Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sherx View Post
    It was Leg Day today!

Back Squat: 4 x 8-12
    Leg Press: 3 x 8-12
    Leg Extension: 3 x 8-12 (with a drop set of 10 reps after each heavy set)
    Good Morning: 3 x 8-12
    Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 8-12
    Seated Leg Curl: 3 x 8-12 (with a drop set of 10 reps after each heavy set)
    Barbell Walking Lunges: 3 x 20 steps followed immediately by 10 vertical bodyweight jumps

Almost collapsed to the ground when I tried putting weight on my legs while attempting to walk to the barbell after the leg extensions! It's been 7 hours since the work out and I can still feel my quads burning a bit, so I'm going to enjoy my rest day tomorrow

I tried Good Mornings out for the first time for something different. Replaced them in place of Stiff-legged Deadlifts. I liked them: felt a nice pump in my hamstrings afterwards. Definitely going to use them more often from now on
    Great looking leg day routine! As well as the after effects of that routine! Good mornings can be very effective if done correctly and it sounds like you hit the nail on the head based on what you said... And a wise rest day following.. Smart man!! Keep it up brother!! Cheers!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

carlosam14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    got my motivation with legs after I undestood it would help loosing fat

fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000) fitrepreneur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did a leg day today...feeling great.
    S&P Crew | Cologne Crew

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Darren, I love ya XD

You're like one of those fat preachers screaming at the top of his lungs about the sacred blessings and grace of Our Lord while wiping sweat from 'is face....except you're ****ing ripped and gorgeous, 'the lord' you preach is Leg Days, and you probably revel in being sweaty :P

Hope that made sense. It's definitely a compliment.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cohaku View Post
    Darren, I love ya XD

You're like one of those fat preachers screaming at the top of his lungs about the sacred blessings and grace of Our Lord while wiping sweat from 'is face....except you're ****ing ripped and gorgeous, 'the lord' you preach is Leg Days, and you probably revel in being sweaty :P

Hope that made sense. It's definitely a compliment.
    LMAO!! Totally taken as a compliment! Thanks buddy, your outlook is awesome!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Sunday morning Dead Lifts!! Gonna get me some!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10) IraqiVet is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Today, (the 5th for me. i am a MP stationed in the Republic of Korea) is my anniversary with my wife (she resides in washington). I got up at 0545 to get to the gym to do my squats and found a box with a laptop on top if it. It was my battlebuddies (shes my lifting partner that i work with). It had skype up with my wife on the other end, waiting for me to tell me happy anniversary and talk to me while i had time (knowing i had to work today). I just wanted to say thank you to my very beautiful and supporting wife and a special thanks to my battlebuddy. You guys keep me motivated and push me towards my goals, i am where i am because of you!

Originally Posted by IraqiVet View Post
    Today, (the 5th for me. i am a MP stationed in the Republic of Korea) is my anniversary with my wife (she resides in washington). I got up at 0545 to get to the gym to do my squats and found a box with a laptop on top if it. It was my battlebuddies (shes my lifting partner that i work with). It had skype up with my wife on the other end, waiting for me to tell me happy anniversary and talk to me while i had time (knowing i had to work today). I just wanted to say thank you to my very beautiful and supporting wife and a special thanks to my battlebuddy. You guys keep me motivated and push me towards my goals, i am where i am because of you!
    Amazing story big guy! You are a perfect example of someone that will NEVER be hindered in any way when it comes to the goals that you have set for yourself. Thanks for your great service to our country and I wish you the absolute best in achieving your goals. The world needs more people like you! Happy anniversary!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Hamstrings, Calves and abs today! You can bet your sweet ass that I got 405 on Dead Lifts for the first time EVER!! I'm telling you this Blue Stack is pushing me to great lengths and I'm loving every minute of it!! I feel stronger, bigger, leaner and almost unstoppable!! Training has been great lately.. I did a mean drop set on calves as well today and they are burning... Great day at the office!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

cumminapart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cumminapart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cumminapart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cumminapart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cumminapart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love when someone notices you limping and your reply can be "oh.. yea I did some squats and dead lifts the other day"

but I'm still guilty of having to TRY to keep my intensity up through my whole leg day! My motivation usually is pretty low until I start feeling that burn and then its on!
    .....reading this thread should help light that fire under my ass again!

Originally Posted by cumminapart View Post
    I love when someone notices you limping and your reply can be "oh.. yea I did some squats and dead lifts the other day"

but I'm still guilty of having to TRY to keep my intensity up through my whole leg day! My motivation usually is pretty low until I start feeling that burn and then its on!
    .....reading this thread should help light that fire under my ass again!
    Thanks for the kind words! This thread certainly has a way of getting the blood pumping for sure! Keep training hard my friend, looking great!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The great thing about Leg Day for me is that everyone else is doing chest/arms and I have all the racks and machines to myself

I've stopped looking at other people's arms/chest/back and now look at their legs! "Oh that guy totally doesn't hit his legs very much!"

The other week on leg day, I finished up my back squats (during one set, I literally went to exhaustion for the first time and had to abort and drop down to the safety rails :P ), leg presses and hack squats and moved on to leg extensions to completely burn them out. After the first extremely painful set, I went to grab the pin and lower the weight. I paused, called myself a sissy for even THINKING of making it easier and just pumped out another couple sets! Glad I did too, I wouldn't have been able to live myself.

Originally Posted by sherx View Post
    The great thing about Leg Day for me is that everyone else is doing chest/arms and I have all the racks and machines to myself

I've stopped looking at other people's arms/chest/back and now look at their legs! "Oh that guy totally doesn't hit his legs very much!"

The other week on leg day, I finished up my back squats (during one set, I literally went to exhaustion for the first time and had to abort and drop down to the safety rails :P ), leg presses and hack squats and moved on to leg extensions to completely burn them out. After the first extremely painful set, I went to grab the pin and lower the weight. I paused, called myself a sissy for even THINKING of making it easier and just pumped out another couple sets! Glad I did too, I wouldn't have been able to live myself.
    Awesome outlook!! It's amazing to me how much of a role the mind plays during training... It can make or break your workout without a doubt... And your right, there are always gonna be big guys, but the true test is how the legs look.. Keep up the good work!!

Cheers!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeditatingBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    once again, thanks to OP for this thread i found it months and months ago. Just hit legs tonight. still got massive quad pumps from me and my mate doing leg press dropsetting at the end of our workout for about 10min

Originally Posted by MeditatingBrah View Post
    once again, thanks to OP for this thread i found it months and months ago. Just hit legs tonight. still got massive quad pumps from me and my mate doing leg press dropsetting at the end of our workout for about 10min
    Yeah buddy! Glad you like the thread.. Drop sets are legit, especially on leg day! And if your killing it at 6'5, you have a long way to go up and down! Good work!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Drop sets on leg day... How have I not tried this yet?

Someone asked me what "exercise" I do for legs. After a good laugh, I told him what I did that day.

"So, do you do low weight, high volume with all of those (8 exercises...on a bad day)?"

"Nah, I'm not a pussy. High volume AND high weight. If you aren't on the verge of crying after a leg workout, then your routine needs work."

This addiction will kill me...but I love it!

Wrote this on my phone. Sorry for any auto-correct stupidity.

Drop sets on leg day... How have I not tried this yet?

Someone asked me what "exercise" I do for legs. After a good laugh, I told him what I did that day.

"So, do you do low weight, high volume with all of those (8 exercises...on a bad day)?"

"Nah, I'm not a pussy. High volume AND high weight. If you aren't on the verge of crying after a leg workout, then your routine needs work."

This addiction will kill me...but I love it!

Wrote this on my phone. Sorry for any auto-correct stupidity.
    Nice! High weight, high reps.. Chris Cormier style... It will hurt, but it will be well worth it!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Today was quads calves and abs.. I started out on the hack squat for a change and went pretty heavy! I got up to 5 plates on each side for 6 good, deep solid reps.. went heavy on the leg press along with heavy, quick set extensions.. I'm wounded! great ab workout too.. Photo shoot on the 9th.. gotta look good!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=147299813

If anyone has personal experience, I would love to hear it!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Bell yeah! Had a brilliant leg day! Finished it all off with drop set sumo squats. It burns!!!

TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheLK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm so hyped for my leg day tomorrow. I just got out of the gym but I can't f'cking wait to take my legs to the point they just want to explode.... Just knowing that basically no one in my gym besides me and my lifting partner know how to train legs properly makes it so much more worth it. COME AT ME LEG DAY!
    #NoDaysOff

Bell yeah! Had a brilliant leg day! Finished it all off with drop set sumo squats. It burns!!!
    Atta boy! I have never tried Sumo Squats and don't really have a reason why... Maybe I'll have to give em a shot!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by TheLK View Post
    I'm so hyped for my leg day tomorrow. I just got out of the gym but I can't f'cking wait to take my legs to the point they just want to explode.... Just knowing that basically no one in my gym besides me and my lifting partner know how to train legs properly makes it so much more worth it. COME AT ME LEG DAY!
    I love the passion you have buddy! You are right on point, keep it up.. Now you're motivating me to want to slam the wheels even though my Hammy's are trashed from the deads I did yesterday..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

I did deads and good mornings yesterday. didn't stop me!

sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sjd07 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    8 hours till leg day! gonna kill it! been lurking in this thread the last few weeks...

Will be fitting in some front squats to shock the system today
    www.aesthetic-era.com

I did deads and good mornings yesterday. didn't stop me!
    What can't kill you will only make you stronger...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EphNashYaBoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how are my legs looking?

Originally Posted by EphNashYaBoss View Post
    how are my legs looking?

Looking good man! You've got good separation coming in.. Do you compete?
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com