Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Husband/Father of 2 checking in. Have a 2.5 y/o and a 3 week old. Man can it be tough but as some others posted it's all about compromise. I just want to continue to keep fit for my children as they grow up and get into sports and not just be a lazy dad who watches tv or sits at the computer all day(of course it's beneficial for the wife as well!).
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

"If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got"
    "Don't wish the world were easier, wish that you were tougher"
    "Those that can, do... those who can't, talk about it"

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nmechelke View Post
    Same Here my wife lifts and workout at the Y and I go to a separate club. I like that I can get in and just worry about me for that 1.5 hours. Plus as I have kids...they can go to the Y'd daycare.
    Hell yes! I love my workouts and I don't want anyone slowing me down. I tried working out with one of my daughters but like most females she was more into the cardio than the lifting. I do both, but I spend more time on lifting. I take my 2 youngest ones to the gym with me once a week. Thankfully there is an on-site child care center. The kids get mad when I sneak off to the gym twice a week while they are in school. Sorry, kids, but a mom's got to do what a mom's got to do.

suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10) suesse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So Does anyone use groups to actually push themselves or share stats, workouts etc? PS the mobile app for bodybuilding sucks.
    I joined a few groups when I found this site but i quickly found out that no one was there, even though the groups showed there were a lot of members. So I unjoined. My motivation comes from visitors to my profile and the few friends that stick around.
    You are right, the mobile app is so lacking.

Originally Posted by 09BlackSS View Post
    Husband/Father of 2 checking in. Have a 2.5 y/o and a 3 week old. Man can it be tough but as some others posted it's all about compromise. I just want to continue to keep fit for my children as they grow up and get into sports and not just be a lazy dad who watches tv or sits at the computer all day(of course it's beneficial for the wife as well!).
    It's hard when you have really young ones. Just finding time to sleep is a challenge, let alone finding time to work out. Keep at it though, you have to make time sometimes or else you will soon find yourself making excuses not to go to the gym.

Location: lincoln, North lincs, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    flxd69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    separated with 6 year old.

anyone find their wife doesn't like muscle...or have I just been unlucky?!

09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50) 09BlackSS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nmechelke
    So Does anyone use groups to actually push themselves or share stats, workouts etc? PS the mobile app for bodybuilding sucks.
    I don't but if ever requested I would put something together. I track all of my stuff on my phone when I work out. I've gotten a ton of information from this forum as well as a couple of books. I just bought the starting strength book, should arrive early next week and should be able to have some feedback on my personal opinion in a week or two. (results in a couple months after that lol)

Originally Posted by suesse View Post
    It's hard when you have really young ones. Just finding time to sleep is a challenge, let alone finding time to work out. Keep at it though, you have to make time sometimes or else you will soon find yourself making excuses not to go to the gym.
    Very true. Funniest thing about my whole situation though was that while I was in highschool I was in shape.. after I was laid off from my first job I packed on a whole lot of weight, went through college and obviously didn't improve lol. Then my first child came after college and all of a sudden had to take the time to work on myself. Starting to really realize that I had so much time before. But who needs sleep right? :P This forum has a lot of motivational posts to it, even just going through some of the fat to fit pics really make you think!!

Originally Posted by flxd69
    separated with 6 year old.

I think my wife likes it!
    Last edited by 09BlackSS; 03-24-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Multi-quote

"If you keep on doing what you've always done, you'll keep on getting what you've always got"

Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zoosh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Married father of eight. Workout six days a week. new to the forum so not sure what I'll get out of it , yet.

limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I found groups to be pretty lame so far - very few appear to be active. Easier just to use the forums.

2012 goals for me: body fat down to around 12% with weight @ around 160 (need to lose some flab AND put on some lean) and have an amateur boxing match!

limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10) limepickle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Zoosh View Post
    Married father of eight. Workout six days a week. new to the forum so not sure what I'll get out of it , yet.
    eight? Yikes! That's the record so far!

I think I'm done with two ... (and number two hasn't even arrived yet). I'm going to get my tubes tied soon, or whatever they do.

Originally Posted by Zoosh View Post
    Eight kids? Wow. Impressive. I lost count after my 3rd or 4th one, and I can't keep their names straight. My plan was to have only 2. lol. You work out 6 days a week? Excellent. Great stress reliever.

Very true. Funniest thing about my whole situation though was that while I was in highschool I was in shape.. after I was laid off from my first job I packed on a whole lot of weight, went through college and obviously didn't improve lol. Then my first child came after college and all of a sudden had to take the time to work on myself. Starting to really realize that I had so much time before. But who needs sleep right? :P This forum has a lot of motivational posts to it, even just going through some of the fat to fit pics really make you think!!

Lol @ "who needs sleep". So true. Gotta take care of ourselves so we can be around for our spouses and kids. Many of the transformations here are incredible.

Originally Posted by flxd69 View Post
    My wife has never had the option - hoping to fix that over the next few months

Originally Posted by suesse View Post
    Eight kids? Wow. Impressive. I lost count after my 3rd or 4th one, and I can't keep their names straight. My plan was to have only 2. lol. You work out 6 days a week? Excellent. Great stress reliever.
    Would never guess that you were a mom, you look great! Also we plan to only have 2... hopefully it stays that way lol.. only time will tell.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have two teens, 15 and 19. Girl and boy, respectively. Both are into weight lifting. My son started back in high school for football, and got me into it, to be honest. It's great when your kids are into the sport, too.

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    I have two teens, 15 and 19. Girl and boy, respectively. Both are into weight lifting. My son started back in high school for football, and got me into it, to be honest. It's great when your kids are into the sport, too.
    That's awsome!! Hopefully my son will be interested as he gets older too. Helps keep the motivation as well I'm sure.

