I nearly lost my mind when I had a bite of this exquisite biscotti recipe that I just created. Perfect for keto - high fat, adequate protein, and minimal carb (about 1.5 net carbs per cookie).
I beg you to try these. You will praise the food deities for the pleasure. I used Mornington Goat Cheese Cheddar, but you can use any old cheddar in its place. And if you don't have herbes de provence, some dried rosemary and sage, or fresh thyme will work just as well. Cook up a nice lamb chop, place on some baby spinach leaves, and accompany with cheddar biscotti for a complete gourmet keto experience.
You will need:
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 garlic clove minced
1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
90 grams grated goat cheese cheddar (or regular cheddar)
2 cups almond meal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In food processor or large bowl, mix together butter, eggs, garlic, herbes de Provence and grated cheese.
3) Place the wet contents of the food processor into a bowl. Stir in the almond meal, baking powder and salt. Mix until you get a nice, uniform dough.
4) Using a rubber spatula, push the dough out of the bowl onto an oiled baking sheet. Using the rubber spatula, form a rectangular boxed shape out of the dough - approximately 14X 4 inches. Flatten the dough so it is about an inch thick.
5) Bake on the top rack of oven for 25-28 minutes. The dough will be firm, and starting to brown around the edges. Let the dough cool for a few minutes. Slice the dough on the diagonal, approximately 1"-1.5" between slices.
6) Place the biscotti cut side down on the baking sheet. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes. Turn each cookie so the remaining cut side gets heated for 5 minutes. Cool on a rack. Enjoy!
CAL - 2804
FAT - 249.5
PRO - 98.2
I made 10 biscotti out of my batch = each approximately 280 cals, 25 grams fat, 1.5 grams net carbs, 9.8 grams protein.
Blessings and love,
Thread: Mama Molly's Cheddar Biscotti