Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Lemme tell ya sumthin.... palumboism's Avatar
    palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mebby View Post
    Cricket, least toughest? Someone clearly never played for their country. Brb batting and bowling for 4-6 hours straight, with only 1/2 breaks between and concentration and speed has to be at the top, or water boy errrrrrrrrrrr time.

]
    BRB being a fat fukk drongo yet still a world-class elite athlete LMAO.

Originally Posted by Groggery View Post
    skill that takes long hours to perfect.
    Millions of ppl do that everyday who simply go to work. It may take skill but laborers do more physical work.
    I am the parasite, you are host. Deal with it.

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Brofessional View Post
    Go ahead and educate me since I'm 'so ignorant' as your comment says in my CP.
    I am not going to call you ignorant, but there is a clear difference between a guy like you speak of and someone that doesn't have horse poo genetics.

You see, there are literally guys that can take a few bike rides a week on the T track, one bike ride a week on the D track and a few short bike rides on the A track every day and look like they are riding the bike all day at very high speeds.

I ASSURE you some of them are just genetic anomalies that don't do as much bike riding as you assume. Drug addicts? Come on man.

SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000) SupaaJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RoroCwalker View Post
    Alright..but isn't there some dizziness after flexing on stage? (naturals)
    I mean...if I'd like to get out on stage dry as fk in a natural competition, to a level that most competitors can't reach, is there any chance of it happening?
    Not to mention, natural top level guys get easily as lean as IFBB guys. IF not leaner. Ever see the Yorton Cup guys? Dry. Shredded. Assistance or not, when you are that lean, cramps and ill things can happen.

Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    I am not going to call you ignorant, but there is a clear difference between a guy like you speak of and someone that doesn't have horse poo genetics.

You see, there are literally guys that can take a few bike rides a week on the T track, one bike ride a week on the D track and a few short bike rides on the A track every day and look like they are riding the bike all day at very high speeds.

I ASSURE you some of them are just genetic anomalies that don't do as much bike riding as you assume. Drug addicts? Come on man.
    Look, the true pro level people in this world will explode even off the most basic cycle. That's the whole drug response thing. However, at the top of the food chain these guys are all taking similar amounts and have been since the 60s. Various generations have openly spoke about this...from Ric Drasin talking about the drug usage in the 70s, to Ronnie and Yates talking about the 90s. There is a response to AAS that separates the pros from the rest of the world, but that gap narrows at the top among the elite. You're not going to find someone Kai's size on anything less than 4-5 grams of AAS + slin/gh no matter how great their genes are.

As far as being a drug addict goes....99% of pros and top amateurs will do pretty much anything for AAS money. Schmoes/g4p exists for a reason. They need their dose and will do crazy things to get it sometimes if they don't have a consistent sponsor. On top of that, narcotics and other pharmaceutical drugs are big at the high levels of BB'ing. Try sleeping on 1.5-2 grams of tren ace with all the other stims in your system and tell me how that works out for ya. Odds are you're going to need some ******, ***** or GHB. Amphetamine use is common as well...guys talk about dragging ass and feeling like death in the last few weeks of contest prep, so how does one go about getting a 'bump'? More drugs.

Control BP? Lisinopril and blood thinners.
    Pain? Opiates
    Tren/EQ mental sides? benzos

Are they on all of the above at once? Some are, not all. But don't think for a second that the same guys willing to do double digit amount of injections per week to pose on stage aren't willing to take some s hit to ease the sides of the intense doses they're on...that's ignorant.

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think if you peak right you'd be fine. The 3dmj guys are good at timing hydration and proper carb loading for a natty. Haven't heard any of those types of complaints out of their camp. Plus being 'dry' as a natty is basically just being shredded and in shape 2 weeks out and ready to go and peaking right without spilling over.

...and it's mostly individual from there. I felt fine at that low of bf, but a friend of mine that competed in the IFPA Muscle Mayhem show said he felt like death on stage and just wanted water...he didn't care if he won or lost at that point. It just depends how you feel below your bf set point.
    I appreciate the answer, thanks.

I stopped reading at 2 g's tren.
    Death. Wish.

Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000) Brofessional is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SupaaJ View Post
    I stopped reading at 2 g's tren.
    Death. Wish.
    lol there's guys on this board doing 1.5 and they don't even compete.

edit:

In fact this guy is:

Also a great example of how subtle good SEO use can be (bicep and triceps). He openly talks about his protocols on another board and he aspires to go pro one day (he's 20 now)

Here he is next to Antoine

So why would 500 more than that be farfetched for the top of the food chain?
    Last edited by Brofessional; 12-11-2012 at 01:07 AM.

MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ I dont know enough about that side of bodybuilding to contribute but do guys at that level seriously use seo?
    Too many guys just taking whatever to get to be a pro these days IMO.
    Dont know about you guys but unless I responded really well to that kind of supplementation i wouldnt even bother.
    I Discovered A Meal Between Breakfast And Brunch

Originally Posted by MaKaiser View Post
    ^ I dont know enough about that side of bodybuilding to contribute but do guys at that level seriously use seo?
    Dont know about you guys but unless I responded really well to that kind of supplementation i wouldnt even bother.
    Yep, he did a specific SEO protocol that was originally posted on the net by an IFBB pro.

In his own words: "I'm convinced all pros use it in moderate doses"

Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Luwbz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dabears8273 View Post
    What sports out there compare with the hard work, dedication and at times misery that being a professional bodybuilder entails? I can't think of another sport with as disciplined of dieting or training. Perhaps boxing?? I don't know...what do you guys think?
    Motocross, legit about 7-8 things at any one time which you need to concentrate on. Off the track, spending numerous hours just doing the same corner over and over again until you get it perfect everytime. Lucky im not a pro, could not live that lifestyle.
    edit: training i can guarantee theres more dedication. Not so much about diet.

MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MaKaiser is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep, he did a specific SEO protocol that was originally posted on the net by an IFBB pro.

In his own words: "I'm convinced all pros use it in moderate doses"
    I hate how that side of bodybuilding is so reticent.

chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A muscle beauty contest is not a sport

If BB is a sport so are bikini contests, fitness contests and dog/cat shows
    Everyday is a lesson. Listen.

Originally Posted by chenko View Post
    A muscle beauty contest is not a sport

If BB is a sport so are bikini contests, fitness contests and dog/cat shows
    Is anyone on here really that fussed if its classed as a sport or not?

If you like bodybuilding, good.
    If you dont, then go watch sports.

wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfpilp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JanesLastResort View Post
    So at an amateur level competitive bodybuilding is harder than any other sport, yet it gets easy in the professional ranks?
    Its not getting easy,its just that most sports at pro level demand 100% commitment in trainning/nutrition/rest,not just bodybuilding.Add to that that many sports demand very hard and laborious trainning.

The thing with bodybuilding is that even if you bodybuild in an amateur level(if you bodybuild not just weightliftig) you get to do 80-100%of the things the pros do .You sleep,eat,train,weigh everything you eat e.t.c at 24hour basis,365 days a year.Ιn most other amateur sports(competing or not) you can be way more elastic without damaging your gains.The way i see it nutrition is so much and integral part of bodubuilding,that you just cannot be relaxed with it either you are a pro or an amateur.Add to that HEAVY trainning,living by the clock AND the fact that most people out of the pro ranks Have real jobs,combining all those things is most stresfull than what other amateurs go through.Another example of sport at amateur level that is that stressfull is some martial arts or SERIOUS mma.
    "The art of living well and the art of dying well are one."
    —Επίκουρος (Epicurus )

)))))))))Wolfpilp enjoys interacting with brahs all over the world(((((((((

chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chenko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is anyone on here really that fussed if its classed as a sport or not?

If you like bodybuilding, good.
    If you dont, then go watch sports.
    some people might be ......those that have tried to get it into olympics for example but it does not meet the olympic definition of a sport meaning it needs to be based on athleticism and physical dexterity

i like both BB and sports for various reasons but tire of people claiming BB is a sport
    Everyday is a lesson. Listen.

i like both BB and sports for various reasons but tire of people claiming BB is a sport
    I think its just people that need a way to validate bodybuilding to their peers or family.
    Personally i dont care what others think of bodybuilding.
    I like it and thats all that matters.

Registered User JanesLastResort's Avatar
    JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure why people feel this way. Bodybuilding fits the term of "sport" perfectly in every way.
    lófasz

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    some people might be ......those that have tried to get it into olympics for example but it does not meet the olympic definition of a sport meaning it needs to be based on athleticism and physical dexterity

You can say it's not a sport all you like, but what you said here is just wrong. The IFBB is a recognized sports organization by the IOC.