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's awsome!! Hopefully my son will be interested as he gets older too. Helps keep the motivation as well I'm sure.
    yes it does.
    him: ''mom...you goin to the gym today...riiiight?''
    me: ''yesssss'' lol

who's the parent here?

i noticed you have a lil baby. aw. that's such a precious time in life. enjoy it. they grow up very very fast.

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm a seperated father of a 4 yr old boy and a 13 yr old step daughter. I have both 50% of the time. I'm up at 5:00 am everyday for cardio (bought an elyptical for home) so it's done before my boy wakes up. Drop him at day care. work 9-14 hours, pick kids up from their mothers house. Hang with the kids until the little guys bedtime. Either my GF or my daughter watches my boy while he sleeps so I can go lift (6 days a week). Started at 275 down to 200 prepping for my first competition. The days I don't have the kids it's much easier but hey I'll be damned if I give up any of my days, you make due with what your dealt. It helps that myself and the ex get along enough that we can help each other out though.

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yes it does.
    him: ''mom...you goin to the gym today...riiiight?''
    me: ''yesssss'' lol

who's the parent here?

i noticed you have a lil baby. aw. that's such a precious time in life. enjoy it. they grow up very very fast.
    You're lucky you little one likes to go. My 18 month old throws a fit since I switched gyms, I don't think he's comfortable yet

Originally Posted by bigfish18q View Post
    You're lucky you little one likes to go. My 18 month old throws a fit since I switched gyms, I don't think he's comfortable yet
    18 months...? like he doesn't like the daycare there?

mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000)
    married guy checking in.
    my struggle in the gym is basically my wife wants to go with me but when she gets there its like this
    30 mins cardio together
    5 sets for me is warm up
    5 sets for her and she's ready to go. then she just kinda stands around me. annoying as phuk
    INFORMATION AND APPLICATION = TRANSFORMATION

*not in any crews, crew

Originally Posted by mycoolhamm View Post
    married guy checking in.
    my struggle in the gym is basically my wife wants to go with me but when she gets there its like this
    30 mins cardio together
    5 sets for me is warm up
    5 sets for her and she's ready to go. then she just kinda stands around me. annoying as phuk
    aw.
    i see this A LOT at the gym.
    well...maybe you could do your cardio another time, and then make the most of your time at the gym, using the weights, while she is doing her cardio. more than one way to skin a cat.

mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000) mycoolhamm is just really nice. (+1000)
    aw.
    i see this A LOT at the gym.
    well...maybe you could do your cardio another time, and then make the most of your time at the gym, using the weights, while she is doing her cardio. more than one way to skin a cat.
    i kinda need the cardio to get loose. i have horrible knees, shoulder, elbows, hips. good idea though
    INFORMATION AND APPLICATION = TRANSFORMATION

*not in any crews, crew

Originally Posted by mycoolhamm View Post
    i kinda need the cardio to get loose. i have horrible knees, shoulder, elbows, hips. good idea though
    you don't need 30 minutes tho.
    you could do your cardio in the am...then, when you get there, do a few minutes with her...and then hit the weights.
    but, she also needs to not rush you along. there's a compromise in here somewhere. i feel it.
    good luck with it.
    it made me laugh reading this tho. because i do see this a lot. moreso with young guys...like 19, 20, 21...and their gf's are just following them around like puppies. lol

bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000) bigfish18q is a name known to all. (+5000)
    18 months...? like he doesn't like the daycare there?
    Yeah he doesn't at all, he liked it at the last gym but since I swtiched he throws himself down and cries everytime we go in.. i feel terrible for him! lol

Yeah he doesn't at all, he liked it at the last gym but since I swtiched he throws himself down and cries everytime we go in.. i feel terrible for him! lol
    aw...i bet it's hard to go workout knowing this. but...he probably will get used to it eventually.
    why did u change gyms?

89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 89ls1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Married w/ 2 kids. I have a nice gym setup on my back patio screened in. Days I workout my kids are outside with me doing jump rope or jumping on the trampoline. Makes things easy on me and they are getting exercise also.

aw...i bet it's hard to go workout knowing this. but...he probably will get used to it eventually.
    why did u change gyms?
    Well Lifestyle here in OH was bought out so I figured it would be a good time to get out. Now at Urban active and it's a better gym in general, just super busy. Could be the reason he doesn't like it, too many kids in there.

Well Lifestyle here in OH was bought out so I figured it would be a good time to get out. Now at Urban active and it's a better gym in general, just super busy. Could be the reason he doesn't like it, too many kids in there.
    oh i see.
    you might want to consider checking out some Y's in your area...they have a really good kids program, and daycare.
    i feel bad for your lil guy.

Would never guess that you were a mom, you look great! Also we plan to only have 2... hopefully it stays that way lol.. only time will tell.
    A lot of people tell me that. I tell them that having one kid or 5 kids doesn't entitle me to look like a cow. I will be fit til I die, at least that is my plan. Yeah, I wanted only 2. Had a tubal ligation after #3. Then I got remarried and as my youngest turned 18 he decided he wanted kids. But I was so close to having my empty nest! lol. So I'm starting over, and this time I mean it, no more than 2!

oh i see.
    you might want to consider checking out some Y's in your area...they have a really good kids program, and daycare.
    i feel bad for your lil guy.
    Yeah I feel bad for him too, I used to work out at the Y before I had kids.. not a bad place but here their equipment is just sub par. The daycare at Urban is really nice I just think he doesn't know anyone and it bothers him

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast