rear thighs has improved, the scourge hasn't vanished. I'm 18 weeks out, and I still have time to lean out my lower half more. Ain't giving up. I did notice at the last NPC show I attended the 3rd place trophy winner in Master's bikini had some cellulite in the same area as I do. :-)