Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Registered User RockySavagewolf's Avatar
    RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RockySavagewolf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Haha I skipped my leg day the last two days and today and just happened to see this thread...dammit..makes me feel so guilty. I'm gonna hit them extra hard tomorrow. Thanks for the motivation

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RockySavagewolf View Post
    Haha I skipped my leg day the last two days and today and just happened to see this thread...dammit..makes me feel so guilty. I'm gonna hit them extra hard tomorrow. Thanks for the motivation
    Anytime big man! Glad you came across the thread... Now go smash them wheels!!!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jb4476 View Post
    The carryover that I've had from increased strength in ATG squatting to athletic performance is remarkable. My ability to use my legs to drive weight overhead has shot up. Yesterday I push pressed 220 lb for a set of 7 reps.

I think it's the hoodie.

Totally dig the hoodie! Legit!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Increasing legs increases all lifts!

Hit two new PRs tonight: 410x10 and 225x35 (Going for x50, for $hits and giggles)

I tend to prefer box squats, anybody got anything negative to say about them? Not sure if I should rotate the box out.
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Increasing legs increases all lifts!

Hit two new PRs tonight: 410x10 and 225x35 (Going for x50, for $hits and giggles)

I tend to prefer box squats, anybody got anything negative to say about them? Not sure if I should rotate the box out.
    I've cut out regular ATG squats and have been focusing on box the last month and a bit (I have had lower back issues and it has been good since I swapped).

Quads have been making decent gains since too, so personally I'm a big fan of them.
    www.aesthetic-era.com

This is from last year's show... I've had 11 months of grueling workouts to better the wheels even more... Legs win shows!!

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by sjd07 View Post
    I've cut out regular ATG squats and have been focusing on box the last month and a bit (I have had lower back issues and it has been good since I swapped).

Quads have been making decent gains since too, so personally I'm a big fan of them.
    Gotta love the ol box squats!

P.S. I liked your FB page... Legit!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Hamstrings, Calves and Abs...
    Heavy dead lifts, Fall Forwards, Standing Leg Curls and Lay Down Alternate Leg Curls.. My legs were rubbing together when I was walking after all that nonsense... and you know what? I LOVED IT!! Strength was soooo on point today! I pushed hard, dug deep and won the battle.. I tell you what, there is nothing more satisfying than a leg day that kicks your ass!!
    I did a mean drop set on the stading calf raise, then moved on to the leg press for alternates and finished with 45 degree alternates.. Abs... Toast! Wind Shields, AX Cutters and leg lefts... I left tonight a sweaty mess! Mission Accomplished!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jb4476 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was so pleased with today. A great deal of heavy leg work today even by my standards. Started with heavy BTN push pressing, and worked up to 230x2, not a PR but not total suck either. Then worked up to 310x3 front squat, that is a PR. Then I did ATG back squat singles, worked up to 355, that is not a PR but it's not too bad. Then after that I did heavy squat cleaning and I did set a PR of 108 kg (238 lb) for a triple. My stupid ****ing camera fell over after rep 1.

I'm really pleased by how conditioned I've become. Squatting, even extremely heavy squatting at max weights in the 1-3 range, is at this point as natural as drawing breath. I'm not gassed or destroyed even after absolute max effort work. I'm ready to do heavy Olympic lifting and suffer no fatigue. That's what you get when you squat 7 days a week. My conditioning might be the thing I am most pleased with.

mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was planning on doing legs today, but there still seems to be some slight ache left from when I done legs on Sunday. Should I just do it or would I be over training?

iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Still can't post links or images directly, but I saw this (check attachement) and thought it fit in here perfectly.

It's coming. Just finished back and biceps for this week, nothing but a couple of rest/cardio days between me and LEGS!

Rawr.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by mcc0y View Post
    I was planning on doing legs today, but there still seems to be some slight ache left from when I done legs on Sunday. Should I just do it or would I be over training?
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner.. I would always listen to the body! If you're sore, I would rest up.. you never want to train sore muscles as it would be overtraining for sure...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by iamgrimm View Post
    Still can't post links or images directly, but I saw this (check attachement) and thought it fit in here perfectly.

It's coming. Just finished back and biceps for this week, nothing but a couple of rest/cardio days between me and LEGS!

Rawr.
    Haha Nice! Get them legs!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrVolquez will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In, Just started legs recently. Been relying on my natural leaping ability for a while now and avoiding squats.

Since joining this site, thats changed and Im looking to get some soccer player type quads. Wanna add some inches on my vertical and increase explosiveness.

Thanks to everyone posting motivational stuff, by far my favorite section of the forum

Measly reps till im out (Keep Hustlin bros)

Originally Posted by MrVolquez View Post
    In, Just started legs recently. Been relying on my natural leaping ability for a while now and avoiding squats.

Since joining this site, thats changed and Im looking to get some soccer player type quads. Wanna add some inches on my vertical and increase explosiveness.

Thanks to everyone posting motivational stuff, by far my favorite section of the forum

Measly reps till im out (Keep Hustlin bros)
    Yeah buddy!! Keep on thrashing those legs!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Today's Hamstring workout was good, although I did have to switch a few things up as my lower back has been giving me some pain.. Pure stupidity as I did that dead lift drop set last week without a belt.. Now I'm paying for it.. Not to worry as I'm still very functional.. I started with heavy lay down leg curls, then moved on to fall forwards, Hammer Strength Leg Curls and then ended with Lay Down Alternates.. Hammy's were pumped! Moved on to heavy calf raises on the leg press, seated calf raises, and then alternate calf raises.. On to Abs! Back in the saddle with a TON of wind shields, hanging leg raises, machine crunches, cable crunches and ended with ax cutters.. I even went through some quarter turns at the very end as it is now time to implement some posing into my routine in lieu of the upcoming show... I just ate my 6th meal of the day and I'm exhausted... Off to bed!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10) richieid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Love hitting legs . Thankfully I've never slacked about it. Motivation is not wanting chicken legs

Originally Posted by richieid View Post
    Love hitting legs . Thankfully I've never slacked about it. Motivation is not wanting chicken legs
    That's all the motivation you need right there! I used to have them... Never again!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fellfromthesun has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I beat the hell out of my legs BAD. IT feels great.

Originally Posted by fellfromthesun View Post
    I beat the hell out of my legs BAD. IT feels great.
    Wheels of Steel!!! Nice work!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Impression360 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Used smith machine to do squats until i felt i was ready to use squatrack.. Due to no spotter... On smith machine 215 for 6 reps... Yesterday was first day on squat rack... 135 for 3 sets... Big difference.. Was drenched in sweat... Also did leg press before squata.. New PF of 410 for 6 reps. Woo.. took today off so tomorrow i can do lunges and calfs

Originally Posted by Impression360 View Post
    Used smith machine to do squats until i felt i was ready to use squatrack.. Due to no spotter... On smith machine 215 for 6 reps... Yesterday was first day on squat rack... 135 for 3 sets... Big difference.. Was drenched in sweat... Also did leg press before squata.. New PF of 410 for 6 reps. Woo.. took today off so tomorrow i can do lunges and calfs
    Atta boy! a lot of people hate of the smith machine... I swear by it! I think it's a great tool to help prevent injury and isolate the muscle.. Clearly you're feeling the effects of utilizing it correctly! Nice work! Keep at it!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Had another great night at the gym training Hamstrings, Calves and Abs... Three areas that I have known that I need to improve and have been hammering for the last 10 months! I run pretty hot and cold on progress... some days are better than others.. But that's the beauty of this lifestyle.. The fact that you are constantly bettering yourself.. One may have certain goals, but once those goals are reached, you can't just say "ok, I'm done!", if you're like me you will want to take it to the next level... There is always another level! Always remain hungry, consistent, accountable and true to yourself... It's amazing what you'll be able to do! A lot of people come up to me like I'm "different", but I'm no different than anyone else.. I simply abide by those 4 words above and slowly continue to better myself... You can too!!

Leg Curls: 15, 12, 10, 8
    Dead Lifts: 10, 10, 8, 6
    Fall Forwards: 10, 10, 10
    Lying Alternate Leg Curl: 10, 10, 10

Seated Calf Raise: 25, 18, 15, 12, 12
    Standing Calf Raise: 25, 20, 15, 12, 12
    Alternate Calf Raise: 20, 20, 20

Wind Shield Wipers: 15, 15, 12, 10
    Leg Lifts: 10, 8, 8, 8
    Decline Side to Side's / Sit Ups: 20, 20, 20
    Cable Crunches: 12, 12, 10, 10
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

I love ***** and mods nothingto's Avatar
    nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000) nothingto is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to be a top lifter (even since 2 weeks ago). My legs were OK, mostly because of the testosterone/GH that prob made my legs bigger even though I didn't really ever make an effort to train them.

But now, I train them religiously once or twice a week, or whenever that soreness goes away, because DAMN, that soreness kills, and it just fuels me up with accomplishment.

Leg day, that feel when you're pumped in your legs, and you feel all that mass of muscles when you flex. But never go unbalanced... Go ANIMAL on legs/lower body, and BEAST on upper body.

I'm embarassed to say I never really did squats with weights/plates until a week ago, and I gotta say it makes your glutes/thighs burn. But it's all worth it when you see and feel the accomplishments. But, it's the Smith Machines (i think thats what they call it?) which has wires connected, since I didn't want to cause injuries prematurely. But I will soon def graduate to the squat rack.
    Last edited by nothingto; 02-21-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    Reps for life: Free Wieghts Friedel

Originally Posted by nothingto View Post
    I used to be a top lifter (even since 2 weeks ago). My legs were OK, mostly because of the testosterone/GH that prob made my legs bigger even though I didn't really ever make an effort to train them.

But now, I train them religiously once or twice a week, or whenever that soreness goes away, because DAMN, that soreness kills, and it just fuels me up with accomplishment.

Leg day, that feel when you're pumped in your legs, and you feel all that mass of muscles when you flex. But never go unbalanced... Go ANIMAL on legs/lower body, and BEAST on upper body.

I'm embarassed to say I never really did squats with weights/plates until a week ago, and I gotta say it makes your glutes/thighs burn. But it's all worth it when you see and feel the accomplishments. But, it's the Smith Machines (i think thats what they call it?) which has wires connected, since I didn't want to cause injuries prematurely. But I will soon def graduate to the squat rack.
    Awesome!!! Any I'l be the first to say that there is nothing wrong with the Smith Machine.. It's great for many different lifts and can really isolate muscles... I love doing lunges on the smith and it rips my legs apart every time! Keep banging away at those wheels big man! thanks for sharing!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xRedfern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    Awesome!!! Any I'l be the first to say that there is nothing wrong with the Smith Machine.. It's great for many different lifts and can really isolate muscles... I love doing lunges on the smith and it rips my legs apart every time! Keep banging away at those wheels big man! thanks for sharing!
    My gym doesnt actually have a squat rack so i can only use the smith machine, im glad to hear there doesnt seem to be any detrimental affects by not using a squat rack, i still get a nasty burn for a few days after ive worked the smith machine!

Originally Posted by xRedfern View Post
    My gym doesnt actually have a squat rack so i can only use the smith machine, im glad to hear there doesnt seem to be any detrimental affects by not using a squat rack, i still get a nasty burn for a few days after ive worked the smith machine!
    As far as I'm concerned, you're good my friend... I have had success doing what I'm doing and am one of few that can say that I never really have any back pain to speak of... Being a bodybuilder at 6'3, I consider myself fortunate.. Keep on the grind!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iamgrimm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tomorrow is Day40: Legs. It's gonna be hell. I normally look forward to Leg day, but this one has me a little anxious.

Superset Leg press / Squats for 3 sets in the 22-25, and 8-10 rep range respectively.
    Superset seated and standing hamstring curls in the 18-20 and 8-10 rep ranges
    Hack Squats for 3 sets of 20-30 reps
    Finishing off with single leg extensions for 3 sets at 20/10/5 reps.

I've done the workout before, but it's been a few weeks since doing squats, so drained after today's chest/tricep routine. Gotta get my head in the right place to get myself through this tomorrow morning.

Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500) Ataraxia60 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Had my first real leg day on Tuesday. Still sore haha. Hard as hell walking up and down the stairs and pain in general. Feels good man. Can't wait 'till I get some more conditioning so I can slay my legs.

Originally Posted by iamgrimm View Post
    Tomorrow is Day40: Legs. It's gonna be hell. I normally look forward to Leg day, but this one has me a little anxious.

Superset Leg press / Squats for 3 sets in the 22-25, and 8-10 rep range respectively.
    Superset seated and standing hamstring curls in the 18-20 and 8-10 rep ranges
    Hack Squats for 3 sets of 20-30 reps
    Finishing off with single leg extensions for 3 sets at 20/10/5 reps.

I've done the workout before, but it's been a few weeks since doing squats, so drained after today's chest/tricep routine. Gotta get my head in the right place to get myself through this tomorrow morning.
    Hope it all turned out like it was supposed to my friend! I'm sure it did... Mental toughness and physical strength go hand in hand...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com