zooswanko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gold's gym personal trainer income?

I am new to the personal training profession. I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in exercise science. I have a possible job opportunity as a full time personal trainer at gold's gym. I did not discuss pay with the manager at my interview because I did not want to bring that up yet until I secure the job. Does anybody have any idea what Gold's gym pays personal trainers and in what format? Such as... Do personal trainers get paid by the hour when they are not with clients and if so how much? How much they make per session with clients? As a bachelor of science in exercise science degree and certification holder, how much should I accept as pay?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Even just ball park estimations would be great because I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Thanks a bunch!

SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteveJorgensen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I talked to Golds Gym it was that they want you to pay them $10 per session to use the gym, then you charge the client whatever you want and you make the profit. Example: Pay Golds $10, you charge a client $20 for a session, you make...... $10.
    UW-Parkside Paintball
    www.********.com/UWPPaintball

My personal youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pball72008

Official Paintball Thread!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137134563

lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lives2bfit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zooswanko View Post
    I am new to the personal training profession. I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in exercise science. I have a possible job opportunity as a full time personal trainer at gold's gym. I did not discuss pay with the manager at my interview because I did not want to bring that up yet until I secure the job. Does anybody have any idea what Gold's gym pays personal trainers and in what format? Such as... Do personal trainers get paid by the hour when they are not with clients and if so how much? How much they make per session with clients? As a bachelor of science in exercise science degree and certification holder, how much should I accept as pay?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Even just ball park estimations would be great because I have absolutely no idea what to expect. Thanks a bunch!
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't ask about pay in the interview? As far as I know, this is normal practice with any job interview and if I was hiring someone that didn't ask, I would wonder why. Any others agree?

TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TheGymBoss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by zooswanko View Post

Let me give you a bit of advice, since you are new to the PT game stay in the gym as long as possible, that's the only way you will make money. I don't know about the Gold's where you are, but in LA we have private trainers and just pay a monthly fee. When you get your clients up then you will make more money. You will do fine even if they pay you pennies, just STAY IN THE GYM!!
    @ifocusonfitness

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheGymBoss View Post
    Let me give you a bit of advice, since you are new to the PT game stay in the gym as long as possible, that's the only way you will make money. I don't know about the Gold's where you are, but in LA we have private trainers and just pay a monthly fee. When you get your clients up then you will make more money. You will do fine even if they pay you pennies, just STAY IN THE GYM!!
    In the old days, all the clubs were like this. It's too bad there aren't more IC opportunties around.

Viva la Gold's!!
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

Primalfitguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Golds Gym

The Golds Gym in Los Angeles starts you at minimum wage as a personal trainer. When you actually train a client, you make $17.50 but do not get the minimum wage for that hour you train someone.

Can you possibly make decent money as a Golds Gym trainer?

These numbers are below poverty wages.

What are your thoughts?

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wish you would have brought up pay during the interview. Dont be afraid of doing this. it lets you know where you stand and avoids the anguish you are having now. you are in the driver seat. This review I wrote may help answer some of your questions http://helpforpersonaltrainers.com/p...ary-questions/
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikeCaulo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would look to going into the private sector on the fitness industry especially if you have your bachelors and have any significant cert. Golds gym I am sure can be a great job but ultimately unless you move up the ladder probably not the best career long term. But it is a great place to learn, build a reputation and hone your skills.