Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Demotivated as fuarkkk!!!

So ive been lifting for 15 months now and im still benching a plate for less than 10 reps, everything else is going really really good. Just hit 2 plates on squat 2 days ago. I can incline db press 70's for 6 reps but still my chest is chit. Ive tried different rep ranges, form is on check, tried using lighter weights, diet is on check (currently bulking 500 cals over maintainence), fuarken cant even bench a plate 25 for 1 rep. My chest is fuken chit so fuken pissed brahs :'( and to top it off i have gyno as well. My friends always make fun of me for having a chitty chest. I know genetics play a role in this but it seems that there no way i can get my chest to grow. Please help brahs
    *Vancouver misc crew*

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you do much in the lower rep range? Like 3-5 reps on bench? Any chest flys?

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you talk like that in real life? Misc has brainwashed you my friend. People don't tend to call each other 'brahs' in the exercises forum.

Also Db incline benching 70s while only benching 135 on flat is a mystery to me. That's a ton to be incline benching vs your flat bench. Make sure you are focusing on progress and eating plenty of food. You may have to forgo the 6 pack for a while if you want your chest to grow. Make your number 1 goal to add a rep to each set of your current flat bench routine every lifting session, or to simply add a little 2.5 lb plate to each side of the bar. If you can't maintain that kind of modest progress each session, you aren't eating enough.

71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000) 71Avido is just really nice. (+1000)
    Post a vid of you benching in your 5RM range.
    You might have form issues that could be limiting you.
    On the road to 1250

Train consistently, move iron with purpose, eat well, sleep well and achieve.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd recommend becoming motivated again.

Cheers.
    Who was this love of yours?

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gain more weight.

But sounds about right with a 2 plate squat.
    OG

AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50) AddyTHEROCK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Concat View Post
    Do you do much in the lower rep range? Like 3-5 reps on bench? Any chest flys?
    Yes last 2 months ive been doing 3-6 reps and i do incline db flys and crossovers.

Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Do you talk like that in real life? Misc has brainwashed you my friend. People don't tend to call each other 'brahs' in the exercises forum.

Also Db incline benching 70s while only benching 135 on flat is a mystery to me. That's a ton to be incline benching vs your flat bench. Make sure you are focusing on progress and eating plenty of food. You may have to forgo the 6 pack for a while if you want your chest to grow. Make your number 1 goal to add a rep to each set of your current flat bench routine every lifting session, or to simply add a little 2.5 lb plate to each side of the bar. If you can't maintain that kind of modest progress each session, you aren't eating enough.
    Yeah i do sometimes, misc has ruined my life. Im eating more then enough bro lol i was 161lbs in summer now im 185. havent had my abs for 3 months and I know my stuff about workout people always ask me for advice and some even asked me to make them diet plans (no brag). Im growing in all parts of my body except my chest.

Originally Posted by 71Avido View Post
    Post a vid of you benching in your 5RM range.
    You might have form issues that could be limiting you.
    Im doing chest today so yeah ill try to.

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post

Cheers.
    LOL
    *Vancouver misc crew*

Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Joe106 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    Db incline benching 70s while only benching 135 on flat is a mystery to me. That's a ton to be incline benching vs your flat bench.
    This^

Incline is MUCH harder than flat bench so that confuses me also.

If you don't do this already make sure you are touching the bar on your chest, I used to only go down to 1 inch above my chest but when I finally started going all the way it made a HUGEEEEEE difference. and also make sure your shoulder blades are glued to the bench, this will activate chest more.

I think what would definitely solve this is having a workout buddy or spotter, if you can get that one extra rep with a tiny bit of assistance from someone that will make a big difference.

and if you feel like you do better on dumbells then by all means work solely with dumbells for a few months and build some muscle, and then try barbell later on

And like Kanis said every week try adding some weight even if its just those 2.5 lb little hockey pucks, even if your only able to get 1 or 2 reps out of it that's still progress keep pushing OP!

when I first started benching like 2 years ago I could barely keep the bar balanced with 25's on each side, Now I can rep 275 with ease. You just gotta keep shooting for more weight every week or two. If scrawny little me could do it you can do it too trust me OP dont give up

Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well first of all you need to be doing different lifts; deadlifts, military press, squat, close grip bench, pushups, dips, and of course flat bench. Whether you use dumbells or a bar you need to focus your workouts on these lifts. It's also important to switch every 3 weeks (roughly) from 3-5 reps, 8-12 reps, 15-20 reps to keep your body guessing. You focus your workouts on these lifts and you will increase all around strength, thus giving you a greater bench.

*Vancouver misc crew*

sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50) sohei will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Couldn't view the vid, marked as private. From the still, form looks OK for the setup. Your gain in bodyweight is a great start, but, no offense, 15 months is barely scratching the surface of knowledge. You're getting some sound advice from the replies so far. Be patient with the chest gains, for some of us they are excruciatingly slow. If you want a bigger bench, def try the 2.5s. Hell, after 20 years of lifting, we still us em to break a plateau. Also, the lower reps will probably help your bench go up, but if you aren't getting the results you want, remember there are a ton of ways to alter training. Rep speed, number of reps, number of sets, width of your hands on the bar, etc. And not everyone responds to these alterations the same. I tried getting my bench up with the 5x5 and wasn't too successful. My strength threshold is really tight. Adding 10 lbs to my 5 reps weight = maybe 1 rep. Sux. I had more success by adding a rep, which required training partner who knew how to spot CORRECTLY. I never have been really strong on chest, and strangely enough, my incline press has also been more than my flat press. Prehaps you and I are in the same boat with chest developement. If so, I've always had luck with boosting the press reps to 8-12 and working heavier dumbell flyes, maybe 5-8 reps. Give it a few months and see what happens. Any way you go, don't let the haters demotivate you. Concentrate on form, get a training partner go balls to the wall every time you train. Good luck bro.

Zombie Apocolypse Response Unit - Front Line "Goon Squad"
    <Heavy Hitters Crew>

Better than the day before.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post

Cheers.
    This, motivation comes from within.

Also - keep bulking. You're light when it comes to bodybuilding, particularly if mass is what you're looking for.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharpieblet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AddyTHEROCK View Post
    Yes last 2 months ive been doing 3-6 reps and i do incline db flys and crossovers.

Yeah i do sometimes, misc has ruined my life. Im eating more then enough bro lol i was 161lbs in summer now im 185. havent had my abs for 3 months and I know my stuff about workout people always ask me for advice and some even asked me to make them diet plans (no brag) Im growing in all parts of my body except my chest.

Im doing chest today so yeah ill try to.

LOL
    That means jack ****...that certainly doesn't provide credibility on your part-just that some people think you know what you're doing.

Look, most of us started with bad form on most lifts and took months or years to get great form down for hypertrophy purposes, chances are your no different. That means if you're lucky, you may have a couple months or so of properly stimulating your chest to grow correctly. Just BC your form may be good now doesn't mean it was from the start.

Eat big and get big and sleep big. Btw, your form is almost guaranteed to need improvement if you can bench inclined for 70 and struggle with 135 on the BB. I rep with 60-65 on incline ATM and rep 175-185 on decline BB. Just for perspective.
    Powerlifter convert. Follow on instagram Sharpie_bendingbarbells

Most recent comp lifts: 405/305/475

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    See the problem is that you are a p*ssy who is lifting for other people and not lifting for yourself.

Originally Posted by sohei View Post
    Couldn't view the vid, marked as private. From the still, form looks OK for the setup. Your gain in bodyweight is a great start, but, no offense, 15 months is barely scratching the surface of knowledge. You're getting some sound advice from the replies so far. Be patient with the chest gains, for some of us they are excruciatingly slow. If you want a bigger bench, def try the 2.5s. Hell, after 20 years of lifting, we still us em to break a plateau. Also, the lower reps will probably help your bench go up, but if you aren't getting the results you want, remember there are a ton of ways to alter training. Rep speed, number of reps, number of sets, width of your hands on the bar, etc. And not everyone responds to these alterations the same. I tried getting my bench up with the 5x5 and wasn't too successful. My strength threshold is really tight. Adding 10 lbs to my 5 reps weight = maybe 1 rep. Sux. I had more success by adding a rep, which required training partner who knew how to spot CORRECTLY. I never have been really strong on chest, and strangely enough, my incline press has also been more than my flat press. Prehaps you and I are in the same boat with chest developement. If so, I've always had luck with boosting the press reps to 8-12 and working heavier dumbell flyes, maybe 5-8 reps. Give it a few months and see what happens. Any way you go, don't let the haters demotivate you. Concentrate on form, get a training partner go balls to the wall every time you train. Good luck bro.

Zombie Apocolypse Response Unit - Front Line "Goon Squad"
    Video is fixed, hopefully you can view it now. Ill try that but the problem with training partners is i never really had one, maybe for a week or 2 but then they stop or workout with someone else.
    *Vancouver misc crew*

Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000)
    For starters, you can't keep your traps and shoulder blades tight when your head is bobbing up and down like a Pez dispenser. Correct your bench form so it's like this:

Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fbomb1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh wow! what's with the head man? you need to keep your head stuck to the bench like white on rice. If you are unable to bench without your head planted you need to use lower weights. You are begging for a bulged disk in your neck.

Registered User Spartanbaziotis's Avatar
    Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000) Spartanbaziotis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Joe2DovesGiotto View Post
    For starters, you can't keep your traps and shoulder blades tight when your head is bobbing up and down like a Pez dispenser. Correct your bench form so it's like this:

This exact thing! Also you're coming down too high on your chest as well. Begging for neck and shoulder problems, brother. Should come down to about your nipples, maybe a little lower even. Tuck your shoulder blades down, arch your back, keep your head and ass on the bench, your feet planted firm on the ground. Don;t just let the bar fall to your chest, sort of think of it as pulling it down to your chest.
    I'm back?

Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000) Whitekoala is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So ive been lifting for 15 months now and im still benching a plate for less than 10 reps, everything else is going really really good. Just hit 2 plates on squat 2 days ago. I can incline db press 70's for 6 reps but still my chest is chit. Ive tried different rep ranges, form is on check, tried using lighter weights, diet is on check (currently bulking 500 cals over maintainence), fuarken cant even bench a plate 25 for 1 rep. My chest is fuken chit so fuken pissed brahs :'( and to top it off i have gyno as well. My friends always make fun of me for having a chitty chest. I know genetics play a role in this but it seems that there no way i can get my chest to grow. Please help brahs
    Its 100 percent your diet. How much has your weight went up in the last 15 months???

Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zoso1116 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think your form could use some work like others have said. Your neck really shouldn't be moving like that when you bench. I think your incline is greater than your flat bench because you are more likely overcompensating with your triceps and shoulders (which play a big role in the incline). Only thing I could think of, goodluck broski.

Originally Posted by Joe2DovesGiotto View Post

LOL alright

Originally Posted by Fbomb1990 View Post
    Oh wow! what's with the head man? you need to keep your head stuck to the bench like white on rice. If you are unable to bench without your head planted you need to use lower weights. You are begging for a bulged disk in your neck.
    For some reason made me lol pretty hard. Alright ill keep that in mind next time.
    Originally Posted by Whitekoala View Post
    Its 100 percent your diet. How much has your weight went up in the last 15 months???
    Well when i started i was 190 skinny fat around 20% BF. But then i cut down to 160 pounds 12ish% bf then bulked again i was at 175 for 6ish months around 12% still then i maxed at 189 pounds at 15-17% a while ago now im at 185 still around 15%.

Originally Posted by Zoso1116 View Post
    I think your form could use some work like others have said. Your neck really shouldn't be moving like that when you bench. I think your incline is greater than your flat bench because you are more likely overcompensating with your triceps and shoulders (which play a big role in the incline). Only thing I could think of, goodluck broski.
    Could be that, thanks
    *Vancouver misc crew*

fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fropleyqk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Could be that, thanks
    Correction: IS that. Your form is terrible. Follow the vids and do a little research and teach yourself to do it right. You'll grow from there. Good luck!

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, remember to leave your ego at the front door. It ain't about lifting as heavy as you can, but it is about form, progress, gains, and injury prevention.

I hope all the advice other fellow bb.com'ers gave you were golden.

Good luck!
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

FrozenKatana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fix the technique and you won't have as many issues. Also lifting is not a race. Getting bigger and stronger takes tons of patience.

alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Trust me, you're not alone. There are loads of guys who have poor chest genetics, many of which who have impressive bench numbers, yet not much to show for it. Anyway, here's my advice:

First of all, if I were you, I'd make sure that my bench press form was on point. I recommend checking out Dave Tate's "So You Think You Can Bench" series on YouTube. It takes quite a while to go through all of the videos, but it's worth it. Generally, these are things that you want to do when performing the bench press:

1) Scapular retraction and depression - pull your shoulder blades back and down.
    2) Upper back/trapezius tightness - while on the bench, perform a glute bridge to feel the sensation of tightness in your upper back. You benching normally, you should have this feeling.
    3) Arch in your lower back.
    4) Puff out your chest.
    5) Before completing a rep, take a deep breath and fill your abdominals with air. Do the valsalva maneuver for maximum strength.
    6) Unrack the weight with your lats. If you don't, you'll shrug your shoulders, you'll lose your scapular retraction and upper back tightness.
    7) Emphasize the negative. Go slow, control the weight, feel your pecs working.
    8) Explode the weight back up while pressing with your chest.

If that doesn't work for you, you could always try decline and incline bench press. I find the decline barbell bench press one of the most effective exercises for chest development, I'd give that a go. Also, if you want to, play with different flyes: cables, dumbbells, machine, etc. Pre-exhaustion the chest, however, is a bad idea. It's been shown in studies that pre-exhausting the pecs before performing bench press, per se, is pointless. Instead, you might want to focus on developing tricep strength. If your triceps are lagging, you'll limit the chest stimulation since your triceps won't allow continuous reps and thereby adequate stimulation. You might want to incorporate close-grip bench pressing into your routine, as well.

I'd recommend benching two or three times a week, just don't go overboard with the amount of sets. The only way you're going to get a better bench press if you bench press more often.

jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jd2967 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eat more. Lift more. Bench more often.

Not rocket science.

I dont like the whole shoulder blades back and down thing. What do you guys think about this technique and the program? should i do it? its supposed to be a circuit with all those exercises but im thinking about doing them separately.

Also i have the problem when i move my shoulders back and down, my shoulders hurt and i feel like theyre gonna pop out.
    *Vancouver misc crew*

Originally Posted by fropleyqk View Post
    Correction: IS that. Your form is terrible. Follow the vids and do a little research and teach yourself to do it right. You'll grow from there. Good luck!
    Im talking about my incline, not my form, i got the part where my form is off....

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    OP, remember to leave your ego at the front door. It ain't about lifting as heavy as you can, but it is about form, progress, gains, and injury prevention.

I hope all the advice other fellow bb.com'ers gave you were golden.

Good luck!
    Thats the first thing i learned lol but thanks
    Originally Posted by alexanderberg View Post
    Trust me, you're not alone. There are loads of guys who have poor chest genetics, many of which who have impressive bench numbers, yet not much to show for it. Anyway, here's my advice:

I'd recommend benching two or three times a week, just don't go overboard with the amount of sets. The only way you're going to get a better bench press if you bench press more often.
    Originally Posted by jd2967 View Post
    Eat more. Lift more. Bench more often.

Not rocket science.
    Im thinking about benching twice a week but how should i fit it in my routine?

This is what my routine looks like:
    Mon chest and tris
    Tues legs
    Wed shoulders
    Thurs back
    Fri arms
    Sat legs
    Sun off
    *Vancouver misc crew*

NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NeedMoreGAINS has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you already have gotten great advice. One more thing. when you're under the bar, think like the bar is lighter than what it really is. For example, let's say you're shooting for 185. When you're actually under the bar trying to attempt it, think like it's only 155. Helped me bust through my max. The brain is a powerful organ OP.

Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000) Joe2DovesGiotto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im thinking about benching twice a week but how should i fit it in my routine?

This is what my routine looks like:
    Mon chest and tris
    Tues legs
    Wed shoulders
    Thurs back
    Fri arms
    Sat legs
    Sun off
    By getting on a balanced routine. Strangely unbalanced split is strangely unbalanced. Back 1x, Shoulders 2x (yes they're getting hit on Mon, too, not just Wed). Tris 3x (Mon/Wed/Fri) but not corresponding Bis, ...?? Do and Upper/Lower or a P/P/L, though even more likely still you could get some full body mileage doing a 3x/week 5x5 A/B (and your lift numbers bear that out, as well).