Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'2", 195 lbs
    trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit trackblonston's BodySpace

Christian girl won't date me - difference of faith

I've honestly never met someone I was so compatible with, but since I'm not a devout Christian, she won't date me. I'm not an atheist, but I don't believe in the literal interpretation of religion. I think there is value in all religions, and I'm influenced by many in different ways. I don't have a problem with her religious beliefs. I would accept her as she is, and I told her this.

We talked on Friday night and brought it all out, and this is what it comes down to. It is upsetting to me, because we're otherwise so compatible and similar, and I'm wholly tolerant of what she wants to believe.

As we were talking and letting each other (finally) know how the other felt, she did nothing but praise my character, tell me what she respects in me, etc.. It's just the religion thing. She was brought up in a hardcore religious family.

It was interesting to listen to her, because it sounded so much like she was wrestling with her beliefs and trying to convince herself that she cannot be with me. There was and is such a strong connection between us.

I would never sacrifice my integrity, or try to put on a facade of being a christian for the sake of a relationship, as it would end badly for both of us, but it still is unfortunate. I feel we could have complimented each other really well.

I ended it explaining that I don't think there's much of an opportunity for friendship between us, as that was never the premise of our relationship. We're both attracted to each other, and I think a friendship (at least for now) is out of the question. Especially when she finds another guy/I find another girl. Still, even if I feel like that is the best choice, she is a great person and there's a lot I'd like about keeping her in my life - in some regard. I told her we can still talk if she'd like to, and that I'm here if she changes her mind. Still I think its better for me to not try to maintain anything with her.

I've never in my life been hit so hard with emotions over one girl. I don't really believe in a soulmate, but If I did - it would probably be her. Naive thought for a 24 year old though, I'm sure.

Basically just looking for thoughts on this, I feel I did the right thing, as hard as it is right now.
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    ***Georgia Crew***

Stats: 6'0", 180 lbs
    Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Taikun has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Taikun's BodySpace
    I know that feel bro. Many years ago I tried to get into a relationship with a super Christian girl. I had such a crush on this girl that I ignored all the reasons why I knew it wouldn't work and still chased her, despite being an atheist myself. To me religion didn't really matter and I didn't think I would have an issue dating a religious person, but in reality it's just too much to bear. She would constantly question me about faith, pressure me to go to church functions, tried to make me act like a 'true christian' would. Not to mention the pressure from the family... it's just not worth it. I know there are guys on here who are an exception to this and I do truly wish them well, but it's not for me.

Hold out for someone who shares your philosophical views, you will be much happier in the long run.

Stats: 5'7", 170 lbs
    DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DragonSlayer4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit DragonSlayer4's BodySpace
    maybe she just made that up coz she didn't like your hair

Operation Discovery LiftingDutchMan's Avatar
    LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LiftingDutchMan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit LiftingDutchMan's BodySpace
    I've honestly never met someone I was so compatible with, but since I'm not a devout Christian, she won't date me.
    lol'ed

Stats: 6'0", 180 lbs
    bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bamabuilder86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit bamabuilder86's BodySpace
    Went through about the exact same thing last year. Difference is I am a Christian, she is Church of Christ, and I'm Baptist. It really is that big of a deal to her, mainly cause her ex of 5 years wasn't the same denomination as she is and that's the sole reason they broke up. She is one of my best friends today, still high attraction and the occasional kiss or whatever. She is just obsessed with it. Coming from a guy who has been there - if that really is her reason, just drop her. She will never change her mind.

Stats: 6'0", 189 lbs
    otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) otakutrevan has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit otakutrevan's BodySpace
    Ive never understood people and this "they have to be a christian" to date them

brb only committing adultery with christians and dooming myself to hell with another christian
    brb dont read the bible
    brb dont follow any of the rules/regs of the bible
    brb this atheist is a better person than that christian, but I dont care. He needs to believe in Jesus.

lol...man I could rant all day.
    Σ B.A.P.F.L Σ
    ★cVc★ OEFx2
    Fuk all you Filts.Srs
    *Rand Paul 2016 Crew*
    *Circumcised but Anti-Circumcision Crew*
    ★Subaru WRX/STi Crew★ (Stage 2 WRX, Shop Tuned)
    "Started from Wall Rose now the whole Recon Corp's fuarkin here"

Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Boffothe has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Boffothe's BodySpace
    You don't need to involve yourself with someone who will dismiss you just for not believing in her imaginary friend.

Stats: 6'2", 226 lbs
    redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) redliner9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit redliner9's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Taikun View Post
    I know that feel bro. Many years ago I tried to get into a relationship with a super Christian girl. I had such a crush on this girl that I ignored all the reasons why I knew it wouldn't work and still chased her, despite being an atheist myself. To me religion didn't really matter and I didn't think I would have an issue dating a religious person, but in reality it's just too much to bear. She would constantly question me about faith, pressure me to go to church functions, tried to make me act like a 'true christian' would. Not to mention the pressure from the family... it's just not worth it. I know there are guys on here who are an exception to this and I do truly wish them well, but it's not for me.

Hold out for someone who shares your philosophical views, you will be much happier in the long run.
    X2

Holy f*ck, I think we both dated the same girl. Same exact situation and examples.

I would never in my life do that sh*t again.

If I came across another girl that pulled the religion bs card..........

trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) trackblonston has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Originally Posted by DragonSlayer4 View Post
    maybe she just made that up coz she didn't like your hair
    Doubtful, old avi is old. Short and clean cut for a long time now.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Originally Posted by LiftingDutchMan View Post
    lol'ed
    I also lol'ed re-reading that. I mean that in ways that go beyond her religion. Similar interests, goals, life outlook, personalities, etc...

Thanks for the helpful replies.
    Last edited by trackblonston; 01-16-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Stats: 5'6", 114 lbs
    AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AJae has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit AJae's BodySpace
    Shouldn't convert. Religion isn't something you want to take lightly - it'll grate on you if you aren't a true believer. Forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do whole heartedly, day in day out, (church every sunday, bible readings, etc) is just going to make you miserable.

Haha, also I was in the same boat with my first "boyfriend".
    He wouldn't continue dating me because I wasn't christian and so I dropped him. Now, a few years later, he's an atheist and hitting girls that fell off the ugly tree. I'm pretty sure I got the happy ending.
    [RH Addict]
    ☆ SN Snowboard Crew #024

Registered User Bramboification's Avatar
    Bramboification will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bramboification will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Brah, just lie.
    Tell her you'd like to learn more about Christianity as she has really opened your eyes and you can feel your faith growing stronger. It will be a fun activity for her, bringing you in to that world, like a pet project whilst secretly you're just playing lip service and collecting the goodies at the end.
    If you like her that much then you'd do it.

Things I've feigned genuine interest/devotion in for women you don't want to know!

Originally Posted by Bramboification View Post
    Brah, just lie.
    Tell her you'd like to learn more about Christianity as she has really opened your eyes and you can feel your faith growing stronger. It will be a fun activity for her, bringing you in to that world, like a pet project whilst secretly you're just playing lip service and collecting the goodies at the end.
    If you like her that much then you'd do it.

Things I've feigned genuine interest/devotion in for women you don't want to know!
    I'm sorry for you.
    ***Georgia Crew***

Stats: 5'10", 200 lbs
    AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AirForceV has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AirForceV's BodySpace
    Currently talking (she moved away for a bit) to a "Christian" girl. I am atheist /pseudo satanist 4 lulz. She has random bible passage tattoos and **** I LOL every time I saw them.

She's asked me to go to the church or "buy a bible"

I've never had a more genuine laugh ever. Holy smokes. trololo

I am pretty sure she tried converting her last bf (acquaintance of mine) all of a sudden started hitting up church/being a phaggot.

Don't do it bro. Be yourself. If she's christian she should love you for who you are Plus she will probably give up the facade and drop the act eventually. Who can keep that **** up with out going insane?
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe