Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) UsefulTips has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @racketteer Im currently taking BCAAs so far I dont feel any tingling and they seem to be working pretty well. If you have heard anything about these let me know.

@comps I Havent felt any energy feeling drained but the stuff tastes like ****.

XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by comps View Post
    I was practicing/wrestling with a soon to be national champion. I had him in a head and arm and when I tried throwing him, it felt like I got stabbed. I was like whatever, I tried throwing him again and the pain just got unbearable lol and I realized something was wrong.
    That's what I felt when my lung collapsed when I was playing basketball. I Tried shaking it off only to realize I couldn't move my right side from the torso up lol.
    Day by day, brick by brick.
    IronMuffin

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    21/04/2012

Bench
    100x5
    130x5
    160x5
    190x5
    220x3 No new PR, controlled negatives

Squats
    Did not recover from deadlifts, couldn't handle this

Shrugs RP

Calves RP

Triceps
    100x3
    100x3
    100x4
    Controlled negatives

Pullups RP
    BW

Close Grip EZ Curls

Decided to see whether I can recover from deadlifts after one rest day. BIG NOOOOO.
    Will probably replace them with some hyper extensions next workout.

parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    @comps strong benching brah, and not recovered from deadlifts? is it mainly ur lower back and erectors?

@rack 235 power clean is srs business good sh*t brah
    500+

(UWaterloo 2018)

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by parachuter View Post
    @comps strong benching brah, and not recovered from deadlifts? is it mainly ur lower back and erectors?

Yes, very much so. Ruined my workout lol.

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by UsefulTips View Post
    @racketteer Im currently taking BCAAs so far I dont feel any tingling and they seem to be working pretty well. If you have heard anything about these let me know.

@comps I Havent felt any energy feeling drained but the stuff tastes like ****.
    regular BCAA's won't make you tingle. that's usually the beta alanine. I use BCAA's a lot though when I have them. It's one of the only supplements I actually feel a noticeable difference while taking.

Originally Posted by XxxOneMoRepxxX View Post
    That's what I felt when my lung collapsed when I was playing basketball. I Tried shaking it off only to realize I couldn't move my right side from the torso up lol.
    how does a collapsed lung even happen?
    21/04/2012

Bench
    100x5
    130x5
    160x5
    190x5
    220x3 No new PR, controlled negatives

Squats
    Did not recover from deadlifts, couldn't handle this

Shrugs RP

Calves RP

Triceps
    100x3
    100x3
    100x4
    Controlled negatives

Pullups RP
    BW

Close Grip EZ Curls

Decided to see whether I can recover from deadlifts after one rest day. BIG NOOOOO.
    Will probably replace them with some hyper extensions next workout.
    yeah, deadlifts are brutal as far as recovery is concerned. every time I go heavy with them, for a few days after, it's just like my body says " oh, I'm just gonna take a break for a bit" while I get crushed by the bar.
    Originally Posted by parachuter View Post

thanks dude.

I forgot to log a workout

powercleans
    225x1
    225x1
    205x3
    205x3
    205x3
    205x3

strict press
    135x6

push press
    185x3
    205x1
    205x1
    185x5

strict press
    135x8

pullups
    2 sets of 16

dips
    2 sets of 12

alright. adapting to this sh*t is a lot harder than I thought it would be. it seems I need to ease off for now with the loading protocol. everything was moving fine but I just felt weaker as a whole. this may be due to my diet being sh*t right now as well but who knows. doing another workout to see how it feels today.
    "on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141680751

*** MISC Strength Crew ***

I expect to see some big cleans coming from you rackatteer.

And yes, even today, I still feel the deadlifts. Body hates me. They completely and utterly ruin my squatting which is lacking in comparison to my deadlift/bench :P.

Also, maintenance is definitely getting fairly high.
    I raised my calories to 3700 calories + unaccounted calories from alcohol and I still am not positive that I'm even gaining weight. A little agitating to say the least.

It's Just the Beginning BulkingForever's Avatar
    BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkingForever is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I expect to see some big cleans coming from you rackatteer.

And yes, even today, I still feel the deadlifts. Body hates me. They completely and utterly ruin my squatting which is lacking in comparison to my deadlift/bench :P.

Also, maintenance is definitely getting fairly high.
    I raised my calories to 3700 calories + unaccounted calories from alcohol and I still am not positive that I'm even gaining weight. A little agitating to say the least.
    deadlifts definitely take a very long time to recover from. I only do them once a week usually. I couldn't imagine eating 3700 cals unless most of them came from fats lol thanks god for being a manlet and gaining weight @ 3100 cals/day :d

also this might be a very dumb question, but are you counting calories right/ measuring food out accurately?
    You want to beat me, don't miss a meal, because I won't. Don't quit on a set because I'll always be one set ahead of you. Don't walk out of my gym without leaving your guts spilled on the floor because you can bet your ass, I won't.
    Hardcore brother. COME ON!!!

