Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Your goals can be better by becoming more specific

Your standards are driven by your goals. The more intense, clear, & focused your goals are its easier to step back and create those daily standards that you need to do every single day to achieve your goals when they are clear, concise, and specific

What specifically is a higher level & how would you know that you achieved that higher level?

Motivated to succeed - What has to happen in order for you to feel the level of motivation that you want?

Self belief, self-confidence, how would you act, how would you not act, how would you feel, what would you do when you have that self-belief. What are the indicators that you know you have achieved that? In the gym, on the stage, in your every day life, in your job

Role model - how are you going to do that?
    You are a Star Hender. SEE IT, FEEL IT, TASTE IT, TOUCH IT, HEAR IT, SMELL IT, DOWN TO THE LAST DETAIL. BE IT!! And one thing that really stood out for me in that answer he gave you was "Go for what you want, not what you think you can get". You can WIN!! I believe in you !!

MzJ
    Last edited by MzJules; 02-22-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Back - If I Think It I Must Do It!

Workout assessment:
    Good abs - working heavy & very focused.

Rows & Pulldowns - Getting hard contractions, harder than last time around I believe, using my focus techniques, but was not able to increase weights.

High Row/Low Row superset - High Rows Stronger - Low rows messed up first superset - too light. Didn't count. Some loss of focus during supersets of pulldowns/rows due to having to work-in with others using the equipment. Had to fight to keep focused but did pretty well.

DB Squat Thrusts - video on these. Thought last time I did these that I would video this time to push myself a little harder. Used 90#, 95#, 100# vs. 90/90/95 last time I did these (4 wks ago). held reps

Hyperextensions - did a good job of going to true failure. Keep pushing the limits of failure.

What Daily Disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    hmmmm.... don't like this - nothing standing out that I was exceptional at, just average
    What Daily Disciplines do I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    well all of them! Average isn't good enough! WTF - been a bit of a rough day, tomorrow I will do better!

Tomorrow will be awesome!

What was GREAT about my day?
    1) The video was cool, although my form needs improvement. Still laugh at myself - what's wrong w/ me - a little crazy...
    2) The weather was beautiful outside & the minute I stepped outside the office my energy improved!
    3) Good thoughts of encouraging words from Skip wandered in & out of my head
    4) I started answering some of those questions from Skip's video response - think maybe that was some of my "offness" today, just caught up in thought of who I am & a bit bothered I don't have all the answers ........ yet! really more bothered by others who don't understand me and are afraid to let me fly

What can I do to make my day EVEN BETTER?
    1) Answer those questions!
    2) Be able to express who you are & what is going on. You are going through another "growing" phase in life. You need to fly
    3) Be excited & happy & think about everything positive that is resulting & will result from your personal growth

Wat can I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) Let go
    2) Take off work early tomorrow - enjoy your day & answer your questions! completely find yourself & be excited about your opportunity. no matter what - you will succeed

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE! Guess what else? I will earn my pro card at Team Universe THIS YEAR! Yes! This year! Think of what you will do with it! Think of how much you are & how much you will be. Enjoy every step of the journey.
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-23-2012 at 06:42 PM.

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm suckin it all & shooting for the stars! You are a star too - I saw your name listed on the forum in the list of leaders!

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    You are a Star Hender. SEE IT, FEEL IT, TASTE IT, TOUCH IT, HEAR IT, SMELL IT, DOWN TO THE LAST DETAIL. BE IT!! And one thing that really stood out for me in that answer he gave you was "Go for what you want, not what you think you can get". You can WIN!! I believe in you !!

MzJ

Just revisiting Skip's video response again - remember this:
    don't be outwardly driven. It is all about you. That is when you know that you are in control of your own life

Good advice when kept in perspective

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2) Be able to express who you are & what is going on. You are going through another "growing" phase in life. You need to fly

Thankyou for that vid. Hender, you made me laugh out loud! Watching you fills me with joy. I completely understand these words you wrote. Flying is just taking off, when you get high enough in your mind, and use the tools we are being given, I believe YOU WILL SOAR.

Your Friend ... MzJ .... and what list? on what Forum?
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mass Machines!

Steve (gymrat) asked me to add daily macro-nutrient percentages to the spread sheet I did last week. Ask and ye shall receive!

If you get a "read only" file message, simply rename the file and save it to your computer.

Here's the link to download: http://www.muscleworx.com/newMMNspread.xlsx

Jason

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey henderjb I finally got my video blog started. Stop by and check it out. Thanks for the kick in the *** to get me started.. :-) http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBaldbird?feature=mhee
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

Awesome bladbird -left you a message on the forum & subscribed to your channel. Way to rock!
    Originally Posted by baldbird View Post
    Hey henderjb I finally got my video blog started. Stop by and check it out. Thanks for the kick in the *** to get me started.. :-) http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBaldbird?feature=mhee

Thumbs up Friday - Woke up on the side of the bed that I won

yep, just like Flo Rider says in the song "good feelin" that's how I woke up this morning. Sleeping less & less. Just excited about the Challenge, visiting journals, watching the forum, so much to do. Also still thinking about Skip's video response & my answers to the questions he posed me with. I am actually so bothered by wanting to find out exactly what I want in life & answering those questions that I took the afternoon off work to get my "homework" done & have time to answer the questions for myself. I a going to keep this journal short because I've got the video up to rewatch & answer the questions one by one. I was going to type my answers in the journal, but I am doing a video response, so going to hand write & keep everyone in suspense!

