ShaneWall27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nutritional Questions for Noob

Alright here's the deal. Just started to get real serious with eating, working out, losing fat, and gaining muscle. Ive been going to the gym regularly in the last 6 weeks and have changed my eating around 100%. Im 5'9 304 lbs. Lots of muscle not a blob like you may be thinking. Last 2 weeks lost 6 inches off my body as well as dropping 1.7% body fat. Biceps flexed are 16.5". I can't remember the rest of the specs, will get to that later.

Looking to get around the 250 lb. mark. Currently eating lots of spinach, tuna, eggs, protein powder, bananas, apples almonds. My concern here is having too many carbs.

Daily intake:
    Calories - 1700-2000
    Carbs - 100 and under
    Protein - 100+

Really enjoy fruit and veggies, but my main concern is the amount of carbs that they hold. How big a deal is this and what advice do you guys have?

I appreciate all the serious responses.

mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mhovanes21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ShaneWall27 View Post
    Alright here's the deal. Just started to get real serious with eating, working out, losing fat, and gaining muscle. Ive been going to the gym regularly in the last 6 weeks and have changed my eating around 100%. Im 5'9 304 lbs. Lots of muscle not a blob like you may be thinking. Last 2 weeks lost 6 inches off my body as well as dropping 1.7% body fat. Biceps flexed are 16.5". I can't remember the rest of the specs, will get to that later.

Looking to get around the 250 lb. mark. Currently eating lots of spinach, tuna, eggs, protein powder, bananas, apples almonds. My concern here is having too many carbs.

Daily intake:
    Calories - 1700-2000
    Carbs - 100 and under
    Protein - 100+

Really enjoy fruit and veggies, but my main concern is the amount of carbs that they hold. How big a deal is this and what advice do you guys have?

First suggestion, as others will surely suggest, is to read the stickied threads on the Nutrition forum...specifically the one about Calculating Calorie and Macro needs.

Second suggestion, refer to the below link for a walkthrough of the process.
    STEP-BY-STEP: How to find your caloric needs and macros for a bulk, cut, or recomp.....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141685921&p=820083221&viewfull=1#post820083221

ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ShawHartson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ShaneWall27 View Post

Daily intake:
    Calories - 1700-2000
    Carbs - 100 and under
    Protein - 100+

You do need fats in your diet. 100g roughly, that alone is 900 calories. If you are frequently going to a gym then your calorie intake can probably be at 2400 if you go at least 3 times a week. Have protein 1g per lb of bodyweight. then fill rest with carbs. Vegetables are great though! especially for satiety sake man. If you are felling too hungry though, you may not want to take protein powder and just replace it with some meat for an actual meal. I'm not entirely sure if I answered your question but if I didn't, ask it again aha.
    "Everyday you must wake up and beat your own expectations."

"Don't talk about it, be about it"

IIFYM

I rep back!