Not sure why people feel this way. Bodybuilding fits the term of "sport" perfectly in every way.
    This ^
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well then, why did you bring up Phelps?
    He's basically every fat people's dream, eat sht and remain lean.
    I enjoy that you completely ignored all points I made. Phelps eats according to his training. The same way a bodybuilder does. His nutrition just happens to consist of more calories and large carb consumption due to his particular event. Again, how does any of that make it not a lifestyle? It doesn't.

LeftRightHook has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone that thinks BB is tougher than MMA or boxing is out of their ****ing minds. Lifting and dieting is like taking a walk in the park compared to hard sparring.

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    I enjoy that you completely ignored all points I made. Phelps eats according to his training. The same way a bodybuilder does. His nutrition just happens to consist of more calories and large carb consumption due to his particular event. Again, how does any of that make it not a lifestyle? It doesn't.
    A lifestyle requires 24 hours a day of reflection and care about whatever that lifestyle may be.
    24 hours of dedication on one goal.
    Phelps swims 6 hours per day and eats basically whatever he wants for the rest of the day, how is that making it a lifestyle?

JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000) JanesLastResort is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Having dieted down to the low end of single digits 3 times in my "career" and having done track and field for years i can honestly say dieting on 300g of carbs a week for 35 weeks doesn't even come CLOSE to waking up at 4:30 in the morning and doing 400m/100m sprints 10 minutes after getting up in the cold (warm weather is even worse).

It depends on the individual, and that is obvious. However, other more traditional sports get even harder at a professional level as the competition demands a much higher level of skill and preperation. Brb running the 100m dash under 10 secs. Insane sacrifices are made to get there even for talented athletes.

/inbiased opinion from a junior competitor
    Last edited by JanesLastResort; 12-11-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    lófasz

Having dieted down to the low end of single digits 3 times in my "career" and having done track and field for years i can honestly say dieting on 300g of carbs a week for 35 weeks doesn't even come CLOSE to waking up at 4:30 in the morning and doing 400m/100m sprints 10 minutes after getting up in the cold (warm weather is even worse).

It depends on the individual, and that is obvious. However, other more traditional sports get even harder at a professional level as the competition demands a much higher level of skill and preperation.

/inbiased opinion from a junior competitor
    holy sht 42g carbs per day.
    How come 35 weeks? Isn't that way too long even for a natural competitor?

holy sht 42g carbs per day.
    How come 35 weeks? Isn't that way too long even for a natural competitor?
    It is, but not if you have 60-66lbs to lose. And that's why you don't go full retard in the off-season lol.

But yeah, i had 150g of carbs 2x a week for refeed. Most of the week was spent on 0 carbs literally.
    lófasz

TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TTimmerman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    not quite clear to me which sport you found harder, no habla ingles that good sometimes

Originally Posted by TTimmerman View Post
    not quite clear to me which sport you found harder, no habla ingles that good sometimes
    I definitely found track harder and i did that for 3 years lol! You'd think you develope a routine in the process at the very least, but i was literally scared chitless before running days. I remember getting up early in the morning and my first thought was "oh shiet here we go".
    lófasz

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I definitely found track harder and i did that for 3 years lol! You'd think you develope a routine in the process at the very least, but i was literally scared chitless before running days. I remember getting up early in the morning and my first thought was "oh shiet here we go".
    There's definitely a degree of subjectivity to this discussion. I absolutely loath running and I too would probably find any sport involving heavy cardio to be much harder than bodybuilding.

But I know a number of people at the gym I train at that love cardio and think it's a walk, or maybe run , in the park. Most of those people keep their distance from the weights, because to them, resistance training is hell.
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

Definitely! Like i said it's individual based, but it most likely comes down to mindset as well.
    lófasz

wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50) wessmen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    SEO is easier than you think.

I know someone who used it, he was like 19 and had very little experience, no-one to help him.
    He used it in the chest and arms.

Didnt have a clue about it until I found 2(!) bottles of synthosizze.

You really have to use it as an idiot to make it look bad.

^
    It's actually sad to know that it's so easy to use and not banned.