Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

does soda effect the food you eat?

i've read about how soda is acidic. can drinking it with say a steak effect how your body digests the protein in it?

probably a silly question. just curious.

TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you sir are correct, that is a silly question. soda is no where near as acidic ad stomach acid. your overthinking little things.
    You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week.

It'd be like preparing your entire life to bang 100 chicks in a row, getting tan, hitting the gym, making sure your hair looks right and reading the Kama Sutra, only to realize when you get there that you're gay and cannot get hard in the presence of women.

Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mogambo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yea i just wanted some confirmation that i was over thinking it. thanks.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    i've read about how soda is acidic. can drinking it with say a steak effect how your body digests the protein in it?

probably a silly question. just curious.
    This is actually a very good question. Most soda contains chemicals that form 1,4 butyl-isopeptyl hydrogen bonds with amino acids with acidic and basic side chains. This in effect coats the protein and prevents proteolytic enzyme access. But get this, if you slather your steak with a bottle of ketchup or KC masterpiece BBQ sauce like Ronnie Coleman does, you can prevent this inhibition from occurring and allow the dilutional effect and mixing to run its course. Ronnie was definitely on to something. No wonder he's so ****ing swole.

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rhizome View Post
    This is actually a very good question. Most soda contains chemicals that form 1,4 butyl-isopeptyl hydrogen bonds with amino acids with acidic and basic side chains. This in effect coats the protein and prevents proteolytic enzyme access. But get this, if you slather your steak with a bottle of ketchup or KC masterpiece BBQ sauce like Ronnie Coleman does, you can prevent this inhibition from occurring and allow the dilutional effect and mixing to run its course. Ronnie was definitely on to something. No wonder he's so ****ing swole.
    can you please post a peer-reviewed journal to back up your claim.

just the abstract will be fine. I dont actually read the whole paper.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TomBremner is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im gonna be honest, you lost me.

oh and im sure its the ketchup and not the cell tech.
    You are not a fragile ornament ready to collapse into an exhausted mass of goo simply because you squatted more than once in a 7-day week.

It'd be like preparing your entire life to bang 100 chicks in a row, getting tan, hitting the gym, making sure your hair looks right and reading the Kama Sutra, only to realize when you get there that you're gay and cannot get hard in the presence of women.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bull****...

Your lack of biochemistry amuses me...but I shall let you continue...
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    bull****...

Your lack of biochemistry amuses me...but I shall let you continue...
    I could go toe to toe with you on any biochem or physiology topic and absolutely mop the floor with you (srs).

Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    can you please post a peer-reviewed journal to back up your claim.

just the abstract will be fine. I dont actually read the whole paper.
    I think these before and after pictures provide unequivocal proof. How can you argue with that?

I think these before and after pictures provide unequivocal proof. How can you argue with that?

so your telling me ketchup did this??? im skeptical

well i think i'm more confused now than before making this thread.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I could go toe to toe with you on any biochem or physiology topic and absolutely mop the floor with you (srs).
    Bring it...
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    Bring it, troll...
    Describe to me the "end replication problem" and explain why human telomeres shorten 50-200 bps per PD. You can google ranger your way to the first but you need to know a little something about DNA replication and how the G-tail is created to answer the latter. You have 2 minutes starting now.

EDIT: you fail as I expected

Answer: You can google "end replication problem" to educate yourself on that. Telomeres shorten more than what the "end replication problem" would predict due solely to failure to fully replicate the entire length of DNA because the C-strand is resected to create the resulting G-tail. You can redeem yourself if you can tell me the exo or endonuclease(s) that performs the resection.
    Last edited by rhizome; 01-20-2012 at 07:01 PM.

lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lakerzfan07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So what you mean is if you want soda with your steak, but don't want to prevent proteolytic enzyme access you have to slather it with ketchup?

braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Describe to me the "end replication problem" and explain why human telomeres shorten 50-200 bps per PD. You can google ranger your way to the first but you need to know a little something about DNA replication and how the G-tail is created to answer the latter. You have 2 minutes starting now.

EDIT: you fail as I expected

Answer: You can google "end replication problem" to educate yourself on that. Telomeres shorten more than what the "end replication problem" would predict due solely to failure to fully replicate the entire length of DNA because the C-strand is resected to create the resulting G-tail. You can redeem yourself if you can tell me the exo or endonuclease(s) that performs the resection.

Oh oh, can I play too?!

TRF1 and TRF2 are the presumed helicases (perhaps) that form the t-loops that wind the G-rich strand around the shorter C-rich strand. Are you talking about SIRT6?
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Oh oh, can I play too?!

TRF1 and TRF2 are the presumed helicases (perhaps) that form the t-loops that wind the G-rich strand around the shorter C-rich strand. Are you talking about SIRT6?
    TRF1 and TRF2 lack canonical helicase domains but they do associate with and activate Werner syndrome and Bloom syndrome helicases. TRF2 but not TRF1 can compact chromatin and induce supercoiling which produces torsional stress, unwinding and subsequent strand invasion to form the t-loop..

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You guys just reminded me how much I hated my microbiology etc units. A,T,G,C strands and all the crap replication stuff and issues

Glad it's all done

t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    TRF1 and TRF2 lack canonical helicase domains but they do associate with and activate Werner syndrome and Bloom syndrome helicases. TRF2 but not TRF1 can compact chromatin and induce supercoiling which produces torsional stress, unwinding and subsequent strand invasion to form the t-loop..
    strong random topic.

skepticalhippo.jpg

methinks you may have selected your area of research/expertise...which would make your claim about mopping the floor with him on ANY topic a bit disingenuous, no?

you need an arbiter. What's that you ask? Why yes, yes I am free, and I'll gladly choose "any biochem or physiology topic" for the two of you to tussle over.

I'm thinking molecular genetics might not make my short list ^^

Last edited by t12jm; 01-21-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    America's Team Always - Dallas Cowboys

"Who is wise? He who learns from every man."

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    In all honesty...no one really cares about what happens when you drink one soda and eat a steak at the same time.

An empty calorie can of soda is not optimal for anyone, but if you want one drink it and move on with life. The stress you are creating worrying about this is probably going to give you more acid in your gut than a soda...

Don't consume cases of soda per day...use common sense and moderation...mop floor with this.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ronnie rode a bicycle every day along with the ketchup
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) axxlef is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just drink it the effect it will have on your meal will be at best minimal

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bone loss

In a meta-analysis of 88 studies, drinking soda correlates with a decrease in milk consumption along with the vitamin D, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, calcium, protein and other micronutrients. [32] Phosphorus, a micronutrient, can be found in cola-type beverages, but there may be a risk in consuming too much [33]. Phosphorus and calcium are used in the body to create calcium-phosphate, which is the main component of bone. However, the combination of too much phosphorus with too little calcium in the body can lead to a degeneration of bone mass [34].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_drink

Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    Bone loss

In a meta-analysis of 88 studies, drinking soda correlates with a decrease in milk consumption along with the vitamin D, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, calcium, protein and other micronutrients. [32] Phosphorus, a micronutrient, can be found in cola-type beverages, but there may be a risk in consuming too much [33]. Phosphorus and calcium are used in the body to create calcium-phosphate, which is the main component of bone. However, the combination of too much phosphorus with too little calcium in the body can lead to a degeneration of bone mass [34].

if i'm reading this right, soda in itself doesn't create bone loss. it's that when ppl drink more soda, they drink less milk and that's what creates bone loss.

ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    if i'm reading this right, soda in itself doesn't create bone loss. it's that when ppl drink more soda, they drink less milk and that's what creates bone loss.
    hi (╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Yes sir. Thanks for the helicase clarification (srs). And while SIRT6 is associated with telomere regulation it is actually a histone deacetylase and not an exo/endonuease so I presume that's not the factor you initially had in mind.

footballpunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footballpunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One soda is your daily amount of sugar
    http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm145/anthonydipaula/

ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ThatWei is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by footballpunter View Post
    hi (╯°□°)╯┻━┻

Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000) Trigger543 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this is the first thing in this thread i understood.

pretty sure there's no "daily amount" of sugar...

t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by synthetic View Post
    Bone loss

Saw "meta-analysis".
    Expected crap.
    Leaving satisfied.
    America's Team Always - Dallas Cowboys

"Who is wise? He who learns from every man."

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stay away from soda.. That **** can be used as a toilet bowl cleaner. SRS.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

🚷 Anti-Degeneracy League 🚷

https://www.twitter.com/eyeonpalestine

Mossad acronym: ISIS AKA Israeli Secret Intelligence Service

Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kahldris is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)