toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bench Press Hand Spacing

When you bench press I know your supposed to space out your hands pretty wide but on the machine at the gym im using you have to take the bar down/up with a close grip (hands at the edge of the rough/grip part) cos thats where the bar holders are. So if your pressing without a spotter how are you supposed to adjust your grip, especially after youve done a set? Is every machine like this or am I using a real crappily built one here?

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't use a ****ty machine.

xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It’s different for everyone. It’s really based on your strength vs. your weakness, and your body type.
    Wide grip = long arms, weak triceps, strong chest, broad shoulders
    Close grip = short arms, strong triceps, weak chest, narrow shoulders
    although, people say wide grip is harder on your shoulders it greatly reduces the ROM. people say it’s hard on your shoulders because when your hands are wide it’s hard to tuck your shoulder blades and keep the arch, so it results in shoulder problems IF you don’t do it right, but it’s not directly related.
    Close grip is going to be hard on the elbows and wrists.

But I guess when it comes right down to it, its different strokes for different folks and ultimately what you prefer. Just make sure whatever you chose to do you do it right so you don’t set yourself up for inevitable failure and injury.
    Best meet lifts (all raw): 865 squat, 565 bench, 720 deadlift.
    Best meet total: 2110

Gym lifts: 903 squat, 565 bench, 725 deadlift.

Instagram @bigfatfuk

brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonlee72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you don't have a spotter then when you feel like it's the last one you can phsyically get don't go for another rep but also push yourself

PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhilNZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toshicats View Post
    When you bench press I know your supposed to space out your hands pretty wide but on the machine at the gym im using you have to take the bar down/up with a close grip (hands at the edge of the rough/grip part) cos thats where the bar holders are. So if your pressing without a spotter how are you supposed to adjust your grip, especially after youve done a set? Is every machine like this or am I using a real crappily built one here?
    First of all, don't use machines, compound exercises (barbell benchpress) will definitely be more beneficial. Secondly, don't follow the exact adjustments for any machine because everyone is different and so are you, which will mean you'll have to always find your most comfortable position for the exercise. People recommend not closer than shoulder width for bench press or else the agonist muscle will be your triceps - which you don't want because you want to work your chest. So find the position you can comfortably push as heavy as you can on the bench press w/o going narrower than shoulder width. Good luck brah
    DeadL - 475lbs
    Squat - 420lbs
    Bench - 285lbs

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience." -Julius Caesar

strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xBONExCROWNx View Post
    It’s different for everyone. It’s really based on your strength vs. your weakness, and your body type.
    although, people say wide grip is harder on your shoulders it greatly reduces the ROM. people say it’s hard on your shoulders because when your hands are wide it’s hard to tuck your shoulder blades and keep the arch, so it results in shoulder problems IF you don’t do it right, but it’s not directly related.

But I guess when it comes right down to it, its different strokes for different folks and ultimately what you prefer. Just make sure whatever you chose to do you do it right so you don’t set yourself up for inevitable failure and injury.
    Nice post! on recharge young fella

Im 6'3 (77" reach) w/ a 29 -31" grip - have benched just over 500 for a few reps on a more than on occasion. But you're right about getting injured if you don't use the proper form.. I tore and strained something in both my pecs and my shoulders in the midst of the 3rd rep with 515 flat backed, flared bows, and pulling the bar higher up on my pecs in an attempt to bring up my upper pecs' strength. Somehow I still managed to get the rep up to lockout and racked, but after that it hurt even just to bench the bar, like when Goku over used the kaio ken technique the first time against Vegeta. lmao It cost me near $10,000 in hGH and other peptides to completely heal it up.

toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) toshicats has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Im not sure you guys have read my question properly..

Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Browning4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    machine?

xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by strangeclouds View Post

Im 6'3 (77" reach) w/ a 29 -31" grip - have benched just over 500 for a few reps on a more than on occasion. But you're right about getting injured if you don't use the proper form.. I tore and strained something in both my pecs and my shoulders in the midst of the 3rd rep with 515 flat backed, flared bows, and pulling the bar higher up on my pecs in an attempt to bring up my upper pecs' strength. Somehow I still managed to get the rep up to lockout and racked, but after that it hurt even just to bench the bar, like when Goku over used the kaio ken technique the first time against Vegeta. lmao It cost me near $10,000 in hGH and other peptides to completely heal it up.
    thats awesome man!! ive benched 505x1
    500x3 to a 3 inch board lol
    im 8 weeks out from a labrum surgery right now. football will be the death of me. i cant wait to get back on top of things
    Best meet lifts (all raw): 865 squat, 565 bench, 720 deadlift.
    Best meet total: 2110

Gym lifts: 903 squat, 565 bench, 725 deadlift.

Instagram @bigfatfuk

collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) collintech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xBONExCROWNx View Post

LOL rep this man! I am known b my friends just to do wide grip everything. I like the Idea of having that broad back and shoulders. I do wide grip bench lol i have long arms, weak triceps, strong chest, broad shoulders!! haahha repped

IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IPlayRugby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends.. Wider grip works your chest more and close grip works your triceps.

eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by strangeclouds View Post

You mean you had to pay your doctor 10,000 for the hgh and peptides =p. Got to be careful on these forums man
    "Friends may come and go, But a five hundred pound woman can never run from you."

eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) eatliftsleep94 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why are you benching on a machine?
    "Friends may come and go, But a five hundred pound woman can never run from you."

dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100)
    A) dont use a machine
    B) i go a little wider than shoulder width, works fine for me

RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippityMcRipple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pinkys on the rings, and i have long ass arms too, though having an arc helps with that

Jesus Christ guys. Will someone read my Q?

dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100) dudebrochill is not very well liked. (-100)
    dont use a machine./thread

avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000) avodo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You've recieved answers from some of the best benchers on this website. Your problem is caused by you using some stupid machine.