Workout analysis:
    Calves - was very focused & very controlled. executed with confidence. more weight & maintained reps

Chest
    Lifting heavier weights. Reps on last set down to 6 zone sometimes but need to push heavier weights. The reps will come up. This is just another adjustment phase pushing me into another level of muscle growth

Leg Pump - Lunges - working heavier. Need to relax my upper body a bit, not "brace" myself for the heavy weight. Did not let myself back down. Remembered I wanted to be able to say I met the "buck" up daily discipline & I did!

looking back, I remember feeling a bit tired today. feeling a bit sluggish in the mind. getting less sleep. may be that or may be just the decisions I am thinking about affecting me & pushing my limits

What daily discipline did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at today?
    1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing.
    I have been very close to God today, asking for guidance in all my decisions.

2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.
    was focusing on this but need to do better still yet

3) Constantly push my limits in the gym outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth
    was focusing on this but need to do better still yet

4) Keep focused on my goals
    very in thought all day. very focused

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"

9) Do something to help or inspire someone else EVERY day

What daily disciplines did I NEED TO IMPROVE UPON today?
    6) Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish eating them within 15 minutes of the first bite
    got caught up in doing my mass machine homework - ate dinner 20 min late!

7) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7
    Did well, but also laced with fear & doubt. A lot of deep thought, excitement but want to make sure all my decisions are right especially in God's eyes

Last night I knew I would be outstanding today. I said I would be. I was. I WILL be outstanding tomorrow & every day. I am a Champion Mass Machine.

Watching that video now - going to make some big life decisions

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.

[QUOTE=henderjb;837731541]yep, just like Flo Rider says in the song "good feelin" that's how I woke up this morning. Sleeping less & less. Just excited about the Challenge, visiting journals, watching the forum, so much to do. Also still thinking about Skip's video response & my answers to the questions he posed me with. I am actually so bothered by wanting to find out exactly what I want in life & answering those questions that I took the afternoon off work to get my "homework" done & have time to answer the questions for myself. I a going to keep this journal short because I've got the video up to rewatch & answer the questions one by one. I was going to type my answers in the journal, but I am doing a video response, so going to hand write & keep everyone in suspense!

Did well, but also laced with fear & doubt. A lot of deep thought, excitement but want to make sure all my decisions are right especially in God's eyes

Watching that video now - going to make some big life decisions

Hender,
    You are an extraordinary woman. Do not expect to lead an ordinary life. Dieing to hear your answers.

MzJ

MzJ

Thumbs up Saturday - Got Those Questions Answered

Stayed up late last night answering those questions that Skip posed to me. Felt relief but still had some outstanding questions. Woke up this morning, had those answered to! Time to do a video response. Its a lot out there, but I think it will benefit the Mass Machines & I have some MORE questions for Skip!

Up at 6AM - got to the gym about 20 min later than I wanted. Mainly because I decided to check the forum & was totally psyched when I saw MzJules video. I thought to myself - woman, you are definately getting a video response from me!

Excited to get my questions out on video, but needed to keep my priorities straight & hit the gym first.

Here's the analysis:
    Listened to the MM power statements during abs & to help reinforce everything in my mind. Got totally psyched during supersets of close grip bench & dips. Started 5# heavier & aimed for setting a new standard for failure on bench dips. Think everybody in the gym had to see/hear me pushing & gruntin - it was all out!

Next exercise for tri supersets was very distracted. Z-bar I like to use was taken & the machine was too. Had to switch to a different machine & improvise a bar. Told myself a pro can get a great workout using anything & reminded myself not to let me use it as an excuse to do less.

On to biceps - had some doubt about if the weight was too heavy for my goal (burn), but told myself I had to go with it. I did & my bi's were really getting hit. One arm preachers, decided to use same weight throughout vs pyramid to allow one arm after the other w no rest & better focus. Worked out very well.

Rope Hammers - last exercise, starting to lose intensity but reminded myself to get back in the zone & started kicking it up again with a change of "tunes".

What Daily Disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at today?
    1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing.
    very in touch with God today
    2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.
    good, but still need to be better
    3) Constantly push my limits in the gym outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth
    8) NEVER sacrifice my identity or my standards to appease someone else or to avoid conflict. Take control of my environment, respect myself, assume CHAMPION, PRO, MASS-MACHINE identity

What Daily Disciplines do I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    10) Set alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip coffee, straight to breakfast like Mon-Fri, get to the gym when they open at 8AM.

What a great day - a lot of standards done EXCEPTIONALLY well. Taking it to "another level". Got so much cooking done also because I had so much energy from the video & from getting my questions answered.

Video uploading now - very slow connection - about 6 hours to upload! that's okay - teaching me patience!

Click here to order

Got to the gym 20 min later than planned - caught up on watching videos on the forum

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just got done watching ur video. If I die and don't winn the challenge!! Awesome that's exactly what Skip was talking about with mind set. There isn't a doubt in ur mind that u have this. Don't let anything stand in ur way.
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

Thumbs up

Thanks for the note baldbird & if I die - you better do that video! Its anybody's game & I am loving playing it - got to love a CHALLENGE!

Click here to order

Just got done watching ur video. If I die and don't winn the challenge!! Awesome that's exactly what Skip was talking about with mind set. There isn't a doubt in ur mind that u have this. Don't let anything stand in ur way.

Sunday - Thanking God I got Those Videos Uploaded!

Wow - took 10 hours to upload video 1 yesterday. Wanted to go to bed early last night but the video still had an hour to upload, so laid on the couch & took a nap then got up, checked on the video & waited for those final moments to finish downloading! Finally - success! Part I of the video was uploaded:

Started uploading part II, hoping it would upload while I was asleep. Woke up this morning, only 22% had downoaded then there was some type of error! Ugghhh - rebooted system, tried to upload again, hoping it could upload while I was at church. Got home from church - ugghhhhh - upload failed! Try, try again- got to get part II up! Does God not want me to put part II up - I hope that's not it. Upload again - finally, after like 5 tries & another 8 hours, part II was uploaded - victory at last!

These are the best things I have learned from this Challenge so far - learning about myself.

Today is a day of training. Getting ready to head down to the basement & do those weekly photos & turn in the homework assignment.

1) My friend came back to church w/ me & we had a great coffee break afterwards - lots of POSITIVE ENERGY!
    2) I did a MK makeover, I did stuff for the Challenge, I called my dad to make sure he is doing okay, I am handling my time very well, getting things done. What is it? Its positive energy!
    3) The Mass Machines on the forum are great. This is a great "Challenge"
    4) The videos are going great!

What about my day can I IMPROVE UPON?
    1) nothing yet! how about that!

What can I do to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Keep it coming!
    2) Get ready for tomorrow's leg day. Get focused on your training goals. Remember your body is the vehicle. Remember you WILL win the pro card at the Team Universe THIS YEAR! You better bust your Ass!

What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at today?

What daily discipline do I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    6) Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish eating them within 15 minutes of the first bite
    One meal was half hour behind - should have worn my watch & taken the meal into the coffee shop to be more cautious. Just got caught up in positive energy conversation!

Lets go do those weekly photos!

Coming back to my journal just before hitting the hay - just reviewing my workout & realizing I haven't written this today, which is one of my daily disciplines:
    I WILL earn my pro card at Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, CONSTANTLY pushing my limits outside my comfort zone into the zone of growth, using my mental strategies with physical anchor for prime performance, I am gifted. I am CHAMPION MASS MACHINE

& I WILL BUST ASS LIKE A MANIAC IN THE GYM TOMORROW - loving legs!
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-26-2012 at 06:05 PM.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You've heard of Tebowing....

..and, of course, Planking...

Now it's time for...

MASS MACHINEING!

Who will be the first MASS MACHINE to post their MASS MACHINEING picture or do the pose in their video?????

Get CREATIVE!

Get FUNNY!

Let the competition begin!
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Well I was going to save this picture to upload tomorrow so as not to put too much up today, but the pose is appropriate. You know, I've been thinking that it looks kind of weak that I haven't had a profile photo up and you know I have no intentions of looking weak! So, I found a photo that most embodies who I am and it just so happens, I am Mass Machining.

I'll tell you the story behind this photo & why it embodies me best. I was at Pitts Masters National last year when a "fan" from the audience caught me & asked me to pose with him. At first, I was kind of embarrassed. Who am I? Why would he want a pose w/ me? Well to him, I was somebody & my friend encouraged me to take the photo, so I did. Why does this photo embody me best? Well for one, it shows I really care about people. Two, its shows that I am fun loving. Three, it shows a bit of muscle with a feminine flair.

One other message about this photo. It is a reminder to always set a good example because you never know who is watching you!

Mass Machine henderjb now with a profile pic!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    You've heard of Tebowing....

Who will be the first MASS MACHINE to post their MASS MACHINEING picture or do the pose in their video?????

Get CREATIVE!

Get FUNNY!

Let the competition begin!

Thumbs up Mass Machining Monday!

What an awesome day! Thanks to pphelps getting the ball rolling. I was fired up when I saw Skip's post to who was willing to throw up progress pics. Progress pics I thought - oh no, its time for an internet POSEDOWN! Then I thought, lets really get the Mass Machines rolling & ask Skip how many photos he needs to see before he'll post a pic! Got a response back saying - henderjb - are you calling me out w/ a single bicep pose.

Had to be dedicated & hit the gym & train. Then headed to work - dying to get to lunch time so I could upload!

Then on my "to do" list was upload a profile pic. Already had it picked out. How perfect could it be when I got home from work & saw Skip's Challenge to "Mass Machine". I had the perfect pic & a story to boot! And if it wasn't for my "calling out" of Skip to send us a pose, we'd have never had the opportunity to throw up our Mass Machine shots!

Okay - downside- I am still up again! Should be hitting bed soon but so much smiling & fun. And oh yea, lets not forget the awesome video I saw from talalelh15 saying great things about my passion & how he was going to step up. Okay - gonna be a few more minutes before hitting the bed - got to pop in to two journals tonight - pphelps & talalelh15.

Okay, I'm back - ended up popping in on 5 journals - can't help it! Like crack *******! Okay - focus

workout analysis:
    Turned on IPOD, realized the battery was low. A bit distracted. My jams are part of my "focus" technique & I was afraid it would go dead. Don't let that happen again! Fortunately, it lived.

Abs - listening to MM Power Statements. got interupted during abs by someone asking about what I had at the "Mass Machine" booth the other week. Answered questions, got an email address to follow up. Kept focused on abs. Pushing the limits on them.

Leg Extensions - had a goal set in my head - got it! I am now using 20 more lbs than what I used to be able to use.

W.S. Leg Press - pushing more weight & telling myself there was no way i would fail. Increased the weights significantly over last time around.

Need to work on focus/balance in step-ups. Cranking out hams - upped weights. Still need to focus on keeping it in hams on DB pull throughs.

Back pump - remembering to keep driving hard. Create a sense of urgency - only 4 sets.

At end of workout, I felt i really lifted heavier w/ the legs than last time, but still wasn't satisfied. I want more! Getting a hemroid today - I am going to say that is good....... means I was really pushing....

One thing I do want to note is that I was taking 1-MR preworkout before I started taking MM250. At first, the MM-250 seemed so mild I wasn't sure I like it but now the 1-MR seems too strong & I don't like it. it overcranks me, makes me nervous. MM-250 really is my preworkout of choice

What Daily Discplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at today?
    8) NEVER sacrifice my identity or my standards to appease someone else or to avoid conflict. Take control of my environment, respect myself, assume CHAMPION, PRO, MASS-MACHINE identity

What Daily Disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    Running errands while eating lunch - took too long to eat

1) The fun with the forum!

1) don't forget to charge your IPOD
    2) don't get in such a hurry you misplace things

What can I do to make things EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) Keep doing things that help & inspire people. the "joy" in my heart is was makes it all worth while

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-27-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When you can make a statement that due to your leg training you are getting a hemroid....thats what I call HARD CORE!!!

Its always a pleasure as well as informative, reading your journal JB.
    Keep it comming.

-Lex
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

You just cracked me up HARD CORE! I did write that didn't I & yes I am still paying for it today!
    Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    When you can make a statement that due to your leg training you are getting a hemroid....thats what I call HARD CORE!!!

Its always a pleasure as well as informative, reading your journal JB.
    Keep it comming.

-Lex

Thumbs up Tues - Calves, Shoulders, & Cardio Standards

Workout Analysis:
    Seated Calves - started 5lbs heavier & pyramided up quicker in weights. really working deep. good focus.
    Standing Calves - worked w/ same weight as last week. Was not able to go heavier, but I believe I taxed my calves more on the seated calves than last week which would stand to reason why I was not able to increase standing calves this week.
    You are at a point where you are just going to have to keep pushing each week w/ confidence that the weights you are using now w/ lower reps will come up into higher reps & you will be able to increase weight again. just keep pushing.

Shoulders
    Remember to keep the "ballarina" back on the rope pulls & have confidence in balance & weight
    Machine Front Press - got 1MR on almost every set. This is just a matter of confidence. Put Foxy Shazam "The Temple" on & rolled. Then got into the Dead Weather. Good focus music.
    BB Up-n-backs - took bar into a room by myself for best focus. Was amazed at how much control I had. I could see myself & my shoulders looking the way I want to look. Reminded myself of the weight i can do when using a plate so this bar should be easy. With that mind set, it was.
    Side Laterals - need to work on confidence, getting reps up, focus
    Shrugs - need to stick w/ it in my mind better, but good control, hold 2 sec at peak, slow neg, body immobile

Cardio! Finally - I could do cardio! Why couldn't I wait to get to this? Because when I was reviewing my workout before the workout, i realized I had cardio today after weights & that it would be the perfect opportunity for a video! On the drive into the gym, I was thinking about how i could set the camera up to be able to capture me while on the bike. Then I got a great idea - I'd get jerry to film me! How perfect! I knew he's always on the bike in front of me. Jerry is a personal friend & a great guy, always a hoot! I sent him the link to the video & he loved it - he'll be telling people in the gym about it all week!

What Daily Disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    was able to do it on camera today!
    I was constantly thinking about this during workout & did not go until I was focused.

What Daily Disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    Started out very good but on last two exercises, needs improvement

1) The video was a highlight & planning it
    2) I am finding my mind keep coming up w/ ideas. Not there when I go to bed but when I get up - voila! something is there!
    3) The days are getting longer & the sunshine is awesome
    4) Hit the tanning bed tonight - something I enjoy
    5) Cindy said, "we love watching henderjb TV at our house"
    6) making progress towards my goals
    7) disciplining myself well at work checking quality of product

What about my day could I IMPROVE UPON?
    1) Find more ways to get excited during & about my work day
    2) forget about this evenings negativity - focus on where I am going!

1) Have a great day tomorrow! Wake up on the side of the bed that you won & stay there! Stick w/ what you have planned - have confidence!
    2) Enjoy & appreciate your day off weight training tomorrow
    3) Enjoy every bit of sunshine & feel every bit of fresh air
    4) Find as many ways to inspire & create positive energy as you can tomorrow!

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-28-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Thumbs up Wed - More Cardio Standards & Moving Forward

Got the thought last night that I would do a video this morning it was my "cardio only" day & there is a different angle to my approach.

Click here to order

Had some negative energy going on last night but chose to defeat it & push on not letting it affect me. Got up excited & ready to hit the cardio so I could do the video after. Video ended up being the highlight of my day. I have watched it a couple time. It makes me proud to see me pushing on with positive energy & proud of who I am.

1) the video - makes me proud, makes me happy, gives me a sense of accomplishment, working towards my goals
    2) watched a portion of Skip's video response to me reminding me of who I am, helping to make me stronger & remember positive thoughts about who I am
    3) the work meeting turned out to be not a big deal - this was good
    4) I kept pushing forward all day staying focused on my goals & making progress
    5) when I got home, the evening actually turned out good....until just a few minutes ago......ignore it stay focused on goals. positive energy 247
    6) I thought a lot about who I am & that the "nervous" kind of feeling I am feeling is good because I am working towards my dreams & goals. Those who feel comfortable are just that, comfortable & they are the ones looking at people like me saying I wish I could

What can I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) always remember to move forward
    2) remember that being uncomfortable is a good thing, it means you are pushing yourself
    3) continue to be in control of your environment & take control of it. "In life, it is always up to you." - Kai Greene
    wait - that one is going on the forum right now

What can I do to make things EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) follow thru on your next video
    2) buy a professional movie maker & forgetting about the frustrations on not being able to get movie maker to work
    3) get another memory card for your camera so you don't have to worry about running out during a shoot
    4) get cranking tomorrow at work. Be proud Marion is done - that was you start to finish!
    5) have an awesome workout tomorrow & recognize all your progress

Things to remember:
    IF I THINK IT I MUST DO IT & never back down

Reviewing Skip's video response again:
    I will earn my pro card at Team Universe THIS YEAR!
    DON'T BE PATIIENT! Go for what you really want, not what you think you can get - I think I can get it too!
    Take out that word IF - its not IF, its WHEN

These videos are timeless - conditioning myself to be mentally stronger. reinforcing self-belief

Going to review my answers now as a reminder
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-29-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Post Answers for Skip - Video Response 1 - Disciplines

Just reviewed my video response to Skip as a reminder of what I want. Here are my notes that I wrote to go by when I did the video response:
    What specifically is a higher level?
    • From a physical standpoint
    o Gain 10 more pounds of quality muscle while staying hard & shredded
    o Maintaining a symmetrical/feminine physique – classic look. A physique that all women admire – one that INSPIRES!
    o I consider my body a masterpiece, a form of artwork & I am building my masterpiece. It will only get better
    o Earning my pro card is just another indicator that I have reached a higher level
    • Why are the physical parameters I identified important in achieving a higher level?
    o My physical body is a way of displaying the true power that lies inside.
    o It shows my mind-set. A strong mind is able to control the body.
    o By displaying an outstanding physique, I am actually displaying an outstanding inner person. One that is capable of handling anything she puts her mind to.
    o The physical parameters draws people to me & opens the door for me to be able to inspire them & show them my inner strength, share my passion, love for life, and positive energy & happiness with them. I am happy when I am spreading happiness.
    • A higher level is being able to share my passion & touch more lives than I am touching now and to find as many ways to do that as I can.
    • This “Challenge” has already allowed me to touch lives & soon after joining I realized this was an amazing opportunity to allow me to share my passion with others, so I started on it – immediately and want to take full advantage of it.

How would you know that you achieved that higher level?
    • I would have feelings of joy, inspiration, & excitement in my heart LIKE I DO NOW! I would be constantly high on life.
    Motivated to succeed, what would it feel like?
    • I would wake up every morning excited about my day, with a zeal for life! Like I woke up this morning, on the side of the bed that I won!
    Motivated to succeed, what has to happen in order for you to feel the level of motivation that you want?
    • I need to spend more time doing things that I am passionate about and less time at the office
    o What I am passionate about is this sport & my love for it and sharing it with others.
    o Skip – give me suggestions on opportunities & ways I can do this
     Civil Engineering job pays the bills. The things I am passionate about don’t
     Time constraints - time left after work, workouts, food prep, & household chores doesn’t leave time for much

Motivated to succeed, what has to happen in order for you to feel the level of motivation that you want?
    • There is no doubt in my mind that I am motivated to succeed, but I need to take all the parking breaks off. This means I need to not hold back. I know the things that hold me back.
    • I need to receive positive feedback on a consistent basis from others to know I am making a difference in their lives. The positive energy I feel from others & the admiration/respect I get from others makes me want to give it back 100% and then some. (Note: this is not good based on Skip’s advice to not be outwardly driven)

Self belief, self-confidence, how would you act, how would you not act, how would you feel, what would you do when you have that self-belief. What are the indicators that you know you have achieved that? In the gym, on the stage, in your every day life, in your job
    • I would be able to make decisions quicker & more confidently on my own.
    • I would not second guess my decisions. I would not ask for the opinion of others in decision making. I am going to be aware of this & start implementing it now. Just ask for wisdom from God and be confident that you will receive it.
    • I would feel in control of my life, my thoughts, my actions
    • In my every day life, I would not let others make me nervous when I feel they disagree with me or are not happy with what I am doing. I would let someone else’s behavior effect mine.
    • On the stage, I would be much as I am now. Confident and proud because I know I work hard & deserve my just dues.
    • On the job, I would not get nervous or flustered when under pressure
    • In the gym – never be distracted by others. Video whenever I want, not worrying about anybody else & what they might think. Act much in the way that I am acting now. Knowing who I am & being proud of myself.
    • When I have that self-belief & confidence, I will be able to achieve EVEN MORE incredible things. The sky is the limit. I will go after everything & anything I want with 100% certainty & confidence

Role model - how are you going to do that? nationally, in your city, whole globe?
    • Lead by example
    • Why am I answering these questions & sharing them with others? I am role modeling – leading by example.
    • I am going to go AFTER the things I want in life. Do things other people want to do but are afraid to do.
    • Be outstanding/different – physique & my standards
    • I am going to be a constant source of positive energy & inspiration by constantly achieving & meeting goals showing others that they can.
    • Take advantages of opportunities like this “challenge”
    o win the challenge
    o creating a new opportunity to meet Skip in person & train with him.
    o Give opportunity to video my time with Skip so that the everyone can benefit
    o By winning this Challenge I am going to show others that you can & teach them to take advantage of all their opportunities.
    o I am certain that Skip will help me with the video. The video will generate more momentum for his Mass Machine product line so Skip will win also. This experience will create a connection with Skip which I am sure will lead to other opportunities for success & open new doors
    o Website – yes, I want my own website. This is another opportunity to share myself with others. Whenever I find a female bodybuilder with a website, it tells me she is serious. I am serious & I have a lot of history to put on a website. The “evolution” of henderjb which is still evolving. Skip – can you tell me how to go about doing this?
    o Mass Machine Both – evening booth – generate more momentum. Share with more people.
    o Skip – what opportunities are out there for me that I may not be aware of?
    • Be the Tim Tibo of bodybuilding sharing my belief and faith in God with others & making others think about theirs and saving eternal lives.
    Fullfill your potential - what exactly does that mean to you? Win contest, what time frame, as a role model, coach, what does that mean? with body?
    • Take full advantage of my life & every opportunity given to me. Use all the gifts that God has given me.
    o I realize the value of life (mom/dad). Life is short, you don’t know how long your health will last. You need to realize what a blessing your health & all your capabilities are & use them to your fullest potential. I am offering this advice to the Mass Machines.
    • Earning pro card – it is an indicator that I have reached a “higher level”

I AM GOING FOR WHAT I REALLY WANT IN LIFE which is ALSO WHAT I THINK I CAN GET!

Final Question for Skip & all the Mass Machines – what can I do for you?

Your dam straight this is getting a Mass Machine logo!

Click here to order

jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jayflex6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey thanks for the kind words. I just realized that I haven't been subscribed to your journal lol. That's changed now again like i've said before your enthusiasm is contagious. Keep it up and coming!
    A Captain for "Results University." Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Challenge

bodygroup: http://groups.bodybuilding.com/mm_bulking_and_cutting_challenge
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141324201

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion....Impossible is nothing." - Muhammad Ali

Thumbs up Thursday - No BACKing out!

No backing out of a great workout or a good day. Rough eve last night, didn't get to bed until late. Woke up this morning determined to make win, win, win no matter what! I can handle anything! I am winning. One way or the other, I will win!

Message from the daily bible devotional today is to love others. Remember that. Can't be much more straight forward.

This eve, I am doing my journal before I leave the office for a change. Well see how that goes.

Workout analysis:.
    Abs - cranked them heavy listening to MM power statements. Good control over lying crunches & increased weight

Back
    Pullups - first set had too much use of arms, but got out an extra rep. Next sets worked on keeping it in back but still getting an extra rep. Last set couldn't get an extra rep over last week. Good job though, remembering to have heart, don't be afraid I won't get that extra rep. Still need to continue to improve reps on pullups & confidence. I will get better.

T-Bar rows - started 10# heavier than last week & worked on mind control & keeping constant tension pulling with back. I say good job on these but still, remember how much weight your trainer uses, what you are using isn't heavy - keep pushing

Bar Rows - a bit smoked from the t-bars, but refocused, changed music from Lil Wayne to Jay-Z "power". Immediately felt my "heart" come back.
    Straight arm pulldowns - was able to get more reps & keep good focus in back
    One-Arm Cable Rows- need to work on getting stronger, pulling low to hip. Started 5 pounds heavier first set - was able to hold reps.
    Hyperext - having to remind myself this was "to failure" & just because you beat last week doesn't make it "failure". Need to work on that - I dont think it was true failure - tending to stop after I got that extra rep over last week. Running late - a bit dstracted also by time but I was going to make it happen no matter what today.

Cardio - reviewed workout for today & tomorrow.

1) I never gave up. Kept moving ahead. I winning, no matter what
    2) I am taking action
    3) I am a positive thinker
    4) I liked the new MM cribs video - good to see the two of them enjoying the process & working together. Realize what you've got you two
    5) I was able to listen to part of the weekly conference call in the background while I was working
    6) checking out my computer to see if I have wireless in the parking lot - moving forward - I do!
    7) having fun & feeling stress relief right now as I write my journal - katy perry is good stuff too - positive energy on the rhapsody

What can I impove upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) keep moving forward - that is the only direction to go
    2) do your video tomorrow at lunch
    3) express yourself

What can I do to make things EVEN MORE enjoyable?
    1) keep being me!
    2) remember to enjoy the sunshine every day on your face & enjoy every breath of fresh air
    3) Keep being a champion & a champion mass machine

1) Thank God Every Day for My Life - without him I am nothing - with him I am everything! Remember to keep his commandments & respect other people but respect yourself too
    2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologicially ready for every single set. thought this morning how I am becomming a master of my emotions, able to get myself into the right frame of mind under any circumstances.
    3) Keep focused on my goals
    4) Never sacrifice my identity

What daily disciplines do I need to IMPROVE upon?
    1) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude
    Had some negative thoughts creeping in, fought them off but I don't want any! and I won't have any! I can do & I know I can do, that wasn't an issue.

You know I think I'm about fired up now! Lets go home

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE! Tomorrow will be awesome! tonight I'll get caught up on that rest & have a great workout in the morning Mass Machine style!

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    No backing out of a great workout or a good day. Rough eve last night, didn't get to bed until late. Woke up this morning determined to make win, win, win no matter what! I can handle anything! I am winning. One way or the other, I will win!

Message from the daily bible devotional today is to love others. Remember that. Can't be much more straight forward.

