teddythedog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lowering body fat percentage while building muscle?

Hi, i was wondering if its possible to gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time.

The thing is because every time i finish going to the gym, i eat alot before i go again. I mean ALOT! i am 16 years old.

So i don't really do cardio, so after a workout when i want my muscles to get bigger and stronger, i heard u need to work hard, eat and sleep. which is what i do.

But when i do cardio like basketball or running, i heard u burn the calories u eat, so if i finish lifting weights, and i eat alot, but if i do cardio to burn fat and lower my body fat percentage. the calories will be burned on cardio and not go to my muscles for recovery?

argh i am confused.

but i want to like get a 6 pack but in order to do so u need to lower ur body fat percentage, but i also want to get bigger arms and chest muscles. is this goal impossible to gain at the same time?

KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KnoUrRoleNSYM has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by teddythedog View Post
    Hi, i was wondering if its possible to gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time.

The thing is because every time i finish going to the gym, i eat alot before i go again. I mean ALOT! i am 16 years old.

So i don't really do cardio, so after a workout when i want my muscles to get bigger and stronger, i heard u need to work hard, eat and sleep. which is what i do.

But when i do cardio like basketball or running, i heard u burn the calories u eat, so if i finish lifting weights, and i eat alot, but if i do cardio to burn fat and lower my body fat percentage. the calories will be burned on cardio and not go to my muscles for recovery?

argh i am confused.

but i want to like get a 6 pack but in order to do so u need to lower ur body fat percentage, but i also want to get bigger arms and chest muscles. is this goal impossible to gain at the same time?
    I think it's better to pick one and work at it, cut or bulk. Right now im working myself under 10% so when I bulk i'll never go over 10%. And the cuts from 10% to 8% will only last like a month.

Warship has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One word: priority.

It's winter time now. Big sweaters and such. Nobody will notice your awesomely well-defined muscles or abs. BULK UP, to March - April, then start a remotely slow cut.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it is called recomping. You eat at maintaniance and over time you will gain muscle and lose fat. It is BLOODY SLOW procress and a big waste of time, strength and size gains will be a lot more limited.

Stick to one. You can't have the cake and eat it too.

frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) frankie123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KnoUrRoleNSYM View Post
    I think it's better to pick one and work at it, cut or bulk. Right now im working myself under 10% so when I bulk i'll never go over 10%. And the cuts from 10% to 8% will only last like a month.
    never over 10?
    so how much u gain actually? srs
    Canadian Crew
    Ryerson U
    ∑X - Beta Omega, IHSV