Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by spicyprice View Post
    On work computer, cant see, care to elaborate?
    lol...I hate cottage cheese with a passion, that's all.
    America's Team Always - Dallas Cowboys

"Who is wise? He who learns from every man."

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by t12jm View Post
    lol...I hate cottage cheese with a passion, that's all.
    You might not hate it when its hidden in your eggs and turns 3 eggs into 35g protein. Doesnt taste like CC at all
    What's Spicy Training For?? LIFE MOTHER F-ER!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155227363

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My mom came up with this idea to help increase the protein in scrambled eggs. She puts eggs and cottage cheese in the blender and blends it down and then scrambles it. Actually makes really fluffy eggs and gives them a slightly different flavor..
    having to clean my blender every time I make eggs doesn't sound enjoyable.

spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spicyprice has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LegosInMyEgos View Post
    having to clean my blender every time I make eggs doesn't sound enjoyable.
    Add water, add dish detergent, blend..... rinse. I swear its not that hard.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Muskle View Post
    for thee godly nutrients
    I thought it would help me down it easier if I mixed it with something else to cover the taste/texture of cottage cheese
    I realize that you're probably not completely serious about the "godly nutrients" in cottage cheese, but it does make me wonder - in all seriousness - why you would want to force down a food that makes you want to gag? The only times I've ever been able to put up with cottage cheese was when adding flavored protein powder to it. Labrada Lean Pro is good at dominating the flavor of whatever you add it to. Same with Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide. But again I ask - why force ANYTHING down that makes you wanna gag? When I finished the tub of cottage cheese - for the sake of not wasting it - I never bought it again. Help me understand the reasoning to want to keep it in your diet & perhaps you'll get further feedback once this mystery is revealed.
    Last edited by alan aragon; 01-22-2012 at 11:14 PM.

GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10) GripHammer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pineapple chunks makes cottage cheese taste good.

nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nosix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    NOSIX... please respond
    Response why eat something you don't like?

not going to have a net war lol

Sick of people thinking they should eat **** they don;t like. .
    JUST SQUAT IT!

LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegosInMyEgos is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    why force ANYTHING down that makes you wanna gag?.
    thats what she said.

teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10) teequlah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might not hate it when its hidden in your eggs and turns 3 eggs into 35g protein. Doesnt taste like CC at all
    or you could just eat 3 more eggs and get the same amount of protein? generally cheaper then CC too. bad comparison there ;(

Originally Posted by teequlah View Post
    or you could just eat 3 more eggs and get the same amount of protein? generally cheaper then CC too. bad comparison there ;(
    Except you would have to nearly double that and make it 9 eggs (3 whole, 6whiites) to not get the fat that three more eggs would add. And thats in 1/2c cottage cheese (15g.) I buy 8 servings of ff cc for 3.50. Thats 0.49 for 15g pro. The 6 egg whites would be (at the price I pay for 18 eggs) 1.16.

So....... less cals and cheaper.

Either way, its a nice way to add an nice airy fluff to eggs and to add protein.

edit for math/clsrification.....as usual.

Galapp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like making eggs then mixing my cottage with the eggs... so its warm/cold feeling, and it tastes pretty good... kill 2 birds in 1 shot

chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chieftonsavage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP I had the exact same problem last year. started making omelettes with the cottage cheese mixed in, it wasnt too bad but then i got sick of cooking omelettes at 11pm. So i started eating it plain again and it was a bit more bearable now that i was used to the flavour. Then i found another brand of low fat cottage and it tastes a million times better, it was real fluffy sort of and didnt make me gag at all. so maybe you need to try another brand and see if you like.

And to all the people asking why you would eat cottage cheese if you dont like it, its probably the same reason people eat chicken breast and boiled vegies, doesnt particularly taste nice imo but it works if you wanna get lean.

t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Except you would have to nearly double that and make it 9 eggs (3 whole, 6whiites) to not get the fat that three more eggs would add. And thats in 1/2c cottage cheese (15g.) I buy 8 servings of ff cc for 3.50. Thats 0.49 for 15g pro. Them 6 egg whites would be (at the price I pay for 18 eggs) 1.16.

So....... less cals and cheaper.

Either way, its a nice way to add an nice airy fluff to eggs and to add protein.

edit for math/clsrification.....as usual.
    ORRR I could give up these pesky goals and go eat IHOP

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you don't like the texture and taste then yes, replace it with something else. Cottage cheese is not a wonder food. But if you want to continue eating it, then you can add pretty much what you want - I add herbs, black pepper, chilli powder, even olive oil infused in chillies. I add it to my eggs sometimes, and I eat it as it comes. I like the taste and texture, so I love it in my diet. I also find it serves as a great sauce for pasta and chicken meals, and it keeps me away from the italian cooking sauces for pasta as they can be high in sugar content.

I must admit though, I've never added it to a shake and never added protein powder to it. Interesting concept though, but the thought of that makes me want to gag too!

Greek yoghurt would be a decent substitute, and same with that - can be bland on its won, but add fruit, ground almond powder, protein powder etc.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AlanApe has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RyanPham View Post
    i mix it with vinegar (srs) call me weird but thats what i do
    Excuse me, I think I'm gagging!.........

Wow. That's VERY leftfield in my opinion. I'll give it a go and see what its like - I may be surprised.
    "I'll do today what others won't so I can do tomorrow what others can't" - such a fitting quote for bodybuilding!

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat cottage cheese (Add some splenda). It is helpful in obtaining my personal nutritional goals. However, if I couldn't stand the taste of it, I wouldn't eat it.
    420/285/535

ORRR I could give up these pesky goals and go eat IHOP
    Wrong again.

I think you would get a better macro composition from Cracker Barrel
    (not srs on macro composition. But srsly, CB>IHOP all day erryday.)

Wrong again.

I think you would get a better macro composition from Cracker Barrel
    (not srs on macro composition. But srsly, CB>IHOP all day erryday.)

I once made a road trip from TX to Nashville and back and accepted my mother's challenge to stop and eat at every Cracker Barrel I saw.

You can't possibly imagine how many freaking Cracker Barrels there are in Arkansas/Tennessee lol. Fat gains were fat on that trip.

chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) chickeneater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What is it like to have absolutely no original thoughts or contributions of your own? Does it feel as pathetic as you make it seem?
    If you're not going to answer my question, why bother responding to my question? The original post was about what the kid can add to his cottage cheese to make it taste better. And of course BlunderPug comes on to "enlighten" us all on why we shouldn't eat cottage cheese if we don't want to... followed by the usual unoriginal parrots like yourself.

Do you think someone is putting a gun to the kid's head and forcing him to eat cottage cheese? Not likely. He just wants to. And he wants to know how to make it taste better. Who the fuk are ANY OF YOU to tell him what to do, and to even give out nutritional advice in the first place?!?!

Im the "oomighty one"? You better check yourself bro. You're the one trying to save the kid's life, lest he befoul himself with cottage cheese!
    NOSIX... please respond
    I used to think that having a great transformation would make one a happier person....

But to me this is a good example that bodybuilding can often be a distraction to some underlying anger issues.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chickeneater View Post
    I used to think that having a great transformation would make one a happier person....

But to me this is a good example that bodybuilding can often be a distraction to some underlying anger issues.
    I used to think that being almost 40 years old meant that you had better things to do than stalk people on a bodybuilding site.

But to me this is a good example of a closet homosexual who follows all my posts and visits my Bodyspace profile at least once a day.

@BlunderPug: It makes sense that you would consider actually answering an OP's question to be pathetic. It explains a lot about your irrelevant posts.

Srs man, you're 46 years old with an obviously fake Avi. That's not pathetic at all.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ^ Your free-floating rage is very sad and I hope you seek professional help.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL, this thread really delivered. Usual stuff.

OP, just my two cents. I don't like sweet cottage cheese. I either eat it plain or make a salad out of it, add freshly groun pepper, cucumber, bell peppers, tomatoes. I prefer it savory over sweet.

But check out greek yogurt and fat free/low fat ricotta. IMO they own cottage cheese.

chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10) chase_n_green is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Pepper and peaches

UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UndesirableNo1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I can't down it just by itself

il end up having a gag reflex because of the texture
    I have the same reflex. It's definitely the texture.

Here's what I do and it's delicious: Cottage Cheese Pancakes - In food processor add: 1 cup CC, 1/2 cup oats, 2-4 eggs (your preference), add honey or berries or whatever if you want them sweet, and blend till smooth (yay, no more gagging texture) and fry them up as pancakes. Holy Christmas they're good.

I switched from Greek Yogurt to Cottage Cheese for the price, which is about half or more.

I once made a road trip from TX to Nashville and back and accepted my mother's challenge to stop and eat at every Cracker Barrel I saw.

You can't possibly imagine how many freaking Cracker Barrels there are in Arkansas/Tennessee lol. Fat gains were fat on that trip.
    OMG, those pancakes!!!!! And biscuits! And oatmeal!! And cheese grits!!!!!

I bet you didnt want to see another CB for a loong time!

RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RugbyTank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dude if Cottage cheese makes you gag no point trying to force it down.

But i mix mine with Kidney beans if its not byitself

I eat cottage cheese cuz of its pimp macros and wicked taste

I can't down it just by itself

il end up having a gag reflex because of the texture

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I bet you didnt want to see another CB for a loong time!
    CB sells Neccos. You have to love a restaurant that sells Neccos.

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    CB sells Neccos. You have to love a restaurant that sells Neccos.
    No offense, but I think I would rather eat a Communion wafer than eat a Neccos!

What CB does have worth getting: Buckeyes!

No offense, but I think I would rather eat a Communion wafer than eat a Neccos!
    I guess you're not a fan

ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ThePinkerton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I add some hot sauce and chop up some pickles. Neither of these things add significant calories and makes it taste much better and it fills me up more.

I've also added tuna and pickles to cottage cheese to make a "casserole"