Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lets all remember to vote for OUR favourite Supplement Company of 2012, lets help Skip La Cour achieve one of his goals like he has helped us.

Voting commences on Friday, July 13, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. MDT

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2012...nt-awards.html

Mattpb

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Hender ...what do you mean this chapter will be coming to an end? Competing? Well, as coocoo as you are for the sport I am sure it will find expression in your life in many ways! You have a lot to share with the world and women to inspire! ...oh and LOVED the nails and the toes and the anklet was so cute and feminine on you. The SUIT! was so pretty. Beautiful.

I use the term Bodyworker because it really is different from just straight massage. I know all the basic massage moves but I practiced Myofascial Trigger Point for 11 years... a modality of bodywork that is hard on the practitioner. I had to stop 10 years ago. I am healthy and have MUSCLES again! I am back into it. I am currently studying Advanced Palpatory Anatomy...you know...mechanics .... Advanced Deep Tissue, Sports Injury, and will end with Neuromuscular Reprogramming. THESE are my tools along with many others. The guy I was talking about understood that this work requires participation from the client and it does not feel good a lot of the time. But I do some of the "fluff" as a reward. ... I'm so sweet.... ... A lot of it does feel good just because of the kind of work it is. I sometimes visualize being able to use a little jackhammer on some people. Ha!

ok...looking at the comparison shots. Who is your favorite....besides yourself!...smile

MzJules....Mass machine

Click here to order
    Skip LaCour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    [/QUOTE]
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Friday - Just Like an Energizer Bunny, just keep going & going & going....

New I had a long workout ahead this morning & needed to keep it moving. Wasn't feeling that great when I got started, but sometimes when I don't feel that great I have the best workouts. Why? Because I know I have to just put my head down, go at it, & that is what I do, just like Skip said, put my head down & get the job done!

So I started with calves & was focusing on my goal, to work the muscle. By the second calve exercise, I started to feel good energy out of nowhere & knew it was ON!

What was GREAT about my workout?
    1) got that good energy on the second set of calves, & that was the start of really focusing on the muscle & getting into the zone
    2) cable crossover machine I usually use was broken, which forced me to use another, which actually felt really good, heavy but good w/ intense contractions
    3) found myself stalking around the equipment, attacking it, like I usually do when I am in the zone. Like Skip recommends, establishing physical anchors
    4) got extra reps on pushups & improved my breathing & mindset on them
    5) got extra reps on dips & enjoyed them, felt energy & drive
    6) tapped into my legs on the first set of hack squat leg pump. I am going to be sore....
    7) remembered during good mornings that this is hams, not back & tapped into hams good

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) improve strength on hammer press
    2) get reps back up on leg press calves when I get some food back in my system

What DAILY DISCIPLINES did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    1) thank God - again, it just comes naturally to thank Him after a great workout for it
    2) get physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for every set
    3) maintain a positive, can-do attitude
    4) I will undertand my mind will always lead my body. I will BUCK UP and act as if that bodypart I least like to train (legs) is the one I love to train more than any other

What DAILY DISCIPLINES do I NEED TO IMPROVE UPON today?
    1) focus on healing - not enough time for stretching after worout today. do some through the day
    2) keep doing things to help others
    3) use pyramid training style - didn't pyramid much today, just sticking with as heavy as I can wit good reps

What has been GREAT about my day?
    1) Mary Kay buisness is good & its great because I have returning customers that I enjoy ineracting with. Today one said, "look at you looking like Mr. Olympia, what's up?" She didn't know I competed. I'll take being called Ms. Olympia any day!

Trying to get as much done this weekend & this evening as possible so come next Wed, when I need to get off my feet & let my body recoup for the show on Friday, I can relax a bit more. By the time you finish tanning, cardio & posing in the eve, there is no time for anything else. Just trying to fit in things like getting my nails & toes redone before the show is a struggle & it seems like you need time off work just to get little things done. Today, had to run some errands so missed the tanning appointment, but that's not critical. Been a busy week at lunch breaks, getting tires rotated & balanced to keep the vehicle maintained as it was getting pretty rough even for a Jeep, delivering Mary Kay which is good for the wallet but tough to fit in right now, and chiropractic appointment for regular maintenance, again necessary but time out of the day.

Been working really hard on the posing & very excited about making improvements to it. The Team U being my first competition in Physique vs. bodybuilding the posing is quite different. Sometimes you just need to see yourself in a group with others to be able to determine how & what to improve. I feel like cussing myself, thinking what if I would have done a warm-up show before Team U? Could I have improved my posing & would it have been enough to get me one of those 3 pro cards? If not, just the top 5 spot? Makes me think I should always do a warm-up show, but maybe Team U is warm-up for that pro card next weekend at the Master's Nationals! Only 1 card per class, vs. 3 at Team U, but I know not only is my physique going to be that much tighter, but my posing is going to be that much better! I am excited about the package I will be bringing!

I really like this scripture vs because there is no fear of anything, including death:
    Romans 14:8 If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lords.
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-13-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    Visit:
    http://www.********.com/PositiveEnergy247Fitness
    http://joyhenderson.blogspot.com/
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/HenderJBvisuallinkcom
    http://www.youtube.com/user/positiveenergy247

Ecc 9:10 “Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might..”

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Oh hell no! I thought when I read this. In no way, shape or form will I be done competing. I just meant that I will be done competing for this season & it will be time to make progress toward next year, set new goals, close out this competition season chapter & begin the next! No worries - henderjb has no plans of retirement any time soon!

As for my favorite competitor in my classs (besides me!) , it would be the blond on the right in the pink suit in the top left photo:
    http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/co...ex_class_b.php

She was one of the 3 awarded IFBB pro status in my class. Why was she my favorite? Two reasons. One, I thought she had great muscularity & 2 because she was very friendly.... some can get quite catty backstage! When someone is genuinely nice, I want them to do well!

As for you - well, I wish I lived closer by you - I would definately come for some of your jackhammering!

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    Hey Hender ...what do you mean this chapter will be coming to an end? Competing? Well, as coocoo as you are for the sport I am sure it will find expression in your life in many ways! You have a lot to share with the world and women to inspire! ...oh and LOVED the nails and the toes and the anklet was so cute and feminine on you. The SUIT! was so pretty. Beautiful.

