darkelf83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how can i get smaller leaner calves?

I'm not sure if my calves are fat or muscle but I'm wondering how I can make them smaller and leaner, not bulkier? What exercises could I do for this?

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by darkelf83 View Post
    I'm not sure if my calves are fat or muscle but I'm wondering how I can make them smaller and leaner, not bulkier? What exercises could I do for this?
    leaning out is about diet, not exercise. You will have to lose body fat from all over, you can not choose where the fat comes off. No spot reducing.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Getting lean is a body fat issue, which goes back to your diet. In order to lose fat, you need to be eating in a deficit. (Which means below your maintenance calories.)

If you go to the nutrition section, there is a thread for calculating calorie needs.

Good luck to you!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

darkelf83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    leaning out is about diet, not exercise. You will have to lose body fat from all over, you can not choose where the fat comes off. No spot reducing.
    so there's no guarantee i'll ever get lean calves since i can't choose where the fat comes off?

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so there's no guarantee i'll ever get lean calves since i can't choose where the fat comes off?
    No, it means that the fat will come off where it comes off, and it may take a while before you see your calves lean out. You dont just pick and choose where your body loses fat from, you have to lose from all over.

As kimm said, you have to eat at a deficit to lose body fat, your calves lean out as the rest of your body does. But you can not diet with the exact thought of losing from only the calves. Doesnt work that way. You will still need to exercise though to help retain muscle all over.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

legendvpn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendvpn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) legendvpn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no pro but I think stretching would help. I have quite bulky calves from dancing. However, I've been able to make them not go bulkier. I believe I achieved that with some help from stretching my legs.
    LegendVPN allows you to be safe while you surf. ;)