Thread: Always hungry

Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Always hungry

If I'm cutting, I try to get as much protein in my food as I can, not only because it preserves the muscle but makes me feel more full for longer. But even if I eat at a slight calorie deficit with lots of proteins, I usually get hungry 2 hours after a meal no matter how big the meal was, it seems, so I'm practically hungry all the time and just have to live with that if I want to cut... Is this something that will be easier as i get older?

IFBB Amateur, M. Physique ArchangelEST's Avatar
    ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ArchangelEST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Many people here are Forever hungry. Some can pack in 10k calories a day and still crave more, so for some people - there really is no "cure". Just ways to cope.

Protein rich foods is one option. Also various vegetables or some fruits are fairly high in volume (mass), but low on calories. Consuming them can make you full with very few calories.

Then there is the potential of IF. (intermittent fasting)

Point there is to endure the hunger for roughly half the day, so the other half, you can consume twice as much food. Allowing greater satisfaction during that time. For many, it's the only way to actually ever feel even remotely full during the day. And they much prefer to endure some hunger (which is there anyway) to feel full later.

Age might be a factor. But I'm not that sure if there are any universal trends here.
    Owner of:

www.Aspartame-Research.com
    www.MayfieldFitness.net

Author of:

Flexible Dieting Handbook: How To Lose Weight by Eating What You Want - an Amazon Bestseller

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. "

― Alvin Toffler

brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brosephstalin1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    its all mental. IF you were actually in need of food you would know it. Have mental focus on your goals, embrace your "hungry" and crush it with your desire

ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ArmsofIron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can only speak from my experience. But when i get hungry i drink some water first to see if that helps. it usually does. But my body adjusts and expects food at a certain time if i usually eat with in a certain time period

Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Skizoman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep your goals in mind and remind yourself that you ARE getting all you need for your current goal.
    ==Juggernaut Group==
    http://groups.bodybuilding.com/i_am_juggernaut

I'll be satisfied when I'm dead.

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forever hungry crew checking in.

I agree with Arch eats lots of protein and maybe consider IF.
    420/285/535

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^ The problem with IF is that the OP said "I usually get hungry 2 hours after a meal no matter how big the meal was". So that might not necessarily solve the problem.

If it works with your schedule, you might want to try grazing over the course of the day. For a lot of people this has the opposite effect, but since you feel hungry or get cravings so often this might be a way to combat that without going over your alloted cals for the day.

Also accept that hunger on a cut is normal and expected. A lot of this really is mental. Keep yourself busy and find something to do post-meal besides sitting and thinking about food.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much are you eating? are you sure about your caloric intake?

And yeah, from personal experience.. it's more often a mental thing rather than actual physical hunger. It's a desire to eat, a craving for something..

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by illiniStrive View Post
    Also accept that hunger on a cut is normal and expected. A lot of this really is mental. Keep yourself busy and find something to do post-meal besides sitting and thinking about food.
    I just find IF more psychologically satisfying when on caloric restriction
    The bottom line may be just getting the discipline to stay strong and keep your goals in mind. My hunger pangs were usually the worse early in my cut.
    420/285/535

Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Awkwarrrd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the tips and advices. I will definitely try IF for at least a day and see how it works for me. And yeah it's not just hunger, it's a combination of the need to feel "full" as-well as just craving for something tasty.

Btw, I know many people recommend eating 5-6 small meals instead of 3-4 big. But I actually think 3-4 bigger meals works better for me. First of all if I eat small meals I find it hard to really keep them small and tend to cheat "a little"; for example today I made a salad with chicken and eggs and vegetables with about 300 cals, and when I had ate it up I was so hungry I said **** it and made myself two slices of bread with salmon which probably added another 300 calories... and another point is that I also tend to cheat and eat lots of fruit inbetween meals because I never feel satisfied. What is the science behind the 5-6 small meal per day anyway?

Registered User coconuttree2009's Avatar
    coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000) coconuttree2009 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Most of the time hunger is mental, therefore, keeping busy distracts the thoughts about food.

Yes, i lift. Inb4 stats. iiradman's Avatar
    iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hmm, you're all quite opposite to me.

Don't get me wrong though, since i've started weight training, i've been packing in 6 meals a day and am constantly hungry.

However, i DON'T like eating. srs. i feel its a waste of my time, and overall i just DON'T enjoy the experience. Due to the fact i've had 8 of my grinding teeth taken out, it takes 30-60 mins for me to consume my meal. My metabolism is extremely high so i have no choice but to eat like a pig or i'll risk losing a lot of weight. Its a drag, day in & day out.

willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Awkwarrrd View Post
    Btw, I know many people recommend eating 5-6 small meals instead of 3-4 big. But I actually think 3-4 bigger meals works better for me. What is the science behind the 5-6 small meal per day anyway?
    Eating 6 small meals a day has no benefit over 3 normal or larger ones. The thought of "oh but if you keep some food in your stomach more often, it'll keep your metabolism working harder" is bullsh*t. People never even think of the Thermogenic Effect of food, it takes energy to remove those nutrients from what you stuff in your face. And having more food in your stomach yeilds a higher thermogenic rate.

Just eat your 3 meals a day and as long as you meet your macros you're golden.

The way companies market their meal replacement products is going to be a joke in 20 years if people keep buying into their bs.

"Get our new 'Derp-Bar'!!! Can't get your 26th small snack in by the time you get to bed??? Reach for a 'Derp-Bar'!!!
    The body is designed to rip apart molecules and for energy and maintenance... that is all. It doesn't care if it is organic, processed,food dyed, etc. Genetics govern how the body responds to food."

**Sriracha Hot Sauce Crew**

"Intermittent Faster" as of 1/25/12

mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mariusjacobsen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry to break it to you OP, but theres a reason the average joe isnt lean and muscular. If youre cutting, you need to accept hunger as a part of the equation. But try to interpret hunger as a sign that youre getting leaner.

willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10) willschilling is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mariusjacobsen View Post
    Sorry to break it to you OP, but theres a reason the average joe isnt lean and muscular. If youre cutting, you need to accept hunger as a part of the equation. But try to interpret hunger as a sign that youre getting leaner.
    This.

Almost word-for-word from the book "The Bodyfat Solution."
    The body is designed to rip apart molecules and for energy and maintenance... that is all. It doesn't care if it is organic, processed,food dyed, etc. Genetics govern how the body responds to food."

**Sriracha Hot Sauce Crew**

"Intermittent Faster" as of 1/25/12

JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeX22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You think you are always hungry?

Check this out!

Yesterday when I came from my workout, I drank a shake (40g dextrose, 30g protein whey), then immediately I ate 900g of whole wheat macaroni (which equals to about 220 carbs) and 100g of meat and I didn't even feel it, It's like the more I eat, the more I am hungry.

One solution is IF cause the more time passes between meals, the easier it is to endure. I am almost never hungry right in the morning and only get hungry after I eat (weird right?)

Another good option is drinking lots of water all day, cause water keeps you full and bloated, and has also other obvious bodybuilding benefits...