This eve, I am doing my journal before I leave the office for a change. Well see how that goes.

Workout analysis:.
    Abs - cranked them heavy listening to MM power statements. Good control over lying crunches & increased weight

Back
    Pullups - first set had too much use of arms, but got out an extra rep. Next sets worked on keeping it in back but still getting an extra rep. Last set couldn't get an extra rep over last week. Good job though, remembering to have heart, don't be afraid I won't get that extra rep. Still need to continue to improve reps on pullups & confidence. I will get better.

T-Bar rows - started 10# heavier than last week & worked on mind control & keeping constant tension pulling with back. I say good job on these but still, remember how much weight your trainer uses, what you are using isn't heavy - keep pushing

Bar Rows - a bit smoked from the t-bars, but refocused, changed music from Lil Wayne to Jay-Z "power". Immediately felt my "heart" come back.
    Straight arm pulldowns - was able to get more reps & keep good focus in back
    One-Arm Cable Rows- need to work on getting stronger, pulling low to hip. Started 5 pounds heavier first set - was able to hold reps.
    Hyperext - having to remind myself this was "to failure" & just because you beat last week doesn't make it "failure". Need to work on that - I dont think it was true failure - tending to stop after I got that extra rep over last week. Running late - a bit dstracted also by time but I was going to make it happen no matter what today.

Cardio - reviewed workout for today & tomorrow.

1) I never gave up. Kept moving ahead. I winning, no matter what
    2) I am taking action
    3) I am a positive thinker
    4) I liked the new MM cribs video - good to see the two of them enjoying the process & working together. Realize what you've got you two
    5) I was able to listen to part of the weekly conference call in the background while I was working
    6) checking out my computer to see if I have wireless in the parking lot - moving forward - I do!
    7) having fun & feeling stress relief right now as I write my journal - katy perry is good stuff too - positive energy on the rhapsody

What can I impove upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) keep moving forward - that is the only direction to go
    2) do your video tomorrow at lunch
    3) express yourself

What can I do to make things EVEN MORE enjoyable?
    1) keep being me!
    2) remember to enjoy the sunshine every day on your face & enjoy every breath of fresh air
    3) Keep being a champion & a champion mass machine

1) Thank God Every Day for My Life - without him I am nothing - with him I am everything! Remember to keep his commandments & respect other people but respect yourself too
    2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologicially ready for every single set. thought this morning how I am becomming a master of my emotions, able to get myself into the right frame of mind under any circumstances.
    3) Keep focused on my goals
    4) Never sacrifice my identity

What daily disciplines do I need to IMPROVE upon?
    1) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude
    Had some negative thoughts creeping in, fought them off but I don't want any! and I won't have any! I can do & I know I can do, that wasn't an issue.

You know I think I'm about fired up now! Lets go home

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE! Tomorrow will be awesome! tonight I'll get caught up on that rest & have a great workout in the morning Mass Machine style!
    Hey girl, thinking about you today and smiling. Yes, this is about so much more but then it always was. We have something to prove ... Your bible verse ..... did you know that the word "love" is a verb? An action word. Which means you can "love" others with your actions and not like them. Ha!Ha! Serve but don't give your power away. Seriously. Very freeing actually. Yeah, I have come up against a challenge but I see it as a gift of time to evaluate and line up the new puzzle pieces I have been collecting. This challenge is just one more. There are many ways to still show up in this game because, again, it is about so many things. It will be a quick heal. Thanks for the luv.

MzJ

Just watched your video on cardio standards part2. Good stuff. I hope you don't mine me asking, but something was puzzling me. You said your not allowed to do more then 2 miles on the treadmill, but your allowed to finish off on the stair climber. Did you trainer say what the reason was behind this? The only reason I ask is becuase the stair climber seems to give me a better workout then the treadmill. Second question I have is about you having to slow down on your cardio cause you were burning to many calories. What was your cardio regimen before. You mentioned that your doing 4 days of 30 minutes now. Kinda make me feel like a slacker...lol. I do 2 days of 15min and 2 days of 30min not counting my 10 min warm up mainly due to my knees bothering me when I do to much. Anyways keep up the awesome work. Keep lifting big.
    Go hard or go home.

Hey baldbird - thanks for the feedback & ask me anything, no problem. My trainer wants me to do 30 min of cardio but said not to run any more than 2 miles. It takes me 20 minutes to run 2 miles at my target heart rate for fat burning (75% max HR). Since I am to do 30 minutes of cardio, I finish off the last 10 minutes on the stepper to meet my 30 min cardio session. She said you break down too much muscle running for more than 2 miles. I am sure there are a lot of philosophies but since she's my trainer I follow her recommendations. With that being said, I am sure Skip's Mass Machine cardio is kick-ass but he warned me not to mix & match training philosophies so I stick with my trainers advice. After all, I'm paying for it!

As for backing down on my cardio because I was burning too much I meant back down the intensity of my cardio. Like before I was getting my heart rate more in the calorie burning zone (85% max HR and above) so she wanted me to back down the intensity to more of a fat burning heart rate (75-85%) max. If you don't know already, you can find your heart rate by taking 220 - your age. Since I've been working with my trainer (since Jan 2011), I have been doing 30 min cardio 4 days/week during this "off-season". At first it seemed like a lot because in the years past I only did 30 min, 3 days per week, but like anything, you adjust! I do truely believe doing more cardio & eating more is much better for your physique than eating less & burning less.

Glad to see you on the forum a lot too with your videos. Still like that quote from Skip you posted in your journal about the Mass Machine chooses the heavier weight & lifts it with confidence!

Click here to order

Just watched your video on cardio standards part2. Good stuff. I hope you don't mine me asking, but something was puzzling me. You said your not allowed to do more then 2 miles on the treadmill, but your allowed to finish off on the stair climber. Did you trainer say what the reason was behind this? The only reason I ask is becuase the stair climber seems to give me a better workout then the treadmill. Second question I have is about you having to slow down on your cardio cause you were burning to many calories. What was your cardio regimen before. You mentioned that your doing 4 days of 30 minutes now. Kinda make me feel like a slacker...lol. I do 2 days of 15min and 2 days of 30min not counting my 10 min warm up mainly due to my knees bothering me when I do to much. Anyways keep up the awesome work. Keep lifting big.

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MASS MACHINE henderjb Gets A Shout Out From One of Her Heroes!

Click here to order
    .[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by skiplacour; 03-02-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Thumbs up Friday - Got my Finger on the Tringer Like BANG! BANG!

Woke up this morning feeling a bit tired actually, although I got a good night sleep last night. Just been a bit of a tough week but really proud I've pulled through awesomely! Popped on the forum, saw pramirez31180 decided to purchase packing on mass DVD's from Skip & is fired up. That was good because pramirez31180 this all sparked from my post on the forum of this quote from Kai Greene that pramirez31180 liked: "In life, it is always up to you". Glad I made that post, something good came of it.

That set the stage for the gym, feeling like I am making a difference & firing me up.

Workout analysis:
    Calves - Listening to MM Power Statements. Working on total focus.
    Donkey calves - Wasn't able to increase reps but focus & muscle connection was prime.
    Leg press calves - held same weight as last week w/ no increase in reps, but again, very controlled, in muscle, improved with that respect.

Chest
    cable crossovers - good contraction, building intensity each set. continued listening to MM power statements. In the back of my mind, a bit worried about my performance today, realizing my body is just sore/tired (this is a good thing) but after a few sets here - I felt it - ready to roll!

Hammer Press - change music, put on 3!HO3 - relatively new song I downloaded - really got me cranked. Played it over & over again until midway through chest workout. Faster than a movin train she's like bang bang........she's got her finger on the trigger like bang, bang!
    Bang banging out the weights!
    Pushing slightly heavier weights than last time but that's outstanding because I was pushing heavier last time too.
    DB press - still bang, banging it out working on lifting more & getting reps up as they are relatively low now being that I am breaking in new weights
    Pullovers - had thoughts of not going as heavy as last time on my max set, but then said why push this hard the whole workout then not push all out on the last exercise, so slammed it.

Leg Pump
    hack squats - started a bit heavier than last time. Realized after 2nd set I was dropping too far in the hole & using too much hips to drive out of the bottom not keeping constant tension in legs. Rectified this even though it cost me reps. Reminding myself its not about reps if its not in the muscle. Should have started a bit lighter & pyramid up more to get it in the muscle vs all out at the start. its a mind thing - working on focusing with my mind that it didn't hurt, why do I dislike? Focus on results. Think of the weights as bags of dog food seems to help - its not that heavy, just bags of dog food on my shoulders
    Butt Blast - I hate these - no I love these. Think of my butt & how awesome it will be - don't know how I feel about writing that in my journal......
    With these, its all about focus & constant tension & driving through the burn. Getting better at them, realizing I control the weights, they don't control me.
    Must have been effective - quads getting sore already tonight.

Note: biceps sore along w/ parts of back (mid-traps, not lats). When I am too tired but try still try to push weights, sometimes I lose the back focus & hit the bis. Watch that.

very good on calves & chest. Still need improvement on leg pump to hit target & fully control.
    7) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7 - really high all day

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"
    20 min behind eating lunch - in the middle of video shoot on my lunch break. wanted to complete while I had the conference room

Okay - we are going to have to have a new #1 - just saw the shout of from Kai that Skip posted on the forum & in my journal! See what I would be missing out on if I didn't work this hard? I wouldn't have gotten that shout out courtesy of Skip
    1) The workout! Bang! Bang!
    2) good music in general at work - jay-z, ozzy
    3) I had fun - incorporating the mass machine challenge into my lunch break realizing I am making my day fun by doing things throughout the work day that make it fun. Enjoy it while it lasts. Some days are too busy but try to remember to take time to have fun & do things like the video during lunch when you can.
    4) people at work are fun too
    5) lots of great ideas

What about my day can I IMPROVE upon?
    1) realize that you need to hold your ground too. Remember - No compromise of identity (just thinking of Mzjules post in my journal about love but not having to like -ha!

1) Keep having fun!
    2) hold your ground

and now for the video I had fun with today:
    We’ve seen a lot of “takes” on MM-250 but I don’t think its been covered from this angle until now. I had planned to do this video today but a great workout this morning inspired some effects. Also, after reflecting on my week & some challenges of the fellow Mass Machines it was time for some more positive energy. Should I mention Scott Roland? One other thing – make the best of every minute of your day – shot this one during my lunch hour.

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 03-02-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Oh no you didn't I thought! Oh yes you did! Skip, you are so awesome! and of course - Kai too
    Remember when you sent me that email that I made your day? You just made mine!
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    MASS MACHINE henderjb Gets A Shout Out From One of Her Heroes!

Click here to order
    [/QUOTE]