Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    frank55moore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I may not qualify for this thread. I am married to a wonderful lady. Have been for 37 years. We have one son but is grown and gone. Just wondering if I fit in here?

nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by frank55moore View Post
    I may not qualify for this thread. I am married to a wonderful lady. Have been for 37 years. We have one son but is grown and gone. Just wondering if I fit in here?
    Yes sir- all walks welcome

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nmechelke View Post
    Happy Holidays..love the season and the current 50 degree weather.
    Thank you and Happy Holidays to you, and to everyone. 50 degree weather? No fair. It will be snowing here this weekend with a high of 33 degrees. Brrrrr...I hate winter. How am I supposed to get motivated to go xmas shopping if I don't want to venture out in subfreezing temperatures? Online shopping is starting to look more appealing. lol.

mrcr0wley1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am on my fourth day back at the gym after a year off, as I wanted to spend as much time with my new born! I was a competing bodybuilder!
    Last edited by mrcr0wley1989; 12-06-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bassackwards has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone here from NOVA, DC, or Maryland? Need you expertise

I have a interview this afternoon for a government job in DC. If I land it, I may be moving up there early next month. What are some nice areas to live at that are safe, family friendly, respectable, and cheap? I have a wife and 2 kids. Looking for an area that has a little bit of everything but not so outrageously expensice

Appreciate your input

nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10) nmechelke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by suesse View Post
    Thank you and Happy Holidays to you, and to everyone. 50 degree weather? No fair. It will be snowing here this weekend with a high of 33 degrees. Brrrrr...I hate winter. How am I supposed to get motivated to go xmas shopping if I don't want to venture out in subfreezing temperatures? Online shopping is starting to look more appealing. lol.
    The more you shop..the heavier it will be...so I guess that could be your workout.

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The more you shop..the heavier it will be...so I guess that could be your workout.
    Umm...not really. That's what shopping carts are for.

Originally Posted by mrcr0wley1989 View Post
    I am on my fourth day back at the gym after a year off, as I wanted to spend as much time with my new born! I was a competing bodybuilder!
    A whole year off for a newborn?

BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of the young married guys on here but the military will do that to ya!

BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BSully90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK needs some thoughts on HIIT training and how you go at it?. The reason im asking is I want to change something up for 6 weeks but it seems strange that Jim Stoppani's program you lift each exercise 10 times before moving to the next muscle, seems you would be better off moving to the opposite muscle next ? Also it doesnt really say either...so open to thoughts ....either way im going to start it.
    Hey im starting the 6 week Shred HIIT as well starting Monday. Maybe you can keep me updated on how its workin for you. It seems like the amount of reps your doing each day and it consisting of 6 days a week gives you a good muscle confusion to overall get good results.

mrcr0wley1989 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by suesse View Post
    A whole year off for a newborn?
    Yeah!! Their was a lot involved this year, two moves, running my own business..etc

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You will all be the only ones to understand... my 2nd is 5 weeks tomorrow and I sooooo badly want to train Just to go in, have 1 hour of peace to myself with the barbell and blare the music. But between there being no difference of night & day, cluster feeding alllll night, ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As a husband and dad of 2, I am looking to connect with people that are married or have kids and understand the challenges that go along with that and are trying to workout. I'm curious if there are any good forums, or groups to be associated with for advice and tips etc. A buddy program would be great to keep motivated and learn how to keep the whole family healthy and active.
    I'm the same age, married, have two kids, and also live in Minnesota. Funny.

I eat and train with a passion. If you have any questions or need to relate to someone, let me know!
    trainingwithryan.substack.com

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, since you asked about HIIT:

Originally Posted by BSully90 View Post
    Hey im starting the 6 week Shred HIIT as well starting Monday. Maybe you can keep me updated on how its workin for you. It seems like the amount of reps your doing each day and it consisting of 6 days a week gives you a good muscle confusion to overall get good results.
    Yep- Week one down and it is a good workout. First advice is you need alot of time...so if you dont have 1 1/2-2 hours you will need to take less of breaks on some things. Also start light and figure out the 50% 10 rep max as I thought I could just go off what I know...you really needs to start light then go hard on the last burn outs. I feel great and actually gained weight, but I understand the principal.

[QUOTE=2020Wellness;991315763]Also, since you asked about HIIT:

This is great too!!

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    I'm the same age, married, have two kids, and also live in Minnesota. Funny.

I eat and train with a passion. If you have any questions or need to relate to someone, let me know!
    I do need someone to push. The hardest part is I lift by myself and its good, but I have a f'd up shoulder so its hard to push to hard. Plus Im loving following a program...and I know the biggest is eating clean which im ready to do. Im over by Elk River.

