Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and this is my journal

Monday - Legs

You control the weight it doesn't control you - so important to remember this. When you have this mentality of being in control, dominating the weight, you can push so much more

Get hurt - I'm afraid I'll get hurt - what is that? This is what one of the guys beside me said as he did stiff leg deads & looked over at me, a 137# girl, deadlifting more than he. I haven't lifted in a while he said. I thought - get hurt - if you do the exercise right - there is no getting hurt

Before the leg workout, thought of last week, how pumped I was after legs & how I decided to get the camera & do a photo of my pumped legs - growing - yes they are growing - lets put it down again this week & grow some more I thought, get that energy, that feeling of accomplishment after a great workout
    get it, got it - GOOD!

Knowing someone else can push a certain weight or seeing them do it makes you realize it is possible. If they can do it - so can you. Find out what your role model/trainer is pushing & make it a goal to push as much!

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Good start ! Keep up the hard work !
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Glad you enjoyed the journal entry. You are off to a STRONG start yourself - way to go - you are getting noticed & I like your style!

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. My name is Jason Morgan. I will be participating in the challenge with each of you that have signed up. I will also be encouraging you and helping in any way I can as a captain for the challenge.

This is a GREAT opportunity to work with Skip as your coach, get the support of other challenge participants and captains while pushing yourself to higher levels than you may currently believe possible. Let's all work hard to make this the NUMBER 1 group and transformation thread on Bodybuilding.com! I encourage you to visit the Mass Machine Challenge journals of the other participants and make sure to rate them all 5 stars. Keep us on top!

Talk to you soon... See you on the boards!!

Good luck and I look forward to getting to know you through the next 6 months!

Jason

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Glad you enjoyed the journal entry. You are off to a STRONG start yourself - way to go - you are getting noticed & I like your style!
    I'm here to help...and I'll also call on you to help me!
    This is a team effort!

Click here to order

Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro

Wake up Hender... let's go!
    That hard body aint gonna train itself !

Hey I'm awake - since 4AM this morning when the alarm sounds to train - down the steps, big breakfast, hit the gym at 5:30 - work by 8:30. Lunch time now - a good time to pop on & write the journal! it will be forth comming. check it out!

Looks like you've already hit legs in glancing at your journal - hope you remembered my journal entry yesterday & pushed it to the MAX!

Thanks for stopping by my journal - I'll keep a look out for yours & look for some good stuff from ya - Rock on!

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good Luck with the challenge
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome energy, will defintely be following your journal.

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Thanks for stopping by my journal - I'll keep a look out for yours & look for some good stuff from ya - Rock on!
    We are going to help each other through this 6 months.... today was the BEST shoulder workout I've had in....forever. Did some FST and the 21's were killer!

Thanks baldbird - glad you felt it!
    Like I told Rowland, when I feel the energy I'm going to throw it out there & hope you SLAM in back at me & let me know when you feel it too!

Definately going to check out your workout - I am big fan of FST-7 myself & feel it offers great results if you are "man" enough to follow through & it sounds like your just the man to do so!

Wed - day off weights. Set alarm early anyway - 4:50 to give me extra time to read Thinking Big II before I start my day! One of my favorite things to do, half hour w/ a cup of coffee & some good BB material!

But first, daily Bible devotional reading - yep, you read it, I wrote it! Today's reading - our bodies are earthly & return to sand when we pass, our spirits are lifted above.

Lets build our eartly bodies BIG so there will be lots of sand to give back but lets build our spirits bigger - the real rewards are above!
    Thoughts on Thinking Big readings, later today & enrouragement on the main BB.com forum for others to shout out when they have a good thread.

rmac26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you like FST-7? I've always been interested?

Good luck on the challenge!

So I'm doing legs today...and almost done with weighted lunges...about to fall over... hams are BURNING....thighs are CRYING... wanting to stop 5 short... I think... How could I say to Hender that I failed? NO WAY! YOU PUMP OUT THOSE LAST 5 LUNGES!

I am in pain now....lol

rmac26 - good luck to you.
    FST-7 - I had a good experience with it & would recommend it to advanced lifters. For beginners or intermediate, I would say it would be overkill. Check out the fst-7 website (fst-7.com) for workouts. they also sell videos which are pretty cool if you want to learn more

Hell yea! That's what I'm talking about - good on YA! Thanks for throwing it back at me!
    The obstacle (pain) is the path!

Thumbs up

Today is Wed - day off weights - but I like to get in cardio before I head out to work - why -what is cardio?

Cardio is oiling the machine - the MASS MACHINE!! How - as i begin to run & my heart begins to pump, my blood flows harder through my veins distributing nutrients to my body - my mass machine, flushing out toxins and pulling in the BCAA, Glutamine, & the vitamins along with the fuel i just consumed an hour before.

Cardio - cardio is a time to think, to THINK BIG, to plan my day, to reflect on what i just read in THINKING BIG II and determine what I will do today to come one step closer to my goal.

When I am done I am energized, on fire, & I want to share the fire with the MASS MACHINE team so I decide to post a thread on the main forum encouraging everyone who is on fire, and writes a BLAZING journal entry to share it, share it & spread the torch!

Tomorrow is back day. I see deads in my future - thinking about the Ace Hood song - gotta walk it like you talk it........!!

Your energy is contagious !

OK...not stalking this time.... this is business....LOL

Hey team ! ! Here’s your second assignment ! !

Assignment #2 - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Video #9

Click here to order

Thumbs up

Rowland - thanks for the compliment - here we go with more contagious energy & you in it!

Wed eve - I listen to the last 10 minutes of last weeks conference call via podcast - I dialed in for the original call but had to drop off about 9 so missed the back half - wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything

Wed night - go to bed, thoughts of what the challenge means to me, wondering if Skip has reviewed everyones photos & assignment #1, wondering what he's thinking -might have to drop him a line & see. My challenge is different from many. i have a trainer, a pro, & I am not looking to get nutrition workout advice, my quest is mental, to be my own positive spin doctor & help others become one too. To overcome negative energy & build locamotive, STEAM ROLLING MOMENTUM. of course, BB competitions also play a role.....

Thurs - 4AM alarm goes off. Out of bed, to the kitchen, breakfast revieiwing log - what do I need to accomplish today..........

5AM - hit the road, rolling down the highway in the Jeep, foot on the gas - then it dawns on me - my foot is on the gas because I'm ready to roll, read to hit the gym!! Then I recall Thinking Big where Skip talked about taking the parking break off. My parking break is OFF..........my foot is on the GAS......... better slow this vehicle down though - don't need a ticket! As for my BB vehicular MACHINE - LET IT ROLL ON. Dawns on me, I need to do a post on the forum later about parking breaks - good opportunity to help anyone else who may have their parking break on. Start thinking of what I'm going to write - even more fired up when I get to the gym.

Get to the gym - okay, heavy abs to start -yea, weighted leg lifts, weighted hyperext situps, weighted side - heavy 10-12 reps but total focus! Thats the challenge - heavy & focused. Yea -heavy abs - whole new meaning to abs - building depth

Back workout - what is back - back is only 4 exercise today - what does that mean? Means I better smoke it with all I've got - I've only got 4 exercise worth of opportunities.

Thinking about what I wrote last night - walk it like I talk it - put on "Ace Hood" song "walk it like I talk it" lets go! Bar row - 4 sets, start heavier than normal. First set, that was fairly heavy, maybe I'm being overzelous - no, that kind of thinking will get you nowhere. Second set - more weight, third - on & on more weight. Two more exercises, 4 sets, all heavy, remembering to push limits - only 4 exercises of opportunities. Remember though - form, form - do not sacrifice form. Pissed at myself during shoulders Tues for sacrificing form on a set to get more weight in DB press. Won't to that again - that's weakness, mental weakness - WE'LL HAVE NONE OF THAT!!

Last set - rack deads at end of each, continue to hold bar & do shrugs w/ it. First set - man its been a long time since I've done these - wondering what weight to use - looked at what I had originally written in book. NAH, you know youcan do that for first set, to easy, lets go 10 # heavier. Second set -heavier. Third set, maybe I should stick w/ same weight. No, AM I GOING TO TELL ROWLAND I DIDNT' GO HEAVIER & COULD. Hell no! Put more on. Crushed that! See, I am no where near my limits yet - more weight! Yes! This set is last - take it to fail - how am I going to get the shrug superset? Well, if I have to put it down, rest 10 sec & then get shrugs so be it! Cranked it to failure- rack bar, okay 10 sec, pull to shrug position -can't- failure! Rest 30 sec - pull get it to shrug position - shrug it to fail! YES! YES! RAW ENERGY!! Gotta transmit this in my log! Grab workout book - write a few blurbs - this is what its all about!

Until next time - WALK IT LIKE YOU TALK IT!

Bulking Phase Conference Call - Thursday, Jan. 19th at 8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific)

A Conference Call discussing the "Bulking Phase" of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge will be held on Thursday, January 19th at 8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific).

You will also have the opportunity to ask questions about the "Challenge."

Phone Number: (605)475-4825

Access Code: 709081#

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome mindset, I have to get regular deads back in my routine. I have been doing stiff leg only for the past couple months.

Click here to order

GeneC3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Loving reading your posts man your like dynamite bro.. Keep it up..Some have the gift to paint a picture with words and you my friend have it.. Hell Im stoked to go pump some iron just reading your post. Most nights i will go home watch a clip from skips packing on muscle max ot style video and get a little pumped befor i go to the gyme then i head out the door... Now I am going to have to add, read henders journal to my lift of pre-workout things to do.
    if your not scared the weights not heavy enough

BaldBird - thanks for the compliment on the mindset. Kai Greene signed a poster for me last year with, "Mind is everything, Thoughts Become Things". I have it on my wall in my bathroom so I see it every morning before I hit the gym & remember this. Learn to harvest the power of your mind. Challenging yourself w/ deads & the like is one of the best ways to do this. Stif legs are great for the hams/glutes as you probably know - the rack deads I was doing was for back & I kept my mind focused on pulling w/ the back. Best to you!

GeneC3 - glad I can transmit some of this energy that is in me to you - may it fry your screen! Its easy for me to paint the picture for you because when I go into the gym, its my world, I create it, I control what I do & don't do - nobody is making me lift the weights but me & I love getting deep in my zone with it. The more good you put in your mind, the more BB info, the more strong thoughts & quotes & mindset - the more you will get out. Keep getting - I'll try to keep giving it!

Originally Posted by GeneC3 View Post
    Loving reading your posts man your like dynamite bro.. Keep it up..Some have the gift to paint a picture with words and you my friend have it.. Hell Im stoked to go pump some iron just reading your post. Most nights i will go home watch a clip from skips packing on muscle max ot style video and get a little pumped befor i go to the gyme then i head out the door... Now I am going to have to add, read henders journal to my lift of pre-workout things to do.

Listened to the conference call last night, like I wrote in the forum today, after 10 years of competition, I wondered what I'd learn from the call, that's 10 bulking & cutting cycles, but I didn't want to miss out on anything, so I dialed in.......

At first, nothing special, listening of the Mass Machine's definitions of bulking as Skip read them off, then, Skip began to define what his thoughts were on bulking......

The more he talked about it, the more my heart began to beat & the vibes flow....... what did I hear, what did I hear that will stick in my mind.......

I heard, "Every time you lift a weight, you are either moving forward or backwards"

Think about that every time you pick up a weight - are you going forward or backward - well hell no! I'm not going backwards - drive on!

Got off the call, felt my back muscles aleady stiffening from the rack stiff leg deads, yep, I went forward today I thought.

Went to bed with that thought in my head. Woke up, time to train, also heard Skip say - you've gotta lift more weight to get that muscle to grow. nothing new, but never can hear that too many times

Reviewed workout log - struggling with that thought of lifting more weights & the thought of pyramiding. If you want to push more weight, why struggle with pyramids. if you can do heavier, why not as heavy as you can evey set. something I've been struggling with for a while as my program recommends pyramids but I don't want to give myself an excuse to lift lighter on a set than I am capable & call it pyramiding.

Getting close to gym - song comes on - yea, I've heard it before, once last week - thought I needed to download it. Swithfoot - Dark Horses. "Hey you can't count us out. We've been down but we've never been out. yea - we are the dark horses. We dont' care what they say, we know we'll find a way, Yeah! we are the dark horses."

Dark horse, you bet I am & there are a lot of other dark horses out there too! Lets get it - set the stage to lift. Into gym, put the toe shoes on, lets maximum calve work. Into calves, gymboss timer on, 1:20 b/w sets, pyramid each set, but start heavier than normal. Intense contraction, the time says go - Go! No excuses. Set, heavier, set, heavier! Strong, controlled, complete certainty & confidence

On to chest - lets keep ths rolling. No eye contact, stay focused, your on a mission. A mission I was. Jay-Z in the Pod - Power - "had treasures in my mind but couldn't unlock my own vault"...... my vault, my mind, I have to unlock it to release all this power, what I am capable of. Move through chest, again, heavy as possible, no sacrifice in form, no self-doubt, complete confidence & certainty

Rolled this way all thru workout - finished 20 min early as a result. See what happens when you have laser like focus? you always think you are focused, but today, today was more than usual, today was laser, no disractions, no self doubt. The trick is to keep this rolling, again, again, again until not only do I reach this year's competition goals but I reach my ultimate goals. Yea, what a powerful thing you mind is, it helped me seek out this challenge, like an insurance policy that I will FULLFILL MY POTENTIAL!

Note: to improve efficiency, just write down how much weight you added each set, avoid time figuring actual pounds to write down. Donkey calve: start 400#, add 35, add 35, add 35, etc

Calling for your help....
    I'll be out of the gym for a week and that may be the toughest thing so far for me. Reaching out to another dedicated Mass Machiner to keep me focused and on track! So I'll be living my life vicariously through you for the next week or so.