Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    JonnyArntz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyArntz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyArntz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyArntz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JonnyArntz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    Hamstrings are thrashed from yesterday! Must have done something right...
    Hard work.......
    Attached Images

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JonnyArntz View Post
    Hard work.......
    Amazing photo!! Dry as a bone!!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Quads, calves and abs today... I got to the gym pretty late due to having to sign a bunch of paperwork for my house.. I really needed the gym tonight if anything to relieve some mental stress.. I started out pre exhausting on the leg extension and then went straight to the leg press for some war on the wheels! Followed up with lunges and then back to the leg extension for some burn outs.. Dead as Disco!! I also went super heavy on the calves and did two extra sets of windshield wipers... Smashed it!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hit legs hard this summer, added a mass gainer to my workout, started in May at 405 lbs for one rep.

Using a belt for the first time, as well as box squats - yes the box is low enough. After two months I managed to do 405 for 5 sets of 5 and at another workout for 7 reps.

I tried to go on a 'cut' and then I was flying around the states trying to land a job. Came back and my lifts were back down to 405 for about one rep.

Bought the mass gainer again, and the last four leg day workouts were 5x5@315, 5x5@350, 5x5@365, 5x5@390. Trying to finally get back up to 5x5@405.

/story
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Hit legs hard this summer, added a mass gainer to my workout, started in May at 405 lbs for one rep.

Using a belt for the first time, as well as box squats - yes the box is low enough. After two months I managed to do 405 for 5 sets of 5 and at another workout for 7 reps.

I tried to go on a 'cut' and then I was flying around the states trying to land a job. Came back and my lifts were back down to 405 for about one rep.

Bought the mass gainer again, and the last four leg day workouts were 5x5@315, 5x5@350, 5x5@365, 5x5@390. Trying to finally get back up to 5x5@405.

/story
    Nice work!! Hat's off to you hitting that much weight for being 6'6... I thought I had it rough at 6'3...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think the reason why people skip legs is because they go to hard to quickly. What the should do is start with squats and deadlifts and then after they get good with those they should look into isolation moves.

That's how I'm starting(doing starting strength). I used to hate squats, I realized I was using too much weight. Now that I've started from the ground I've built my way up pretty quickly and enjoy squatting. Also hiit cardio will wreck your legs.

I know many of you guys will disaprove but start small on your legs then when you get a good base with them blast them phucking hard.

Squat 3x a week

Originally Posted by Swinea93 View Post
    I think the reason why people skip legs is because they go to hard to quickly. What the should do is start with squats and deadlifts and then after they get good with those they should look into isolation moves.

That's how I'm starting(doing starting strength). I used to hate squats, I realized I was using too much weight. Now that I've started from the ground I've built my way up pretty quickly and enjoy squatting. Also hiit cardio will wreck your legs.

I know many of you guys will disaprove but start small on your legs then when you get a good base with them blast them phucking hard.

Squat 3x a week
    Great advice and I do agree... I think that everyone has to have the right mindset going in to leg day... I try to pace myself through my leg training and feel that starting slow definitely gets me to some pretty high points during my training... I'll admit I've been guilty of just running in and smashing things right from the get go... I think it really depends on your mindset on that day...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swinea93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad you agree. I also feel that anyone who works legs needs to squat with the olympic barbell. Keep it simple.

Originally Posted by Swinea93 View Post
    Glad you agree. I also feel that anyone who works legs needs to squat with the olympic barbell. Keep it simple.
    One of the biggest mistakes that I see in the gym is the fact that often times people will try to walk before they crawl... I know that all of us can get impatient at times when striving to get that ideal physique, but keeping it simple and consistent is really the key.. If I had any advice at all to the younger generations entering the gym, it's to not bite off more than you can chew.. Stay consistent, hungry, motivated, keep coming back for more and good things will happen..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10) mcc0y is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I made a thread a few days ago about how I cut two tendons in my hand and I cant do heavy weights for 3 months. This leaves me to do legs twice a week, so this is a great motivator.

Originally Posted by mcc0y View Post
    I made a thread a few days ago about how I cut two tendons in my hand and I cant do heavy weights for 3 months. This leaves me to do legs twice a week, so this is a great motivator.
    I'm sorry to hear of you injury.. I'm glad to hear that you are able to stay positive and motivated! And if this thread helps then I know that the purpose of it is still working.. I sprained my wrist this time last year and was in the same situation, it sucks, but you can overcome it.. Keep killing those wheels!! Hope you heal up soon!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Currently running PHAT routine at home, so I have limited weight available; been doing Front Squats for my heaviest movement and my hypertrophy work later on in the week. Today was Lower Power day and since I'm off to university next week I thought I'd try some rep maxes to get an idea of my 1 rep max on Back squats.

Decided to try Low Bar squatting for the first time so I loaded up 107.5kg on the bar (most I can put on the bar at home) and decided to go for it. I wanted about 5 reps but I ended up squatting it for 12 easy reps. After that I high bar squatted the same weight for 8 reps.

Then I did my normal front squat work of 5x5 with 87.5kg and felt like trying a max, hit 100kg easily and then 107.5kg.

The only thing that was different really was the way I approached it; usually I end up shouting trying to psyche myself up before the lift but today I had a goal in mind and just did it. To anyone not wanting to do leg day, have a goal, go in and hit it; the minute you think you can't do it is the minute that you fail the lift.

Looking forward to being at a real gym and squatting heavy next week.

Originally Posted by Meadey View Post

Looking forward to being at a real gym and squatting heavy next week.
    Atta boy!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DylanTheVillian has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this is an awesome thread

Originally Posted by DylanTheVillian View Post
    this is an awesome thread
    Thanks!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think people enjoy doing things they're good at.
    I love doing legs, my legs are the only muscle group that I consider to have average genetics for it
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

Originally Posted by PhilNZ View Post
    I think people enjoy doing things they're good at.
    I love doing legs, my legs are the only muscle group that I consider to have average genetics for it
    That's a great statement and I agree with you.. I wish was that wise at 17... Props! Keep pushing hard big man!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    That's a great statement and I agree with you.. I wish was that wise at 17... Props! Keep pushing hard big man!!
    Haha thanks mate, keep up the good progress !
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

Originally Posted by PhilNZ View Post
    Haha thanks mate, keep up the good progress !
    Likewise! One of these days I want to make it down to NZ... You guys know how to do it down there! Cheers!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Cringles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started Legs 3 days ago. I cant walk.

Originally Posted by Cringles View Post
    I started Legs 3 days ago. I cant walk.
    That's what I like to hear!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Dead Lifts tomorrow! Mental prep begins NOW!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DeeBee1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Leg day for me is simplicity itself. I don't often 'feel the burn' with exercises. But leg day I sure do! There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you just tore big chunks into your quads <3
    North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand

BIG Goals

Originally Posted by DeeBee1 View Post
    Leg day for me is simplicity itself. I don't often 'feel the burn' with exercises. But leg day I sure do! There is nothing more satisfying than knowing you just tore big chunks into your quads <3
    So very true! Get em!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Today's hamstring, calves and abs workout was insane!! The guy that I'm wanting vengeance against did not get his card this last weekend which is music to my ears! That means I'll get another shot at him in the spring... Thats all I was thinking about today and I had an amazing workout! 405 on deads, 500 on calf raises.. Lets just say, my entire lower torso is numb!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

My legs hurt... That is all...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000) crosso is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Spent the first year of training hardly hitting my legs, focused on them this year and theyve exploded. Literally. Stretch marks all down my inner thighs, off to train legs right now

BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BoSox86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Always been intimidated by legs. I am coming back from a serious injury (motorcycle accident), and decided its time to suck it up and learn how to squat properly. Before it was just leg extensions and hammy curls, now its hack squats, squats, and stiff legged deadlifts.. I am doing Dr. Layne Nortons PHAT program, and did my full lower body day on Friday.. It's time for lower body hypertrophy today (and I am amped!!), but my quads are still sore (mild). I couldnt walk all weekend... Is it ok to go ahead and do legs again today, I have read in this forum that it's better to crawl then walk then run, and I'd like to not hurt myself. I have increased my protein intake today and got an extra hour of sleep as reccomended.
    Thoughts? And thanks for the motivation!!
    Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. -Churchill

Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50) Qwista will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This thread rocks!!

bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradmath1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Neglected squats for a while, no squat rack, now I squat 3x a week alternate front squat and back squats.
    Today is 1yr since I lifted first weights front squat-BW for 5x5. Back squat 220 5x5 hopefully in next few weeks I will get that 1.5xBW for 5x5
    BW=161lb this a.m.