ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

What vitamins/minerals does the keto diet lack?

Hiya as the title says, does the keto diet leave you lacking in any essential vit/minerals? One I can think of is vitamin C since I'm not eating oranges, tomatoes etc any more? Will a decent multi a couple of times a day balance this out? Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I'm just curious.....don't want to leave myself deficient in anything haha.

kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kco143 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C.

ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ad$ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kco143 View Post
    Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C.
    ah cool im definatly eating enough of that haha thanks.

PerfectMotion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From what I researched on the forum when starting out Keto, I believe taking multivitamins is encouraged.

I personally use 'Seven Seas Cod Live Oil + Multivitamins' capsules. Arguably my body is probably getting a better amount of vitamins/minerals now than it did before I started keto and taking vitamins.

Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000) Wtf? is just really nice. (+1000)
    Minerals..calcium/potassium/magnesium. Unless you're eating a ton of cheese.
    1k.
    I rape back faster if you paste a link in rape box.

Originally Posted by PerfectMotion View Post
    From what I researched on the forum when starting out Keto, I believe taking multivitamins is encouraged.

I personally use 'Seven Seas Cod Live Oil + Multivitamins' capsules. Arguably my body is probably getting a better amount of vitamins/minerals now than it did before I started keto and taking vitamins.
    yeah same to be honest, my diet before consisted of alot of coke, kebabs, white bread sanwhiches with ham, etc.... all the quick easy unhealthy stuff...im getting such a variety of food now that if i am lacking in something, then at leasty it wont be as bad as before.

Originally Posted by Wtf? View Post
    Minerals..calcium/potassium/magnesium. Unless you're eating a ton of cheese.
    i get about 90g of cheese a day, plus im adding some nuts in to my diet tomorrow to hopefully boost my potassium/magnesium...i havent had a chance to go shopping yet. Hopefully if i take a multi as wel i should be fine.

ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ParsleyTea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A low carb article I recall, but similar to keto obviously.

"Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II"

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/s...ow-carb-pt-ii/

Except from the article on minerals that can be of help. The piece goes into further detail on sodium, magnesium, and potassium.

"..If you’ve got the brutal headaches that some people get when starting on a low-carb diet, add sodium. And drink extra water.

Even if you don’t have pitting edema, postural hypotension or headaches, you still need more sodium if you are starting out on or following a low-carb diet. It’s critically important that you get extra sodium. I can’t make this case too strongly.

An easy way to get extra sodium along with magnesium and potassium (a couple of other electrolytes we’ll discuss in a bit) is by consuming bone broth. Unfortunately, you typically have to make the good stuff yourself because it’s difficult to find commercially. You can get chicken broth and beef broth at most grocery stores, but it’s not nearly as good as the broth you can make yourself. At the end of this post I‘ll give you a spectacular recipe that we have for a great bone broth we made at our now-defunct restaurant. It is beyond good. It requires a little time, but you can make a bunch and freeze it in small containers and keep it forever.

Short of making your own bone broth, you can use commercially available bouillon, which contains plenty of sodium and makes a nice hot drink. Plop a cube in a cup of hot water and throw it back. Many patients have reported that drinking a cup of hot bouillon helps them get through carb cravings. It’s easy and convenient, but can’t compare in taste to the real bone broth you make yourself...."

jamesjohs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    According to various studies ,it is seen that when you are on a ketogenic diet,then there are mainly three deficiencies of magnesium,sodium and potassium.So we need careful monitoring of these minerals .Talking about vitamins ,Vitamin K and Vitamin C are lacking on keto diet.It is seen that most fruit is high in vitamin C ,but it is not recommendable when you are on a keto diet.So,veggies are the good option for cover up the deficiency of vitamin C .The low carb vegetables having higher content than fruits include humble bell peppers,brussel sprouts,brocolli,kale and many more.
    ketonedietguide.com
    Last edited by jamesjohs; 10-11-2018 at 03:04 AM.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing. If you're eating green leafy vegetables you're fine. You don't need nearly as much vit-c as you do when you eat carbs, anyway, but spinach and broc**** are full of it, as well as organ meat. Beef liver is particularly nutrient dense.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer