Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RippedFuture View Post
    My previous leg workout, on my way to the gym I felt like sleeping but I got in there, did my first set of Hack Squats and just woke up. For legs now I just go in with the mindset that there are a lot worse things that my life could be leading to than a leg workout right now , haha. Then just go till I feel the jelly.
    Thats it!! Go until you can't go any more! The mind tells the body what to do, you get your mind right and the rest is gravy!!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kmu View Post
    just did Leg Hypertrophy day on my PHAT routine

Started with Squats, then hack press, leg press, leg extension, deadlifts, lying leg curls, sitting leg curls and finished with some calve work!!!

I was already sore when I started the day from my leg power day on tuesday cant imagine how Im gonna feel tomorrow or the day after...

Been lifting for about 3 years and just did little to no legs, started doing some mild leg work 6 months ago and full blown leg workouts about 6 weeks ago!

Need them wheels to grow if I want the rest of the body to follow!!!
    You got the mind in the right place! I would like to say that it is going to get easy now, but it isn't.. But will it be worth it? Hell Yeah!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000) kkash is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ugh youre right... even though i feel like im gonna pass out several times, might as well push through
    Stats:
    Bench-45lb Squat-45lb Deadlift-45lb

*Always pick 7 crew*

Originally Posted by kkash View Post
    Ugh youre right... even though i feel like im gonna pass out several times, might as well push through
    Gotta push through! It's worth it in the end! I puked for the first time today.. It was gross, but I felt like I gave 110% when it was over!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50) EfficientLiver will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great stuff here.

I switched 1.5 years ago to only squats, lunges, and deadlift for legs. And only 1 legged jump rope for calves.

I've seen great results, my legs aren't as bulky as they used to be...but I like them more now.

I've been stretching my legs/lower back/hips for 10 minutes at the end of every workout. It ADDS to the great feeling the next days in an amazing way

(I suggest you try the stretching your legs thing for a week and see if you like it....I bet you will)

BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BMoehr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im starting to like working legs. It hurts so bad. I hate it; but I love it.

Originally Posted by EfficientLiver View Post
    Great stuff here.

I switched 1.5 years ago to only squats, lunges, and deadlift for legs. And only 1 legged jump rope for calves.

I've seen great results, my legs aren't as bulky as they used to be...but I like them more now.

I've been stretching my legs/lower back/hips for 10 minutes at the end of every workout. It ADDS to the great feeling the next days in an amazing way

(I suggest you try the stretching your legs thing for a week and see if you like it....I bet you will)
    I will try that for sure!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by BMoehr View Post
    Im starting to like working legs. It hurts so bad. I hate it; but I love it.
    It starts out that way, but you will end up finding yourself addicted to the feeling you get from a great leg workout... Mark my words!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10) echang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The amazing feeling knowing you killed it and can barely walk afterwards! ugh love it
    S/B/D - 390/270/475 - 1135

ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500) ANIM0SITY is not very helpful. (-500)
    is it normal for legs to get thrashed with doms from relatively low volume training?
    i typically only have to do 10 sets (including warmups) for my legs to begin shaking uncontrollably (squats + extensions/curls).
    then i walk retarded for the entire week and almost fall into the toilet every time i go to sit down lol.

how much volume do you guys have to put into leg day in comparison to upper body days?
    <------ current weight

age 16: 105 lbs 5-6%
    age 19: 171lbs 29% (worst diet imaginable)
    age 21: 145 16%

Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000) Getbig831 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lord knows i need this!

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ANIM0SITY View Post
    is it normal for legs to get thrashed with doms from relatively low volume training?
    i typically only have to do 10 sets (including warmups) for my legs to begin shaking uncontrollably (squats + extensions/curls).
    then i walk retarded for the entire week and almost fall into the toilet every time i go to sit down lol.

how much volume do you guys have to put into leg day in comparison to upper body days?
    I do fairly high volume, I'll admit. Squats, Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, leg extensions, hamstring curls, leg press, glute bridges glute-ham raises, calf raises with barbell, leg press, and the seated thingie.

If you stick to the same routine for a few weeks, eventually the extreme pain fades.
    "Do you have an erection, man?"

"I just broke a personal record on deadlift."

"And now I have an erection."

Originally Posted by Getbig831 View Post
    lord knows i need this!
    Yeah buddy! Welcome back to the green! Glad you like the thread!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by Cohaku View Post
    I do fairly high volume, I'll admit. Squats, Stiff-Leg Deadlifts, leg extensions, hamstring curls, leg press, glute bridges glute-ham raises, calf raises with barbell, leg press, and the seated thingie.

If you stick to the same routine for a few weeks, eventually the extreme pain fades.
    Originally Posted by ANIM0SITY View Post

He's got a point.. Our bodies do have the ability to adapt to whatever it is that we do.. On the flip side, you don't want to be sore all week.. You want to heal up and grow.. If you are sore for more than 2-3 days, you might want to back off just a tad.. Again, once your body adjusts then you can step on the gas!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lovin this thread!!

Registered User BB-archeologist's Avatar
    BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10) BB-archeologist is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hit the gym early yesterday morning for leg day before work. Started with heavy squats (405 for reps), moved to wide stance leg press, leg curls, duck squats, Leg Press Calves, Seated Calves, Single Leg Calves, and Good Mornings. Went to the gas station to get some coffee and my legs were shaking while waiting in line. THEN, I went out and put in a 10.5 mile hike, almost all of which was above 10,000 feet elevation. Needless to say the legs are utterly obliterated today, but that's what makes them grow, right.
    2014 MR. ALASKA - PRO

Natural Pro Bodybuilder

"Flannel is more than a material, it's a lifestyle."

sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to hate doing legs...now I love it! I love the pump during the work out. I love limping out the gym afterwards. I love feeling stiff for the days after the work out. All this because I KNOW that I've made a small step towards great over all gains

Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cohaku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It was driving me nuts because I seemed to have gained a bit of weight...obvious, because I'm on a bulk. But, the thing is that my waist hasn't grown. So why the bloody hell do my once loose jeans feel tighter?

Then it hit me....Squater's butt.

I have never been prouder of needing to break out the 'fat' jeans.

Originally Posted by BB-archeologist View Post
    Hit the gym early yesterday morning for leg day before work. Started with heavy squats (405 for reps), moved to wide stance leg press, leg curls, duck squats, Leg Press Calves, Seated Calves, Single Leg Calves, and Good Mornings. Went to the gas station to get some coffee and my legs were shaking while waiting in line. THEN, I went out and put in a 10.5 mile hike, almost all of which was above 10,000 feet elevation. Needless to say the legs are utterly obliterated today, but that's what makes them grow, right.
    Atta boy! I have seen your legs on stage and they are among the best I've ever seen bar none!! Now I can see how you got em to look so good!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by sherx View Post
    I used to hate doing legs...now I love it! I love the pump during the work out. I love limping out the gym afterwards. I love feeling stiff for the days after the work out. All this because I KNOW that I've made a small step towards great over all gains
    Good for you! You will be there before you know it!! Keep it up!!
    Cheers!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

It was driving me nuts because I seemed to have gained a bit of weight...obvious, because I'm on a bulk. But, the thing is that my waist hasn't grown. So why the bloody hell do my once loose jeans feel tighter?

Then it hit me....Squater's butt.

I have never been prouder of needing to break out the 'fat' jeans.
    Squatters Butt... I love it!!
    Your quote is pretty damn funny as well!! Reps!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10) Black66label is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The only way to started getting something out of legs was increasing the frequency of doing legs. I try to leg train two/three times a week. My legs dont get as sore because since I've increased my frequency of leg workouts, my legs have adapted. What sucks is in casual life, you cant show off your legs like you can your arms and chest.

Originally Posted by Black66label View Post
    The only way to started getting something out of legs was increasing the frequency of doing legs. I try to leg train two/three times a week. My legs dont get as sore because since I've increased my frequency of leg workouts, my legs have adapted. What sucks is in casual life, you cant show off your legs like you can your arms and chest.
    So true.... There is always natural bodybuilding! even that's only for a short period of time too though..
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Jgray1319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jgray1319 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's funny when you see someone that never works legs, but does everything for upper body. They look very weird. Leg Day do it big or go home!!!
    Lift with proper form or get the hell out of the GYM!!!

Originally Posted by Jgray1319 View Post
    It's funny when you see someone that never works legs, but does everything for upper body. They look very weird. Leg Day do it big or go home!!!
    There's a guy like this. I'll be the first to admit that by this website's standards I'm still in 'skinny *******' territory, and most likely always will be due to my bone structure AND my personal goals (Admitedly, the biggest I'd want to get is to fill up a size small (Which is now filled up by my gut alone :P). That being said, my arms are bigger than this guys calves. And my calves are actually bigger than my arms by an inch and a half XD

Originally Posted by Jgray1319 View Post
    There's a guy like this. I'll be the first to admit that by this website's standards I'm still in 'skinny *******' territory, and most likely always will be due to my bone structure AND my personal goals (Admitedly, the biggest I'd want to get is to fill up a size small (Which is now filled up by my gut alone :P). That being said, my arms are bigger than this guys calves. And my calves are actually bigger than my arms by an inch and a half XD
    Gotta train those wheels to complete the physique! If it were easy, everyone would do it!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10) myinnertrip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Today is legs day!

Almost one week bulking and my jeans arent loose anymore

Had a fairly good leg day to-day.

My Leg Press dropped...simply because it's a new gym and a new leg press machine. I think by my next day, I should be back to 400, and then I can head back to 500 (was at 550 at the old gym).

I am sad, I admit...I had to skip my glute exercises...partly exhaustion, and party because I need assistance, and no-one showed up.

That being said, I think I've finally got my ATG squat form perfect. That alone killed my glutes like nothing else.

Originally Posted by myinnertrip View Post
    Today is legs day!

Almost one week bulking and my jeans arent loose anymore
    Had a fairly good leg day to-day.

My Leg Press dropped...simply because it's a new gym and a new leg press machine. I think by my next day, I should be back to 400, and then I can head back to 500 (was at 550 at the old gym).

I am sad, I admit...I had to skip my glute exercises...partly exhaustion, and party because I need assistance, and no-one showed up.

That being said, I think I've finally got my ATG squat form perfect. That alone killed my glutes like nothing else.
    Yes and YES!!! Keep killing those wheels!!! Mine are toast from yesterday and I'll be gearing up for Dead's on Sunday... Gonna get it!!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10) sherx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It was Leg Day today!

Back Squat: 4 x 8-12
    Leg Press: 3 x 8-12
    Leg Extension: 3 x 8-12 (with a drop set of 10 reps after each heavy set)
    Good Morning: 3 x 8-12
    Lying Leg Curl: 3 x 8-12
    Seated Leg Curl: 3 x 8-12 (with a drop set of 10 reps after each heavy set)
    Barbell Walking Lunges: 3 x 20 steps followed immediately by 10 vertical bodyweight jumps

Almost collapsed to the ground when I tried putting weight on my legs while attempting to walk to the barbell after the leg extensions! It's been 7 hours since the work out and I can still feel my quads burning a bit, so I'm going to enjoy my rest day tomorrow

I tried Good Mornings out for the first time for something different. Replaced them in place of Stiff-legged Deadlifts. I liked them: felt a nice pump in my hamstrings afterwards. Definitely going to use them more often from now on