Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    jenesis536 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jenesis536 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Everyone... just found this thread! I'm going on my 10 year wedding anniversary this year and we have 3 kids (daughter is almost 16, another daughter almost 9 and my 4 year old boy). We definitely have a hard time juggling a fitness schedule, the kids and working FT, but we're in love, have great kids and we're very happy together. My husband is somewhat an enabler of bad habits, so I'm starting over and working on my schedule as I type this. Day one of Jamie Eason's Live Fit tomorrow! I've been eating clean, no sugar since Monday. Glad to find folks in a similar vote as it is comforting to know I'm not alone!
    Jen

nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jenesis536 View Post
    Hi Everyone... just found this thread! I'm going on my 10 year wedding anniversary this year and we have 3 kids (daughter is almost 16, another daughter almost 9 and my 4 year old boy). We definitely have a hard time juggling a fitness schedule, the kids and working FT, but we're in love, have great kids and we're very happy together. My husband is somewhat an enabler of bad habits, so I'm starting over and working on my schedule as I type this. Day one of Jamie Eason's Live Fit tomorrow! I've been eating clean, no sugar since Monday. Glad to find folks in a similar vote as it is comforting to know I'm not alone!
    Good Luck and keep your program in front of you at all times.

nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LeeBroome View Post
    My name is Lee, I'm 23, married with only one very active 2 year old. I'm currently deployed in Afghanistan so luckily right now I have a lot of time to work out. When I get home I'm sure it will be a different stroy but I'm hoping to make lifting and eating healthy a lifestyle I can keep going when I get back home.
    Welcome and thanks for serving.

BeatClaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hello

Hello! Married w a 1 year old. Active af member i work in a dark room talking to airplanes. Wife is stay at home working on a pt license, yoga cert, and a degree in hollistic nutrition. We are both active gym addicts. I recently joined the realm of crossfit but ive been lifting for about 3 years. Saw the fav breakfast post
    2 eggs w cayenne and jalapenos
    2 stips low sodium lean bacon
    1/2 cup oats
    2oz yogurt
    Thanks!

KimCarnell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi I'm married with 3 kids work full time and try and workout every morning! Kids all have different schedules so I am always juggling between work, kids , cooking. Crazy being a parent and trying to workout and eat clean! This year I promised re kids eat clean too no fizzy or junk food in the week will be a treat on the weekend! That way my diet stays clean for at least 6 days with no temptations!
    Originally Posted by Wildflowerlyn View Post
    Hi married with 2 kids. Great to meet other married parents. Any moms out there?

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'll join in here as well, married, two boys 11 and almost 8. I did have a pretty good schedule put together, either getting to the gym at 5:30am before work or squeezing in a short but intense session during lunch, then running, biking, playing basketball or soccer with the kids in the evenings for cardio. Going through a rough patch at the moment so the past 4 or 5 weeks have been pretty sporadic, hope to get refocused and back to a regular gym routine before things fall off to far, although starting next week both boys have something going on every night for the next couple of months.
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

Originally Posted by KimCarnell View Post
    Hi I'm married with 3 kids work full time and try and workout every morning! Kids all have different schedules so I am always juggling between work, kids , cooking. Crazy being a parent and trying to workout and eat clean! This year I promised re kids eat clean too no fizzy or junk food in the week will be a treat on the weekend! That way my diet stays clean for at least 6 days with no temptations!
    This seems to be a reasonable compromise, now if i could just get them to eat vegetables..

BeatClaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nmechelke View Post
    This seems to be a reasonable compromise, now if i could just get them to eat vegetables..
    A problem ive seen and dealt with when i was pre-teen into teen yeard i hated veggies. However i vowed not to let this happen to my kid. So when i was working at an elementry school, baby sitting, teaching you swim team i tried to develop some ideas to get kids into fruits and veggies. Ive employed some of these ideas w local parents in our support group here.

