Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
    pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today is a rest day!!

Yesterday i did back and biceps

Precor lat pulldown 3x10
    Wide lat pulldowns 3x10
    Bent over rows 3x10
    Narrow seated row 3x10
    Hyper ext 3x10
    Barbell curls 3x10
    Alt Db 3x10
    Hammer curls 3x10

Really good workout yesterday, and the gym was relatively quiet considering its new year!

Plans for today

costco
    buy my sister a present for her birthday
    read
    finish vision board
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wednesday night i went to the chiro for the first time in nearly a year, felt great to be adjusted!!

Thursday was a rest day

Today was chest and triceps, shoulder still bothering me chiro said massage therapy will help so will be planning on one next week.

Tomorrow is legs but will do it downstairs at my apartment gym as my gym doe not open til 7am and i have to be at work early tomorrow.

Just a quick update as I have finished late tonight
    Train hard and Think Big

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Not posted for a few days it has been a super busy last few days with work etc.

Saturday i did legs at my home gym due to an early start on Saturday morning at work, Sunday i did shoulders but light rehab work.

Monday was back and Cardio, feeling grumpy today think i am tired ready to eat everything in sight!! Stayed on tracked just had extra veggies!!

Will post a more details update tomorrow

got to upload pics for the 100 k challenge
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Yesterday was a rest day gave me time to catch up on some house stuff and grocery shopping! Got a nice udner armour vest from sports chek for $12 absolute bargain!!

I pretty much always use my fitness pal to add up food etc, but i really do feel sometimes its not accuarte so i did the old fashioned way and used pen and paper, using the labels off the food i eat. WOW!!

I had my fitness pal at 2300 cals per day . Pen and paper at 2900 lol. some difference!! Next week i will cut 150 cals from my total and 100 cals every week roughly for 6 weeks and take it from there.
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Legs

Supersets

Leg curl & leg ext
    DB lunges & abductors
    Glute Bridges & adductors

Drop set leg press

1 leg squats

Seated & standing Calf press

No cardio today!

Some vegan Treats, got to wait until jan 31st to sample
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

http://myvega.com/vega-testimonials/...ased-proteins/

very cool i am on the Vega website!!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today --- back

Assisted pull ups 3x3
    Superset bent over row & seated row 3x10
    Wide lat pulldown 3 x10
    1arm db row 3x10
    Hyperext 3x10

Cardio 30 minutes precor x trainer

What was good about today?

Ate as planned, every day since Xmas day
    Busy day at work
    Good gym workout
    Chiro adjustment

Improvements

Drink more water!
    Stretch
    Read more
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Its been 2 weeks since i updated!!!!

recap- Gym has been going great, food was going good migraine threw me off, tried a week of being raw vegan it as tough.
    I can't seem to loose weight so i had a resting metabolic test done at work its was 2578 cals that is huge!!!! Usually woman are between 1400-1900 i was off the charts but i cant loose weight!

Also had my b12 tested that was fine Iron was pretty low. Next step is thyroid check and i have invested in Maca powder to help the adrenals and thyroid support , also increased my omega fats will take it from here and see how it goes .
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow not updated for a while!!

Quick Notes--

Thyroid checked slight hypo thyroid ism
    Gym is going great
    Food has been great recently , having a treat every 2 weeks
    Loving married life!

Just not been on my radar to update like i used to. just listening to skips podcast more than muscles so figured i would update.

I have been tracking food on lose it and workouts on Bodybuilding.com, about to start Mass machining next week for the gym!!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) teamsw is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ***********JOESWAT, THE ORIGINAL JUGGERNAUT**************
    --- AS YOUR COMING TO THE END OF YOUR JUGGERNAUT JOURNEY, ROCKY WANTS TO SHARE A FEW WORDS WITH YOU--

train hard and be safe

* Join my face book fan page, its filled training/dieting/nutritional tips, advice, news, facts and prizes, ...
    http://www.********.com/JoeSwatPalumbo

FINISH STRONG,IM HERE TO ASSIST
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...169941&page=56

Joe Palumbo
    ifbb pro
    Joeswat Ifbb Pro Infinitelabs
    www.infinitelabs.com
    www.fitnesswithjoeswat.org
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/InfiniteLabsSupplements

Not updated for a long while!

Been playing soccer 3 nights a week, always my first love ! Sunday, Mondays and Wednesdays weights and mass machine lifting has taken a back seat while I play soccer, hopefully I will be joining a ladies team after the summer .

