Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Legs done. Walking funny. Well worth it.
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. -Churchill

Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50)

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BoSox86 View Post
    Always been intimidated by legs. I am coming back from a serious injury (motorcycle accident), and decided its time to suck it up and learn how to squat properly. Before it was just leg extensions and hammy curls, now its hack squats, squats, and stiff legged deadlifts.. I am doing Dr. Layne Nortons PHAT program, and did my full lower body day on Friday.. It's time for lower body hypertrophy today (and I am amped!!), but my quads are still sore (mild). I couldnt walk all weekend... Is it ok to go ahead and do legs again today, I have read in this forum that it's better to crawl then walk then run, and I'd like to not hurt myself. I have increased my protein intake today and got an extra hour of sleep as reccomended.
    Thoughts? And thanks for the motivation!!
    Legs done. Walking funny. Well worth it.

Atta boy!! Glad to hear that you have not let the injury get the best of you... It's so easy to get in a rut when that happens.. BTW Norton is a stud and knows his stuff... And if you're walking funny then you did it right!!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by crosso View Post
    Spent the first year of training hardly hitting my legs, focused on them this year and theyve exploded. Literally. Stretch marks all down my inner thighs, off to train legs right now
    I too have stretch marks on my thighs.. Isn't it funny what we appreciate in this lifestyle.. To me they are marks of progress!! Cheers mate!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Originally Posted by Qwista View Post
    This thread rocks!!
    Thanks big man! It has come a long way.. There are certain a lot of us out there on the same page that share the same passion for punishing the wheels!
    Awesome video BTW!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    Atta boy!! Glad to hear that you have not let the injury get the best of you... It's so easy to get in a rut when that happens.. BTW Norton is a stud and knows his stuff... And if you're walking funny then you did it right!!
    Appreciate it! This thread def motivates me! Today is chest and arms, so feel free to start a motivator for that

I can't believe how many plates dude in the video is hack squatting... absurd..
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. -Churchill

Registered User BB-archeologist's Avatar
    BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Leg Day Yesterday

Supersets - Lunges and Leg Curls

Supersets - Squats and Leg Extensions

Supersets - Barbell Calves and Donkey Calves

Then climbed this 12,000 foot mountain (Mt. Moriah)
    DSCN1060.jpg

It was a good day...sore.
    2014 MR. ALASKA - PRO

Natural Pro Bodybuilder

"Flannel is more than a material, it's a lifestyle."

Appreciate it! This thread def motivates me! Today is chest and arms, so feel free to start a motivator for that

I can't believe how many plates dude in the video is hack squatting... absurd..
    Agreed! Let me know if you start that thread! I'll tune in fo sho!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by BB-archeologist View Post
    Leg Day Yesterday

Supersets - Lunges and Leg Curls

Supersets - Squats and Leg Extensions

Supersets - Barbell Calves and Donkey Calves

Then climbed this 12,000 foot mountain (Mt. Moriah)
    Attachment 4947003

It was a good day...sore.
    Atta boy! I've seen your wheels on stage... LEGIT!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Today I dabbled with utilizing the smith machine as a vertical leg press... I was actually a bit surprised as I thought it would be a bit more stressful on my back... I didn't go very heavy, I topped out at 3 plates and a 25 on each side for 10 as I was merely wanting to get a feel for it... I definitely felt it hitting my quads... I can already feel my legs are a bit sore in areas that aren't usually sore.. I think that it could possibly be a great support workout.. I'm still going to start things off with squats and hack squat.. But all in all, I did like it...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Darren, in Layne Norton's PHAT program he has a few diff calf excercises, one being a donkey calf raise. This isnt a possibility cause I don't have a belt at the moment. I have been using the leg press machine, sitting calf raises, and a machine that you sit at and point your toes out (forget the name). Is this sufficient until I can grab a belt? Or are there a few other calf excercises I should be hitting to get good strength and growth gains? Thanks!

Darren, in Layne Norton's PHAT program he has a few diff calf excercises, one being a donkey calf raise. This isnt a possibility cause I don't have a belt at the moment. I have been using the leg press machine, sitting calf raises, and a machine that you sit at and point your toes out (forget the name). Is this sufficient until I can grab a belt? Or are there a few other calf excercises I should be hitting to get good strength and growth gains? Thanks!
    Hey buddy! I think that the machines available will certainly suffice until you grab a belt... If you think that you are not quite getting the burn you think you should be getting, you can always consider super setting or even tri setting.. I've done that in the past and have really got em good doing that... Another really good machine to utilize if you're looking to go heavy is the leg press for calf raises... Let me know your thoughts..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) straitman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great job outline for us. Seen lots of big guys exercising the upper body and living the legs not worked out at all. Chicken legs hahaha classic

Originally Posted by straitman View Post
    Great job outline for us. Seen lots of big guys exercising the upper body and living the legs not worked out at all. Chicken legs hahaha classic
    So true... Almost a disease! Hopefully this thread will change people's outlook and make them want to go smash the wheels!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Hey buddy! I think that the machines available will certainly suffice until you grab a belt... If you think that you are not quite getting the burn you think you should be getting, you can always consider super setting or even tri setting.. I've done that in the past and have really got em good doing that... Another really good machine to utilize if you're looking to go heavy is the leg press for calf raises... Let me know your thoughts..
    Power lower body day was sunday, and I loved it. I did seated calf raises, auxilary calf machine, and standing calf raises. Def got a mean burn going. My first lower body power day I couldn't really walk for 3 days, now they have become accustomed and I look forward to weds hypertrophy legs day. I doubled down on my BCAAS via purple wraath on leg days, and I take a cold shower immediately after my workout (which might be a placebo effect, but IMO helps). My squat has already gone up drastically, as well as hammy curls and leg extensions. Hack squats are still my least favorite thing in the world besides when my wife watches real housewives.

Power lower body day was sunday, and I loved it. I did seated calf raises, auxilary calf machine, and standing calf raises. Def got a mean burn going. My first lower body power day I couldn't really walk for 3 days, now they have become accustomed and I look forward to weds hypertrophy legs day. I doubled down on my BCAAS via purple wraath on leg days, and I take a cold shower immediately after my workout (which might be a placebo effect, but IMO helps). My squat has already gone up drastically, as well as hammy curls and leg extensions. Hack squats are still my least favorite thing in the world besides when my wife watches real housewives.
    LOL... Funny on the ol hack squat..
    Everything else looks and sounds great! PW is great for recovery.. I pretty much drink it all day long now.. I killed the calves today as well as my hammy's.. Heavy deads today.. I like the idea of the cold shower.. nice work!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squatted 315 for 10 sets of 10 yesterday, not sure why but I just wanted to see if I could, it's a mental game for me.

Legs are pretty sore.
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) houstonrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)

in

in ...marked

Hypertrophy Legs Day Today.. Getting excited. Good work to everyone crushing legs this week! Keep it up, you're helping to motivate me!

jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000) jordanair45 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hack squats, leg curls, leg press and calf raises in 2 hours..can't wait
    "The more I began to lift weights, the more I became addicted to the feeling of being bigger and stronger."

Originally Posted by jordanair45 View Post
    Hack squats, leg curls, leg press and calf raises in 2 hours..can't wait

T - 2 hrs... Get it!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Squatted 315 for 10 sets of 10 yesterday, not sure why but I just wanted to see if I could, it's a mental game for me.

Legs are pretty sore.
    10 x 10 requires mental toughness fo sho! Nice work big man... I know I've said this before, but that's very respectable tossing that kind of weight around at 6'6..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Hypertrophy Legs Day Today.. Getting excited. Good work to everyone crushing legs this week! Keep it up, you're helping to motivate me!
    Yeah buddy!!! Ain't nuthin but a peanut!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Yeah buddy!!! Ain't nuthin but a peanut!!
    So followed hypertrophy more along the lines of what Layne Norton says. Gave myself no more than 20 seconds between sets and by the end of the legs hypo day I was waddling out of the gym like I dropped something in my pants... Muay Thai and F.I.G.H.T should be interesting tonight..

TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This photo is what I always think of when it comes to motivation with leg workouts:
    []---[] Equipment Crew #78 []---[]

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #24 []---[]

HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10) HerbieJ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^True Story... Frick, It's my leg day today

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10 x 10 requires mental toughness fo sho! Nice work big man... I know I've said this before, but that's very respectable tossing that kind of weight around at 6'6..
    Thanks bro! Box squats and a huge belt really help me out.

Trying the German Volume Training (GVT) workout, so been doing 100 reps of everything and the White Flood by Controlled Labs is really helping me get a nice pump. The BCAAs they have I can't seem to stomach, might just be the grape flavor, but I can't do it.
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

So followed hypertrophy more along the lines of what Layne Norton says. Gave myself no more than 20 seconds between sets and by the end of the legs hypo day I was waddling out of the gym like I dropped something in my pants... Muay Thai and F.I.G.H.T should be interesting tonight..
    How'd it go??
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Thanks bro! Box squats and a huge belt really help me out.

Trying the German Volume Training (GVT) workout, so been doing 100 reps of everything and the White Flood by Controlled Labs is really helping me get a nice pump. The BCAAs they have I can't seem to stomach, might just be the grape flavor, but I can't do it.
    I'll have to check out that workout! Also, as far as the PW goes.. I have never been to big on the grape flavor, Lemonade is the way to go fo sho!! You will never go back!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by TheDude8734 View Post
    This photo is what I always think of when it comes to motivation with leg workouts:
    Originally Posted by HerbieJ View Post
    ^True Story... Frick, It's my leg day today
    really doesn't get much better than that! And I would believe that it is indeed a true story!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com