rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Parabody: Bodysmith vs Serious Steel?

Hi,

I am wondering if there is much difference in quality between Parabody's Bodysmith and Serious Steel product lines. I have assumed that Bodysmith was the old line, before Parabody was bought out by Life Fitness, and that Serious Steel was the product line since the buyout. Am I correct in thinking that? Is there any real difference between the two? I have had several pieces under both names, and never had any complaints about any of it. I am just curious after picking up a Serious Steel Power Tower in good shape last night for $30......

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    Hi,

I am wondering if there is much difference in quality between Parabody's Bodysmith and Serious Steel product lines. I have assumed that Bodysmith was the old line, before Parabody was bought out by Life Fitness, and that Serious Steel was the product line since the buyout. Am I correct in thinking that? Is there any real difference between the two? I have had several pieces under both names, and never had any complaints about any of it. I am just curious after picking up a Serious Steel rPower Tower in good shape last night for $30......
    I am reviving this post because rlundregan never got an answer and I have been wondering the same thing myself. Anyone?
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the difference is in the padding. body smith used alot firmer padding, while the serious steel used good padding it wasn't nearly as firm. so personal preference for the type of padding i suppose?
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Was there a difference between the two based on ownership? Parabody was a stand alone company until Life Fitness bought it.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250) justinluck has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I still have a Parabody Serious Steel 350 Home Gym from 1997. Today, it remains looking like new except for a bit of discoloration on the iron plates. I wish Parabody could have stuck around as their equipment exemplifies superb quality craftsmanship and design for the home gym.

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    I am reviving this post because rlundregan never got an answer and I have been wondering the same thing myself. Anyone?
    Hehehe....I think this was my first post here. I assumed that I didn't get an answer mostly because I was new!

I sold that power tower a few months ago for $100 to the guy who owns the local PIAS. When I went to his shop a couple of weeks later, he had it for $269.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parabody made the Bodysmith line, I'm not sure of the differences between the two. All the Bodysmith I've had or seen was good quality and the labels said " Bodysmith made by Parabody". Equipment sold under the Parabody name for a long time before selling to Lifefitness and then Lifefitness phased it out completely over about a two year period.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Parabody made the Bodysmith line, I'm not sure of the differences between the two. All the Bodysmith I've had or seen was good quality and the labels said " Bodysmith made by Parabody". Equipment sold under the Parabody name for a long time before selling to Lifefitness and then Lifefitness phased it out completely over about a two year period.
    Do you have any idea whether the Serious Steel line was under Life Fitness? Or was Parabody making both lines before they were bought?

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting thread. I've seen a bunch of the Bodysmith stuff listed on the Atlanta CL, but I had always assumed the Bodysmith/Serious Steel lines were like the Powerline/Body Solid lines, with the Bodysmith equipment being a more "budget friendly" option than the Serious Steel equipment.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you have any idea whether the Serious Steel line was under Life Fitness? Or was Parabody making both lines before they were bought?
    The Parabody "serious steel" was before LF took over, all LF did was phase Parabody out.

Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    Interesting thread. I've seen a bunch of the Bodysmith stuff listed on the Atlanta CL, but I had always assumed the Bodysmith/Serious Steel lines were like the Powerline/Body Solid lines, with the Bodysmith equipment being a more "budget friendly" option than the Serious Steel equipment.
    All the Bodysmith I've seen was built well, I'm not familiar with what Parabody sold under the their own name while they also sold Bodysmith. Everything I've seen that's Parabody is made since the Bodysmith was discontinued.

Interesting....I had not considered the possibility that there may have been "budget" and "premium" lines being sold simultaneously....I have liked the look of the Serious Steel racks better than the Bodysmith racks, although I have never used either one.....

aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting....I had not considered the possibility that there may have been "budget" and "premium" lines being sold simultaneously....I have liked the look of the Serious Steel racks better than the Bodysmith racks, although I have never used either one.....
    If I remember correctly, that was the case. The Bodysmith line was more budget friendly.

Originally Posted by aloosecannon View Post
    If I remember correctly, that was the case. The Bodysmith line was more budget friendly.
    All of the Bodysmith stuff I've seen was grey, which I prefer to the white "Serious Steel" line.

I resurrected my bb.com buddy's thread because I picked up a Parabody 827 lat pulldown machine last night for a friend. I also picked up a Parabody ab-board. I've seen a lot of Bodysmith gear over the last two years but the Serious Steel stuff is new to me. BTW, my buddy is getting the lat pulldown for $75. I'm estimating $100 to $150 if I were flipping. Am I off-base?

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All of the Bodysmith stuff I've seen was grey, which I prefer to the white "Serious Steel" line.

I resurrected my bb.com buddy's thread because I picked up a Parabody 827 lat pulldown machine last night for a friend. I also picked up a Parabody ab-board. I've seen a lot of Bodysmith gear over the last two years but the Serious Steel stuff is new to me. BTW, my buddy is getting the lat pulldown for $75. I'm estimating $100 to $150 if I were flipping. Am I off-base?

FWIW, some of the "Serious Steel" stuff was grey. I've seen the 843 rack in both colors.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've owned 2 bodysmith pieces.

Seated calf = total turd
    Leg press/hack squat = turd jr
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    I've owned 2 bodysmith pieces.

Seated calf = total turd
    Leg press/hack squat = turd jr
    Dude, I saw those infomercials, "The Total Turd, and if you buy now you get the Turd Jr.! But wait, there's more!"

You should be able to get $150 -$175, I got $150 for and old lat p/d that's not nearly as nice.

FWIW, some of the "Serious Steel" stuff was grey. I've seen the 843 rack in both colors.
    The newer equipment was in the grey or bronze color. They switched from white around 2004 or 05.

I agree that you could ask for $175 for the lat pulldown, and probably get $125-150 for it easily.

Interesting information on the color scheme, I always thought the grey was older. Then again, I have only ever seen Serious Steel in white, and Bodysmith in grey. Good to know!

I agree that you could ask for $175 for the lat pulldown, and probably get $125-150 for it easily.

Interesting information on the color scheme, I always thought the grey was older. Then again, I have only ever seen Serious Steel in white, and Bodysmith in grey. Good to know!
    Funny how an unanswered thread from a year ago suddenly took off. Great information for future searches!