Gym has been going pretty good, food 85% there no crappy foods but i don't put limits on foods. Nice balance but I do still long to be 150lbs stuck at 165lbs I will see what happens with soccer on average burning 1200 calories a game!

Loving life in Vancouver !
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Portia! So good to hear from you. I am doing well, fighting the good fight. How's your man doin? ........ so glad to hear your having fun and enjoying life. With all the insanity going on here in the States, Canada is looking pretty good from here too! Ha! ... Cheers ... MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You made me laugh about being so serious they had to move you to another team! You wild woman. .... Yes, I too felt quite adrift after the competition. Skip really kept us in harness with the structure he provided and the motivation was exceptional. I stuck pretty close to podcasts he did for a long time to keep myself as on target as I could. It has helped me in so many ways.

Interesting point you make about feeling you could not "teach" fitness because of how you look. Yet what you are trained to do is help others be physically fit, learn to do exercise properly no matter where they are physically. I have of late been doing a lot of research into how we get stuck on focusing on the externals. The diet and fitness industry manipulates us into focusing only on externals. Constant daily judgement of how we look. Constant measuring and self criticism in pursuit of perfection ...... a standard designed by the industry. A standard just a handful ever achieve aesthetically. Big money in the failure of it all.

Do not get me wrong, I do not think there is anything wrong with wanting to be more aesthetically pleasing as long as the motivation comes from within. It is you you are pleasing. ..And then there is the whole obsession thing too........Out of this thinking I have begun to focus on what my body can do instead.

What if you, with all your knowledge of fitness and your skill in sports, were to train others from that point of view. Focusing on strength, balance, mobility, skill in the gym. The aesthetics will follow. There are thousands of women who would just like help in feeling better and learning the discipline of just getting to the gym! Ha! ...... Many of the trainers I see in the gym are fit but they do not look like they are in competiton for anything special and they help many.

anyway, just some thoughts. ...... so glad to hear from you. MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

I love this post above!!

I have always believed and am believing that reaching my "ideal weight" again and looking good will be the beginning of all I want. But I have been there before and thinking on it I realize that the "war" never actually stops. Even with a 23 inch waist and size 8 clothes you are living in "fear". Fear of regaining the weight. Fear of losing control. Your life is a constant "don't eat this, eat only that". And if you slip the "judge" is there waiting. The "Critic" begins and the self abuse starts.. There is always an emotional sense of "have to" attached to food and weight and how you look. Constant stress.

this is all so true, been there 140lbs and thinking this is great except i have to exercise more to maintain and eat less, worry about everything that i eat!every day it never goes away!! been there i still do it now if i have a treat-- i think how can i burn it off and the next day eat nothing all day to compensate.

I am a lot better now but still i am thinking my rec footy on a Sunday ends next week and I am already thinking how can i burn more calories on this day?!

I have a sister in England right now lost quite a bit of weight maybe 20-25lbs but i asked her what she was eating every day 1100 calories is what she said WTF!! how is that acceptable!

20 diets in a lifetime, lol i have probably surpassed that !!
    ************************************************** ********************************

HaHa! Yes, me too ... I should have said 20 a year or how about starting again everyday!

You do know that when you have a treat and then starve the next day you are actually setting up the environment for the opposite result of what you want to happen. Starvation is the signal to the body to take the next food you eat and pack it on as fat!... You would have a better chance of not gaining if you just maintain your normal eating the next day.

At 1100 calories I am sure your sister was hungry a lot. I am studying this more in depth right now but you can maintain that pretty well I think as long as you have regular BIG refeeds and you have to experiment with that. There is height, weight and age,BMI all that. Otherwise she may be looking at rebound gain comin up which is usually what happens in my experience. It's biological. She is undereating.

Thanks for the feedback Portia ... I believe there are hundreds of thousands of women who are trapped in the same mindset everyday. We are not alone and ... it is not normal.

I will find a way out. And Im gonna tell everyone I can. MzJ

Wow not updated in sooo long!! First week eating like a mass machine and training like one! Mass machine workouts 4 days per week and Cardio after weights. Workouts are 4 days due to soccer training and games on Sundays.

Have been tracking my food on my fitness pal daily, sticking to the same food every day really it makes it easier.
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) somecollegekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good Luck! Looks great!