Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Antolio View Post
    The only thing I'm about with it is, will it be safe for me to take? I'm not used to eating much at the minute and that's something I've got to develop on with the more I start to eat. Will it be too much for my body to take in so quickly if it's not used to anything?
    As a general rule it's a good idea to work up gradually to taking in more food at a time. Start by increasing each feeding a little at a time and then gradually increase the amount you take in each meal, take at least a couple weeks or more to work up to eating large meals. Your tummy will thank you.
    💪🏻Team Manlet💪🏻
    --♥♥--♥♥--TEAM MISC BIG C SUPPORT--♥♥--♥♥--
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." J. Springfield
    BRAINWAVES: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147989483
    MIND POWER/CONFIDENCE/GOALS
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158959453
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150994183
    STOICISM https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173954741
    1 Samuel 16:7

orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50) orca23554 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the other advice, but as for this...

I've just read up and watched some video reviews on it. 1500 calories for a full serving which apparently you need to take in two halves as it won't go into a normal sized shaker.

The only thing I'm about with it is, will it be safe for me to take? I'm not used to eating much at the minute and that's something I've got to develop on with the more I start to eat. Will it be too much for my body to take in so quickly if it's not used to anything?
    Me too in the same boat, 5' 10" at around 142lbs now (this after bulking 12lbs recently), long way to go yet.

One thing I'm consciously doing is to avoid taking the path of least resistance when it comes to pushing your body. A weight gainer might solve the issue of ensuring a surplus of 500 cals a day but don't think it'll do too much in the long run. I was eating next to nothing before I started, right now eat much better since I am forcing myself to bulk on whole and natural foods. What I am hoping for is that if I can add some size over the next 4-5 months (the time my gains will start to taper off), I can throw in some supps later to ensure that I further up my calorie intake (protein specifically). If you start with supps right way, 6 months down the line if you've added 20-25lbs and want to further add, might get tough if you don't get into the habit of eating well and making it a damn priority. 3 months ago I couldn't have consumed 70% of what I am consuming today.

We skinnies need to win the mental battle first and get into a healthy eating routine, the rest will follow I guess (and hope). At a BW less than 160lbs at our height range, we def don't need supps to grow.

Given a choice go natural any day, that's my take

Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000) Esthetique is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop doing cardio, lift weights, overeat. Dont waste money on useless supps. If you have to, spend on gainers. Buy food like pasta, chicken, tuna and rice, that stuff is cheap. Considering you're THAT underweight, I think you could even benefit from eating potatochips and wholemilk before bed.
    miscing is detrimental, im out

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by orca23554 View Post
    Me too in the same boat, 5' 10" at around 142lbs now (this after bulking 12lbs recently), long way to go yet.

One thing I'm consciously doing is to avoid taking the path of least resistance when it comes to pushing your body. A weight gainer might solve the issue of ensuring a surplus of 500 cals a day but don't think it'll do too much in the long run. I was eating next to nothing before I started, right now eat much better since I am forcing myself to bulk on whole and natural foods. What I am hoping for is that if I can add some size over the next 4-5 months (the time my gains will start to taper off), I can throw in some supps later to ensure that I further up my calorie intake (protein specifically). If you start with supps right way, 6 months down the line if you've added 20-25lbs and want to further add, might get tough if you don't get into the habit of eating well and making it a damn priority. 3 months ago I couldn't have consumed 70% of what I am consuming today.

We skinnies need to win the mental battle first and get into a healthy eating routine, the rest will follow I guess (and hope). At a BW less than 160lbs at our height range, we def don't need supps to grow.

Given a choice go natural any day, that's my take
    while thats all well and good but i cant consume that many calories in a day esp when i`m work an 10 hour shift with only one hour break.. weight gainers are a must for me.. mine gives me 1100 calories on top of the 2500 i`m eating.. Red meat, potatoes, pasta, milk and peanut butter is your friend here..
    stats: jan 2012/ goals: jan 2013

DL :405/495
    Squat 275/315
    Bench 180/225 (feelsbadman)

Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arbiter94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bro, when ectomorphs start packing on muscle, they look the best imo, like zyzz.