I use the term Bodyworker because it really is different from just straight massage. I know all the basic massage moves but I practiced Myofascial Trigger Point for 11 years... a modality of bodywork that is hard on the practitioner. I had to stop 10 years ago. I am healthy and have MUSCLES again! I am back into it. I am currently studying Advanced Palpatory Anatomy...you know...mechanics .... Advanced Deep Tissue, Sports Injury, and will end with Neuromuscular Reprogramming. THESE are my tools along with many others. The guy I was talking about understood that this work requires participation from the client and it does not feel good a lot of the time. But I do some of the "fluff" as a reward. ... I'm so sweet.... ... A lot of it does feel good just because of the kind of work it is. I sometimes visualize being able to use a little jackhammer on some people. Ha!

ok...looking at the comparison shots. Who is your favorite....besides yourself!...smile

MzJules....Mass machine

Click here to order
    Skip LaCour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    [/QUOTE]
    Visit:

Thumbs up Saturday - Prepping for the Road Ahead

Very good workout this morning. Once again I find myself training really hard, feeling really good considering it is once again less than a week away from the next show. Training like it was any other typical off-season day. Thoughts cross my head during the workout, what the heck are you doing? You know you are going to be starving later working out like this, you know you are going to be sore, where is this drive coming from?

When I first arrived at the gym, spent some time on the foam roller. Quads are very sore from the leg pump yesterday as I knew the would be. Lower back & back period were also hit by the workout this week. Chest also sore. I've felt good this week & have been able to get sore again. Knew if I spent some time on the foam roller it would help get my body & mind mind ready for the workout that lie ahead & the workout would be better. Was feeling a bit beat up from the week.

1) i was very focused, driven, & had good energy - all these things were above average for me today
    2) triceps began getting a great deep pump early from the first few sets of tricep pushdowns & continued to feel them very good through the entire tricep workout
    3) was very in touch with making sure I was hitting the biceps & not using shoulders or momentum during bicep workout. was heavy but very good control also.
    4) I was relatively strong today
    5) the video I shot of the hammer curls last time around helped me perfect my form today & focus more on the target muscle
    6) people were very interested in last weeks competition. I was able to answer them but not let it disrupt my workout. Occurred mainly during my cardio session
    7) I was very in touch with my abs, worked them hard & heavy & kept it in the muscle. Remembering this is my last ab workout before competition

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) toward the end of the arm workout it is hard to stay 100% focused because of the length of the workout

1. Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image.
    3. Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.
    5. Focus on proper form & execution and get the target reps for each exercise according to my plan.
    6. Keep focused on my goals by writing it in my workout book every morning before going into the gym.
    a. I WILL earn my pro card at THIS YEAR'S MASTER'S NATIONALS by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, pushing myself outside my comfort zone into the zone of muscle growth. I am gifted. I am a CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    I am packing food for this coming Sat & Sun to stay on my diet assuming that I will earn that pro card & will need to maintain condition for the photo shoot which I believe will be Sunday morning.
    10. Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7
    12. Do something to help or inspire someone else EVERY day

What DAILY DISCIPLINES do I NEED TO IMPROVE UPON today?
    12. Do something to help or inspire someone else EVERY day. Been absorbed in my cooking, packing, etc & have not been able to spend time with my husband. Feel kind of bad about that but he understands. Better get started on the evening cardio & posing so maybe I'll have some time after

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-14-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Sunday - Last Legs Workout Once Again!

Sundays are usually cardio only days, but not today! Since I compete this Friday at the Master's Nationals today needed to be the last legs workout before the show. I actually woke up this morning excited to do the workout as opposed to feeling like it was a task being that it was a Sunday & this is supposed to be the day of rest!

Of course I had to hit church first. I prefer to hit the gym as early as possible but it just wouldn't be right to put the gym before God, ever. So I picked up my dad, took him to church, came back home & planned to eat my preworkout meal as soon & possible & hit it! My husband asked me to help him move two dressers before I left & I have to say being a bodybuilder you think, what, move dressers? I am saving this energy for the workout?? How heavy are these dressers? But I helped, it was pretty easy, grabbed breakfast & headed out!

A bit hard to go from church into leg superset mode but once I got to the gym, it was ON! On the way in I ran into someone curious about last weeks competition. I chatted a minute, got her email address so I could send photos, then headed on in. I am emailing a lot of people this year with my competition results & my blog because people are curious & I have good stuff to share! I am building my team!

The workout was great! Maybe because I had an extra meal in me or maybe because I was just on a mission! This was the second time through the "week before competition" workouts so I knew how i could make it better from last time around & that's what made it good I think, being interested, being able to improve, & being able to tap in even better!

1) I enjoyed it (love/hate!)
    2) I moved quickly & methodically through it
    3) I had good energy
    4) I got more reps & used more weight in a lot of exercise than last time around
    5) I was better prepared mentally for the workouts than last time around since I knew what to expect

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) I beat myself but someone out there is beating me!!

After the workout, ran into someone asking for tips on weight loss, abs, etc. I needed to eat but tried to answer the questions as best I could & tried to be helpful.

1. Wake up every morning with a positive thought in my head & a positive self image.
    2. Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God & post verse from my daily scripture reading into my journal. Always very thankful for the good workouts, the energy God gives me, & the desire & motivation & making me the person that I am.
    3. Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.
    5. Focus on proper form & execution and get the target reps for each exercise according to my plan.
    6. I am focused on my goal, lets write it again:
    I will earn my pro card at THIS YEAR'S Masters Nationals being being motivated, dedicated, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits outside my comfort zone & into the zone of muscle growth. I am GIFTED. I am a CHAMPION and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    7. I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"
    8. Focus on healing after my workout & throughout my day along with overall well being.
    10. Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7
    12. Do something to help or inspire someone else EVERY day

What DAILY DISCIPLINES do I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    Just keep it all coming!

Funny how after the workout I had to run into the grocery store. Only needed one item. The express lane was at the other end of the grocery store & I asked myself am I going to walk all the way down there or just wait in line at one of the closer checkouts. Have to laugh how can I have so much energy in the gym then a few minutes later not even want to walk to the other side of the store! I walked........can't stand to wait

Get home, I am thinking putting out stool to sit on when I cook......haha again!

After the workout, had to send a quick text "last legs workout. I smoked them!" text to my girlfriend who is coming with me to Masters Nationals this weekend. She responded, go Team henderjb! Off we go in a few days Ms Cindy!

Mathew 6:10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

I keep this in mind & I pray that if it is God's will, I will earn my pro card at the Master's Nationals. If I do not, He has a better plan for me.
    Vote Mass Machine Nutrition for Bodybuilding.com's 2012 New Brand of the Year"!
    Click Here NOW to VOTE and get a 10% Discount.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-15-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Monday - Enjoying the Journey

I have been continually reminding myself to enjoy every step of this journey, especially this last week up until the Master's Nationals this Friday. In only one week, the show will be over, and another chapter in my bodybuilding journey will have come to a close. As one race ends, another begins & so will begin the next race to bodybuilding & training mastery as Skip would say it.

I was feeling a bit lower in energy this morning. Legs burning from the leg pump sets on Friday & the last leg workout yesterday. Also, since I had to start my final contest week workouts yesterday, I missed my typical day off weights. Regardless, I have a mission to accomplish. The more I burn out the muscles these next few days, the more they will be ready to rest, recover, absorb nutrients, and absorb those carbs later in the week & be that much better come competition day.

