Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000) buckeye185 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xpin2winx2 View Post
    if one trains for a certain task and competes against another in competition doesnt that make it a sport. You can say that about any sport. Like running for example.
    then anything you can compete in would be a sport. american idol or any other singing competition = sport, chess = sport, competitive eating, cup stacking, seeing how long you can hold your breath, even a spelling bee. they are all competitions you train for

mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50) mikill will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tl;dr

You can put in 24/7 effort in for any sport that doesnt require it, but is it really worth it?... above average effort from mainstream sports players gets them paid millions, why make life so uncomfortable when ur already the highest paid?
    bodybuilders compete for scraps when you consider the risk involved, they have to take everything to the highest degree possible.

mainstream sports pro level
    mediocre input = mega output
    mega input = super huge mega over 9000 inthisreallife output

bodybuilding pro level
    average input = almost nothing output
    mega input = mediocre output

see what i mean?... whats the point of more input for mainstream sports players?

IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IAmBatman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by mikill View Post
    tl;dr

You can put in 24/7 effort in for any sport that doesnt require it, but is it really worth it?... above average effort from mainstream sports players gets them paid millions, why make life so uncomfortable when ur already the highest paid?
    bodybuilders compete for scraps when you consider the risk involved, they have to take everything to the highest degree possible.

mainstream sports pro level
    mediocre input = mega output
    mega input = super huge mega over 9000 inthisreallife output

bodybuilding pro level
    average input = almost nothing output
    mega input = mediocre output

see what i mean?... whats the point of more input for mainstream sports players?
    Is this real life? what a load of logic fail.

Do you realize that other athletes spend lots of time in weight room and cardio rooms as well, except they spend so much more time in film sessions, practices, running drills, memorizing playbooks, constantly traveling. Mediocre input = mega output? do you realize how difficult it is to be a professional athlete? there millions of people competing with you to be in the NHL, NBA, NFL. You don't just get in because you put a little effort in, and there's certainly no job security once you're there.

justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dabears8273 View Post
    Great point, I guess it's really hard to compare any sport with professional bodybuilding. I can't imagine the rigors of MMA or boxing as a profession.
    Most people can't imagine the rigors of bodybuilding as even a hobby... lol

ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChuteBoxeFC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Terminator84 View Post
    LOL @ anyone says MMA and boxing are harder than bbing
    I'm sure you'd know, huh big guy?

I can't imagine anything more mentally taxing than the anxiety of having to get into a cage/ring on your own and fight another human being in front of a nationally televised audience. On your own, you don't have any teammates coming in to help you. The fear of serious injury and embarrassment. Bodybuilders do get up on stage but they are wearing thongs already so there really isn't a whole lot of room for embarrassment.

I do acknowledge the dieting factors in bodybuilding being tough to endure and follow, but comparing it with MMA, I don't think you really can.

I'd imagine though any sport could seem tough or easy compared to other people. You aren't going to do something you won't enjoy. If you enjoy what you are doing then the unpleasantries that come with it are easier to deal with I suppose. Most MMA fighters still have to diet and cut weight, maybe not to dangerously low percentages for long durations but it's still part of the gig.

xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xSwiftx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Terminator84 View Post
    LOL @ anyone says MMA and boxing are harder than bbing
    Not a pro boxer by any means, but a fairly good amateur record.

My training in the gym for bodybuilding pales tremendously compared to the 2-3 hours, 4 times a week of training/sparring for boxing, not to mention the runs I get in each morning to keep my cardiovascular system top notch.

Not a pro body builder either, obviously, but Still from my own personal experience (And this is a passion for me), there's no contest between the two, physically or mentally.
    Big natty nutsac

instagram: xswiftx
    ********: www.********.com/swift.fitnessx
    Youtube: www.youtube.com/theironlionfitness

48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000) 48Volts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So injecting a few drugs and lifting weights for an hour requires the same amount of effort as training cardio, boxing, wrestling, jits for several hours a day while still having to make weight and dieting right? Give me a break. I'm not trying to say bb takes no effort, of course you have to have perfect diet, timing for your insulin shots, the right drug combo, etc., but it certainly does not take more effort than mma--or any other professional sport for the matter. In fact, bodybuilders probably train the least out of all athletes. Only a handful of bbers spend more than 1.5 hours in the gym. Professional athletes in other sports train 6 hours a day.