1: start em young our kiddo is a veggie fiend u will often see meat flying across the room as he shoves broccli in his mouth the firt 2 years are the easiest natures best, plum, sold at most grocery stores sells pouches that taste delicious and are great for the Lo plum berry and barley, green bean peas and greek yogurt etc. For those on a budget you can make them your self as well. A great book to use "start fresh" by tyler florence which has a myriad of healthy recipes my personal favorite is the egg plant parmesan.
    2+ once our kids hit this stage the best way to incorporate veggies. Have your little one help grow them from seed to finish they get a sense of pride when their garden picked veggie is used in family dinner. Also activity foods celery peanut butter and raisins= ants on a log or make cool designs out of their food google veggie bento boxes. Naked and bolt house make delucious good for you smoothies or diy
    5+ time to start cookin teach your kids to cook,juice,and blend their own food they love it!
    Oh no the teen years this is most difficult they key here is interest having your teen cook family dinner is 1 option my favorite has been culture night where you choose a nightvand incoporate different culture foods w maybe a family movie to follow up. Also a good idea to keep your fridge stocked w snacks like smoothies juice veggie chips veggie dips fruit slices etc.
    Hope this helps!
    Dont forget set the example yoy have to eat clean as well!

hammer23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Married with 2

I'm married with 2 kids , 11&6. We are slammed busy . I get up at 4 a.m and commute 1 hour to my gym and then off to work. I'm a utility construction manager so work is. Always busy as well. I also coach my sons football and baseball teams for the past 4 years. The hard part is making sure the kids eat healthy, that's tough! Go hard or go home !
    Hammer23

Lift hard or go home!!!

LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BeatClaw View Post
    A problem ive seen and dealt with when i was pre-teen into teen yeard i hated veggies. However i vowed not to let this happen to my kid. So when i was working at an elementry school, baby sitting, teaching you swim team i tried to develop some ideas to get kids into fruits and veggies. Ive employed some of these ideas w local parents in our support group here.

1: start em young our kiddo is a veggie fiend u will often see meat flying across the room as he shoves broccli in his mouth the firt 2 years are the easiest natures best, plum, sold at most grocery stores sells pouches that taste delicious and are great for the Lo plum berry and barley, green bean peas and greek yogurt etc. For those on a budget you can make them your self as well. A great book to use "start fresh" by tyler florence which has a myriad of healthy recipes my personal favorite is the egg plant parmesan.
    2+ once our kids hit this stage the best way to incorporate veggies. Have your little one help grow them from seed to finish they get a sense of pride when their garden picked veggie is used in family dinner. Also activity foods celery peanut butter and raisins= ants on a log or make cool designs out of their food google veggie bento boxes. Naked and bolt house make delucious good for you smoothies or diy
    5+ time to start cookin teach your kids to cook,juice,and blend their own food they love it!
    Oh no the teen years this is most difficult they key here is interest having your teen cook family dinner is 1 option my favorite has been culture night where you choose a nightvand incoporate different culture foods w maybe a family movie to follow up. Also a good idea to keep your fridge stocked w snacks like smoothies juice veggie chips veggie dips fruit slices etc.
    Hope this helps!
    Dont forget set the example yoy have to eat clean as well!
    You post about kids over 5 yrs old. reminds me of my daugher (age 6) this weekend. She is a great eater in general - does not like junk food at all .. actually says candy makes her physically ill, which I dont doubt! She asked to make a strawberry smoothie out of nowhere! It was fun to have her blend something together and try it and see if she liked it!
    ******** Page: www.********.com/getfitwithguido
    Twitter: @lbguido1
    Instagram: lbguido
    Tumblr: lisabguido

MommysFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MommysFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a mom of three (14, 7, 13 months). My kids have so many things going on that we're busy a lot and it's a concentrated effort to find time to workout. I just joined a new gym near my job so I can go at lunch. It's working out well so far.

I'm lucky that my kids love fruits and veggies. My daughters (baby included) will eat any veggie and my son just dislikes brussel sprouts and greenbeans. My 7 year-old was on a plant-based diet (her choice) for a little so, yea, we're veggie eaters in our home.

Our big fight is water - no one wants to drink water in our house! What's up with that? I literally have to coerce, bribe, threaten, hold water drinking competitions. My 7 year-old would rather go dehydrated than drink water. I've even tried flavoring it with fruit/veggies and it's a no go. Kids, I tell ya!

euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) euronewbie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thankfully the kids are good with both eating and drinking habbits. The oldest turned 11 on Dec 26 and had a group of freinds over the following weekend. The friends were horrified when they found out he had chosen baked Kale chips sprinkled with garlic instead of chips, and grilled Salmon with spinach and lima beans as dinner for all of them. Occasionally they will want a soda but both prefer diet to regular. And both are very active and understand the importance of water and staying hydrated, and staying away from empy calories.

The fight we have is with sleep... what a nightmare (no pun intended)
    ***kneedraggers crew***

Will rep back 98% of the time

BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50) BIGGUYN10EC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

East Tn

Married twin boys, Divorced,, Now married again. Now very happy.

authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10) authenticid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    4 kids and wife of 10 years!! Unfortunately for me i sort of let my self go since having children. Where as when i was single or a newly wed, i could just pick up and go, hit the gym and play ball. Since my life changed with the responsibility of children i've become less active and assumed bad eating habits. But 2 days ago i've committed to getting my health back on track!

Originally Posted by LGuido View Post
    I am currently eating 2 whole eggs, 1 1/2 serving of steel cut oats at around 6:30am and then a protein shake and banana at 9:30...I LOVE steel cut oats..can't believe it took me until last year to try them!
    I just tried steel cuts oats ..they are great, but how did you cook them? I did boil water then add 1cup oats to 3 water, then let simmer for 20-30 min

LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10) LGuido is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have two different kinds. One type is 1 cup of oats to 4 cups water. Simmer for 30 min uncovered. The other is 1 cup oats to 3 cups of water and take about 15 minutes...simmering covered. The both taste pretty much the same...I think the 15 min one is organic or something. Anyway, they are my absolute favorite! A little almond milk mixed in with a touch of honey! I could eat that all day!

I just tried steel cuts oats ..they are great, but how did you cook them? I did boil water then add 1cup oats to 3 water, then let simmer for 20-30 min

That's awesome!! Congrats on making that commitment to your health. And seeing you get back on track will be an inspiration to your kids as well! I took some time off as well between going to school and having kids. But it feels great to be back working out and eating healthy again

Originally Posted by authenticid View Post
    4 kids and wife of 10 years!! Unfortunately for me i sort of let my self go since having children. Where as when i was single or a newly wed, i could just pick up and go, hit the gym and play ball. Since my life changed with the responsibility of children i've become less active and assumed bad eating habits. But 2 days ago i've committed to getting my health back on track!

Originally Posted by LGuido View Post
    I have two different kinds. One type is 1 cup of oats to 4 cups water. Simmer for 30 min uncovered. The other is 1 cup oats to 3 cups of water and take about 15 minutes...simmering covered. The both taste pretty much the same...I think the 15 min one is organic or something. Anyway, they are my absolute favorite! A little almond milk mixed in with a touch of honey! I could eat that all day!
    Thanks ...side note just started on almond milk as well...way underrated..people should drink this. Have not tried coconut milk yet... I will try the both ways to cook them and see, but they are good...surprisingly good.

Gaspari Cinnamon roll protein...made into an actual cinnamon roll with vanilla protein frosting. Some of the recipes on here are great!

iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50) iownaniroc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Married here! No kids. Just bought a new house and my wife is into fitness as well. We work out 5X a week and I am training for my first men's physique comp! Add me friends! Follow me on Instagram: omgitsmikeyb
    **Thinks he is huge but is not huge crew**

WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WendaAthletics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all!

Wife and I have been together for 6 years- married for two. We have one 3 year old boy and our 2nd one due in September. In a nutshell, I'm a competitive bodybuilder gearing up for my 3rd pro qualifier show this June. After my wife had our son she wanted to join the gym which I was reluctant at first. Fast forward to today- her persistence paid off- having lifting weights changed our lives forever. The power of iron! lol

CAPTAIN4U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Married with 1 daughter ( 3yr old ) , do my cardio in the am and weights in the pm ,,,, best way i have found to break up the time so i can get it all in. Although since jan 1 its been alot harder ,,,, gym is packed

Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi everyone, just found this thread. New dad here, my son was born just 2 weeks ago

HairNailsFace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a parent. My son is 6.

Originally Posted by Warbrain View Post
    Hi everyone, just found this thread. New dad here, my son was born just 2 weeks ago
    Congrats...Hows the sleeping going?

froz3nlava has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool

Originally Posted by Wildflowerlyn View Post
    Hi married with 2 kids. Great to meet other married parents. Any moms out there?
    Hi not married in a committed relationship we both have 2 kiddos a piece mine are with us full time while his are out of state summers are hectic we do our workouts around his work schedule which is great except when we are doing it at 2o'clockin the morning he's out the door by 4 and I relax till its time for the kids to get up which is right about the time I could fall asleep

Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Warbrain is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats...Hows the sleeping going?
    lol he seems to like the night, wakes up often at night wanting to eat...

Crazy find at the gym... Needle broken...hopen that was a diabetic shot, but let be honest Im guessing not.

Anyone do any cutting programs?

Started cutting and felt sick to my stomach on day 3...

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast