Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Saturday - Arms, Abs, & Cardio

What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AT TODAY - at the top of the list:
    10) Set alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip coffee, straight to breakfast like Mon-Fri, get to the gym when they open at 8AM.

As soon as alarm went off, got up, the first weekend of the month I take tape measurements to check my progress. Needed to get to the gym as soon as they opened to get everything in & be at an event I had at 1. No sacrificing my standards to make the event - must get everything done so tape measurements, get card ready for a friend, scripture reading read, breakfast cooked, review workouts, get focused, recyclable in Jeep & down the road to hit dump on the way to the gym getting it all done from every angle.

Workout analysis:
    Abs - listened to MM power statements - new I had a busy day & wanted to reinforce everything in my mind my identity & all my standards. Working heavy with abs - remembering to focus on using my abs & really feel them.

Triceps:
    Pushdowns - last time around I went a bit heavy & sacrificed some peak contractions & used some body language. Backed down just a bit this time to really get full extension & focus completely on the muscle. Remembering my tris need to get sore tomorrow - really feel them while using max weight.

Speaking of sore - quads sore from leg pump yesterday - again, see how only 8 sets can do so much damage - creates that "sense of urgency".

Machine tri extensions - last time I used this machine, it was my first experience w/ it. Learning to master it. This time, really was able to focus on pushing/squeeze & hold with tricep. Very focused. Not quite as heavy as last time in the final sets, but I think better focus, better all in all.

Pushdowns - got an extra rep on 2 sets

Cable curls - remembering to breathe & really feel in bis. going heavy. Feeling peak contraction. To failure. getting stronger each week

DB curls - moving up in weight. No longer allowing myself to use what I used to use. Its just a constant state of progression. Everything is hard until it becomes easy, then move up in weight, it becomes easy, constant upward spiral

45 degree incline bench curls - getting the hang of using the muscle on these. developing more strength. got an extra rep on each set. very focused, in control.

Hammer Curls - oh yeah. getting tired by this point but remembering I had to get the reps & was no longer allowed to use weight i used to use. Getting reps at all costs, sometimes cheating a few at the end, other times short rest/pause (breathers) - got it. Feeling brachialis - getting rid of spaghetti arms from the front - developing depth - focusing on that

cardio - 30 min on the bike. reviewed workout then read Flex magazine. Good article on another training methodology incorporating higher reps & confusion. always good to read, but I stick with my program - its working!

What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.

3) Constantly push my limits in the gym outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth
    give myself credit for this on biceps. On tris - still learning form on some of the exercises & muscle connection so not saying I pushed limits yet!

4) Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym.
    a. I WILL earn my pro card at Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, pushing myself outside my comfort zone into the zone of muscle growth. I am gifted. I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE.
    BUSY DAY BUT I AM ON TOP OF THIS. Also, not just writing I will earn my pro card at Team Universe but now writing I WILL EARN MY PRO CARD AT TEAM UNIVERSE THIS YEAR.....
    reminder - go for what you really want!

7) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    6) Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish eating them within 15 minutes of the first bite
    came home to a flooded floor - pipe burst - had to do emergency clean-up put a meal 20 min behind. however - I was focused that I needed to get it in ASAP!

Now - time to finish listening to those last 15 min of the conference call before I head out again!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AT TODAY - at the top of the list:
    10) Set alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip coffee, straight to breakfast like Mon-Fri, get to the gym when they open at 8AM.

As soon as alarm went off, got up, the first weekend of the month I take tape measurements to check my progress. Needed to get to the gym as soon as they opened to get everything in & be at an event I had at 1. No sacrificing my standards to make the event - must get everything done so tape measurements, get card ready for a friend, scripture reading read, breakfast cooked, review workouts, get focused, recyclable in Jeep & down the road to hit dump on the way to the gym getting it all done from every angle.

Workout analysis:
    Abs - listened to MM power statements - new I had a busy day & wanted to reinforce everything in my mind my identity & all my standards. Working heavy with abs - remembering to focus on using my abs & really feel them.

Triceps:
    Pushdowns - last time around I went a bit heavy & sacrificed some peak contractions & used some body language. Backed down just a bit this time to really get full extension & focus completely on the muscle. Remembering my tris need to get sore tomorrow - really feel them while using max weight.

Speaking of sore - quads sore from leg pump yesterday - again, see how only 8 sets can do so much damage - creates that "sense of urgency".

Machine tri extensions - last time I used this machine, it was my first experience w/ it. Learning to master it. This time, really was able to focus on pushing/squeeze & hold with tricep. Very focused. Not quite as heavy as last time in the final sets, but I think better focus, better all in all.

Pushdowns - got an extra rep on 2 sets

Cable curls - remembering to breathe & really feel in bis. going heavy. Feeling peak contraction. To failure. getting stronger each week

DB curls - moving up in weight. No longer allowing myself to use what I used to use. Its just a constant state of progression. Everything is hard until it becomes easy, then move up in weight, it becomes easy, constant upward spiral

45 degree incline bench curls - getting the hang of using the muscle on these. developing more strength. got an extra rep on each set. very focused, in control.

Hammer Curls - oh yeah. getting tired by this point but remembering I had to get the reps & was no longer allowed to use weight i used to use. Getting reps at all costs, sometimes cheating a few at the end, other times short rest/pause (breathers) - got it. Feeling brachialis - getting rid of spaghetti arms from the front - developing depth - focusing on that

cardio - 30 min on the bike. reviewed workout then read Flex magazine. Good article on another training methodology incorporating higher reps & confusion. always good to read, but I stick with my program - its working!

2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.

3) Constantly push my limits in the gym outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth
    give myself credit for this on biceps. On tris - still learning form on some of the exercises & muscle connection so not saying I pushed limits yet!

4) Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym.
    a. I WILL earn my pro card at Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, pushing myself outside my comfort zone into the zone of muscle growth. I am gifted. I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE.
    BUSY DAY BUT I AM ON TOP OF THIS. Also, not just writing I will earn my pro card at Team Universe but now writing I WILL EARN MY PRO CARD AT TEAM UNIVERSE THIS YEAR.....
    reminder - go for what you really want!

6) Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish eating them within 15 minutes of the first bite
    came home to a flooded floor - pipe burst - had to do emergency clean-up put a meal 20 min behind. however - I was focused that I needed to get it in ASAP!

Now - time to finish listening to those last 15 min of the conference call before I head out again!

Click here to order
    You truly are a MASS MACHINE Henderjb! I can't wait to see you get that procard!

MzJules
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Sunday - Day of Rest - its all your perspective

Sunday, day of rest, so much to do today. usually get more done on Saturday, here's how yesterday went:

6AM alarm goes off, monthly tape measurements, get a card ready for a friend, hit the gym at 8:20 (20 min later than planned - needed to run recyclables by the dump & misplaced "that card" I needed for the friend), great workout 8:20 to 10:20 - post-workout shake in, shower, meal 2 within an hour, 2 meals in heated lunch box, out the door, to a friends 40th b-day surprise party w/ my husband, grocery shopping, home - water pipe burst, flooded house, clean-up, meal due - 20 min late - emergency clean-up, cup of coffee, sit down & check forum, write journal, out the door - promised to give the "challenge" a rest for eve & have dinner w/ husband. Usually get some cooking done & prep on Sat, but needed to dedicate some time to others. Remember - like Skip says, give people what they want & you get what you want.

So here we are today, what needs done:
    1) church - 7:30 - take my dad. he needs to get out of the house & needs company too
    2) laundry - favorite workout outfits dirty
    3) cook meals as follows - that's cook each of these meals for all 7 days of the week - I do my prep on Sunday:
    Meal 1 - cook it every morning fresh - no issue
    Meal 2 - postworkout recovery shake
    Meal 3 - oatmeal, craisins, bannana, eggs
    Meal 4 - burger, pita, beans, rice
    Meal 5 - fish & rice
    Meal 6 - chicken, yam, veggie of choice
    Meal 7 - cook it fresh at home each day - no issue

4) pack vitamins - I carry a weekly pill case but the "weekly" case is just for each day. I take various vitamins spread out through the day. Need to pack one for each day of the week

5) Journal entry

6) Homework assignment

7) weekly photos. Also, this is week 8 & every 4 weeks I take mandantory photos as well

8) Read devotional midday & again in eve - just because i went to church today doesn't relieve me of this duty

9) have at least an hour to rest this eve, spend time with my husband & keep the peace, & get mentally ready for tomorrow including review of tomorrow's leg workout

10) Keep up with the "Challenge" - support other Mass Machines & read their posts, watch their videos. I am a Team player & I want to give back

11) Email my trainer w/ my latest measurements & photos. I honestly feel I am getting a little "bottom heavy" (looks good in mandantory photos but these relaxed picture for Skip......) maybe its time to cut back a bit, but maybe not, only 1 mos to go until I start contest diet & I know I am making good muscle gains. We'll see what she says. I know I am "bulking"

SO WHEN I THINK ABOUT ALL THESE THINGS THAT I HAVE TO DO TODAY, I THINK THIS:
    YOUR MIND & HOW YOU VIEW THINGS IS THE MOST POWERFUL TOOL YOU HAVE .................just like the MM Power Statement about how you view your body

YOU can get OVERWHELMED & DRAG YOUR FEET about all there is to do, OR, you can VIEW IT AS A CHALLENGE! A RACE! TO SEE JUST HOW FAST & HOW MUCH YOU CAN GET DONE!

with that in mind! TIME IS TICKING - got this idea:

Click here to order

faster than a bullet train she's like bang, bang, you won't ever feel the pain, she's like bang! bang!

How am I doing on all this stuff? I'll be going back into this journal & editing it every time I'm done with an item - keep tabs on me!

More importantly - try this method of thinking in your life & see just how much MORE you can be!
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-04-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Thumbs up Sunday - Checklist - Time's at Tickin!

How am I doing?

So here we are today, what needs done:
    1) church - 7:30 - take my dad. he needs to get out of the house & needs company too (DONE)
    2) laundry - favorite workout outfits dirty (DONE)
    3) cook meals as follows: that's cook each of these meals for all 7 days of the week - I do my prep on Sunday:
    Meal 1 - cook it every morning fresh - no issue
    Meal 2 - postworkout recovery shake (DONE)
    Meal 3 - oatmeal, craisins, bannana, eggs(DONE)
    Meal 4 - burger, pita, beans, rice (DONE & JUST ATE IT TOO!)
    Meal 5 - fish & rice(DONE)
    Meal 6 - chicken, yam, veggie of choice (ALL COOKED, JUST NEED TO PUT INTO CONTAINERS - NOW DONE)
    Meal 7 - cook it fresh at home each eve - no issue

4) pack vitamins - I carry a weekly pill case but the "weekly" case is just for each day. I take various vitamins spread out through the day. Need to pack one for each day of the week (DONE)

5) Journal entry(all missions complete except #9 - signing out to complete it)

6) Homework assignment
    IN PROGRESS - Just relistened to podcast on this week's homework assignment in prep to do the assignment
    DONE - always find the assignments reinforcing. Thanks Skip for making me review this past year's routines supplied by my trainer & reviewing the philosophies behind each progression & I say PROGRESSION! we are progressing toward my goal

7) weekly photos. Also, this is week 8 & every 4 weeks I take mandantory photos as well (DONE)

8) Read devotional midday & again in eve - just because i went to church today doesn't relieve me of this duty (MIDDAY READING TAKING JUST AS SOON AS I COMPLETE THIS ENTRY)
    (MID-DAY devotional DONE - summary: "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." In my personal life, I need to remember to keep things in perspective w my bodybuilding & training goals & to always check myself making sure I am truely laying up treasures in heaven, not just on earth. Putting this out as a reminder to all
    (EVENING DEVOTIONAL) - DONE. summary - if I find myself in times of trouble, don't complain, accept the good with the bad 7 rely on God for help to get you through

9) have at least an hour to rest this eve, spend time with my husband & keep the peace, & get mentally ready for tomorrow including review of tomorrow's leg workout

10) Keep up with the "Challenge" - support other Mass Machines & read their posts, watch their videos. I am a Team player & I want to give back (IN PROGRESS - watched MzJules video - responded, responded to baldbird post, responded to Lex29us post)
    IN PROGRESS - Just posted a thread to remind others to listen to blogtalkradio.
    IN PROGRESS - responded to 2 PM's from Mass Machines asking questions

11) Email my trainer w/ my latest measurements & photos. I honestly feel I am getting a little "bottom heavy" (looks good in mandantory photos but these relaxed picture for Skip......) maybe its time to cut back a bit, but maybe not, only 1 mos to go until I start contest diet & I know I am making good muscle gains. We'll see what she says. I know I am "bulking"
    DONE! Glad I am taking these photos & staying on top of things! All the better for me getting that pro card - THIS YEAR! at the Team U!

12) Just added this task: Listen to blogtalkradio (DONE)

13) Adding this - laid out gym clothes & packed bag w/ work clothes in prep for tomorrow (DONE)

ONE FINAL EDIT! I AM A CHAMPION MASS MACHINE and I will earn my pro card at the Team Universe this year by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, constantly pushing myself outside my comfort zone into the zone of growth, using my mental focus techniques with physical anchor. I am gifted. I am a Champion Mass Machine!
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-04-2012 at 05:05 PM.

As always MzJules - thanks for cheerleading for me - I'm rooting for you - give me an M! give me J! give me a gooooo Mz!
    Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    You truly are a MASS MACHINE Henderjb! I can't wait to see you get that procard!

MzJules

Thumbs up Monday - Henderjb, you are a Mass Machine

Still hearing Kai say that over in my head - gonna put it on instant replay in the office -haha!

Well here's how today went. Got a good night sleep last night but woke up a lacking a bit of excitement - really I know it was work related.

Anyway, got in the preworkout & started to feel better. Put on my Mass Machine nutrition shirt just makes me feel better right away. Also wearing my Master''s Nationals tank top underneath to remind me of who I am & that I need to bust ass to compete with them.

Hit gym - put on MM Power Statements during abs. just kind of seems to reinforce what I need to do to reach my goals & get me confident & focused & ready to push with all I've got. Abs were very heavy & deep, working hard.

On to legs
    Seated Leg curs - first set slow, very controlled, felt heavy. worried I wouldn't be as strong today for some unknown reason. 2nd set got extra rep, 3rd set extra rep, final set - same weight/reps as last time not able to increase

Lying Leg Curls - down a rep here & there but I think the reps were more intense, really squeezing, not overexplosion, so satisfied

Leg Press - started 10# heavier - able to keep reps. 2nd set - 20# heavier - able to keep reps. third set 15# heavier than last week - 2 less reps
    Note: slow controlled reps w/ breathers to get to total reps. very in quads. A bit longer rest between sets but getting 100% mentally, physically, & emotionally ready for each set.
    Leg Press - varying stance - first set accidentally went a bit light. 2nd set - 5# less than last week but 4 more reps so better, 3rd set - same weight/reps
    Note: first set slow, 2nd set realized need to just blast it fast & explosive so switched styles - its a matter of overcoming fear here so the switch in styles

Lunges - focusing on keeping it in quads - able to get 2-3 more reps each set

Leg Ext - working on redefining failure by adding a few partial reps & really trying to dig deep

Back Pump - Trying to put as much effort into this to get my back sore from just those 4 sets just like I do on Leg Pump day.

THOUGHT OF THE DAY FROM PREVIOUS MM VIDEO:
    THERE IS ALWAYS MORE INSIDE OF YOU

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"

Wow - its leg day & I seem to be doing better w/ my workout standards than most other days. So that should mean my legs will experience outstanding growth if I keep it up!

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    Work was a bit "slow" and it was difficult to stay excited. Not negative, just kind of uninterested

What was GREAT about my day?
    1) The shout out from Kai is still awesome
    2) no conflicts today
    3) I got into the Poison tunes on Rhapsody - old school hair bands fun!
    4) I got my "flyer" started
    5) Qualified for discount on MK for the next quarter
    6) had a fun conversation in the locker room & my outfit was fun

What can I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Get excited about work
    2) Keep listening to great energizing tunes throughout the day

What an I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) recognize your results & let them drive you futher
    2) push new limits tomorrow in the gym & make yourself proud!
    3) keep watching videos that provide positive reinforcement
    4) check on Scott Roland - where the heck is he? He used to crack me up

Click here to order

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey henderjb!

Just stopping by to check in on you and see how things are going. Love your video posts. Keep up the good work!

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

Woke up this morning a bit surprised I wasn't cripple from the leg workout yesterday. I know I really pushed it.

Checked forum - didn't look like much was up (good because I need to get out of the house & get to the gym & to work!). On the drive in started thinking about what Skip wants us to focus on this week & videos. Neil Nemetz video came to mind & my thoughts I had mentioned he knew it would be a daunting task to add being a Champion bodybuilder on to his list of other committments (father, husband, work). I thought to myself, yep, been there, done that - your up for some challenges thats for sure - best of luck.
    Then I thought, this is one of those areas where I may be able to help. One of my missions in the Challenge is to help others in their journey. This is an opportunity to help & warn people of some unexpected challenges they may encounter. Hardest part of this video was I wanted to keep a positive spin. I actually did the video twice because the first time didn't turn out the way I felt is should come across.

Drive to the gym coming to an end - ooopppsss! I usually start the drive praying. Better get that prayer in now before I hit the weights!

Into the Gym, Workout Analysis:
    well I left the workout log at work today - had brought it in as I took notes in it today during cardio for the video I was planning to shoot a lunch.

No problem, during cardio, I also reviewed my workout, so I know from memory how it went:

Calves - continuing to push heavier weight, focusing on control & heavy & constantly striving to do more. Remembered my recent calves measurement showing increase.

Shoulders:
    Side Laterals - working on concentration & form with heavy weight. Did one warm-up set then into heavy working sets. No weight increase since last time around but last time my "warm-up" set was counted toward a working set. Not this time. Took bench in room by myself for better focus. Still need to work on confidence that I can do these heavy w/ good form.

Smith Press - using mental focus techniques w/ physical anchor to get in the prime state. Started 5# heavier than usual & got target reps. sets 2-4 not able to get as many reps as last time but remember, I started heavier. I was very focused & cranked & feel like I had to be hitting the muscle good.

DB press - getting stronger. started heavier. it was do or die. i did
    Modified laterals - slightly heavier & held reps
    Rear Delt - moved bench into a good "zone" away from others. This is when something struck me to put Jay-Z "99 problems" on that I downloaded last week & jammed out on quite often last week...hhhhmmmm.....
    Needless to say cranked rear laterals using slightly more weight & holding the reps.

Cardio - bike - well perfect time to write a rough draft of my thoughts for the video in my workout log & review workouts. Made cardio go by quick & I get a cranked thinking about the video too which helps crank cardio!
    Get your bodybuilding success on sale & listen for Skip’s answers

One more thing I meant to say in the video (you never can capture it all) - here's henderjb & the angle I am comming from:]
    1) Christian (God first)
    2) wife, mother of two beautiful Boxers (yes - dogs count!), one-parent left - tables are turning becoming a caretaker
    3) CHAMPION MASS MACHINE bodybuilder
    4) Full time Civil Engineer
    5) Mary Kay Consultant - yep! I love making other women beautiful!

What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at today?
    I was striving to do better than usual because I have realized I am pushing my meals to the 10 min of scheduled time as a standard not as a worst case
    9) Do something to help or inspire someone else EVERY day
    Hope my video helps somebody

1) The whole day was good probably because my attitude was positive!
    2) another opportunity has arisen! yep - thanks to hard work & effort & positive attitude!
    3) jamming in my cube to Poison & Motley Crue - instant energy helps get me through reading of boring documents!

What can I IMPROVE UPON to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Keep being me
    2) Keep pushing forward & pursuing your dreams
    3) Keep having fun with the Mass Machines

What can I do to make things EVEN MORE enjoyable?
    1) Do a "you might be a Mass Machine" video
    2) Keep up with the high energy by doing lots & being part of the excitement!
    3) keep finding ways to help other people. You get what you give

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Thumbs up Special mass machine task force

Hey MASS MACHINE!

With so many awesome features going on with the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge, it is important that we stay focused on certain key goals and objectives.

Let's all stay focused on bringing these eight (8) MASS MACHINE "Challenge" concepts to FULL FRUITION:

1. More MASS MACHINE video blogs; make sure we all have the graphics; let's make a directory; let's POST that MASS MACHINE YouTube directory at least once every couple of weeks.

2. Let's Create More Video Questions and Answers from MASS MACHINES; Keep them short; One question at a time (unless they all tie in); Make more small one--rather than less longer ones; I will get then answer them in a timely basis; Let's eventually promote them by themselves.

3. Keep the "You may be a MASS MACHINE if..." statements and videos coming!, They are AWESOME!; they have outstanding entertainment value and great for the "Challenge"; when there are enough of them, make a long video reel.

4. Stay Active on the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge BodySpace Body Group; continually drive MASS MACHINES there with questions and comments.

http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bu...ting_challenge

5. All passionate and win-win driven MASS MACHINES need to put every single Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition awesome products that they use on the BodySpace telling the world they use them! IMPORTANT: When you go to the "dropdown box" you will NOT see Mass Machine Nutrition in ALPHABETICAL ORDER! Go past the Z's--and then more companies come up in no particular order. There you will see "Mass Machine Nutrition."

6. Keep the MASS MACHINE Single Bicep Poses Coming!; do them in creative places; be funny; be creative; using Photoshop is acceptable if you are entertaining enough!; when you go on vacation or go someplace exciting--do the MASS MACHINE pose and take some pictures to share with us all!

7. SPECIAL MASS MACHINE TASK FORCE; stay in connect with this special team; continually give direction, feedback, and incentive.

8. Every MASS MACHINE needs to keep their Online Journal CURRENT and feel the power for doing so!

Thumbs up Wed - You Know Your a Mass Machine When!

This morning set alarm for 5AM even though all I had today was 30 min cardio before hitting work. Like to set the alarm early to get some reading done usually, but today, I had a special Mass Machine assignment to get some Mass Machine supplements added to my bodyspace page & do some Mass Machine product reviews.

Time to hit cardio, so downstairs I went. Playing power winning songs during cardio just to reinforce the mood & positive well being. Towards the end of cardio as I stared at my tripod & the mirror I do weekly photos in front of I thought of how being able to take photos on my own without relying on anybody else is one of the best things I've learned from this Challenge. Then I got the idea of - hey! That's why I am a Mass Machine. That thought progressed into thinking about how I have taken the power & am taking the power into my own hands with my life which led to a thought on taking the power on into my hands then grabbing MM250 & all the sudden I had a video idea!

Upstairs I went upon completion of cardio to grab the camera when I realized I left it at work yesterday when I did the video on Minimizing Price Tags. Bummer! That was going to be a great idea.

Up to shower - more thoughts - wait! I'll just grab the tripod & take it to work, wet up in the Gold's gym parking lot on lunch break & shoot! As you can see, the ideas just kept rolling until finally lunch break arrived:

Got another special assignment to take care of, moving towards my goals so going to just quickly review my daily disciplines because these are very important to reaching my goals then off to the next assignment!

8) NEVER sacrifice my identity or my standards to appease someone else or to avoid conflict. Take control of my environment, respect myself, assume CHAMPION, PRO, MASS-MACHINE identity

eating a little slow some times, not finishing fast enough - doing a lot, distracted

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-07-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Thursday - Starships were Meant to Fly!

Woke up this morning & checked email & found some good stuff. Another start to a great day!

On the drive into the gym I decided I had a video to shoot today & needed to forgo my original plan to hit Costco for the weekly "offering". Then thought - oh - camera is at home - on no its not! its in my purse for safe keeping! Better just carry a camera all the time these days - never know when its going to hit me to do a "shoot"!

Workout Analysis:
    Abs - listening to MM power statements. Heavy abs as usual - trying to focus on keeping it in my abs & not letting it go to hip flexors, also trying to remember not to just "settle" and squeeze out a few extra reps when I could

Back:
    Used my Haulin Hooks straps on first two "slow" sets of assisted pullups to help keep focus in back. Last week I was a bit tired & tended to overpower using arms. The "hooks" seem to prevent that. Last 2 sets more explosive - used regular wrist raps. Wasn't able to increase reps/weight but very good "feel".

Bar Row - Started 10# heavier than last time & pyramid up. Making progress toward more strength & good control. Using mental focus techniques to get in the prime state. Pushing outside my comfort zone.

Pulldowns - again used z-straps - made the weight feel heavier so actually got one less rep most of the time but kept it out of arms I believe.
    Pullovers - started 10# heavier & worked towards getting reps & redefining failure - making progress

DB Row - working heavy as possible w/ good form. using mental techniques to get me in the prime state. Increased weight on last set by 5#. Pushing outside my comfort zone.

Cable Row - keeping elbows tight, chest up & really squeezing. Got a few less reps than last time but very controlled & mind was totally in lats. Great deep feel

What Daily Disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELLat today?
    1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing.

What Daily Disciplines did I NEED TO IMPROVE upon today?
    took too long eating meal I shot after video - trying to get things uploaded & do other lunchtime stuff
    actually felt a bit flustered doing the video - had to wait for conference room to free up & put me a bit behind. Trying to hurry to get the video in & get other lunch stuff done too. For I minute I wanted to throw in the towel, but I had already promised the video on the internet & had to deliver. Glad I followed thru - once I set my mind to it all was well.

1) I am making progress accomplishing a lot
    2) I got a MANformation!

1) Remember this is fun - don't take things too serious!
    2) Don't get flustered on in a rush when you make videos
    3) Don't promise them on the internet - that way you don't feel "pressured" to deliver & can enjoy doing them more

What can I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) keep in touch with the other Mass Machines journals
    2) get your website going & ROCKETSHIP!

Calling All Mass Machines to ROCKETSHIP!

and you know you are a Mass Machine when:

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-08-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Thumbs up Friday - Starship still Flying

Well I am going to have to start by adding on what was GREAT about yesterday that happened after I did my journal. Decided to pop onto my web page & just play around a bit. I was amazed how easy it was to get started & soon enough I had it to the point I felt it looked good enough to debut it on the forum. What a feeling of pride & accomplishment - an elated feeling - so the post went off!

Bit of a rough night last night after that. Lost some sleep but maintained my starship attitude. Woke up this morning & just turned it over to God. This scripture verse came to mind which seemed to comfort me:
    Romans 8:28 - 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
    Not sure why this popped into my head unless it was straight from God but hey! it is straight from God!

Later on the forum Skip posted a clip of the conference call he called the Motivational Message, in it he talked about crystal balls & how it is so hard for some to push forward because we don't have crystal balls to look into the future & know for sure what we are doing will pay off or that our paths are correct. The scripture verse came to my mind again - crystal balls - I don't have one of those, but I have God & I just pray & ask that he guides me & that is better than a crystal ball. Anyway, on to the workout, more on the Motivational Message later when I get to "what was GREAT about my day!"

Calves - goal today was to maintain weights heavy as usual but work on getting reps up. I was able to get a few extra reps in. What I could have improved upon was focus. Had someone ask me a question about the Challenge just before I started my first set. Of course that set my mind spinning of what I really needed to let this person know is that this is just an awesome opportunity to learn not just how to train & eat but how to think. Took a quick second to relay this then back to work.

Chest:
    Flyes - working on keeping it out of shoulders & in chest. two extra reps on the first set, down a rep on the last set

Hammer Press - got a bit overzealous on the weight & reps should have been higher. Since my workouts vary from week to week I was trying to keep up with weight I had used on another workout where this exercise was first and I was fresh. Good to be pushing limits but watch reps getting too low. Also watch back arch. Significantly stronger than the last time I did this workout. Had to remind myself to look at it from that angle - positive angle, not look at it that I was not as strong as last time I used this machine when it was the first exercise of the workout.

DB Press- gained a rep here, lost a rep there over last time I did this workout. Keeping constant tension in the muscle though. just work on getting MORE!

Cable crossovers/pushups - crossover I typically use was occupied so can't compare weight/reps to previous workout.

Leg Pump
    Well I have to give myself an star on the BUCK up discipline. Really don't like wide stance leg press but forcing myself to do more. Am I a champion I asked myself? Was I going to NOT do what I was capable of and just settle? Hell no

Wide Stance Leg Press - Started 10# heavier than last time. First set slow - straight set. Second set - slow - but a few breathers to get to 15. 3rd set - pretty tough. Final set knew I just needed to get explosive & bang it w/o breathers just constant movement to failure - which ended up being 10. Work on constant motion, no breathers, thus the definition of leg pump.
    Supersetting w/ Pullthroughs - working on keeping the "balarina back" & pulling with hams - stretch & squeeze. Down a few reps in sets 2-4 but was pushing wide stance leg press harder

That brings me to another what was great about my day? After this was done & I stretched, Starships came to mind & put it on the IPOD. I am a straship & I was meant to fly. Sometimes, well actually quite often as of late, especially after leg workouts I get such a feeling of accomplishment, sense of pride, like a high that almost makes me so proud I could cry. As I stretched, this feeling hit me again & I decided Starships might need to be my posing song for the year.

Starships were meant to fly, hands up & touch the sky! Can't stop cuz were so high, lets do this one more time!

1) Skip's Motivational Message with a call out to henderjb at the top of the list
    2) Skip's Motivational Message - "If Ya'll Go To War For Me I'll Go To War With Ya'll!" You know I'm in & thank you, I really do feel like you've got my back
    3) The website is going out in more places than one
    4) I am thinking about how to build my website one step at a time. Just step by step little by little not being overwhelmed. Progressively moving forward. Have some great ideas already.
    5) I kept pushing forward
    6) the nap in the tanning bed was great & also gave me a chance to listen to part of the replay of the conference call before I went crashed out. Making best use of my time.

1) Get some rest & try to avoid losing sleep
    2) Keep focusing on you - that reminds me another thing that was great about my day, heard Skip's voice in my head from the video response when he said:
    "You are such a passionate woman, you know where you want to go and you know your value to the world. JUST FOCUS ON THAT.

What can I do to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) just focus on "that"
    2) go after what you want & get it
    3) get the webpage rolling. Use some vacation time to do it if needed
    4) wake up tomorrow with a positive attitude & just focus on what is going to be great. Great workout, massage after, day off work. Time to rest & refocus and move further towards my goals.
    5) remember to control your environment & never sacrifice your standards
    6) finish listening to the conference call & get your thoughts together for the assingment

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"

What daily discplines did I NEED TO IMPROVE upon today?
    Dinner was about 15 min late.
    Let's strive to make this discipline perfect tomorrow. Been getting this as a need to improve too often.
    As I got tired, found this tougher but a nap in the tanning bed makes everything okay!

These journals are pretty long that I write, but I find it helps me in many ways. One to focus on the day & what went right/wrong and also its just like I said about reading "thinking big" an elixor for the soul. A chance to express myself and its good to get it out.

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE a Starship that was meant to fly!

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-09-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on getting your website started. Its always motivating seeing people achieve what they set out to do.
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

Thanks for the support. I can't wait to really get it up & running - lots of great stuff & a great sense of achievement. Now I just need to start doing some of those killer workout videos like you have going on!
    Originally Posted by baldbird View Post
    Congrats on getting your website started. Its always motivating seeing people achieve what they set out to do.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Saturday - Arms, abs, & cardio

Got 7 hours sleep last night so a bit more than usual as of late. Alarm went off at 6 this morning as scheduled on Sat to get me off to an early start at the gym. Gym is now open at 7 on Saturdays so I can get there even earlier these days vs when they opened at 8.

Should have woke up feeling well rested but actually woke up w a bit of phlegm in the throat feeling and body feeling a bit ragged out but then again its Saturday & sometimes that is not uncommon for a Sat after a long week of training & work. some other stresses also.

Realized i forgot one of my key supps at work. had thoughts of sliding by before workout to get it but thought, no, we need to just hit the gym, that's just an excuse to delay, you don't need it now. Headed on in to gym

Reviewed the workout before I hit the gym. Good thing because when i got to the gym i realized I had forgotten my log book on the kitchen table. At first I thought, ****! what am I going to do. Then I realized I already had the scheduled workout in my head w/ target reps & weights so no worries - just like a mass machine move on w/ confidence.

Got to gym, on way to weight room encountered by a friend asking about my videos, told him about my website & took a second to be a friend. This put some more positive energy in me & off I went

Abs: listened to MM power statements, remembering my goals & trying to push limits

Arms:
    Pushdowns - increased weight last set
    Nosebangers - started 5# heavier. very controlled & in muscle. confident & focused
    Kickbacks - still working on getting peak contraction while lifting as heavy as possible
    took a quick break before I started to say hi to a friend & when asked how i was doing say "way good" and take a minute to talk about the Challenge, grab an email address to send my website to
    Bar curls - started 5# heavier & went heavier on my third set. focusing on pushing limits
    DB Hammer - lets get focused. working on lifting heavy while trying to keep form, feeling in brachialis, watching back arch & pushing limits
    Conc curls - still want to get weight up but working as heavy as possible for me. back & forth arms just enough rest to catch a breather (10 sec)
    When finished, arms felt thoroughly worked - not just a "burn" or a "pump" but a deep muscle feel
    Take a minute or two to stretch thoroughly then hit cardio

Cardio - 30 bike
    forgot workout book so couldn't review workout vs previous. Read Flex keeping HR in zone. a bit tired so watching the clock a bit but not too bad - reading & music was good.

After workout - slam that shake then slide by work to grab that supp. Not like i couldn't wait until Monday to get it but its that important to me to keep all supps as scheduled. This is another of those things I used to not do that I do now.
    1) pushing forward, sending out new emails about the Challenge & my website. Team building
    2) quality time with dad & also worked to complete my daily discipline of helping others
    3) sushi cheat meal! better get it while I can, I've already been warned that it will soon be ON! no cheats!

What about my day could I improve upon?
    1) better meal timing
    2) more time for forum & challenge but that is life

What can I do to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) get sleep & recovery tonight, wake up in morning refreshed with positive attitude & energy

10) Set alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip coffee, straight to breakfast like Mon-Fri, get to the gym when they open at 8AM

Let massage interfere w/ meal timing - 40 min later than optimal (still w/in 3 hrs of last meal but need to do better)
    In some aspects this is still challenging

Looking down at my "signature", I am still very glad I added the Kai quote to it so I see it all the time, "In Life, It is Always Up to You".

Make it happen henderjb! YOU are a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-10-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    Visit:

Post Conference Call 7 Notes - Cardio

1) Skip recommends apple or bananna & MM25 whey protein both pre & post cardio
    2) skip prefers cardio at a separate time of day than weight training but if this doesn't work for your schedule, don't do it or you may be running the risk of giving yourself a "cop out" to skip it
    3) Skip recommends 20 min as intense as possible cardio. Why? When its short, its like a challenge to push your limits & see what you can do in that time. Your body is always changing so if you aren't always pushing your limits & you always keep things the same your body will adjust & your results won't be as good as they once were
    4) cardio - why? overall health. It makes all the little things in life that you do physically each day that much easier.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Sunday - Keep on Keepin on No Matter What - this came easy today!

Got home from church with the Sun shining bright. Thought about how I had been through some challenges lately but I just keep on keepin on - had to grab the camera & do this shoot:

Then as I packed my vitamins & listened to blogtalkradio, had a question come to mind - well, guess I'd better grab that camera again.

After thinking more about my video, I realized I should have thought it out a little better and said this that I later posted on the forum:
    In true Mass Machine style this is the point I was really trying to make. Nutritional supplements are THAT important and this is the plan that I have devised for myself based on my research and the results I have show them to be effective! So with certainty & confidence I am keeping on keeping on with my plan.

I want the Mass Machines to realize the importance of supplements and the level of dedication & commitment to strive for! As for you - if you don't have a multivitamin plan that you are confident & certain of & the results you are seeing aren't what you want - go get yourself some MM30! Its THAT important!

Below I am pasting my homework assignment is going into my journal:

My Approach to Cardiovascular Training

My ultimate goal in cardio is to increase my metabolic rate throughout the day, maintain a healthy cardiovascular system which allows me to work harder in weight training efforts such as deadlifts and squats that require a strong cardiovascular system, and when done on my day off weight training to get me in the prime mental and physical state to start my day.

In the off-season, my cardiovascular approach is as follows:
    • Four each 30-minute sessions a week with three of the four days done after weight training and the fourth day done on one of my days off weight training. I choose to use a variety of equipment including the treadmill, stepper, elliptical, and bike.
    o Why four sessions?
     I believe this amount of cardio is sufficient to keep my metabolism running at top speed and keep my body in good cardiovascular condition which helps me in lifts such as squats & deadlifts that tax the cardiovascular system.
    o Why 30 minutes? I believe 30 minutes is a sufficient duration to provide the results I am after (raised metabolism, cardiovascular health, and calorie burning) and it does not overtax my life schedule.
    o Three of these cardio sessions are done after weight training and the fourth session is done on my day off weight training first thing in the morning after eating breakfast. The reasons why are as follows:
     After weight training I believe my body is in the prime state for fat burning. In addition, doing cardio right after weight training as opposed to at a separate time in the day works best with my schedule making things more enjoyable as I don’t have to drag myself back to the gym a second time during the day. It also reduces the risk that I might miss a scheduled session.
     Why is the fourth cardio session done on a day off weight training first thing in the morning after eating breakfast?
    • This cardio session gets my “machine” going for the day increasing my metabolism for the day, releasing feel good endorphins, and helps me stay focused on my goals, gets me centered for my day and gets me in the prime mental state for my day.
     Why do I eat first?
    • My goal in the off-season is to build muscle so I want to make sure my system is in an anabolic state all the time so I choose to eat first because if I did cardio on an empty stomach I run the risk of burning muscle for energy.
     Why I choose to use a variety of equipment
    • To tax all my muscles and keep my body guessing and to minimize weak links
    • It keeps it more mentally interesting
    • Bike allows me to read & review my workouts after training

1) I was very happy, smiled a lot & enjoyed every step of the bodybuilding process!

What daily disciplines did I need to improve upon today?
    1) eat all meals on time - got sidetracked by a VERY important phone call which pushed a meal further behind than it should have been.

All things said - I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-11-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Visit:

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey lady.
    Just caught your latest video. Your quads are looking pretty impressive. Testiment to your hard work. You are truly an inspiration, and a great rep for Mass Machine training and information.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!
    TRAINING HARD, & THINKING BIG!!

Follow me on my Mass Machine Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post842138641

Click here to order
    Skip LaCour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Thumbs up Monday - Legs - Recognize Results & Let Them Drive You Further

I am finding that recognizing your results & focusing on them helps push you further & get you in the right mental state. After the leg workout, I shot this.

The key phrase item Skip wants us to "focus" on this week is "focus". Leg workouts require a great deal of focus so thought I would share my thoughts on the "focus" that went into my leg workouts with the Mass Machines.

Evaluation of my workout in other terms:
    Quad Extensions - was not able to increase weight but was making sure on my heaviest sets to use full range of motion
    Leg Press- started 10# heavier & pyramided up to 10# heavier
    Hack Squats - held same weight for all sets. Didn't go up as heavy as last time around but last time I did not maintain constant tension in my legs, dropped too deep, & powered out of the "hole" too much. this time working on constant tension, really working muscle, limit resting in a set to the last rep
    BB Lunge - didn't go as heavy as last time but had better focus & constant tension/control of the weight. Better use of muscle
    Lying Leg Curl - more weight than last time around
    Stiff Leg Deads - working to true failure - thinking what hurts worse, to not go to failure or to fail! The shame is not in failure, it is in stopping short

Pullups - used "u" hooks to keep better focus in back. This is back pump. was not able to go as heavy but that is inherent of the "hooks" I believe & I didn't use them last time

What daily disciplines did I do exceptionally well at today?

You can never do this enough!
    Visit:

Hey thanks Lex! I'm waiting on that squat video of you to blow me away!
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Hey lady.
    Just caught your latest video. Your quads are looking pretty impressive. Testiment to your hard work. You are truly an inspiration, and a great rep for Mass Machine training and information.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    Visit:

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey there little Ms ball of energy! Quick comment on your leg workout video, Jayflex approves! lol Nice job! leg day happens to be my favorite day. We all have our challenges. Love the "spin dr." strategies. Very well done.

Click here to order
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey thanks Lex! I'm waiting on that squat video of you to blow me away!
    Got legs tomorrow, so I'll be sure to get in some video footage. I'd like to get skips commentary on how I'm doing. Stay tuned!

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!

Sweet! Thanks for the warning - I'll be on the lookout for QUADzilla!
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    Got legs tomorrow, so I'll be sure to get in some video footage. I'd like to get skips commentary on how I'm doing. Stay tuned!

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    Visit:

Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    henderjb thanks again for that recommendation of filming workouts. It is something I have literally been pondering a lot today and let me tell you, I can't stop thinking big. Thank you thank you thank you!

Click here to order
    James Canzanella
    Winner of Skip La Cour's 6 Month Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge

b: http://www.jamescanzanella.com/
    y: http://www.youtube.com/AMmuscleAHP
    f: http://www.********.com/james.canzanella

Question Tuesday - Hmmm.... pros & cons

It was a Mass Machine day if I ever saw one between shooting a video in the morning, training feeling less than up to par, seeing all the commotion no the forum about who's top 5, starting the work day, hair appt at lunch, got back shot a quick video on my answer to part 1 of who was top 5, back to work, end of day, hit the forum again for a follow up post to answer part 2 of Skip's question.

Lets start with training analysis:
    Yesterday felt so tired, took nap in tanning bed when i got home & hit bed relatively early to get rest. Feeling a bit of the bronchitis coming back that I had exactly a month ago.

This morning, felt a bit off, headed to gym anyway. Shot video in locker then out to hit calves.

During calves having hot flashes & really feeling like that flu was coming back on, had to try to make gains anyway or at least hold my ground. Lost a rep here & there but went heavier on last set of seated calves regardless. Still maintaining good focus in calves. Feeling bad enough at times I had thoughts of maybe I should take a day off, but nah, I am a Mass Machine, pushing on.

Shoulders:
    Actually made strength gains but the energy/intensity wasn't there. Because of this I give the workout a 5. Although the strength was good the pace was too slow & the focus was lacking.

Cardio: was conscious that I wasn't feeling that well & I needed to keep a good eye on my heart rate to keep it the target zone. Did a good job with this.

Workout evaluation - hate to say it but it was a 5 & I don't think I've ever written that. I expect more from myself but today the flu was definately there impacting me. No worries, I'll kick it. It can't get me again, not full blown, I kicked it already once.

Periods of feeling very ill/off throughout the work day both yesterday & today, but being a Mass Machine & being involved in the Challenge has kept me more productive regardless.

Note:forgot to take vitamins w/ 2 meals - get with it! Had to combine some

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON TODAY?

I REALLY HATE THIS! I MEAN I HATE TO WRITE THIS but I did the best I could with my illness. Not the workout I am accustomed to & NOT what I expect from myself.

1) The videos & the excitement of the Challenge were great!
    2) I made the call to Gold's to set up the booth!
    3) I have my plan of action in place, now just step by step to accomplish it!

1) get to bed soon, don't get distracted. need to recover. focus on goals

1) knock things off your do to list!
    2) get better & have a OUTSTANDING workouts the rest of the week

Note: legs are very sore from yesterday - this is good. Shows that the "focus" pays off.

Before I go any further, 2 things to add.
    1) Always remember to keep GOD top priority & give all thanks to him FIRST! going to the forum to edit my video #2 now w/ this.
    "You will keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in YAH, the Lord is everlasting strength".

Okay & one thing I found amusing today, I drank some "breathe deep" tea for my bronchitis this evening & the tea bag had this tag, "When you are in tune with the unknown, the known is peaceful". Just kind of funny!

Video of my top 5 picks & answer to Skip's #2 question on what I am going to do:
    Now, for the answer to part 2 of Skip's question:
    Other noteables & constructive criticism:
    Balbird & Casey - great training videos & consistent. Show us more & from different angles.
    Tseagle - you just have to want it!
    Talh - you've got heart - keep showing it, keep stepping up, & keep manning up to the challenge!

2. What are you going to do to elevate yourself into the Top 5 or solidly your position in the next 16 weeks?
    • Call my Gold’s Gym & set up a date for my Mass Machine Nutrition Booth (call by end of day 3/14; target booth date Wed evening March 21st.)
    • Complete my website with my history, how I discovered Skip La Cour & Mass Machine Nutrition, additional links to Challenge, my goals, supplement reviews of Mass Machine Nutrition products I am currently using. Target completion or near completion scheduled in time for my Mass Machine booth. (This is going to require a vacation day off work – it’s worth it!)
    • Hold Mass Machine Booth at Gold’s to demo MM250 & introduce Mass Machine nutrition. Hand-out flyers I generate encouraging others to join the “Challenge”, follow along with me in the Challenge via the forum, my journal, my you-tube, and my website & on my journey to the Team Universe.
    • Continue to do an outstanding job of spreading POSITIVE ENERGY & motivation by putting forth 100 percent effort in my contest preparation which will represent Skip La Cour & Mass Machine Nutrition well, recommend Mass Machine nutrition products when asked by others during my competition (this occurs quite frequently), encourage/allow others to follow along on my journey bringing more attention/awareness to Skip La Cour & Mass Machine nutrition, and when I win Team Universe – Thank GOD (GOD first), Skip La Cour, the Challenge, and all the Mass Machines!
    • Work with the SPECIAL TASK FORCE to come up with new ideas to bring attention to Skip La Cour and Mass Machine Nutrition on a GLOBAL scale, bring new members to the Challenge, and more positive energy!

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-13-2012 at 06:52 PM.
    Visit:

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It was a Mass Machine day if I ever saw one between shooting a video in the morning, training feeling less than up to par, seeing all the commotion no the forum about who's top 5, starting the work day, hair appt at lunch, got back shot a quick video on my answer to part 1 of who was top 5, back to work, end of day, hit the forum again for a follow up post to answer part 2 of Skip's question.

Lets start with training analysis:
    Yesterday felt so tired, took nap in tanning bed when i got home & hit bed relatively early to get rest. Feeling a bit of the bronchitis coming back that I had exactly a month ago.

This morning, felt a bit off, headed to gym anyway. Shot video in locker then out to hit calves.

During calves having hot flashes & really feeling like that flu was coming back on, had to try to make gains anyway or at least hold my ground. Lost a rep here & there but went heavier on last set of seated calves regardless. Still maintaining good focus in calves. Feeling bad enough at times I had thoughts of maybe I should take a day off, but nah, I am a Mass Machine, pushing on.

Shoulders:
    Actually made strength gains but the energy/intensity wasn't there. Because of this I give the workout a 5. Although the strength was good the pace was too slow & the focus was lacking.

Cardio: was conscious that I wasn't feeling that well & I needed to keep a good eye on my heart rate to keep it the target zone. Did a good job with this.

Workout evaluation - hate to say it but it was a 5 & I don't think I've ever written that. I expect more from myself but today the flu was definately there impacting me. No worries, I'll kick it. It can't get me again, not full blown, I kicked it already once.

Periods of feeling very ill/off throughout the work day both yesterday & today, but being a Mass Machine & being involved in the Challenge has kept me more productive regardless.

Note:forgot to take vitamins w/ 2 meals - get with it! Had to combine some

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON TODAY?

I REALLY HATE THIS! I MEAN I HATE TO WRITE THIS but I did the best I could with my illness. Not the workout I am accustomed to & NOT what I expect from myself.

1) The videos & the excitement of the Challenge were great!
    2) I made the call to Gold's to set up the booth!
    3) I have my plan of action in place, now just step by step to accomplish it!

1) get to bed soon, don't get distracted. need to recover. focus on goals

1) knock things off your do to list!
    2) get better & have a OUTSTANDING workouts the rest of the week

Note: legs are very sore from yesterday - this is good. Shows that the "focus" pays off.

Before I go any further, 2 things to add.
    1) Always remember to keep GOD top priority & give all thanks to him FIRST! going to the forum to edit my video #2 now w/ this.
    "You will keep him in perfect peace , whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for in YAH, the Lord is everlasting strength".

Okay & one thing I found amusing today, I drank some "breathe deep" tea for my bronchitis this evening & the tea bag had this tag, "When you are in tune with the unknown, the known is peaceful". Just kind of funny!

Video of my top 5 picks & answer to Skip's #2 question on what I am going to do:
    Now, for the answer to part 2 of Skip's question:
    Other noteables & constructive criticism:
    Balbird & Casey - great training videos & consistent. Show us more & from different angles.
    Tseagle - you just have to want it!
    Talh - you've got heart - keep showing it, keep stepping up, & keep manning up to the challenge!

2. What are you going to do to elevate yourself into the Top 5 or solidly your position in the next 16 weeks?
    • Call my Gold’s Gym & set up a date for my Mass Machine Nutrition Booth (call by end of day 3/14; target booth date Wed evening March 21st.)
    • Complete my website with my history, how I discovered Skip La Cour & Mass Machine Nutrition, additional links to Challenge, my goals, supplement reviews of Mass Machine Nutrition products I am currently using. Target completion or near completion scheduled in time for my Mass Machine booth. (This is going to require a vacation day off work – it’s worth it!)
    • Hold Mass Machine Booth at Gold’s to demo MM250 & introduce Mass Machine nutrition. Hand-out flyers I generate encouraging others to join the “Challenge”, follow along with me in the Challenge via the forum, my journal, my you-tube, and my website & on my journey to the Team Universe.
    • Continue to do an outstanding job of spreading POSITIVE ENERGY & motivation by putting forth 100 percent effort in my contest preparation which will represent Skip La Cour & Mass Machine Nutrition well, recommend Mass Machine nutrition products when asked by others during my competition (this occurs quite frequently), encourage/allow others to follow along on my journey bringing more attention/awareness to Skip La Cour & Mass Machine nutrition, and when I win Team Universe – Thank GOD (GOD first), Skip La Cour, the Challenge, and all the Mass Machines!
    • Work with the SPECIAL TASK FORCE to come up with new ideas to bring attention to Skip La Cour and Mass Machine Nutrition on a GLOBAL scale, bring new members to the Challenge, and more positive energy!

Click here to order
    Wow, impressive plan Mz Henderjb ... and I love how you called me M.....Z....Jules ...kinda kicky!! I go to gold's gym too. they wanted nothing to do with promoting the Challenge because it was attached to a product which they do not want to endorse! They have their own Challenges running. Very snooty people in Marin County.
    You are doing so awesome.

MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Great video. Nice job with pushing MM250 and skips website.

-Lex

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order

Thumbs up Wed - Enjoy the Journey

Woke up this morning feeling a bit sluggish again. Still that flu. Headed downstairs nevertheless to get that first meal in, throw in some laundry, jump on the forum & peak at some things during breakfast & leave a few comments. Grabbed my old photo albums from 99 to 2001 & tabbed out some pages so I could take the albums with me to work & hopefully get some photos scanned for my website.

Downstairs to cardio, still feeling like I'm dragging ass. But then got on treadmill started running & all kinds of ideas & great thoughts about what I am going to accomplish started running through my head. Enjoying my journey on the treadmill.

Mad dash to the shower & off to work with that photo album in hand.

At lunch decided I really needed to take 2 hrs vacation & take an extended lunch to get caught up on Mary Kay calls, get photos scanned, and feel like I was moving forward. If I don't feel I am moving forward I feel uneasy.

Spent an hour on the scanner at CVS. Was totally worth it getting photos scanned. What memorabilia. Old wins, newspaper articles, old friends - this is what its all about. Women at the counter at CVS were taking notice admiring my organization & a customer came by to admire photos. I have all these photo albums completely organized from year after year of my shows because each show I put so much work & effort into that I always took time after the shows to put albums together & I guess "enjoy the journey".

Planning to take Monday off work to have a long weekend & get my website started.

Need to step back from the forum a bit & focus on what I need to do. Remember my goals & make sure my training is on spot & I get physically rested & back up to par. On that note, going to cut this short - well short for henderjb. Cut to the chase

What DAILY DISCIPLINES did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing.
    after seeing the EXTREMEGRACE signature I realized I must definately add a scripture verse to mine so done
    Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

What DAILY DISCIPLINES did I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    Pushed lunch meal out - in the middle of scanning photos. Did not interfere w/ other meal times so I'm not really worried about it & was w/in the 3 hour max between meals but not ideal. Will never happen during competition phase.

Need to write my goal:
    I WILL earn my pro card at the Team Universe THIS YEAR by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits outside my comfort zone into the zone of growth. I am gifted. I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order
    Visit:

Thumbs up Thursday - Enlightened & Ready to Roll!

Woke up about 1:30 last night & couldn't get back to sleep. Then I had the thought that I should go downstairs & listen to the "leadership" podcast that was on my "to do list". Some very interesting points & a little tough love too. At first not sure how to take but after I listened & laid there a second I thought hey - this is awesome, I am going to step up & become an even better leader, find out how to make sure I can put the right focus on my plan to emphasize Mass Machine & make sure it is not viewed as "all about me" because that's not who I am or what I want to portray.

Felt enlightened after listening & began to have all kinds of great ideas. Never did really get back to sleep, but woke up ready to roll & get on with my ideas! Before I headed off to the workout, lets do this quick video!

Then off to do abs, back, & cardio.

Abs: working heavy, trying to get extra reps, aware of the fact that my body wasn't feeling the best energy wise - mind good & excited, but body just still hit by some of that flu

Back:
    Since my body wasn't feeling 100% I put extra effort into my focus techniques to get myself in the zone before each lift. Consciously trying to push my limits.

Bar Rows: started 5 lbs heavier & worked up to same weight as last week concentrated on good form w/ heavy weight.
    Pulldowns: last time I wrote I wanted to work on peak contraction so this week I did while trying to maintain weight
    Hammer Rows: last time I played with techniques - explosive verses more controlled. Realized I feel it better when I keep it more controlled but yet as heavy as possible. Hard contractions with controlled negative. sweating very hard - hot flashes w flu I believe
    Rack pulls drop to shrugs - thought last night I would video to help push me (kind of like an audience). Started w/ 225 vs. 205 last time around & worked up to 245 faster. Video on 3rd set. Traps & lower back getting sore already this eve - that's good. Still need to work up heavier. Grip is the main issue even w/ wraps.

Workout was probably an 8. What could have been better was the intensity (pace). Not at full energy & having a bit of trouble feeling pump Tuesday & today. Mondays legs was the only workout I have been 100% satisfied w/ this week. Might need to hit the dr. again to kick the bronchitis - we'll see.

conscious effort to do this knowing I wasn't feeling 100%

What daily disciplines could I have IMPROVED UPON today?
    conscious effort to do both of these but want to do better

Now, off to complete a SPECIAL TASK FORCE MISSION!
    I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-15-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Fry it Friday! Chest Fry that is!

Well isn't that cool, a quick scan down my journal getting to the end & realize its kind of cool to see those videos & get a quick reflection on my week. Been a bit of a challenge healthwise anyway but otherwise stable. Monday was a great leg workout but Tuesday I was impacted by illness & workout wasn't up to par, Wed day off, just cardio, then Thursday still struggling but pushed through with my mind so I was satisfied with the workout, today I was Back! Yes Back! to me! started rolling with calves & was very into it. Then got fired up feeling my normal energy start to rush as I started on chest. By the time I got to leg pump, it was still running strong! Yes! I'm back! Feeling like myself. Didn't catch the conference call last night, listened to part this morning & will finish up in a bit, but knew I needed rest to prevent going down & get back up! It was a good decision.

Workout Analysis:
    Calves - weight is already very heavy & reps in the 8 range typically so decided to leave weight where it is & work on reps. Did squeeze out an extra rep here & there making progress. Good control, completely in calves.

Chest
    Hammer Press - oooo.... remember the other week when I put on 3!HO3 song Bang Bang! Oh yea, lets go BANG! so off it was, this time making sure not to overarch my back like I caught myself doing the other week trying to push heavier weight. Was able to push that heavy weight but use my mind to power it out, not bad form!

Incline DB Press - not allowed to use the 40# anymore. So 3 sets 45# then last set 50#. Getting stronger. Stronger than before. Next thing you know I'll have the 60#'s!Very good form, very focused, felt piston-like. Stalking around the bench, grabbing the DB's like i was going to give them a beating, and I did! yes! I'm back!

Peck Deck & flyes - working on increasing weights. good job. meeting goals

leg pump - all lunges - but I remember the last time I did these how "high" i got, how much energy, & that helps to get me going again. Like a rubber band constant tension, control, balance, imagine string on top of head keeping back & shoulders up, all legs

1) Well heck, isn't it obvious, the AWESOME WORKOUT & my energy was back!
    2) met my girlfriend for coffee at lunch (yes I brought my own food & my own powdered creamer)
    3) today was a very balanced day - workout, work, time w/ friend
    4) I am taking off work Monday to get my website fully underway! I am excited & relieved! I have the weekend (Sun & Monday) to myself - house & all! Nothing but a weekend full of bodybuilding!
    5) hit a couple journals tonight. I enjoy that.

1) have an awesome workout tomorrow!
    2) finish the podcast of the conference call - in just a sec

yes! i love it when I can write that!
    yes! again!

What daily discipline did I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    Took too long eating lunch - chatting w/ my girfriend. took about 30 min to eat

Lets do that conference call!

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    Visit: