Thread: Loose Skin

whoscoke has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Loose Skin

Hello all
    Ive got a question, I was 254 and now im about 177, and i have alot of loose skin at the bottom of my waist line, has any had this problem before? and does the skin go back in time?

Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by whoscoke View Post
    Hello all
    Ive got a question, I was 254 and now im about 177, and i have alot of loose skin at the bottom of my waist line, has any had this problem before? and does the skin go back in time?
    It will snap back some over the course of the next six or so months. What you should do now (and should have been doing while losing the weight) is buy a scrub bush and scrub yourself fairly hard 2-4X a week in the shower in the areas with loose skin. This will remove the top layer of skin and then when you exit the shower rub a mixture of vitamin E oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil on your skin. I did this while losing over 100 lbs and had no loose skin.

CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CardinalRB34 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    skin loses a lot of elasticity when we start getting older. Hopefully you're young enough where it will tighten back up over time. I have no experience with excessive tight skin, but know a lot of people who have tried a lot of remedies. Most with no success. So my best guess is that the topical solutions will do very little in helping your skin tighten up... I think it will mostly depend on your age and if your skin still hasn't lost its elasticity. My best guess is, you'll be fine. You weren't that heavy to begin with and 77 pounds is a lot, but it's not an insane amount. Usually people who can't get their skin to tighten have lost 100+ pounds. good luck.
    "The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge, but Fools Despise Wisdom and Discipline." Proverbs 1:7

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by whoscoke View Post
    Hello all
    First thank you for your service!

Having lost 100 lbs myself, I can relate to the loose skin. I didn't use any topicals or scrub the shti out of the skin. Over time it has slowly gone away while I continue to lift heavy. I guess the only "broscience" I bought into was to drink plenty of water and green tea. I can't say if that worked or not. So basically keep
    lifting and wait it out and you should be ok judging from your AVI.

Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    It will snap back some over the course of the next six or so months. What you should do now (and should have been doing while losing the weight) is buy a scrub bush and scrub yourself fairly hard 2-4X a week in the shower in the areas with loose skin. This will remove the top layer of skin and then when you exit the shower rub a mixture of vitamin E oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil on your skin. I did this while losing over 100 lbs and had no loose skin.

I will try that, thanks for the help and congrats on losing over 100lbs

Originally Posted by CardinalRB34 View Post
    skin loses a lot of elasticity when we start getting older. Hopefully you're young enough where it will tighten back up over time. I have no experience with excessive tight skin, but know a lot of people who have tried a lot of remedies. Most with no success. So my best guess is that the topical solutions will do very little in helping your skin tighten up... I think it will mostly depend on your age and if your skin still hasn't lost its elasticity. My best guess is, you'll be fine. You weren't that heavy to begin with and 77 pounds is a lot, but it's not an insane amount. Usually people who can't get their skin to tighten have lost 100+ pounds. good luck.
    Not to young but not to old lol, im 35, didnt expect to lose that much but had to use alot of supplements because chow isnt that great or having any at all

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    First thank you for your service!

Having lost 100 lbs myself, I can relate to the loose skin. I didn't use any topicals or scrub the shti out of the skin. Over time it has slowly gone away while I continue to lift heavy. I guess the only "broscience" I bought into was to drink plenty of water and green tea. I can't say if that worked or not. So basically keep
    lifting and wait it out and you should be ok judging from your AVI.
    Thank you for that, congrats on the 100lbs loss, ill keep the training up, thank you for the help

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Genetics will play the biggest role in determining if your skin will bounce back. Some extremely obese people can have perfect skin after losing significant weight, while others may experience sag with very modest weight loss.

Dermabrasion, lotions, vitamins etc may or may not help, but trying couldn't hurt.

Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Genetics will play the biggest role in determining if your skin will bounce back. Some extremely obese people can have perfect skin after losing significant weight, while others may experience sag with very modest weight loss.

Dermabrasion, lotions, vitamins etc may or may not help, but trying couldn't hurt.
    I hope it goes back lol, funny how its the only spot that on my body that has it.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the same problem. From my heaviest to my lightest, I lost 119 lbs. The loose skin isn't going away. My approach is trying to fill it up with muscle. I'm about 40 lbs heavier than I was at my lightest weight, and there is still some hanging skin around my gut.

It sucks working so hard and still looking like a chewed up piece of bubble gum when I take my shirt off. But it beats the heck out of being obese.
    Last edited by jdtemple; 01-24-2012 at 05:57 AM.

mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mark74 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No adice to offer.

Here to say, "Well done."

williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50) williamteo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Loose skin affects us all at one time or another, even "skinny" old men like me. And it not always related to weight loss. Of course, age plays a part too. Loose skin can occur anywhere on the body, and not always in an obvious manner.

bump

ill take the lose skin over being fat again, im happy im not like that way no more, filling it with muscle sounds good to me lol

Originally Posted by mark74 View Post
    No adice to offer.

Here to say, "Well done."
    Thanks and well done to all that has made that change

Hey Mark74 its nice to see another fellow Arizona bud on here, cant wait to get back lol

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
    I have the same problem. From my heaviest to my lightest, I lost 119 lbs. The loose skin isn't going away. My approach is trying to fill it up with muscle. I'm about 40 lbs heavier than I was at my lightest weight, and there is still some hanging skin around my gut.

It sucks working so hard and still looking like a chewed up piece for bubble gum when I take my shirt off. But it beats the heck out of being obese.
    Man, I totally and utterly relate to every damn word in that post.
    I've got a load around my belly and back after losing 100lbs and I'm using an oil that women use after they've given birth and want to get rid of stretch marks. I figured the same thing as you though - that building muscle is going to be the best way to tighten it.
    I'm gonna try green tea as well.

voyager7429 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've got the same issue...lost over 100 pounds here and have loose skin all over the place...especially stomach and back area...this is one of the main reasons that I have started weight training to try and pull some of that in and fill it out with muscle development.

kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50) kenethleclair will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I lost 40m lbs n had the same problen but it went away.......gradually.........
    KEN LECLAIR

Egautreaux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hate to resurrect this post

But has there been any tightening over the past 3 years from any of you guys? I'm at the beginning of my journey with this. Down to 190 from 275 and all my fat is in my gut. It looks very deflated and saggy.

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lose it all and keep it off for a while. I say if it's not gone in a year, it isn't going away without surgery.