Klotz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eat, Eat, Train, and Eat!

I used to be the same way. Though I was 6'4 and 145 pounds. I wasted tons of money on supplements, only to be disappointed every time. I finally just started force feeding myself and switched up the type of training I was doing. Google "Starting strength". This program is going to help you build the strength and balance you need to really put weight on. When I started I could barely Dead Lift 135 LBS for a couple reps. After about 6 months I was pulling over 300 LBS. Same thing with Squats and bench press. After you get a good strength foundation going, you can move on to a program like "West Side for Skinny Bastards". (Google WS4SB) Once I started this program is when I really started gaining weight. It took me a couple of years, but I finally reached my goal of 200 LBS, and I am still working on gaining more weight. 200 LBS at 6'4 is still pretty skinny. It is all about how much quality food you eat, and how hard you work in the gym. I would maybe suggest a pre workout sup, if you need a little extra energy boost. Once you start gaining weight, you will learn to be thankful for your fast metabolism. I know I am. Good luck. Put in the hard work and you will get the results you're looking for.

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is a lot of great advice on this thread. Listen to what these guys are saying and take it to heart. I was once just like you man, before I joined the Marine Corps I was 6 Ft tall 120 lbs. Every girl I asked out would turn me down saying it was because I was too skinny. During my first deployment I decided to hit the gym for the first time in my life. It take's dedication and hard work but it can be done man I promise you. A work out partner would do you a world of good and help you keep each other in check. You really have to take the workout partner thing seriously though for it to work man, you cant just go with your best friend and sit around on each bench for 5 minutes talking in between sets. You have to hold each other accountable, you have to push each other past your limits(safely), and most importantly: you have to make it a competition

Anyways man, my first year I gained 30 lbs. I never quite got my diet right for the next 2 years so I was stuck around 150-165. I realized my mistake was placing too much emphasis on training and letting my diet hit the back burner. I was going to the gym 5-6 days a week completely destroying myself while entirely neglecting my diet. It's simple law of thermodynamics. You absolutely MUST eat over your maintenance in order to gain weight. If you aren't seeing an increase in weight every 2 weeks then this should be a very strong indicator that you need to pay more attention to your diet. Anyways, I'm 185 now and shooting for 200-205. It can be done man I promise you just stick with it!
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

Crazy as a **** house rat YoBigFatMomma's Avatar
    YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoBigFatMomma has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I looked up that weight gainer and its basically just 1000 calories of maltodextrin with some whey thrown in. I think making your own with a combination of whole milk, oats, peanut butter, vanilla whey, and a banana or two all blended up would give you better results. Just keep in mind that when you drink a shake made out of that, the fullness might not hit you until you've had too much and then suddenly your on the floor trying not to puke so take it easy at first.
    385/245/485 @ 210

┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
    <|>
    ┌8====D
    ⌡ \

TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000) TheHolyCannoli is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Guys,

I'm trying to eat as much ass I can but I just get full really quickly
    I Lol'ed at this...Not sure how nobody caught that earlier.

Carry on.............

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by YoBigFatMomma View Post
    I looked up that weight gainer and its basically just 1000 calories of maltodextrin with some whey thrown in. I think making your own with a combination of whole milk, oats, peanut butter, vanilla whey, and a banana or two all blended up would give you better results. Just keep in mind that when you drink a shake made out of that, the fullness might not hit you until you've had too much and then suddenly your on the floor trying not to puke so take it easy at first.
    It just so happens that I have all of these exact ingredients and a blender I bought 6 months ago and never took out of the box. I'm going to try this right now thanks bro
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100) OTR is not very well liked. (-100)
    I was in the same exact shoes as you buddy, you have to work hard and eat. Diet is much more important eat whatever you can. I drank a lot of milk every day i would also mix with whey protein. I could not eat a lot either, thats ok ur stomach will get used to eating big meals gradually. Eat as many small meals a day id say 8 and always keep snacks on you ex. peanuts and beef jerky. Man i used to eat anything id don't matter fast food or not. Also its a slow process dont get discouraged it took me 20 month to get were im at. I was 150 LBS at 6"4 now im at 180.

Here my old pic, see avi for new me.
    Attached Images
    On Top Of The Rest

SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SJ19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wow, some really great responses in this thread!!
    I'm new to this forum too, but have been reading up and planning my diet and routines for when I plan on returning to training in the next month or so, I'm currently doing ALOT of prep work. I suggest really getting your diet correct is a key factor. Whilst I was training I probably wasn't eating the best foods that I now know I should have - however I was putting on weight with my increases in daily calorie intake (makes sense), so have a good diet with good training programs, and the patience to stick with it.
    Good luck with everything!

Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow guys, I really can't thank you all enough.

The stories your all sharing with me of your own experiences are really motivating me too.

I'm off to the docs in half an hour just to make sure there's nothing wrong with me, but I know there isn't really... I think it's just my diet and my opinion on food.

I don't have an eating disorder, I just don't really like eating. But when I weighed a lot more about 3-4 years ago I was eating everything and wouldn't care that I felt bloated, now I just feel sick and worry that I'm going to be bloated by what I eat. The fact is, I need to eat more to get my belly expanding and allow room for the food I need.

I'm honestly eating about 1000 calories right now max and that's with effort. I'm going to buy a cheap shake to just help me put on some more calories until my stomach is ready for a normal eating routine.

Thanks again guys, I won't let any of you down.

Ant

TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TooAnabolic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I need advice on what to eat etc and stories of people just like me who have changed their fitness and body.
    I'm trying to eat as much ass I can but I just get full really quickly as I weigh so little. I don't have a LOT of money so I can't afford to buy too much either so I just need goals on what to do and even what to buy. I'll have money soon I'm just waiting on some payments at the minute.
    I'm a member at the local gym but honestly, last time I went I thought I was going to faint after a 10 minute bike ride. I know it's pathetic but I need to get fit. After that, my arms were killing me for about a week and a half.
    I used to be stick thin (120 lbs, at least 5'10), so I know that feel.

Here's what you need to do: count calories/macros for every meal every day. This is the key to success. I know, because I used to struggle
    to gain weight and I didn't know why. If you don't do this, you don't want it badly enough and it's highly doubtful you'll ever achieve your goals. Figure
    out what your maintenance is, set up a macronutrient ratio (ex. 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein), and consistently eat over maintenance.

Lifting with high intensity and consistency is also key, but I cannot stress enough how important being consistent in the kitchen is. You can lift
    all you want, but you will never get anywhere without 100% consistency with your meals. As far as the lifting goes, stay away from isolation lifts
    like bicep curls and focus on compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench press, dips, etc. This will generate a hormonal response that will
    pack slabs of muscle on your body faster than anything else.

As far as food goes, you can start by drinking at least a half gallon of whole milk every day. I usually drink closer to a gallon. Peanut butter is also
    your friend.

Supplements are not important and you don't need to concern yourself with them right now. The only thing you need is food. You don't even need
    a whey protein powder (milk is just as effective post-workout).

I don't want to get too in-depth, but if you have any specific questions for me I'd be more than happy to answer them, as I know exactly where you're coming from.
    Last edited by TooAnabolic; 01-30-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Antolio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TooAnabolic View Post
    I used to be stick thin (120 lbs, at least 5'10), so I know that feel.

Here's what you need to do: count calories/macros for every meal every day. This is the key to success. I know, because I used to struggle
    to gain weight and I didn't know why. If you don't do this, you don't want it badly enough and it's highly doubtful you'll ever achieve your goals. Figure
    out what your maintenance is, set up a macronutrient ratio (ex. 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein), and consistently eat over maintenance.

