msboss302 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protien & Trainning question

Hi,
    I'm just curious do you believe we can do the same traibning routines as men? Also how many women out there have Protien shakes after Trainning weights? If so what type whey? Is it done by body weight ? Is it always a good idea to do 20-30 min of cardio after a workout? I can't help it just love cardio after weights

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by msboss302 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm just curious do you believe we can do the same traibning routines as men? Also how many women out there have Protien shakes after Trainning weights? If so what type whey? Is it done by body weight ? Is it always a good idea to do 20-30 min of cardio after a workout? I can't help it just love cardio after weights
    Why wouldn't we be able to train the same as men?????? the only difference is the weight we use. I think the vast majority of us use a protein shake after our workout, I do, it's just so much more convienant for me than chowing down on a chicken breast or a can of tuna. You need to go back to the nutiritional stickies and do some reading up. Yes protein requirements are as a rule of thumb worked out on body weight, the general accepted rule when strength training is 1 - 1.5g per lb.

As for cardio it depends on your goals. A lot of girls don't do any cardio, it's not a must. Cardio's good for adding to your calorie deficit if you're dieting but you can get by just as well without it.

Go back and start reading all the stickies again and I'm sure they'll answer all your questions.
    *N.A.S.M CPT*

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds - Orison Swett

jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jessrabbit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do the exact same weight training routine as my husband. We bounce between full body work-outs and a typical body builder split type work out. ← This just depends on how much time we have in a particular week. We also usually drink a whey shake afterwords, mainly because I can't get dinner on the table fast enough to kill the hunger pains after working out.

msboss302 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thank you i will.

Originally Posted by britchick884 View Post
    Why wouldn't we be able to train the same as men?????? the only difference is the weight we use. I think the vast majority of us use a protein shake after our workout, I do, it's just so much more convienant for me than chowing down on a chicken breast or a can of tuna. You need to go back to the nutiritional stickies and do some reading up. Yes protein requirements are as a rule of thumb worked out on body weight, the general accepted rule when strength training is 1 - 1.5g per lb.

As for cardio it depends on your goals. A lot of girls don't do any cardio, it's not a must. Cardio's good for adding to your calorie deficit if you're dieting but you can get by just as well without it.

Go back and start reading all the stickies again and I'm sure they'll answer all your questions.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    three years ago when I started lifting it was with my brother and my son
    we did the exact same routine
    the only difference was my starting weights compared to theirs
    we drank a pre-workout and a post workout shake
    I was also trying to shed some fat (still am)
    so I do a half-hour cardio also

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi,
    Of course we can do the same training routines. I do not do shakes. I go home and eat a meal. No, it is not always a good idea to do cardio after weights. If it's just easy cardio like taking a neighborhood walk, then fine. Otherwise you left too much in the gas tank instead of on the gym floor. Especially on leg days.

Raven88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by britchick884 View Post

I thought alot of females just did cardio and stuff. I don't mean to sound stereotypical but i use to think alot of females didn't want to lift. I will keep the cardio in mind. Right now it doesn't feel like a must unless I need to lose weight.

nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicolemc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi,
    Spellcheck? Please?

wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10) wheyshakes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Of course you can, with the assumption that you know the workout is beneficial to you. Train at your own level, that's the best. Whey shakes are not mandatory, but i do take them after work out to help me recover faster. Moderate cardio is good after workout if you haven't been targeting your legs. If you just want to build up lean muscle mass, cardio may not even be necessary and you risk losing muscles doing cardio.

Hi,