1) I moved through it quickly as intended but was focused & not rushing
    2) I felt I had better mind/muscle connection & focus on my goals than the week before Team U when I did this workout
    3) I enjoyed the workout more than I did the week before Team U
    4) I continued to push myself on the bike regardless of the burning legs. The blood flow will help them recover
    5) I foam rolled before the workout to get into the zone mentally & physically & stretched after to help with blood flow & recovery.
    6) I tried to keep focus on my goals & positive things during the cardio

What isn't perfect YET?
    1) The elbow (forearm) injury has never been able to heal with all the training, but my chiropractor says it is not a tear, just a bad sprain & should be okay. It is a constant nag, but I deal & train through it. Just have to focus on the muscle a bit more & not let the mind dwell on the pain & not cheat so as to strain it.
    2) someone out there is working harder

1) wake up with positive thought & positive self-image
    2) get myself physically, mentally, & emotionally ready for every set
    3) focus on proper form & execution & get target reps according to my plan
    4) stay focused on my goals - let's write it again:
    I WILL earn my pro card at THIS YEAR'S Masters Nationals by being motivated, dedicated, determined, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits outside my comfort zone into the zone of muscle growth. I am GIFTED. I am a CHAMPION & a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!
    5) focus on healing after my workout
    6) maintain a positive, can-do attitude
    7) do something to help and/or inspire someone else

What DAILY DISCIPLINES do I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    1) continue to focus on healing - stretch through the day
    2) maintain the positive, can-do attitude
    3 continue to help/inspire others

This morning, I wore this shirt & it reminded me that I have been planning this journey to the Masters Nationals since last year when me & my friends went to check out the show in preparation for this year. I bought this shirt at the show to remind me all year to train hard, extra hard, because I am one of these Masters women...it is my a part of my identity & I would compete as one this year Now here I am, just a few days before the show, ready to show them what I've been working for:

This evening's cardio was tough, just felt like I could lay down & go to sleep, but that is not an option. When I posed after the cardio, I was drenched with sweat, shaking, & feeling like I could pass out. Yep, this feels just like a few weeks ago a few days before the Team U. I am on track.

Really hungry today. Been exposed to food all day. The guys at the office like to cook in a crock pot & today was Italian Sausages, pasta, & marinara sauce. They begin cooking in the morning in the crock, so the office smelled like Italian sausages all day. Got home & my husband is cooking filet mignon & rice pilaf..... looked so good. I'll be having steak soon enough, no worries. Been thinking about how good that cheat meal pizza was less than 2 weeks ago after Team U. I want that same exact pizza as my cheat after Masters all over again.

But really, I know I won't steer far from my diet the week after the show because I have worked so hard to get here & just a little bit of something, just the smallest thing like having a big salad with dressing for dinner instead of the asparagus would make me so happy.

Enough food talk, there is still work to do & some more carbs are on the way shortly in prep for the show.

James 1:22 Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-16-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    Visit:

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Hender JB

I have not stopped by in your journal for a few days just catching up now with it, Keep on Keeping on Girl!!

THERE ARE NO LIMITS ONLY THE ONES WE PUT ON OURSELVES

Train hard and Think Big

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thumbs up Tuesday - Last Day to Burn it Out Before Masters Nationals

Last weight training workout before the Masters Nationals this Friday. The work is done & once again it is time to prime the pump, burn the glycogen, & get ready reload! I can feel my energy wearing down as it should be & am glad the show is approaching and I will be able to recharge again. It is also nice to know whatever happens at the Masters Nationals with regard to pro status, my plans don’t change. There will be no other competitions this season, it will be off-season & time to see what progress I can make in the upcoming year. I am excited about the improvements I will be able to make based on the improvements I was able to make between competition 2010 and now. I am excited about new learning, being able to dig into Skip’s “Business of Bodybuilding” seminar that I purchased, being able to finish Thinking Big II, and dig into the Manformation . All things that have had to be put on hold as there is little time during competition season between working out, work, evening cardio, posing, food prep, tanning and all those extra competition endevours.

Yesterday, after my workout, the veins in my arms & chest were just insane. I wished I had my camera. I have dropped another 3-4 lbs of fat since the Team Universe, and that bit of extra fat makes a whole world of difference on an already lean body. Today, I brought my camera, to take those shots after the final workout, those shots of conditioning that is not around for long during the year. It is about taking time to appreciate my journey and my accomplishments, my commitment, and my level of conditioning. It is also about saying thanks to Skip once again, with my support of Mass Machine Nutrition.
    1) I was challenging myself to do more than the week before Team U
    2) My energy didn’t feel like it, but you just do it. You are a Mass Machine. You are a Champion
    3) After my workout, I wrote in my log book. Good job, Joy. You ARE a CHAMPION. I am…
    4) Enjoyed taking the photos & enjoying my journey & appreciating my last day in the gym before competition
    What isn’t perfect YET?
    1) There is ALWAYS a higher level
    2) Someone out there could have kicked my ass today, under the same conditions
    1) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY set I perform
    2) Use pyramid training style (still pushing my limits, pyramiding up when I could do more while keeping my goal in mind for today’s workout)
    3) Focus on healing (took time to foam roll before workout to get my body & head in the game & stretched after to try to get rid of leg lactic acid)
    4) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude. (constantly thinking of good things & what I have to look forward to)
    5) Do something to help/inspire others (I feel my workout energy had to be transmitting to others, & getting others to assist with photos sparked their curiosity & I believe boosted them up)
    What DAILY DISCIPLINES do I need to IMPROVE on today?
    1) Wake up with positive thought in my head (felt cranky this morning, just very hungry, had to fight irritability).
    2) Do something to help/inspire others (have a friend I know is a bit down. Would have liked to have had more time to talk with her this morning). Remember to be patient & kind & loving at home this eve, even if I feel tired or irritable. It is not all about me.

Feeling really tired this evening after the cardio & posing session. Ready for a good night sleep & recovery. Tomorrow will be a great day. Taking the afternoon off work to get my nails & toes redone then head home, rest, & get things ready to go. Received a comment from one of the judges at Team U regarding the fit of my suit being poor. I think I can adjust it & rectify the issue. Very disappointing after all the $$ I spent on that suit. I knew it didn't fit right at the show, but it was too late to fix it. Should have planned a bit better, my fault, was hoping the tanning team could help me out with that but things were different backstage this year & the help wasn't available. What is good is that a suit issue is something I can improve for this time around! Live & learn I say.

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith

Vote Mass Machine Nutrition for Bodybuilding.com's
    2012 New Brand of the Year"!

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Visit:

The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen.

Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

BillNYC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi henderjb,
    Your conditioning looks really good. I wanted to let you know that you are an inspiration to many of us. I read your journal entries almost every morning.
    You will do well in your contest this weekend and we look forward to seeing photos and reading about your experience.
    Keep on keeping on, you are a Mass Machine...

Thumbs up Thursday - Last Cardio Session - Oh my goodness, I leave tomorrow!

Exhausted last night so went to bed early. For once I wasn't starving & the bed felt so good to lay down. My legs particularly felt exhausted. It was kind of strange as I lay there, I could feel the fibers twitching in them. I liked to think to myself that it was the small bit of extra carbs I had that day that were settling into my leg muscles, filling them out & expanding, recovering as I lie there. I really think it was.

Funny how it was one of those nights where I felt so exhausted, & my body so tired, almost too tired to sleep. Woke up several times during the night, as usual, to hit the bathroom, but fell back asleep fairly quickly.

Woke up this morning feeling really hungry.Couldn't wait to get to my food. I had posing planned for this morning that I wanted to video for my own benefit so I could compare to when I videod it at the same time just before Team U. I am a good deal leaner now.

As I ate breakfast, I checked email. I had a positive email from my trainer, reinforcing how proud I should be of my Team U showing. I really needed that boost. The comment I received yesterday from the Team U judge regaring my suit & a few other things had me a bit down & weighed on me a good deal yesterday. In reality, I think it was just being the last day of depletion, very tired, that allowed my mind to be less than positive. After my trainer' email, i was ready to roll again. There is only one pro card per class at Masters Nationals, but who ways that pro card isn't mine!

I will earn my pro card at THIS YEAR's Masters Nationals by being motivated, dedicated, determined, maintaining a posiive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits outside my comfort zone into the zone of muscle growth. I am GIFTED! I am a CHAMPION & A CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Videoing my posing really helps. It helps in many ways. One to reinforce that I am ON! Second to reinforce that I can do my posing anywhere, anytime, any place. Finally, to see areas that I need to watch & work on with my posing. It was a hard posing session.

After the posing, it was on to the last cardio session. I remember this session before Team U. I thought it would feel good but my body was so taxed from the posing I could hardly get my heart rate up. That was the case again, but this time I didn't let it get to me. I backed down the resistance as needed to get my heart rate up, knowing the intent of this session is not ass kicking weight loss, etc. It is just to keep my metabolsim rolling, get the blood flow to the muscles, etc.

I have definately pushed my limits with cardio this competition season. I have been twelves 40-45 min sessions a week. The most cardio I ever recall doing was maybe 7 days a week, 45 minutes. Never, never twice a day at this duration. It has been a challenge. A mental & physical challenge but I have won.

Checked weight this morning just to see what I was at. Down to 125# which is as low as I ever get when I compete in the bodybuilding division. The thought was for Physique I would not have to get as lean, but that hasn't been the case. I started my contest prep at 144#. Wow - almost 20# down on my small frame is a lot.

Half day of work today to help me keep my schedule & save some vacation time. The competition has cost me a lot of cash, but also a good deal time off work for travel. I have plenty of vacation, so no worries, but would like to save some for other events as well.

Pedicure & manicure after work to get myself back to tip top package for the competition. No angle will be left untouched! No loose ends.... or posing suits will be found!!

What DAILY DISCIPLINES did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at this morning?
    1) wake up with postive thought in my head & positive self-image. Wasn't there 100% from the time I stepped out of bed but evolved there.
    2) Thank God every day for my life, health, strengh, give all glory to Him. Without Him I am nothing. I realize this 100% & give thanks for everything he has given me, setting me up for success, and watching over me, giving me friends, my trainer, & a support system.
    3) keep focused on my goals - I'll get that pro card!
    4) maintain positive, can-do attitude.
    5) do something to help/inspire someone else every day

What DAILY DISCIPLINES will I continue to improve & focus on today?
    1) healing & overall well being with my pedi/mani & relaxation at home & visualization of my win & thoughts of the fun & experience of the journey I am having & will have
    2) continue to have a positive self-image & thoughts. I am & should be proud of myself. Remember the accomplishment in competing at the Masters Nationals, a goal set watching the show last year. Now, I will make that goal a reality

What DAILY DISCIPLINES will I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    1) I am going 10 for 10, although there is always a higher level

During this journey, no matter what, I want to continue to enjoy it, document it, journal it, share it & make the most of this opportunity & journey

Its evening now & I feel about right. Have that first coat of tan on, feeling kind of sticky & wearing black, yep, I'm getting ready!

The pedicure was great. The calve massage that goes with it is heavenly on extremely tired calves, just unreal. Felt very sleepy in the afternoon after that I think just winding down getting ready to rest. Got home & the first thing on my mind was to get that suit hemmed up. It shouldn't be a big deal, but it is. Sent photos to my trainer of it on me after I altered it & also photos of me in an old suit that fits awesome to see which one she thought I should go with. It was a real pain to do that but at least now I will feel confident in whatever suit we select.

My husband put my first coat of tan on. Nice to kind of share the load -haha! The tanning can be such a pain. My friend, Cyndi who is going with me to the show will get the honors of all the other coats.

My bags are pretty much packed & food ready to roll. Practiced posing one last time. Posing & suits are the biggest thing on my mind which seems odd. My physique I am not worried about because I know it is & will be on track. I just follow my plan to dial it in just like at Team U. This time, I will be better. Tighter, tanner, better fitting suit, better posing......bettter!

I am excited right now & not stressed. So nice to be home with the show only a few hours away from home, weighing in tomorrow, then on stage the next day verses driving to New Jersey for a Thurs weight in & not competing until Sat. Then again, there are pros & cons. The longer the journey the better!

1 John 3:18 Let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Visit:

Awesome post above henderJb keep on keeping on , You have such a great attitude its contagious!!

Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    GO GET IT HenderJB!!

You've put in the work, the hours, you've felt the pain, and the pressure. This is the easy part now. Go out and enjoy your moment!!

MASS MACHINE NATION!!

-Lex

Find me on ********
    http://www.********.com/pages/Next-L...92?ref=tn_tnmn
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Thumbs up Thursday - One Day Until Show Time!

Exciting turn of events last night with the suit. A new look will be evolving. Let me just say I feel another win coming on:

That photo was from my 2008 Pittsburgh Championships overall win in bodybuilding. It hangs over my basement door & I have stared at it the last few months during evening cardio sessions. Now, it almost has irony & even more meaning. More to come on that later.

Lets do a win in Pittsburgh again, this time in Physique at the Masters Nationals! I feel it... I feel good vibes! I feel a win coming on!

[/QUOTE]
    Visit:

That away to go!!! Good luck on contest day and keep us posted.

It appears you can vote as many times as you want. Take advantage of this today while the option is available.i want you to login to bodybuilding.com and go to page 6 and vote for Mass Machine Nutrition.
    Act quick, do it now and see if it works for you. Do It now!!!