Lifting with high intensity and consistency is also key, but I cannot stress enough how important being consistent in the kitchen is. You can lift
    all you want, but you will never get anywhere without 100% consistency with your meals. As far as the lifting goes, stay away from isolation lifts
    like bicep curls and focus on compound movements like squats, deadlifts, bench press, dips, etc. This will generate a hormonal response that will
    pack slabs of muscle on your body faster than anything else.

As far as food goes, you can start by drinking at least a half gallon of whole milk every day. I usually drink closer to a gallon. Peanut butter is also
    your friend.

Supplements are not important and you don't need to concern yourself with them right now. The only thing you need is food. You don't even need
    a whey protein powder (milk is just as effective post-workout).

I don't want to get too in-depth, but if you have any specific questions for me I'd be more than happy to answer them, as I know exactly where you're coming from.
    Thanks so much for all this advice, you obviously had the same struggle and it's inspiring to see similar stories to mine.

I've got a blood test tomorrow, they want to check all my levels out (iron etc) and just make sure my weight hasn't had a bad impact on my health.

I'm eating more already and it's actually making me more peckish too. I've constantly got a packet of nuts on my desk and I'm eating them when I'm snacking.

I'm drinking more water now too as I feel dehydrated.

I'll keep you all up to date.

shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well Im an ectomorph and before I started weightlifting I was barely 150 pounds in my early 20's and Im almost 6'1. I remember in high school I was probably 130-140 pounds.

When I started working out I could barely bench 95 pounds and I didnt even squat or deadlift for the first few years of ''off and on'' training. My brother got me into the whole bodybuilding thing. I watched him go from a skinny bastage like me to a 195 pound machine who can lift very heavy. I started taking my workouts more seriously the last couple of years but only in the last 6 months did I change my view towards working out. I no longer view my workouts as a chore but I actually enjoy them. I cant wait to hit the gym and I wont miss a workout day for anything in the world!

Its too bad I wasnt into bodybuolding as much when I started out as I would probably be much more advanced but I have no regrets as Im on the right path now and Ive made some good gains. I now weigh about 185 pounds butt naked and I lift much more than I used too.

Anyways long story short. I aint gonna be one of those who tries to tell you what to do workout wise. You gotta experience different workouts and see what works for you. What has always seemed to work for me is low rep heaviest weight possible. I know many will suggest fullbody workouts but a 4 day split has worked best for me. My workout is similar to the ''MAX OT'' method although I split my workout up in 4 days instead of 5 and I might rest a little less than 2-3 minutes on most lifts. Working out each muscle once a week while eating plenty has gained me lots of size and strength. I could be wrong and were all different but I believe ectomorphs are best suited for lower reps heavy weight and more rest. Ive tried fullbody, upper/lower splits and 5 day splits but my gains have come on 4 day splits. 5 days seems to burn too much calories. I did a 5 day split the whole summer and I lost weight and looked smaller. I have gained back up now going back to a 4 day split with less volume and less reps (more weight). I workout Mon-Tues and Thurs-Fri. I workout based on two things Arnold said ''Never give up'' and ''Dont be afraid of failing''. Im never afraid to try and lift heavier. Im not afraid of looking like a fool who fails and I never give up as I will achieve my goals or I will die trying. Combine this mentallity with a ton of eating and resting and you will grow.

Good luck.

boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000) boostinawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    As far as the calories in and out go, try to go for more calorie-dense foods. You won't have to eat as much and still have plenty of calories to fit into your day. Try some peanut butter, chocolate milk, pasta, etc. Just make sure that you get enough protein, carbs, and fat in.

Also, I don't know whether this is the case for you or not, but don't be scared to get fat. I've noticed that a lot of the guys that want to gain weight want to do so without gaining any fat. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but I find it very difficult. In my short experience, I've found out that losing fat is easy. Gaining mass is hard.

Good luck buddy. Good for you for trying to change.

Bit of a stressful update...

I was taken into Hospital thursday night and I was feeling very weak and my heart was pounding. They hooked me up to an ECG and eased my heart rate down.

I suffer from panic attacks but it was very different and I know it was my general health. Anyway since then I've been to the doctors and he's actually referring me to an eating disorder clinic. I'm not really sure it's what I need though, but I just don't have an appetite and the thought of food at the minute just makes me feel sick, no matter how hungry I am.

However, I am still trying to get good food down me and since my little scare I haven't touched caffeine. Let me tell you... 3 days without caffeine after 10+ years of a daily addiction to it (which could also contribute to my weight), I feel f**ked. I'm so tired. But I also feel better too and my anxiety has lowered amazingly. Even though I'd LOVE a highly potent coffee right now or a big can of redbull. But it's worth staying away from it. I felt very sick friday after 24 hours without it but now I feel great, albeit weak.

So I'm going to see how my body reacts to no caffeine. I will sweat less, be less "foot tappy" and I should get more of an appetite too. I'm basically just trying to get good carbs in my body right now with the minimal food I'm eating. I'm sure it's very hard for a lot of you to understand but you really have to be in my mind or someone similar's to understand. I don't have a relationship with food and I wish I did.

Anyway BETTER news... I'm seeing a Hypnotherapist on Monday and he's one of the best in my County. He's highly praised but my family are helping me afford him as they help me get through my anxiety attacks through treatment. (Again, you really have to be in the situation to understand. You can't just turn it off) So he's going to focus on me eating more and the anxiety which will in turn stop putting me off eating too.

ALSO, I've found a nutritionist in my town and I'm going to call her this week and get them to put me a meal plan together to just build me up to that level of food I should be eating each day normally. This alone will make me put weight on.

The biggest message to anyone else reading this is that if your in a similar situation whether it's now or you reading this post in 5 years time... the only person who can change yourself is YOU. It doesn't matter if you've got a nutritionist, a therapist, family support or whatever. None of them can make a difference unless you really want a difference in yourself.

Thanks for all the support and advice guys, it gave me the kick I needed.

proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz proudmanlet has the mod powerz
    Good luck brah and stay safe (srs). Sounds like you're on the right track. For one, I'm a believer in hypnotherapy for things like anxiety, so that's a good move IMO.
    💪🏻Team Manlet💪🏻
    --♥♥--♥♥--TEAM MISC BIG C SUPPORT--♥♥--♥♥--
    "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man." J. Springfield
    BRAINWAVES: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147989483
    MIND POWER/CONFIDENCE/GOALS
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158959453
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150994183
    STOICISM https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173954741
    1 Samuel 16:7

superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) superwaffles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should start easy and then building your way up, instead of bike riding, go jog and over time you will improve! eating healthy is the key to your situation start by consuming perhaps 2000 calories of HEALTHY foods and if you can afford to buy protein than go for it. ectomorph's have a high metabolism rate which means that you will burn fat at an extremely fast rate and if you have no nutrients for your body to feed and refuel
    than it will start to extract the protein and nutrients from your muscles and using it as energy. which is not good. eat tuna,fish,vegetables,chicken and other meats. also dont force yourself to eat until you puke as i said earlier build up and improve. you are 6ft,130 lbs and 20 years of age, that is not good to be at such a low weight. i believe the reason why you almost fainted is because your body is not use to such a long workout for a long period of time and btw biking is a cardio workout witch makes you loose some weight but great for legs. go do dumbells 8-10 reps start like everyone else by doing push ups,curl ups, and then expand more i hope i helped.
    We all start confused but as time passes we get the hang of it and are one day closer to reaching our goal

qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) qtac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey mate,

Another skinnybro here. At my lowest I was 6'3, 142 lbs. Right now I'm ~175 lbs. I know how ya feel and it sucks. The first time I signed up for a gym, I worked with a personal trainer and I passed out mid-way through the workout. I'm in the process of putting on mass (again, after I lost what I gained a few months ago) right now so I'll share what worked for me. Maybe it'll work for you too.

1) Don't count calories--you don't need to be that exact. If you want to approximate meals to get an idea of how much you're eating, that's great, but don't weigh out portions for yourself.
    2) Lift as hard as you can to the point where you can barely walk/move your arms/whatever every other day. You gotta push yourself hard to get yourself hungry.
    3) Focus on timing your meals. Aim for, say, 5 big meals over the course of the day, every day. Try to make each meal 800 calories (or whatever you can handle) and space them out every few hours. So, wake up, have a big meal. In 2.5 hours, have another. In 2.5 hours, another, and so on until you go to bed.
    4) WHOLE MILK. Whole milk is liquid gold when you're trying to gain weight. Seriously, it's so easy to get down and half a gallon a day is 1200 calories right there. And it's so easy to drink a ton of it with food. AND it's cheap. My general rule is, for every 16 oz glass of milk that I drink, I drink 16 oz water afterwards.
    5) Eat a ton of complex carbs. Chow down on sweet potatoes, brown rice, and oats.

I'm in college and I live on a budget, but I try not to skimp on food. It works out to ~$80-100/wk, which is like $2-3/meal. I think that's pretty good. Here's what I eat pretty much every day.

Breakfast: 600ml shake-- 1 cup frozen berries, 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, 1 large scoop ON whey, rest whole milk. I buy "Organic Food Bar - Original" bars and have one with my shake. Works out to almost exactly 800 calories & 40g protein with 25g+ fat and 40g+ carbs.

2nd Breakfast - three eggs, whole wheat english muffin, fruit, 16 oz whole milk

Lunch - One large chicken breast (~2.25 lbs per 3 breasts), brown rice, and broccoli. I just fill up the plate, dunno how large each portion is. 1 glass whole milk.

Second lunch - I cook up lean hamburger meat on the stove and mix in some taco seasoning, then save the meat to eat through the week. I put a bunch of the meat & half an avocado into a burrito with some brown rice & have broccoli on the side. Also a 16oz glass of whole milk.

Dinner - another hamburger burrito or chicken breast & a vegetable, whatever works. You can sub this out for a turkey sub or something if you don't like eating the same thing every day. Whole milk.

Before bed - another shake & bar with casein protein instead of whey.

This has been my diet for the past two months and I've gained 15+ pounds so far (157 at christmas to 172 a week ago). Just stick with it and EAT EAT EAT. You don't need a ton of supplements to gain weight. Whey, casein, and fish oil are all good investments, but everything else is superfluous. You got this **** man
    Attached Images
    Last edited by qtac; 02-12-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Well I'd just like to say a gigantic thank you to every one who has read my situation and given there 2 cents. It's been really helpful.

Unfortunately I have finally realised that I do infact have an eating disorder and have gotten to the point now where I can hardly walk 40 steps.

I've let my body waste away and tomorrow I am being admitted into the Priory at Chelmsford and am looking forward to changing my life around.

I will be back to this thread when I have the eating under control and get my BMI to a healthy 18.5 and beyond.

I hope somebody else finds this thread and it helps them overcome the same situation I am in. It's taken me a very long time to realise I don't eat anything at all really.

I'm scared as f*** to be honest that I've got to leave my family for 2 weeks but I know it's what I need. After that I will be receiving daycare locally.

I'm going to have one of those great success stories I promise all of you and I promise myself.

Ant

Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bodmanza will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I'd just like to say a gigantic thank you to every one who has read my situation and given there 2 cents. It's been really helpful.

Unfortunately I have finally realised that I do infact have an eating disorder and have gotten to the point now where I can hardly walk 40 steps.

I've let my body waste away and tomorrow I am being admitted into the Priory at Chelmsford and am looking forward to changing my life around.

I will be back to this thread when I have the eating under control and get my BMI to a healthy 18.5 and beyond.

I hope somebody else finds this thread and it helps them overcome the same situation I am in. It's taken me a very long time to realise I don't eat anything at all really.

I'm scared as f*** to be honest that I've got to leave my family for 2 weeks but I know it's what I need. After that I will be receiving daycare locally.

I'm going to have one of those great success stories I promise all of you and I promise myself.

Ant
    Like you said yourself, will only make your success story that much more BOSS when you get there!

Trust me, there will be times when you will be discouraged. I have started and stopped three separate 10 week programs trying to put on muscle - started at 134, currently at 154. I was successful only once, and that time I looked like a fatass. So decided to let it all go and start over.
    Now, I still am at about 18% BF, but instead of looking like a child, I at least look my age with some muscle definition.

If I can get even that far, so can you. Be safe man and we will welcome you back once you return!

branden694 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Nope!

Thanks for all the other advice, but as for this...

I've just read up and watched some video reviews on it. 1500 calories for a full serving which apparently you need to take in two halves as it won't go into a normal sized shaker.

Sorry if it's a stupid question. I'm genuinely interested in the product, I'm just worried if there could be major negatives in my circumstance.
    No, definitely not! I would recommend not doing the whole serving. For instance, my protein powder says three level scoops per serving. I only take one. Your body cannot receive all that protein at once, so basically you are just wasting it. If you are having trouble eating, start drinking a lot of water. Not a little bit, ALOT!!! Drink until your full for about a week, and you'll see how much more you can eat. Your stomach expands is what I've experienced.

Besides diet, how you workout will affect your gains. Lift heavy! Do compound exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press). Do about 3-5 sets per exercise per body part. So all in all in one workout session you should have a total of 15-20 sets per body part. On first set: rep until failure at about 8-10 reps. Next set increase the weight so you fail at 5-7, and so on until you reach about 1-2 reps only. This is how you pack on that dense muscle. Once reaching a reasonable weight, then you can go a bit lighter but more reps to really tone the body.

I would recommend the "Arnold Schwarzenegger, Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding". It is the best book I've ever read. 700 some pages of pure information. Buy it, its only like 20 or 30 bucks.

Good luck to you on your gaining journey, I'm going through the same process as of now.

jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jalake88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I won't go in depth because everyone else has, but food you eat will play a very important role in gains. Eat, Eat, Eat. You really dont need cardio.. I say that meaning you dont need weight loss cardio, 10-15 minutes pre and post workout is okay, pre workout to get your heart rate up and blood pumping.. Not a run.. a fast paced walk or jog. Don't forget to supplement protein.. you will get a lot from food, but at your weight more is better. Don't be afraid if your BF% goes up a little.. you can always cut later. Good luck

Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You are not at the level of cals you need to cram supps down your throat.

Forum search "calorie dense foods". That+shakes will make it easy to get your cals for a long time.

1 cup of nuts= +/- 700 cals
    1 cup oats (300) + 200 protein powder if you want + 5 tbs PB = +/- 1000 cals.

Eat calorie dense foods not piles of apples, rice and vegetables.

FinallyFame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey Guys,

Been browsing the forums every few months for a while now but this is my first thread.

I'm sick of my body. I can't stand people saying I look like a lanky string of piss anymore or that I need to put weight on. I'm fully aware that I need to put weight on.

I need advice on what to eat etc and stories of people just like me who have changed their fitness and body.

I'm trying to eat as much ass I can but I just get full really quickly as I weigh so little. I don't have a LOT of money so I can't afford to buy too much either so I just need goals on what to do and even what to buy. I'll have money soon I'm just waiting on some payments at the minute.

I'm a member at the local gym but honestly, last time I went I thought I was going to faint after a 10 minute bike ride. I know it's pathetic but I need to get fit. After that, my arms were killing me for about a week and a half.

So there's my story, some of you may laugh but I hope you all see my side. I wasn't born with a body to gain weight but I know I can, I just need some advice and guidance. I'll take it all, I promise.

Ant

P.S. I can't attach a photo yet due to my post count but I have a couple on my bodyspace.
    Buddy I'm 6'4, all I can tell you is to put some work in.

repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250) repsandsets has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was obviously eating more because I was happy at the time and I'll be honest it was purely on chinese and pizza. But it worked and I managed to stuff myself each time even if I did feel sick sometimes. But I did it and I put the weight on.
    Hi Antolio,

A bit of advice from an old dude (me), who has made every mistake imaginable over the years, and learned the hard way.

Rather than focusing on what you don't want - being skinny - focus on what you do want. Train and eat like the person you want to be.

Give yourself some credit for your successes, and go easy on yourself when you need a break. Take every opportunity to have some fun and enjoy your youth.

Live a happy life, and it's sure to be a healthy life - as you said in the quote above, when you were happy, you were eating well. Ultimately, being happy is something you choose. It's an act of will.

Eating right needn't cost a lot - you don't need supplements right now. Just calories. It really doesn't matter much where your calories come from, as long as you're eating them. Make the most of it!

Your honesty and openness suggests you're one of the good guys - you deserve to succeed.

Good luck
    Graham
    Change what you do and you'll change who you are.

dragon222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you have panic attacks, it means that your anxiety level is really high. A lot of anxiety translates into a high amount of Cortisol. Cortisol is an important testosterone inhibitor which won't facilitate your muscles developpement

Try to focus on your mindset

Bit of a stressful update...

I was taken into Hospital thursday night and I was feeling very weak and my heart was pounding. They hooked me up to an ECG and eased my heart rate down.

I suffer from panic attacks but it was very different and I know it was my general health. Anyway since then I've been to the doctors and he's actually referring me to an eating disorder clinic. I'm not really sure it's what I need though, but I just don't have an appetite and the thought of food at the minute just makes me feel sick, no matter how hungry I am.

However, I am still trying to get good food down me and since my little scare I haven't touched caffeine. Let me tell you... 3 days without caffeine after 10+ years of a daily addiction to it (which could also contribute to my weight), I feel f**ked. I'm so tired. But I also feel better too and my anxiety has lowered amazingly. Even though I'd LOVE a highly potent coffee right now or a big can of redbull. But it's worth staying away from it. I felt very sick friday after 24 hours without it but now I feel great, albeit weak.

So I'm going to see how my body reacts to no caffeine. I will sweat less, be less "foot tappy" and I should get more of an appetite too. I'm basically just trying to get good carbs in my body right now with the minimal food I'm eating. I'm sure it's very hard for a lot of you to understand but you really have to be in my mind or someone similar's to understand. I don't have a relationship with food and I wish I did.

Anyway BETTER news... I'm seeing a Hypnotherapist on Monday and he's one of the best in my County. He's highly praised but my family are helping me afford him as they help me get through my anxiety attacks through treatment. (Again, you really have to be in the situation to understand. You can't just turn it off) So he's going to focus on me eating more and the anxiety which will in turn stop putting me off eating too.

ALSO, I've found a nutritionist in my town and I'm going to call her this week and get them to put me a meal plan together to just build me up to that level of food I should be eating each day normally. This alone will make me put weight on.

The biggest message to anyone else reading this is that if your in a similar situation whether it's now or you reading this post in 5 years time... the only person who can change yourself is YOU. It doesn't matter if you've got a nutritionist, a therapist, family support or whatever. None of them can make a difference unless you really want a difference in yourself.

Thanks for all the support and advice guys, it gave me the kick I needed.

shea2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shea2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shea2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shea2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shea2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shea2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im currently 6'2 140lbs. i eat till im full 4-5 meals a day. you sound like you are on a starvation diet for your body. skinny as i am i never feel weak and can deal with carrying heavy weights when i need to. im self conscience of how i look but i feel totally healthy, i do a lot of mountian biking i can lift anything i need to in life (even my 200lb brother in law) i pretty much have given up gaining weight and just go with whats natural for me. ive noticed over the years my matabolizim slows down and i gain about 5 lbs a year for last few years. im 23 now.