Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He is just practicing the good old axiom : You don't need to fool all the people all the time. You only need to fool them once every four years.

Hopey and Changey, 2nd edition!

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by saloman View Post
    Well said. In the coming months the GOP will have the arduous task of trying to convince people that a millionaire son of a millionaire is more "in-touch" with the 99% than Obama who is often ignored for having actually worked his way from middle class to President.

If the GOP puts forward Newt, then the task is equally hard trying to convince America he has family values and this lobbyist and ex speaker is a Washington outsider and reformer.

Best of luck
    I hope they have no luck and it's another train wreck.

Obama talks about social issues and people having jobs manufacturing things because he probably met many people who actually lost jobs and didn't just hear about it at the yacht club. He's around my age and I can remember when most people worked in factories of all sort, so it's not just some story to people like me. My age group and older is the biggest voting population and I don't know how the message can be ignored.

Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tekkendo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheAdlerian View Post
    I hope they have no luck and it's another train wreck.

Obama talks about social issues and people having jobs manufacturing things because he probably met many people who actually lost jobs and didn't just hear about it at the yacht club. He's around my age and I can remember when most people worked in factories of all sort, so it's not just some story to people like me. My age group and older is the biggest voting population and I don't know how the message can be ignored.
    Obama was raised by his BANKER grandma, lived a privileged childhood, went to Harvard. He has herpderped bs his whole damn life and never actually had to struggle at a REAL job.

What obama is doing now, is pimping Hopey 2.0 and Changey 2.0, which are basially repackaged Hopey 1.0 and Changey 1.0

Originally Posted by Flakker View Post
    Why is this thought line so prevalent? The founding principle of America is the freedom and value of the individual, not salvation from the collective.

America is reeling under a corrupt tax system, institutionalized corporatism, and diminishing personal freedom and your solution is for our "leaders" to come up with an answer? They can't, they're the problem.

Every time we ask them to fix things (be it jobs, healthcare, racism, etc) in pursuit of our utopia, we abdicate just a little more power, just a little more responsibility. And they squander our good intentions in corruption, and fail at their mission, but we keep asking them for help. Why? When did Americans become so cowardly?
    ^^this!!

Originally Posted by War Machine View Post
    I'm going to skip everything else and just reply to this one statement, then I am done.

You ignoramus. Just so you know, I was raised middle class. I was married at 19 and delivered pizza for 10 years to support a wife and daughter. I finally was able to get on a factory in town and busted my ass from a temporary to being a line lead. Later, I was divorced and lost everything. EVEYTHING. I had an empty apartment, a blanket on the floor, and a box of Hot Pockets for every day of the week. I busted my ass at that factory getting every hour I could working 60-70 hours a week just to re-establish myself. That factory closed a few years later because of the economy. Luckily I was with my new wife at that point. I went to college and the main line of support was my wife who has a good job. She did it because she WANTED to. No one forced her. She saw it in her best interest to let me rearrange some things in my life to better us later. I now have my own LLC and supply goods to a retailer. Am I rich? Hell no. I just went to Sam's Club and bought so food with credit because we are about broke atm. But you know what? I go down, and get back up. Sh*t happens and I flush it and move on.

...trying to tell me I don't empathize.....

You a fine example of the kind of men that make America great.

John Wayne would be proud.

The choices in this election really suck rock. The Republic deserves better than this bunch.

TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TheAdlerian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    Uh...actually he pretty much got to where he was because of horny white men.
    If I could, I'd give you back the time you wasted posting that.

Life is precious.

Originally Posted by Tekkendo View Post
    Obama was raised by his BANKER grandma, lived a privileged childhood, went to Harvard. He has herpderped bs his whole damn life and never actually had to struggle at a REAL job.

What obama is doing now, is pimping Hopey 2.0 and Changey 2.0, which are basially repackaged Hopey 1.0 and Changey 1.0
    That is still vastly more normal that most candidates in history.

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If I could, I'd give you back the time you wasted posting that.

Life is precious.
    go back and look how he breezed his way up through his previous two positions before president and see why.

JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JonZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just have to laugh at those calling Obama a liar. He's not even my guy and once again I find myself defending him against the idiot mob.

You people are fukin stupid. All politicians are liars. Always have been, always will be.

Curious George played the entire country for fools, LYING every day, and people waved their flags and bought his bull****.

How much money did we spend in Iraq? Conservatives werent so concerned with spending when their Republican president was beating the war drums based on lies were they?

BTW, now that our troops are home, how about having them patrol the border.
    Last edited by JonZ; 01-25-2012 at 08:32 PM.
    " The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog"
    - Mark Twain

MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000) MistaO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do you know about the Federal Reserve?

If not, find out here:

endthefederalreserve.blogspot.com

RON PAUL 2012

jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jafomofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MistaO View Post
    did he have a minor stroke or something?

also, where is my 1 to 1 gold to dow. it was supposed to be here by now.
    "I'm not like most girls." -most girls

Originally Posted by flairon View Post
    go back and look how he breezed his way up through his previous two positions before president and see why.
    CIA?

I don't really care.

Obama isn't some blue blood rich anglo and that means he's more like me than almost any other candidate. At best his grandparents were middle to upper middle class and his mom and dad didn't seem especially connected, so he's normal and that's why he addresses concerns like a normal intelligent person.

It's really unheard of and everyone remotely like him should be supportive. Its like you got elected instead of some British overload disguised as an American.

hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10) hausdorff is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tamorlane View Post
    Yes, it's not the corporations that bribe and lobby politicians, it's the politicians! There comes a point when the problem is systematic, or you can just keep believing the world is how it is based on your news networks.
    Indeed the problem is systematic, but it is a naive thing to suggest that this is the only issue. It implies that an individual competing for a position of power has no control over their behavior. In other words, it's not their fault they accepted the bribe, favor, or whatever you can conceive of that greatly benefits them.

The system is not a problem, the problem is the integrity of individuals. Individuals comprise the system.

An interesting social experiment is to listen to how people reference the government. It's an experiment you can do just by listening to conversations, reading or hearing opinions. People speak of the government as if it's a single entity with a single mind. It's not. For argument's sake, I'm going to use different examples, none of which I necessary believe are true. For instance, it's not "the" government intruding on your privacy. It's not "the" government that _____insert arbitrary grievance here____.

People make up the government. When you vote for someone, and they create a new agency, organization, or any sort of arbitrary bureaucratic structure, that is YOUR creation. Not only is it your creation, but this "entity", like "the" government, is *not* a single mind. It consists of ordinary people; and what do we know about a good portion of individuals? They are susceptible to corruption. You need to screen for integrity, period.

Left, right, Democrat, Republican... Does it really matter? When you trust "the" government to do something or even *not* to do something, you are not trusting a single entity! You are not just trusting a politician, or even hundreds of politicians. You are trusting many, many more strangers! You are trusting the ordinary, maybe not-so-intelligent or morally inclined individuals who comprise the various components of the government we have.

Does anyone understand what I am trying to point out here? Integrity lacks all over the political spectrum, which includes even the middle. When you ask someone why they want to be in a particular position of power, you better interview them like they are applying for a very, very important and specific job. If they give you some B.S. speech or political rhetoric, no matter how inspiring, you better be able to verify it. It better be more than a few hours of debate. It better be more than what you are reading in a newspaper or seeing on TV. Why does this individual want to run for office? What's in it for him or her? Do I think he or she deserves a vote simply because they take the same stance on hot-button issues that I do? Or do I think they deserve a vote because they have a lot of integrity, which means no matter their political position, I know they will represent the majority without intruding on the rights of the minority.

It's time we try our damn hardest to recognize breaches of integrity, otherwise ANY system will be broken, or fundamentally flawed.

zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zenzone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
    I just have to laugh at those calling Obama a liar. He's not even my guy and once again I find myself defending him against the idiot mob.

You people are fukin stupid. All politicians are liars. Always have been, always will be.

How much money did we spend in Iraq? Conservatives werent so concerned with spending when their Republican president was beating the war drums based on lies were they?

Actually Bush's over-spending is one of the reasons the conservative base is fractured.

Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rocky-Balboa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jimbone21 View Post
    I'm just going to leave this right here...

Originally Posted by JonZ View Post

Curious George played the entire country for fools, LYING every day, and people waved their flags and bought his bull****.

Well then, may be you need to listen carefully to Obama lying to Obama himself.

This one takes the Oscar. A must watch. Obama attacking Obama!!

AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlexeiLB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nagalfar View Post
    People being sucked into even more lies.. yeah, Obama the "Savior"... so how it been working for you you so far?
    well I finally got a doctor visit in a while, my father receives health benefits from his job so I automatically get it as well until 26 years of age. Its pretty nice actually gives me another 3 years to get on my feet.
    Sometimes you have to struggle to make yourself better.
    ()Balding Crew()

flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flairon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    CIA?

I don't really care.

Obama isn't some blue blood rich anglo and that means he's more like me than almost any other candidate. At best his grandparents were middle to upper middle class and his mom and dad didn't seem especially connected, so he's normal and that's why he addresses concerns like a normal intelligent person.

It's really unheard of and everyone remotely like him should be supportive. Its like you got elected instead of some British overload disguised as an American.
    No, he got there because of horny white men.

1 of his last competitors for a position was Ryan. He bailed out about half way through the race when his wife came forward with a scandal about how he forced her to go to sex clubs in Europe. Obama's competitor for the position before that pulled out midway because his wife launched a divorce suit over infidelity. O walked through elections for both positions practically unopposed.