YoungSnob has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am 21, have no kids, but I am a married man to a beautiful gal. Even though I'm young, I have a busy lifestyle with work, family, wife, and gym.

Yep- Week one down and it is a good workout. First advice is you need alot of time...so if you dont have 1 1/2-2 hours you will need to take less of breaks on some things. Also start light and figure out the 50% 10 rep max as I thought I could just go off what I know...you really needs to start light then go hard on the last burn outs. I feel great and actually gained weight, but I understand the principal.
    Yes indeed! I had my first workout yesterday after work and man i was exhausted! Thinking if dumbbells would work better than the barbell.. havent really gotten any responses yet.
    "I knew you couldn't resist my s***! I got the shakes that'll make you quake. I got the fries that'll cross your eyes. I got that burgers that'll... I just got burgers."

Originally Posted by BSully90 View Post
    Yes indeed! I had my first workout yesterday after work and man i was exhausted! Thinking if dumbbells would work better than the barbell.. havent really gotten any responses yet.
    I Spoke to Jim on Twitter and he says to switch back and forth between both

18 inches of snow...workout then shoveling= sore

18 inches of snow...workout then shoveling= sore
    That's a hell of a workout. Don't hurt your back.

I do need someone to push. The hardest part is I lift by myself and its good, but I have a f'd up shoulder so its hard to push to hard. Plus Im loving following a program...and I know the biggest is eating clean which im ready to do. Im over by Elk River.
    If you ever wanna come down to my gym for a training session, let me know. I train Wednesday and Thursday nights, as well as Saturday and Sundays.

Heavenly Blessed Beauty et3rnal's Avatar
    et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000) et3rnal is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have been married for 2 years and have a baby on the way. I really fear that I will lose my drive to hit the gym daily once the baby comes... so a place like this will come in handy!

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    You will all be the only ones to understand... my 2nd is 5 weeks tomorrow and I sooooo badly want to train Just to go in, have 1 hour of peace to myself with the barbell and blare the music. But between there being no difference of night & day, cluster feeding alllll night, ughhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    Yes welcome...and it does get better.

Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    If you ever wanna come down to my gym for a training session, let me know. I train Wednesday and Thursday nights, as well as Saturday and Sundays.
    I ll check your site out....(guessing your gym location is there)

defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000) defyant is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just found this thread. Married with 3 kids checking in.

insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insanityjlh426 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just found this thread and figured I would introduce myself. Been on here for a little over a week or so. While, I am not married, I am engaged and we have a 3 year old daughter together; two kids total. I have been on and off when it comes to working out. The toughest part for me now, aside from having parental responsibility is the fact that I work nights. However, on the HIIT topic, I did do the Insanity in its entirety back in the beginning of 2011. Worked like a dream. Went from 209 down to 195 lbs in 2 months, and lost over 17 inches throughout my body. Lots of people thought I weighed less than that! I definitely have difficulty staying motivated when it comes to working out, and I probably could come up with 1,000 reasons why, but there is really no excuse. Just read my signature. I am beginning a new chapter in my life (about to turn 30 in a few months), which means it is time to make a few life decisions, to include fitness.

While I am no rookie, I am sure there is plenty I can learn as there is always new exercises out there that I can try. After looking at a number of stories on here (awesome motivation can be found in the "Transformations" link found on the motivation page), as well as comparing weight vs physical appearance, I have decided to set the following weight goal:

Current weight: 197 lbs; Goal weight: 177 - 184 lbs

Not too sure how I want to be proportion wise, since my waist is naturally 35 inches. I'm looking at maybe going for 43" chest, 16.5 - 18" arms, 23" legs, 16" calves. It might seem like I'm throwing numbers out there, but it's not, I promise. Some of it is based from personal experience and other numbers are based on just constant information overload. Not trying to look perfect...want to build more confidence and self-appreciation. Right now I abuse the life out of my body...I drink untold amounts of soda, eat all sorts of fatty food (bad fat), smoke a pack of cigarettes per day, and the list goes on. Makes me wonder how the hell I am even just 197 lbs!

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Just tired of hiding from myself. I feel like the first step to fixing things is admitting there is a problem. Thanks for reading!
    There is no such thing as "I can't."

There is, however, such a thing as "I won't."

Accountability over Excuses...

kdlinare2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm a parent too single so I seek family to help take care of my big boy(9yrs). Try to go 5 or 6 times week to the gym, I picked up boxing as a hobby and have my son in boxing to deal with the divorce. We are strong and we make it happen! Family 1st!

Originally Posted by kdlinare2 View Post
    I'm a parent too single so I seek family to help take care of my big boy(9yrs). Try to go 5 or 6 times week to the gym, I picked up boxing as a hobby and have my son in boxing to deal with the divorce. We are strong and we make it happen! Family 1st!
    Welcome-

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast