Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trouble with BP right off the chest

What's the best way to fix this ? No problems with lockouts...Also my Close grip BP is stronger than the regular grip.. Should I understand that my triceps are proportionaly stronger than my shoulders ?

Could it be more of a technique / positionning problem or is it shoulders, lats, etc.

Thanks for the info.
    If your gym makes a lot of money selling gloves, you have another reason to look for a different gym. And if you insist on using them...then make sure they match your purse!

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SEOINAGEbb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    likely technique. Are you pinching your shoulders behind your back? are you thinking about bringing your chest up to the bar instead of just lowering the bar. Sometimes its good to think you are bending the bar in half by pulling it back and down. Are you tucking your elbows adequately? Likely a combination of these is causing you to not engage your lats out of the hole.

edit: and of course the descent.

dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dtaps24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is usually a strength issue. Also, if your close grip is better than your regular grip you should consider making that your main style of benching.

Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10) Facedesinge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SEOINAGEbb View Post
    likely technique. Are you pinching your shoulders behind your back? are you thinking about bringing your chest up to the bar instead of just lowering the bar. Sometimes its good to think you are bending the bar in half by pulling it back and down. Are you tucking your elbows adequately? Likely a combination of these is causing you to not engage your lats out of the hole.

edit: and of course the descent.

I do tuck my elbows and I do pinch my shoulders back but i'll try to "bend the bar"...now if it's more of a strenght issue, what should I work more, what kind of movement ?

Thank you
    If your gym makes a lot of money selling gloves, you have another reason to look for a different gym. And if you insist on using them...then make sure they match your purse!

☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10) beardofstars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much do you bench(i.e. are you a beginner)? If you are moving moderately heavy weight, definitely work on form as others suggested, but also maybe consider incorporating more paused benching into your routine.

If you are just starting out, I wouldn't worry about it as much and would say that you might try to use a grip that is at least somewhat closer to play to your natural strength tendencies.

Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Liftamulti is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Get stronger.
    I don't care.

dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10) dandexter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Maybe try doing more paused reps. That's what I did back when I was weaker off my chest, fixed it.

feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) feces99 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gym lifts (PB): C&J: 132.5k, Snatch: 107.5k (p)Jerk: 138k, Clean: 137k Front Squat: 153
    Deadlift: 455, Squat: 380(oly) 360 (pl), Bench: 245, CPUs: 9001
    Comp Total: 237k

untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) untranslated is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Liftamulti View Post
    Get stronger.
    ;] haha

But yeah how much do you bench at 220? If its less than 380 just work on overall bench work. I doubt its anything mega specific, most people that bench less than 1.7 times their bodyweight get stuck at the bottom of their lift. But yeah pausing as you touch your chest ( not resting the bar ) with a lighter weight does help even everything out a little