scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Popping Sound in back at bottom of squats

I have been following the Stronglifts 5x5 program for about a month and a half now, and I have seen steady gains. However, my squats now are starting to get up to some heavy weight (for me, this means 87.5kg/193lb), and I have started to notice a weird popping sound in my lower back area. Its hard to describe, but once I am up to my work weight, when I hit parallel and attempt to spring back up, it feels like a knuckle pop but it my lower right back. then sometimes I feel a bit of a pop in my hip as well. It doesnt 'hurt' it just feels weird and uncomfortable, and ultimately I still get the weight up. I don't feel it at all on warm ups.

I was considering deloading, but I think what I'm going to do is focus on my symmetry with my knees going out. I might also be dipping my lower back or something? I attempt to take a big deep breath in to feel my abdomen while going down.

Ill try and take a video tomorrow to post up for critique!

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scottyent View Post
    I have been following the Stronglifts 5x5 program for about a month and a half now, and I have seen steady gains. However, my squats now are starting to get up to some heavy weight (for me, this means 87.5kg/193lb), and I have started to notice a weird popping sound in my lower back area. Its hard to describe, but once I am up to my work weight, when I hit parallel and attempt to spring back up, it feels like a knuckle pop but it my lower right back. then sometimes I feel a bit of a pop in my hip as well. It doesnt 'hurt' it just feels weird and uncomfortable, and ultimately I still get the weight up. I don't feel it at all on warm ups.

I was considering deloading, but I think what I'm going to do is focus on my symmetry with my knees going out. I might also be dipping my lower back or something? I attempt to take a big deep breath in to feel my abdomen while going down.

Ill try and take a video tomorrow to post up for critique!
    are you sure your back is remaining upright? no chance you are rounding your back and bending down and your back is covering the bottom range of motion, not hips?

scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50) scottyent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    are you sure your back is remaining upright? no chance you are rounding your back and bending down and your back is covering the bottom range of motion, not hips?
    thats absolutely possible. How can I check to be sure? Ill do video tomorrow, but is there a certain feeling that I can use to guide and practice the technique?

jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000) jazztrumpet is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some bodily sounds can't be helped. I'm not saying yours is this, but I'll give you a for instance. If I lay on my back and put my legs up at a 90 degree angle, and slowly lower them to the floor, my back will pop every time. I also suspect that when this happens frequently it aggravates one of my discs. Best of luck to you.
    " M as in Mancy"

Found a video on my phone and uploaded! this is at less weight than what I'm at now, but hopefully it is enough for now

youtube.com/watch?v=pJzN57dBA_c

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

there ya go
    GSF