No hate. I'm a bber myself. Just my 2 cents.
    Team GH15

AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AWhislyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So bodybuilders have to train and stay vigilant every single day of their competition life, I'm pretty sure boxers and mma fighters can't train every single day for their entire career those sports are so intense and training so hard its literally impossible to do so
    "Sorry I didn't make it to the beauty pageant"

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AWhislyle View Post
    So bodybuilders have to train and stay vigilant every single day of their competition life
    Stay vigilant of their sea-bass supplies running out? Dude this isn't a war they go to it's just a gym.
    People these days have more reps than brain cells

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Bodybuilding and other sports training are so dissimilar that you can't fairly compare them on even grounds. It's too subject to personal viewpoints and favoritism. There are valid sides to both, and an argument you cannot win logically.
    Time To Re-Schedule

BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50) BJJPurpleBelt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No offense to bodybuilding as a sport because I follow it relatively closely and enjoy it, but it's not the most rigorous sport in the world. Not even close. Remember, most pros in the offseason don't watch their diets very closely, train a couple of hours per day and then sleep a ton and play XBOX. Flex Wheeler used to brag that he slept like 12 hours a day because he just didn't have to get up. Other than a few hours of training, he didn't have anything to do! Ronnie Coleman was multi-time Mr. Olympia while still working a full-time job as a police officer for God's sake. The truly rigorous part of bodybuilding only lasts about 12-16 weeks for the elite of the elite (those that can focus only on the Olympia.) Honestly, if today's bodybuilders didn't have to push the limits of drug use, it'd actually be a very leisurely sport. Remember how Arnold and his crew had so much fun?

If I had to pick the most rigorous, I would say either cross-country skiing, cycling or wrestling.

28renton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hear ballet is pretty brutal...no joke.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Considering you only need **** cardio for bodybuilding and ONLY enough talent to use good form sorta this thread is a ****ing joke.

dieting is tough, but its mentally tough... any other sports that require sustained speed are way harder
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^
    lol'd @ sports are harder than bodybuilding

Bodybuilding is not a sport.
    You can't compare a sport to a lifestyle.

There's nothing in physical activities that can compare to how much bodybuilding requires.
    The passion, the drive, the motivation, the stress you put on your body, the mental stress you put on it by competing with yourself, the food you have to eat, the discipline.
    Don't dare comparing bodybuilding to a mere ''sport''.

wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000) wanaBsedated is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RoroCwalker View Post
    ^
    lol'd @ sports are harder than bodybuilding

Bodybuilding is not a sport.
    You can't compare a sport to a lifestyle.

There's nothing in physical activities that can compare to how much bodybuilding requires.
    The passion, the drive, the motivation, the stress you put on your body, the mental stress you put on it by competing with yourself, the food you have to eat, the discipline.
    Don't dare comparing bodybuilding to a mere ''sport''.
    Stupidest thing I have ever read in my existence. LOL my ass off at you homos thinking BBing is harder than any olympic level sport (which ALSO requires dieting)... and their insane schedules. 99% of bodybuilders can't even run a few miles at a non-laughable pace. GTFO at dieting being harder than triathlons... LOL **** you
    Mirin'triceps peak? Thanks westside barbell.

Gettin'older, studying MMA in Brazil gonna fight soon, on my own crew.

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BJJPurpleBelt View Post
    Flex Wheeler used to brag that he slept like 12 hours a day because he just didn't have to get up. Other than a few hours of training, he didn't have anything to do!

ehhh that's half right. he had to eat as well

"He talked about Shawn Ray for a little bit as well. He said because Shawn was a friend of his, he felt like he was able to tell people that "Yeah, Shawn can be an *******" and that Shawn is the way he is because he was born into money and always had it and has always been cocky.

Oh yeah, get this, Flex claims that he sleeps *16* HOURS A DAY! And what does he do during the 8 hours that he's actually awake? Well, not only does he train (6 on, 1 off), but he eats *7* TIMES A DAY! "When I'm not training or sleeping, I'm eating. Yeah, I admit it, I'm a bum!"

"What do you do on your day off?" -> "I like to drive my car around."
    "What do you do for fun?" -> "I don't have fun. I don't have time for it."
    [Side note, though no one asked it, I'm sure he doesn't eat those 7 meals during the 8 hours he's awake. He *must* wake up periodically to eat - and then go back to sleep.]"
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wanaBsedated View Post
    Stupidest thing I have ever read in my existence. LOL my ass off at you homos thinking BBing is harder than any olympic level sport (which ALSO requires dieting)... and their insane schedules. 99% of bodybuilders can't even run a few miles at a non-laughable pace. GTFO at dieting being harder than triathlons... LOL **** you
    lol bodybuilding isn't supposed to be about who can be the most athletic tard. it's completely different. i bet 99% of olympic sport players would look like crap if they competed on stage see how dumb that statement sounds?
    Full Blown Baby
    Kevin Levrone 100 lbs in my face

Medical Student - Class of 2021 ! :)

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First of all, don't come spouting sht like that on me when you're not even knowledgable about BBing.
    Olympic sports? Sure, I respect their efforts but are you really comparing people who only train to get stronger? What's hard? Training explosively with rage and a high carb loaded diet?

Bodybuilders not only need to train explosively but also in a controlled manner with negatives for example.
    We need to visualize their body and train appropriately in order to maintain symmetry and remain injury free.
    The diet is so strict that sometimes you feel like puking, all that to achieve given goals.
    Bodybuilding is a 24 hours sport, everything you do counts, every single thing. From training to eating to sleeping to not doing too much/ not enough cardio. It becomes a lifestyle and takes over your social life.
    Oh, please try to get down to 4% body fat, remove all your body hair and having limited water resources for a contest in which you compete against yourself and not other people's ''PR''.
    Oh and did I forget to tell you that Bodybuilding is subjective and Olympics is objective?
    At least you tried.

MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAX.MAREK is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    nothing compares to bbing.
    NPC BODYBUILDER / ISSA Certified Personal Trainer/Nutrition Specialist
    Coached by IFBB PRO Fouad 'HOSS' Abiad | ABIAD'S ARMY

Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Groggery is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There has to be a penalty for retarded thread bumping...

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ok old bump but i'll give my two cents which everyone in this thread seems to neglect

the fact is, that bodybuilding starts already at a LOW level... you can be training for yourself/low tier shows and the sacrifice/financial/mental and physical effort will outweigh any given sport at a starter level... there are people here that just diet, don't drink, don't party and are consistent, i know soccer players who get payed thousands a month and they just do the group training's and games... brb partying 3 nights a week, maybe a half assed diet at best...

ofcours at HIGH level sports the level of sacrifice is also very high... not arguing with that, but don't fail to understand the argument above

gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i thought you had to be athletic to play a sports? athletes play sports...i cringe when i hear people refer to PRO bodybuilders as athletes. there is nothing athletic about being a pro bodybuilder.

as a matter of fact the day of the shows ( their competitions ) there probably isnt one athletic task they could even complete without dying. so how is that sport?

Originally Posted by gamebred26 View Post
    i thought you had to be athletic to play a sports? athletes play sports...i cringe when i hear people refer to PRO bodybuilders as athletes. there is nothing athletic about being a pro bodybuilder.

as a matter of fact the day of the shows ( their competitions ) there probably isnt one athletic task they could even complete without dying. so how is that sport?
    Kai's routines are acrobatics hahaha

gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gamebred26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    phil was an athlete...bet he cant ball in the offseason worth a **** with that body lol.

SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) SpanishLEGS will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking C'mon...

A professional route cyclist goes through a lot of pain and effort during 21 days doing a competition like "Tour D'France" nothing remotely comparable to 12 weeks of dieting for a bb competition (Im not saying the latter is not hard)... Before a great competition they prepare for like 4 months before and after a big competition they keep competing for 1-2-3 months more trying to get some profit from their good preparation. After that they rest for 2 months (if not less) and then they begin again prepping for another competition...

C'mon guys, bodybuilding is 24h 365days but once you start to methodically diet and train everything gets easier except last weeks before competition and yes, cyclist rest for 2 months without even ride a bike but I dont know any pro bodybuilder that not gets cheat meals and skip some training sesions (regardless of what tom prince says...). There's a compromise between levrone (6 months off) and tom prince...
    I know PERSONALLY a spanish PRO bodybuilder that literally says that bodybuilding once becomes a proffesional job (he does not only gets its income from bodybuilding but their other job is fitness related too (he had more physical demanding jobs before) is quite confortable except for the last month before competition. Actually, he says bodybuilding is 80% of the time (off-season) a job for lazy people just having to worry about training, eat on time and trying to do the less work you can (REST)...
    "Everything begins when you just believe that you're the bigger, the best..."

^
    Nothing gets easier, you just get stronger.
    *Heroic music*

NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NewDude92 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Dude you've had too much internet today. Stop acting like a child

InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InspecktaDeck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can speak about powerlifting, which I take pretty seriously(or religiously). Im about 5 months into training and im always in some kind of pain during the week.
    My Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149612633

Crew Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157295413&p=1141543273#post1141543273

Da Utubez: http://www.youtube.com/user/Inspeckdadeck

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well, bodybuilders that used to be fairly elite at other sports always say that the hardest thing they have ever done is bodybuilding (Phil Heath for example).

Oh, and your two points that you made in your post contradict each other.

1) Olympic level sports are harder than bodybuilding

2) Bodybuilding is not hard because bodybuilders can't run 3 miles

The super-heavyweight weight lifters at the Olympics probably can't even run 100m, let alone a few miles.

Lawyered
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

Originally Posted by DavisForman View Post
    Lawyered
    Inb4 "that's not what i meant", straw man arguments or side stepping the subject.