Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Ask a brah changing his entire life and going on an adventure of huge scale anything.

This world is focused on the wrong things. We sacrifice happiness, health, love, peace, all for money and status. We're taught from a young age that the most important thing in life is financial prosperity and to "succeed" at the goals we are given by others. The concept of freedom and true happiness is lost. Ask any of your friends or family if they've ever truly let go, and just followed their heart and dreams. The key to happiness isn't money, it isn't power or possessions, it's a state of mind brought on by following your own hopes and dreams, and nobody elses. The cookie cutter "American Dream" isn't a one size fits all option, yet the majority follow this to the letter, with no concern for what they truly want, just following what they feel they "should" want. Why do you think there are so many affairs, breakups, dysfunctional families etc?

Anyway enough of that... Yes I'm sure most people have stopped reading by now, fair enough I'm just a 22 year old kid like most of the rest of you.

I've always had a dream, of buying a motorbike, and riding around planet earth. Now I'm following this dream.

I've brought a BMW R1200 GS Motorbike. The top of the line adventure bike. Great carrying capacity, reliability, size, it's the perfect blend of on and offroad for me. Very expensive but worth every penny when your going to be spending a few years on it.

I've got just under $50,000 US to last me a few years. I've got a kit list for purchase as long as my arm, currently going through it buying equipment, checking reviews, testing etc...

Ask me anything, I'll answer any questions posted and I'm happy to give and take advice. Thanks guys, and take care. Plus I figure I'll use my reps everyday on quality posters in my thread, sure they're measly reps but it's the little things that count.

English Isn't my first language so my apologies if I don't always sound correct
    Last edited by NorthernSpirit; 01-20-2012 at 04:27 AM.

FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FreshStart12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sounds like fun man.

age 22 : $50,000 US to blow....strong wtf.
    -= BLACK AND GOLD =-
    => PITTSBURGH STEELERS <=
    => PITTSBURGH PENGUINS <=
    => PITTSBURGH PIRATES <=

RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where you heading?

NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50) NorthernSpirit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FreshStart12 View Post
    sounds like fun man.

age 22 : $50,000 US to blow....strong wtf.
    I'm a very lucky guy, forever grateful for my life.

..then I rocked the joint nail3r's Avatar
    nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000) nail3r is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Where did you get 50k?
    Sixteen year veteran of the misc, back after a 10-year hiatus.

Originally Posted by RFed View Post
    Where you heading?
    Currently from the UK into continental Europe, then I want to spend around 3 months crossing Europe via France Italy Switzerland Germany, then down to Greece and back up through Ukraine into Russia etc... Then I'm aiming to get to China somehow, I'm still working on this section as it's by far the hardest logistically, to cross Russia into China etc... Then eventually to Alaska via ship, then down through Canada, through the USA, through Mexico and down to the tip of south America.

Everything is up for change currently though, it's an absolute nightmare for planning.

Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Aamon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NorthernSpirit View Post
    We're taught from a young age that the most important thing in life is financial prosperity
    Which is the only reason you can even do this?

I agree but it's just a tad hypocritical.

theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) theendisnear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    why this and not backpacking?

Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not sure if trolling because of this

this show is phucking amazing

part 1
    *I'm taller than Charizard Crew*
    I always pick #5 crew
    rep James on sight for life crew

Originally Posted by Aamon View Post

The thing is it's something that's possible on even a small budget. All you need is the funds for a decent motorcycle, basic kit, and enough for fuel to get you around. It's even possible to work odd jobs as you travel for perpetual funding.

I'm doing it on a very good budget admittedly, but it's not something that's unattainable for anyone in western Europe/US/Auz etc... Saving, making it a financial priority, etc... Anything is possible with the right mindset.

Not to mention it doesn't take a huge trip like this to follow your heart. For years I've always spent a few months a year hiking around Europe in the mountains and forests on a shoestring budget, it's possible for all of us on this forum guys. It's all about priorities.

b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000) b0ngman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    cool **** brah i will subscribe.... I hope u do this

RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50) RFed will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kibbutz View Post
    Yeah, they're doing a new one soon

Originally Posted by Kibbutz View Post
    not sure if trolling because of this

part 1
    Huge inspiration right there buddy, was a fantastic watch. Charlie Boorman still does solo trips regularly and a lot has been filmed etc... I think they're doing a "long way up" from the tip of South America northwards I believe. May be wrong.

Originally Posted by theendisnear View Post
    why this and not backpacking?
    I spent 6 years backpacking around Europe. Both city hopping and wilderness backpacking. I'm looking for a new adventure.

BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000) BeardBrahhh is a name known to all. (+5000)

Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    first page. make a youtube VLOG of this OP, make a lil money so you can sustain ur adventure indefinitely. good luck. I liked ur other thread...
    Spoiler alert; you die at the end.

Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Kibbutz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by NorthernSpirit View Post
    Huge inspiration right there buddy, was a fantastic watch. Charlie Boorman still does solo trips regularly and a lot has been filmed etc... I think they're doing a "long way up" from the tip of South America northwards I believe. May be wrong.
    yeh i have seen a few of his shows, would watch anymore shows they do
    *I'm taller than Charizard Crew*
    I always pick #5 crew
    rep James on sight for life crew

pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    this you OP?
    guy has the same mentality as you
    -BALTIMORE RAVENS-ORIOLES-TCUFOOTBALL-SPURS-
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*
    "Ever love someone so much you'd do anything for them? Well.. Make that someone your self and do whatever the hell you want." Harvey S.

Originally Posted by BeardBrahhh View Post
    Absolutely wonderful book and film buddy. Yes he was foolish and irresponsible, if he had planned it better and not gone full on hippie he could of had a wonderous time and returned to civilization when he felt it was time. Unfortunately his passion killed him in the end. It's a shame, as he had a truly beautiful mind.

aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aseablom has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    http://www.jamminglobal.com/

This guy has been doing this for awhile. His blog is fuarking epic. Tons of pictures and stories.

Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Seldini is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good for you OP, always nice to see someone following a dream

bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bbdude1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds awesome brah, I want to do this in the summer. Gonna leave my job and travel accross the US (no real desire to do the world right now). Hopefully by then my car will be paid off, and I will have about 10k to spend.

When you're going through California, let me know. If you don't look too creepy/serial-killer like, I will give you a couch to sleep on
    Bodybuilding literally saved my life.

Lift Starting/Current
    Squat 160/365
    Deadlift 150/455
    Bench 140/315
    DB Overhead Press 30's/85's

Originally Posted by HMFIC_BROWSIN View Post
    first page. make a youtube VLOG of this OP, make a lil money so you can sustain ur adventure indefinitely. good luck. I liked ur other thread...
    I've always been a photographer so I'll have my camera equipment with me the entire way (most likely a 7D for size/versatility, plus a couple of quality L series lenses) and I'm hoping to set up some form of blog that I can update regularly for friends/family/people who are interested in looking etc...

Satellite internet is expensive!

gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50) gritbro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    props to you
    will do an around the world travel when I am late twenties and have enough saved up. **** it, you will have the best time of your life, dont care if it costs me 60k.

Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000) Hrcules is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck brah, hope everything will go as planned (even though I can tell you, it wont.)

Originally Posted by gritbro View Post
    props to you
    will do an around the world travel when I am late twenties and have enough saved up. **** it, you will have the best time of your life, dont care if it costs me 60k.
    Exactly buddy. Life is for living.

Originally Posted by Hrcules View Post
    Good luck brah, hope everything will go as planned (even though I can tell you, it wont.)
    Trust me I know it won't! That's the joy of adventure, anything can and will happen, it's a beautiful humbling experience, you realize how small and insignificant you are in the vast scale of things, it helps you let go and accept what happens to you, and just make the best of every second. Because we don't know when our last will be.

Originally Posted by bbdude1988 View Post
    Sounds awesome brah, I want to do this in the summer. Gonna leave my job and travel accross the US (no real desire to do the world right now). Hopefully by then my car will be paid off, and I will have about 10k to spend.

When you're going through California, let me know. If you don't look too creepy/serial-killer like, I will give you a couch to sleep on
    Haha appreciated man. And good luck with your goals, I wish you all the best.

kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kryptonik has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol. ironically most of us don't have rich parents who fund our "adventures". we have to get jobs, and do this **** called work.

22 years old. spent 6 years backpacking. so you started that adventure when you were 16. and now you are going on a multi year, worldwide, motorcycle ride.

brb not graduating highschool
    brb still some how have 50K in the bank again, after backpacking for 6 years.
    **** you.
    yeah im mad.
    Misc Utah Crew
    c'mon son.

CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000) CROxMAG is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Aamon View Post

This. Your parents/ancestors did all that shyt so you could afford to do that. I'm just jelly though, GJDM. You're doing it right OP.
    | ☆☆☆UK Crew☆☆☆

Originally Posted by kryptonik View Post
    lol. ironically most of us don't have rich parents who fund our "adventures". we have to get jobs, and do this **** called work.

22 years old. spent 6 years backpacking. so you started that adventure when you were 16. and now you are going on a multi year, worldwide, motorcycle ride.

brb not graduating highschool
    brb still some how have 50K in the bank again, after backpacking for 6 years.
    **** you.
    yeah im mad.
    I graduated college sir.

I traveled on a shoestring budget camping and youth hostelling for 6 years working in the winters to enable my summer adventures.

I've worked since I was 13 years old.

I have a highly paid part time job that helps me put away lots of money whenever I need to. Guaranteed work and as much of it as I want. My living expenses are low.

Don't be mad bro. Be happy your from Utah, a prosperous state in a prosperous nation where you can work on your dreams. More than 80 percent of the rest of the world can say.

Originally Posted by CROxMAG View Post
    This. Your parents/ancestors did all that shyt so you could afford to do that. I'm just jelly though, GJDM. You're doing it right OP.
    It isn't family money.

leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50) leadnsteel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol, just don't go to Mexico with a 50,000 bike if you know what's good for you.