Follow my log 2/2012-1/2014:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142743611
    I'm gonna show YOU how great I am

*Race To BW OHPx3 Crew*

Repping back 1k+ 100%

Originally Posted by BulkingForever View Post
    deadlifts definitely take a very long time to recover from. I only do them once a week usually. I couldn't imagine eating 3700 cals unless most of them came from fats lol thanks god for being a manlet and gaining weight @ 3100 cals/day :d

also this might be a very dumb question, but are you counting calories right/ measuring food out accurately?
    For dinner I mixed 900 calories worth of almonds with 350 calories of nutella. Yes, definitely need that fat. I am count correctly, I always use a scale.

Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Teenwolf2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For dinner I mixed 900 calories worth of almonds with 350 calories of nutella. Yes, definitely need that fat. I am count correctly, I always use a scale.
    Hell yeah nice dinner, I love my nuts and trail mix for the massive amount of Cals. Bad luck about the deadlift recovery, your squats are still strong regardless.

@racketeer Great power cleans, I have trouble extending properly in a coordinated manner, which I can't seem to remedy. Do you have any vids?

Doing work in here guys, great progress since page 1
    I'm aware I'm a wolf

Check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136392741

racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000) racketteer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Teenwolf2 View Post
    Hell yeah nice dinner, I love my nuts and trail mix for the massive amount of Cals. Bad luck about the deadlift recovery, your squats are still strong regardless.

@racketeer Great power cleans, I have trouble extending properly in a coordinated manner, which I can't seem to remedy. Do you have any vids?

think of it in three parts

1 pull from the floor with shoulders behind bar. this should be relatively slow and very controlled while you are getting ready to accelerate.

2 as soon as you clear your knees start accelerating bar speed to max

3 once you are fully extended explode up into a shrug/jump

this vid is from about a year ago or something. my form isn't that great here (shoulders in front, not pulling anywhere near top speed) but you can still see the extensions and elbow movement.

"on the bech press i usually start off with 205 doing it 5 times then once i ad my usual extra 5 pounds on i can barely do it twice. How can i increase my chest cardio? so i can rep heavy weight easier" -dc1992hp

come by and check out my log. I'm racing to a 275x5 bench and 185x3 strict press with comps.

Originally Posted by Teenwolf2 View Post

I love nuts, but my bro has an allergy. So I only eat nuts at my buddy's house.
    I had to go to the first page to see my previous lifts, and damn, you're right. Did not think they changed that much in that amount of time rofl. :P

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Learning to accurately listen to your body = excellent skill. Sometimes it's pretty damn hard to distinguish when you're simply hurting your progress or when you need to tuck your nuts and man up. I'm sure I've wasted countless weeks giving it too much.

Good work brehskeh. What's your all-time best dl, rack?
    Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkbrawla666/videos

XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XxxOneMoRepxxX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by racketteer View Post
    how does a collapsed even happen?
    I had a weak spot called a bleb or something. Basically an air pocket in your lung. So when I jumped for a rebound I squeezed the air pocket and my lung popped or collapsed.
    IronMuffin

Originally Posted by XxxOneMoRepxxX View Post
    I had a weak spot called a bleb or something. Basically an air pocket in your lung. So when I jumped for a rebound I squeezed the air pocket and my lung popped or collapsed.
    Sounds horrible. Was the pain constant afterwards, or did it come when you took breaths?

Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Damn, this log is sick. I'm following you guys to the end. Recovered from a shoulder seperation which set my bench back almost 50 Ibs from 185x5. 4 months of rehab and no I'm finally back to 180x5.

My other lifts don't even compare to my Deadlifts. I don't know why but my DL is so much better than my squat and Bench although my squat is starting to go up like crazy now.
    Bench- 180x5
    Squat- 185x5
    DL- 345x5 (lolwut)
    The day I hit two plated on Bench and squats will be the happiest day of my teenage life.
    ........In for this.
    DOueven wut m8?
    S1 Crew

Originally Posted by Apollonius View Post
    Damn, this log is sick. I'm following you guys to the end. Recovered from a shoulder seperation which set my bench back almost 50 Ibs from 185x5. 4 months of rehab and no I'm finally back to 180x5.

My other lifts don't even compare to my Deadlifts. I don't know why but my DL is so much better than my squat and Bench although my squat is starting to go up like crazy now.
    Bench- 180x5
    Squat- 185x5
    DL- 345x5 (lolwut)
    The day I hit two plated on Bench and squats will be the happiest day of my teenage life.
    ........In for this.
    Glad our progression interested you.
    It is great that your shoulder is better and you're finally back at your original weight.
    How often do you squat?
    You probably have them long arms like me. They definitely aid in deadlifts since you can keep your hips higher.

Working tomorrow, most likely making it a rest day since it is supposed to be one anyway.
    Still waiting on my last two exam marks.
    I am literally one of the most easy going people you'd meet, but right now....
    Saying I'm stressed, is an understatement.
    Also, I have no idea what to do with myself right now.
    I want a fulltime job, or I want to take summer classes, so bored.
    Feels weird being out. Am I ****ed or something?

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    F*ck more classes, make the munnehs!

Enjoy your rest day then plug it the next day. Hope your exam marks come back aced <3

Post number 70 up in this mawfukka!

Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50) Apollonius will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad our progression interested you.
    It is great that your shoulder is better and you're finally back at your original weight.
    How often do you squat?
    You probably have them long arms like me. They definitely aid in deadlifts since you can keep your hips higher.

Working tomorrow, most likely making it a rest day since it is supposed to be one anyway.
    Still waiting on my last two exam marks.
    I am literally one of the most easy going people you'd meet, but right now....
    Saying I'm stressed, is an understatement.
    Also, I have no idea what to do with myself right now.
    I want a fulltime job, or I want to take summer classes, so bored.
    Feels weird being out. Am I ****ed or something?
    Yup, I have those long ass arms. The peak on them are huge but I'd like toa dd some overall mass to them soon but first I'm focusing on getting some mad strength in.
    Only started squatting about three weeks ago because my patella (Knee Caps) are actually slightly bent and they don't bend straight so I had to get that checked out with my doctor.
    All is good for them however, and I don't feel pain during the squat so I think I'm in the clear.
    My DL went up 30Ibs in a week and I'm just thinking, "damn I wish that was my squat".

That ain't phucked up man. I've felt like that before. What are your priorities? I can't really say because I'm not out of Highschool yet.
    DOueven wut m8?
    S1 Crew

My priorities are school and gym. Gym has taken school's spot quiet a few times. Skipping courses to get a workout in.

However, right now, if I pass my two classes, I have all of summer to myself. Brb, I already have one job, hopefully going to have two lmao.

My squat is progressing, the only thing slowing it down is deadlifts. ****ing 280x5 was easy.

Almost 190lbs, will be posting once I hit that der #.

kinda zooted but here was todays workout. I think I'm going to scrap the Idea of bulgarian style strength work until I have restoratives on hand.

upper body

close grip bench
    275x3
    295x1
    245x5 (2 second pauses)
    245x5 (2 second pauses)

power snatches ( form still has to be cleaned up a bit but I'm working with my Oly lifter friend)
    lots of reps at nothing weights
    115x3 for a few sets
    135x1 for 3 sets

row pullups
    3 sets of 10

seated barbell press
    135x9

DB shoulder press
    70's x6
    60's x9

pendlay rows
    205 for 2 sets of 10

a drop set of shoulder presses

restoratives?
    And bulgarian style can be deadly, are you not recovering quick enough?

restoratives?
    And bulgarian style can be deadly, are you not recovering quick enough?
    muscular recovery is fine but my mental state has been horrible since finishing the second workout. back to the higher volume less intense 1-2x a week approach until I can get some GH

Jhutchy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jhutchy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jhutchy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jhutchy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jhutchy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jhutchy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was practicing/wrestling with a soon to be national champion. I had him in a head and arm and when I tried throwing him, it felt like I got stabbed. I was like whatever, I tried throwing him again and the pain just got unbearable lol and I realized something was wrong.
    Ahh serious, that sounds pretty nasty, my pain would have been nothing like that just discomfort.

how long did it take to recover?

Sounds horrible. Was the pain constant afterwards, or did it come when you took breaths?
    Constant. Surgery was worse. And sneezing.....oh lord the pain was unbearable.
    IronMuffin

Originally Posted by Jhutchy View Post
    Ahh serious, that sounds pretty nasty, my pain would have been nothing like that just discomfort.

how long did it take to recover?
    Approximately two months.

Strong effun close grip, rack-o.

24/04/2012

Bench Press
    100x5
    130x5
    160x5
    190x5
    220x4 + 1 assisted PR

Squats
    145x5
    180x5
    215x5
    250x5
    285x3 PR, used a belt, light as FU.

Strict Pendlay Rows
    135x5
    185x5
    205x5 PR

Close Grip EZ Curls RP

Tricep Pushdowns RP
    70 - too light

Rear Delt Flies
    30x8
    30x8
    30x8

Decline weighted situps RP

Calf Raises RP

Moving up to 225 next workout. I stopped bouncing in my benching which is one reason progression is slower.
    Back still was too sore for squats, however, with a belt the pain was decreased enough so that I had no problems with 285x3. Could have hit 285x5 already, but I'll take it slower to ensure progress.

AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AlphaSaiyan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good workout man, nice job on the PRs.

parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000) parachuter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    strong benching both of u guys lol
    500+

(UWaterloo 2018)