Click Here NOW
    to VOTE and get a 10% Discount.

YOU WILL SHINE HENDERJB

Best wishes!!

[/QUOTE]
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thumbs up Saturday - The Journey Home

Just returned from Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh and getting bags unpacked and things back together. Wonderful competition experience. I enjoyed every minute of the journey & would definitely do it again... in fact, I plan to do it again next year!

I will be writing more on my journey, but for now, results can be found at these links:

Overall results:
    http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/...eventcode=1562

my photos, women's Physique, over 35, Class B:
    http://pics.musculardevelopment.com/...eventcode=1562
    http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/co...joy_henderson/

Top 5 Comparisons:
    http://contests.npcnewsonline.com/co...35_class_b.php

With over 400 female competitors and over 600 competitors including men, it was quite a show! I missed that pro card that went along with the first place spot, but being in the top five was quite an accomplishment for a first time shot at the Masters Nationals.

I went to bed with a smile on my face and a great feeling in my heart last night. Just before bed I read my scripture reading & it was perfect:

Proverbs 15:15 He who has a merry heart has a continual feast.
    Nehemiah 8:10 The joy of the Lord is our strength.
    Romans 14:17 The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-22-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Visit:

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Henderjb...congratulations!... Big smile on my face for you right now...I am proud of you. Wow..top 5 out of 400. ..I know it's not what you wanted but its amazing to me and I know you will be at it again next year. I believe you will do it...Love you girl!!!

MzJ....Mass Machine

Click Here NOW to VOTE and get a 10% Discount.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Thumbs up Sunday - Thanking God for Journey & Thankful for the day, the rest, & journey ahead

I finally went out for my cheat meal last night! I didn't cheat the evening after the show, unless you call my pre-stage leftover protein pancakes cheating. I ate those before I went to bed at 1PM on Friday evening with my usual dinner of asparagus & chicken. The leftover pancakes were an awesome treat & just enough carbs to make me happy & put me to bed with a smile on my face.

After the show, I just kept eating my typical meals. When I went out with my friend, Cyndi, after the show, all I wanted was a cup of coffee to sit, relax, & bask in the aftermath of the show with my friend in good conversation & company.

I knew Saturday night, when I got back home, I wanted to have that cheat meal with my husband & that pizza that I had after Team Universe was exactly what I was waiting for! So... last night, pizza it was & a piece of home-made carrot cake that had been waiting in my freezer for months! It was a beautiful thing. I slept beautifully last night with that food in my belly.

I knew Sunday morning, I would get up and get back to my typical meal plan. I plan to stick with it this week & just add a little variety here & there like adding mustard to my tuna, some extra veggies, switching lean fish for salmon & just small things that make so much a difference.

So this morning, I woke up, showered for church & had my scheduled breakfast & have been eating my scheduled meals. I also plan to do a little cardio later today, just to keep the metabolism rolling. I am going to do it at home, so I am home with my husband after being away. Also, this will let me look at my winning photos on my wall, remember my journey, & plan for new wall photos from the journey that I just went through.

The sermon was very good today. It was on divides, like the divides we put up between each other due to political differences, skin color, or just minor disagreements. This was a good sermon for me today because I feel some divides in my life, a bit of disconnect after returning from my trip. I need to not put up those divides myself & remember that God does not want us to divide.

I am cooking today, my meals for the week, just taking a quick break to eat. Thought I would do a quick journal entry.
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-22-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Pittsburgh Masters Nationals - My Journey - Part I

I took my computer with me to the show, but did not have internet service in the room & had little time between competition to do much. But, after prejudging, I opened Microsoft word & began typing my thoughts from the morning so I could paste them into my journal later on. Here's a start on what I wrote with from my room after prejudging. I will be adding more & documenting my entire trip throughout the week. Its important to reflect on this journey.

There were more worries in my mind the day before competition and competition morning at this show than there was at the Team Universe. Why? Well because I always plan things so well. I had planned out this look of the turquoise suit with the gold stones, ordered stage make-up in turquoise and blue, planned my hair color with the red with blond highlights to go with the suit & color schemes I had in my head.
    I asked for comments from the Team Universe judges and for immediate improvement the comment was made to get a new suit as the suit I wore at Team Universe was ill fitting. I had tried a new designer this year, and although the suit was gorgeous it did not fit well. Wed evening before Master’s Nationals I made adjustments to the suit to get it to fit as well as I could. I took photos of me in it, then I also put on an old suit, one from 2008 that I wore when I won the Bodybuilding Middleweight class and Overall title at the Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships. The 2008 suit fit perfect. I sent photos to my trainer of me in both suits & she suggested I go with the 2008 suit.
    I hated to ditch the new suit I had spent $525 on, but what was most important was to provide the best package on stage at the Master’s Nationals. I had bought special turquoise and gold make-up to go with the new suit; the old suit I would be wearing was dark navy with clear stones & the new make-up wouldn’t work either. There was no time to order new stage make-up, and trying to create a stage look with my Mary Kay is challenging. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to create the look I felt comfortable and confident with, one that would stand-out and catch the judge’s attention if things between physiques were so tight that it came down to the finest details. Every little bit counts & presentation can mean so much.
    Another thought that was on my mind was that I had dropped nearly another 4 pounds since Team Universe. I could tell my glutes were a lot leaner now, but would the new hardness & additional weight loss be too lean for what the judges were looking for in Physique?
    My friend Cyndi, who went with me last year to watch the Master’s Nationals would be going with me to the show to help and provide tanning services & support. Thanks so much Cyndi! The drive to Pittsburgh went very smooth, but just minutes before we arrived at our hotel, a bad rain and wind storm broke loose.

Here's my friend, driver, & tanning service Cyndi in the parking garage, getting ready to cross over to the motel lobby in the rain - what's a girl to do! If you remember Cyndi, she competed in Pittsburgh in May in Physique & I was along for the support. Now she's returning the favor - teamwork!

When Cyndi and I arrived in the room, it was awesome! Our window overlooked the lobby which provided great entertainment & ambiance too! Note the bed sheets on the chairs which the motel courteously put out in preparation for the bodybuilders so the tanning products wouldn't stain the furniture.

Thank God Cyndi's cooler had a handle & we were able to put my cooler on top of hers & wheel it in from the parking garage to the motel in the rain instead of having to carry it. My cooler was heavy duty metal and loaded with food! I had to opt for this cooler because when I went to back my standard cooler was M.I.A. My cooler was also loaded with all meals for Thursday through Sunday because I wasn't exactly sure when I would be headed back home. At most pro qualifying shows there is a mandatory photo shoot for the pro card winners, and that would likely be Sunday morning requiring me to stay until then if the pro card spot was indeed mine. Of course, I had to plan for the best!

The first order of business was going to the competitor check-in. There things went very smooth, and as I finished registering, there were photographers set up to take photos. They do that at some of the larger shows. I wasn’t really prepared since my make-up didn’t feel fresh, I wasn’t all the way “dry” yet, and my tan had only just begun, but I rolled with some photos regardless. I was wearing some jean shorts with metal studs & a metal studded belt. The photographers like the shorts & wanted me to leave them on for the shoot. The shoot was fun & encouraging, and always nice to be treated like someone special and hear encouraging words about your physique. At the same time, one of the photgraphers mentioned to the other that I might not be quite lean enough for Physique. The other photographer disagreed. They both agreed I would do great! I tried to dismiss the about leaness from my thoughts, as I knew I was definitely lean enough, maybe not all the way dried out yet, but lean for sure! Am I holding water??.... Can’t let that mess with my psyche… Thought dismissed

Thursday morning, I tried my first make-up look, trying to use some of my new eye colors. I thought it looked great.

However, after Cyndi & I arrived at the room, I put on the navy suit, and the eye colors clashed – too much green! First order of business was to make sure I got all my meals in on time, watch my water regulation, and make sure I got all my tanning coats on so all the bases were covered. If that got done in time, then I would work on the make-up & creating that perfect look. The physique HAS to be first!

We were able to apply all the coats of tan, this time trying to get a bit darker than at Team Universe. Finally about 8PM, the tanning process was complete & Cyndi & I were able to focus on make-up. Thanks to Cyndi’s help, we were able to create a look that I felt comfortable with. It is quite challenging to create a dark eye make-up without looking like you have a black eye & making it stand out on stage! Here's a photo with the different make-up used on the right & left eyes, trying to decide the best application & look that best matched the suit. Getting tired at this point, its 9PM.

We got in bed about 10:30 PM which is late considering I usually go to bed at 9PM, but we didn’t have to get up until 7PM since the competitors meeting didn’t start until 10 and the show at 11. That made it nice to not have to get up so early. As I did my make-up and got my hair poofed, I thought how it was such a process. I have to admit that it is so time consuming and feels so crazy, that I wonder at times if it is really worth it. Of course when you get off stage & you placed well, you know, it was when you were able to create the perfect package by paying attention to every detail.

As I went to bed, I wasn’t as relaxed as at the Team Universe. I so wanted to be better than at Team Universe, to show an improved package, and was putting a bit of pressure on myself. However, I had no trouble sleeping. I had a beautiful night sleep & awoke 10 minutes before my alarm went off at 7PM to start my contest prep before hitting the competitor’s meeting at 10PM. Yes, it would take nearly 3 hours to get my final coat of tan on, make-up and hair redone, get my meals in, run through my posing quickly for my own peace of mind & confidence & be ready for the meeting as scheduled with no stress because I had planned every step out. The previous night before going to bed, I wrote a time schedule of how I would do things the next morning, so there was no questions, just follow-through & confidence that all was going according to plan.

Stay tuned.... more to come

John 15:12 This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-23-2012 at 04:39 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Pittsburgh Masters Nationals - My Journey - Part II - Prejudging!

I woke up at 6:50, just 10 minutes before the alarm was scheduled to go off. First order of business was to get that first meal in, then it was put that final coat of tan on, then begin the make-up application and hair process. I have to say after spending 30 minutes just putting on eye make-up, the thought crossed my mind.........what the hell am I doing? Is all this glam worth it? This seems so shallow. But..... I continued on the process knowing in the end, the total package really makes a difference.

Finally, 2-1/2 hours later, I was ready & we snapped a few photos in the room just before I headed out to the competitor's meeting. This would also be Cyndi's training session on using my camera. It took us several tries to get things right & she took some photos with her phone as well to send to the Winchester team back home who was wondering how things were going.

Taking these photos was also a good chance for me to check my physique in the mirror to make sure I was on target - I still felt I had some filling out to do but there were a few meals left before prejudging. The photos also helped me get my mindset & in the zone for the stage posing ahead.

They would also be interesting because I had taken similar photos prior to Team U in the room. As I mentioned, I had dropped a few pounds, had a different suit & make-up, wonder how the comparison photos from Team U compare? Here they are:

Well it was off to the competitor's meeting! At the competitor's meeting I could tell what a well run show it would be. Gary Udit, the show promoter made a heart felt thank you speech to the competitors and let us know that whatever we needed, just let them know & they were there to help. The show expeditor took more than ample time to explain everything & ask the competitors repeatedly if they had questions & a lot of questions were asked. I could really tell the difference in this show, and that the competitors were appreciated & respected, and the respect & appreciation from me to the promoter & expediting team was returned 100% The expediter said they had a goal this year, that was, nobody misses there class! Apparently, they had had issues in the past with competitors not being back stage when their name was called to go on stage & they missed their class. I can't even imagine that happening. All that prep for nothing because you missed your class & there was no show for you. If you miss your class, its over, no second chance. What else do I remember from the competitor's meeting? It was freezing cold! They assured us the room would warm up once the bodies got in there....we all hoped to goodness it would!

At the competitor's meeting, we were informed that once we entered the backstage area, we were in for good. There was no leaving. The backstage area was great. It was a very large open room where you could see everything & hear everything going on so there was no confusion with where they were in the line-up/show order so you couldn't hardly miss your class. Also, the expediters lined you up way ahead of time & put you in holding to make sure you couldn't miss your class.

I tried to keep to myself backstage before prejudging, just focusing on my task, how I would present myself, going through my routine & doing some light pumping up with bands as show time got closer. Also making sure to get oiled up well ahead of time. Jan Tana, the tanning/oil service, was very available backstage & right next to where the line-up was held to go on stage which again made things easy & relaxing so you didn't have to worry about missing out on anything or your calling.

At the competitor's meeting, we were told there would be no 60 second individual routine for the judges unless things were really close & the judges needed to see the routines to be able to make a decision. This meant my chance to shine was limited even more to just quarter turns and mandatory poses.

Honestly, backstage was very intimidating in that the competitors around me seemed so large. That had a lot do to with the fact that the women's bodybuilders were the only other class backstage besides my Physique Class. Here's the overall winners of the women's bodybuilding class, you'll see what I mean about their size:

To be continued.........time to start the day job

[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-24-2012 at 04:27 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Monday - Back to the Day Job

Wanted to keep my early schedule to keep my body used to getting up although I have planned to take at least a few days if not a full week off the gym to give my body time to recover after Masters Nationals. Set the alarm at 4PM, got up and did 40 minutes of low intensity cardio. Just wanted to keep the cardio in there to jump start my day, help me feel somewhat regimented, & keep my metabolism up. Also, when I exercise, that's when all my great ideas pop into my head!

Took it easy on the cardio. Actually my body still feels very tired. Just targeted the fat burning heart rate zone as opposed to the cardio zone & focused on enjoying it. My trainer suggested I relax a bit, enjoy the workouts on the first week back & not worry about busting my ass all out. You need to give your mind & your body somewhat of a break she said. Don't get burned out. Enjoy it. This is good advice for me as I tend to drive myself a bit too hard at times. I'll do better off in the long run if I enjoy things & not try to overdo it at the start & make it a "job" taking the fun & passion away.

Sticking pretty close to my contest diet with just a few changes for variety here & there. I'll have a cheat meal once or twice a week for now that I will really enjoy. I will slowly bump calories up. I am being cautious not to let cravings take over by feeding them junk that makes them worse.

What was GREAT about my day?
    1) enjoyed writing in my journal logging my Masters Nationals journey
    2) got that "high" feeling while listening to my posing routine song, Chandalier, during cardio
    3) Skip commented on my you-tube video of my routine that it was awesome
    4) when I got to work, I had a gift from a client from a job well done on a large project I was involved in. Thinking of that project & how it was challenging to me & how I rose to the challenge helped empower me too during the contest training. I thought of it several times.
    5) everyone at work was sincerely interested in how I did at Masters Nationals
    6) I am enjoying the bit more relaxation that goes along with not being in contest prep any longer
    7) followed my competition plan diet very closely. Just a bit of something extra or a bit of variety is making me happy and I appreciate those little things so much.

Mark 13:33 Take heed, watch, and pray; for you do not know when the time is.
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-23-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up

Alarm set for 4AM this morning as usual to keep on schedule although I am not weight training for a few days & taking time off to recover after Masters Nationals.

Did 40 minutes on the stairmaster at home. Just going at a relaxing pace with heart rate in the zone for fat burning verses really trying to crank it & get in the calorie burning zone. The most important thing to me is to enjoy the cardio, use it as constructive think time & to build those positive thoughts & momentum. I know that staying motivated is the key to everything, muscle growth, growth in life, everything.

Towards the end of my cardio glanced down at my leg & noticed the leg veins are now running from upper thigh down to the knee where they were just in the upper thigh. Then they continue in the calve. That's the benefit of not going crazy with your diet a week after the show. You can maintain your conditioning very easily & continue to appreciate your progress & your conditioning. I decided I should photo it.

key things I thought during cardio
    1) I need to write a list of "lessons learned" from the last two shows so I don't make the same mistakes another time
    2) I need to set new goals for myself
    3) My goals need to include, ways to progress in my relationship with God every day, ways to progress in my bodybuilding efforts, things I need to do every day for others, especially my husband, so that he feels loved & a part of my life, ways to progress my Mary Kay business

After cardio, I turned on Skip's latest interview with Tyler Leenknecth & listened to it after I got out of the shower while getting ready for work. It has great ideas & it makes me feel good to know that I haven't felt like there is nothing to write about. I KNOW there is a ton to write about & I realized that writing about it would help keep me excited, motivated, & help me enjoy my journey which is why I have been getting up early to have time to document my contest experience before heading to work. I am starting part II of my prejudging experience now.

Wow, so many things to do every day. I have a list & every day I check off things that I complete, but every day I add things too. I highlight the priority items for the day & knock them out first. Getting a ton accomplished. Trying to get as much done as I can while I have the extra time before starting training again.

Mark 11:22-24 Have faith in God. Whoever says to this mountain, "Be removed and be cast into the sea," and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

Last edited by henderjb; 07-24-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up Pittsburgh Masters Nationals - My Journey - Part IIB - Prejudging!

This is a continuation of yesterday's journal where I discussed my contest experience leading up to the point that I got on stage.

The prejudging started at 11PM, and the first division up was women's bodybuilding over 35, then women's bodybuilding over 45, women's bodybuilding over 50 (yes over 50 that's awesome!), then my class Physique began. The show started on time & the expediters were calling the classes to get into a hold up line up at a rapid pace as things progressed.

The backstage area was set up great! Many times at contests, you are separated into multiple dressing rooms to pump up, tan, and prep as there is no single space available to have everything in one room. The expediter who lines you up to go on stage is often in a different area than you which makes it more difficult and nerve racking to make sure you are in the right place at the right time. The Masters Nationals backstage area was one large open room where the expediter, tanning/oil service, and pump up area were all located in the same area making it very easy to be at the right place at the right time & make sure you didn't miss your call to go on stage.

Since the show was running fast, I didn't waste time getting oil, and getting a start on my pump. They had several small mirrors backstage, they mirrors like you can hang on the back of a door. I find that these mirrors are horrible & I should stay away from them. Seriously, they always make me feel like I look small & smooth. I used to think it was just me, but then I heard another competitor saying the same thing.... they are like circus mirrors! So I used the mirror just to check my suit adjustment & ran through my routine & posing backstage without any mirror to keep my mental game where it needed to be. Besides, there would be no mirrors on stage & it was really too late to make any adjustments to physique at this point.

I used bands to pump, did some pushups, and practiced posing while nibbling on my pre-stage food. As I posed & pumped, the camera crew was circling around getting footage for the DVD that would be sold of the backstage pump-up. Another great amenity to the competitors was that if you hit a few poses for the camera backstage after exiting the stage, you got a free video from the show. There are several videos sold. One of prejudging, one of evening finals, and one of pump-up backstage. They are available for sale at: www.Repetrope.com

When practicing posing, I felt a bit shaky, & had to remind myself to calm down, this was no big deal, just walking out on stage doing what I have practiced. I think I felt shaky & unbalanced because I was trying to hit the poses so hard that it made balance hard. I reminded myself not to do this on stage. I also reminded myself of several posing notes I had made to myself after Team Universe which were: don't bend your knees so much during front relaxed & rear poses - think more figure/fitness not bodybuilding. Chest up, proud. Also, heels together in the rear relaxed pose. At Team U my heals were apart where the other girls were together & it made me look manly in comparison. Also, on the side relaxed, think chest up, head high, don't crunch. And on the side chest pose, get those arms up in line with the kicked out leg. Finally, on the bicep poses, keep those elbows high. I ran through these reminders in my head as I posed backstage.

When it was my time to go on stage, I was ready, mentally & physically & felt adequately pumped. I checked my suit one more time in the mirror, making sure it is high on the hips - that's a must, it has to be really high, higher than you feel is normal & not crooked!The expeditor escorted us onto stage where we were lined up and the judges ran us through our quarter turns establishing the top five competitors.

They then divided us into two groups and lined us up on the diagonal lines at the rear of the stage. The top five competitors are then called back to the center of the stage for comparison poses.
    As they began calling the top five to the stage, I was hoping to be in that group and indeed, I was one of the first called!
    The judges began running us through mandatory poses and then switched the order of the competitors in the line-up. The judges usually switch who they believe to be the top competitor to the middle of the row of five and then they put the second and third place competitors adjacent for comparisons to the top dog. In this photo, note the winer of the class had been moved to the center with the runner ups on each side.

The photo above shows the first move, with the top competitor in green moved to the middle beside me. After the moves were complete, I was on the end of the row. Based on how early I was called to out to be part of the top five, I suspected I placed at least fourth, but hoped for third. I had the attention of two of the judges, which happened to be head judges, but there were many judges (7-10 not sure??) and several of the judges did not appear to be looking at me.

The judges ran us through mandatory poses & quarter turns a few times. I appreciated this because it seemed the judges were really doing a thorough assessment of the competitors as opposed to some shows where things are run so quickly you wonder how judging even occurred.

After the judges had seen all they needed to see from the top five, we were put back to the diagonal lines
    on each side of the stage

and the competitors who placed out of the top five were brought to the center stage for comparisons.

To be continued. .. stay tuned! Got to start the work day!
    Last edited by henderjb; 07-25-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Visit:

Thumbs up

Visit:

Congratulations!!! You are in outstanding shape. Enjoy the journey.

Thumbs up Pittsburgh Masters Nationals - My Journey - Part IIC - Prejudging Results!

This is a continuation of the my contest experience at Pittsburgh Masters Nationals. See yesterdays journal entry for the previous part.

Yesterday, I talked about the events that took place on the prejudging stage. As I exited the stage, I felt good about myself. I knew I had made the top 5 call-out and that was the first step! I walked off the stage behind what would be the class winner #53 in the emerald green suit. An IFBB pro whom I recognized grabbed her as soon as she walked off stage and said, "congratulations, you know you just won!". I overheard that & knew it had some credibility coming from the source.

We were told if we hit some poses for the camera, we would receive a free show video, so I gladly obliged as the class winner. I congratulated her & said something along the lines of, "wow, congratulations, I heard you won??!! and stated I heard the IFBB pro's remark regarding that. She indicated her husband was friends with the IFBB pro. She was very nice & seemed pretty quiet & shy in nature.

After hitting some poses backstage for the camera, I put my warm-up pants back on & went to find my friend, Cyndi, in the audience and watch the rest of the show. We watched the majority of the show. It was nice to have prejudging behind me & I felt the stress relief. Of course I still wanted to stay in great condition for the evening show so I continued to eat my scheduled meals, etc.

After the morning show was over, Cyndi & I headed back to the room to relax. Cyndi hopped in her bed & I grabbed the camera with the morning photos & uploaded them to the computer to see them on the big screen.

Cyndi & I analyzed how the judges moved the competitors around & I speculated on my placing. I originally thought I was 4th place, but after looking at how the judges moved us, I thought I could be as high as 2nd. I was pretty sure I wasn't first because I believed the credibility of the source who congratulated #53.

Regardless of what I thought, there was always that chance I would win & I would find myself competing for the Overall title! With that in mind, I put on a fresh coat of tan, fluffed my hair, and did a make-up check to make sure my best package was together.

We had a bit of time before evening finals, so I spent a bit of time journaling my experience from our arrival up until that point while it was fresh in my head. I knew I wanted to share my experience with others & intended to paste it into this journal once I had internet access. FYI - I followed through on that when I got home.

I also used this time to practice my evening posing routine in front of Cyndi a few times. This helped me gain confidence in my presentation & get into the zone again.

There was no competitor's meeting before the evening show because we were all veteran competitors & new what would be going on. In the evening show, which started at 6PM, Women's Physique was the first division on stage. This was great because it meant I would be finished early & would then get to go into the audience and watch the Women's Bodybuilders & enjoy the rest of the show! It was also a nice change from Team Universe where I went on stage at 10:30 at night & was so exhausted by that point.

Backstage prior to the evening finals, things went smooth again. Just like before prejudging, I made sure to get posing oil put on me by the tanning/oiling team backstage early enough to allow me to have time to pump up, go through my evening routine a few times, and snack on my pre-stage food before going on stage.

The expediter called us to get into the "holding" line-up about 20 minutes before we went on stage. I kept my pump-up bands with me in the holding line & continued to pump while waiting & grabbed some more bites of food. The girls in the line-up were very friendly & I chatted with them & found out some good information about resale of my posing suit! The class winner remained very quiet behind me in the line, unless I spoke to her then she was responded very friendly. Just quiet or nervous I believe. She told me she had just started competing this year.

Finally, it was time for us to hit the stage! It was freezing just before we went on stage & we all thought we would die! Before I went out, I just told myself to have fun, relax & put it down. I didn't see myself as the winner, so I felt a bit less pressure I believe. The calm that I felt really helped me deliver my presentation well I believe. This is my evening routine - thanks Cyndi for the great video!

After performing my routine, #53 the winner performed. When she came back, she said to me oh my goodness, you didn't look nervous at all. She seemed worried that she was nervous & I was not. She was trying to calm herself down & I believe nervous thinking I would win the show. Her support team back stage was telling her she needed to calm down & relax she said. I thought she was doing just fine, but couldn't help but wonder if maybe I did win??

As the judges called us all back to the stage after everyone had finished their routine. We anxiously waited for the judges to call out our placings. I must admit that I was very surprised when they called my name out first, as the 5th place spot. The lowest I honesty had predicted myself was 4th, but I'll take a top 5 finish at my first Master's Nationals!

After exiting the stage, we were directed to the camera again, for more post-show photos. We got to choose our favorite poses, & I think I impressed the camera man when I pulled out some unique poses verses the standard mandatories most girls were choosing. Then, I put my warm-up clothes back on, grabbed my last bite of pre-stage food (wasn't going to let that go to waste) and quickly ran to up the elevator to the room for a quick freshening up & change of clothes ready to watch the rest of the evening show!

More to come........we've still got the post-contest "after party" to cover!!
    Headed out to start the work day!

Last edited by henderjb; 07-25-2012 at 05:09 AM.
    Visit:

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Made me laugh because i never really thought about anyone reading this journal when i wrote about Acapulco, its actually from an audio by Zig Ziglar which i love and he talks about, if you had the chance to go to Acapulco tomorrow and live like a millionaire could you get everything you need to get done before tomorrow. I love it because i always used to put jobs off and now i just think if i get this done i'll be going Acapulco in the morning.

I appreciate you offering to support us as Mass Machines in any way you can, because Portia and i love reading your journal. We almost felt like we were there with you during your contest with all the photos and details you provided.

Have you thought of doing your very own Blog Talk Radio? I think you would do an Awesome job!
    I want you to share more experiences from your past and your journey from when you started out until this present competition, i think you have a great way of connecting with your viewers when you make videos and if you can share experiences that we can relate to whether they were struggles or clebrations it will connect to the viewer/listener even more.

Matt
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!