Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    BICEPS

Barbell curls 40/12 40/12 40/11+4

Incline curls 15/13 17.5/8 17.5/7+4

Alternating curls 17.5/10 17.5/10 17.5/9+5

Preacher curls 30/12 30/9 30/9+4

Leg raises -/15 -/15 -/15

Ball crunches -/15 -/15 -/15

Workout was pretty good I’d say 7/10 for intensity. I kept pushing for that extra rep to beat last week’s workout.

At the moment I’m probably eating around 1800-1900 calories probably looking to slightly increase not sure where as I have not been feeling hungry between meals. Maybe add another meal somewhere?

I don’t feel like I am putting on weight I can still belt up my pants on the same notch. I feel pretty good I seem to be increasing every week if I don’t think my form is good I won’t go up until I have got it.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Train hard and Think Big

I am a relentless Mass Machine

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pphelps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What was great about my day?

Great bicep workout

Updated journal

Ate 6 meals and drank 4 litres of water

What about my day could I improve to make things EVEN BETTER?

Put skips podcasts and conference calls on Ipod to listen to on breaks at work

What can I do to make things more enjoyable?

KEEP UP THE HARD WORK NOTHING BEATS THIS FEELING !!

Click here to order
    Last edited by pphelps83; 02-02-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: FORGOT SPMETHING
    Train hard and Think Big

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.

Eleanor Roosevelt

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The latest pod cast can be found here

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com/...l_4_2-2-12.mp3
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Today was shoulders

Shoulder press (machine) 60/17 65/10 70/9+2

Rear delt (machine) 55/12 55/12 55/12+4

Lateral raises (DB) 10/10 10/10 10/10+5

Upright rows 50/12 50/12 50/9+4

I finished off with some Ab work.

Add This MASS MACHINE Picture and Link to EVERY ONE of Your Bodybuilding.com Message board Posts and Earn ONE POINT EVERY TIME

Cut, paste, and POST this html code (exactly as it is presented) of the MASS MACHINE picture and link. You will earn an extra point every time you add it to your journal entries and ANY OTHER POST you make on the Bodybuilding.com web site.

======================
    Start Below This
    ======================

Click here to order

I usually do lateral raises on the cables but it seemed to be busy today so opted for dumbbells, I smashed my shoulders today struggling to lift my arms over my head you just can’t beat that feeling of knowing you have pushed yourself.

Tomorrow is Cardio so will do 30 minutes on the treadmill again various terrains and pace, will probably finish with some abs and stretches. That will be another great week at the gym!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Ate clean and drank plenty of water
    Had an amazing workout
    Completed online journal
    Added skips podcasts to my iPod and listened on the way to the gym and the way to work

Probably get a bit more sleep
    Listen to skip’s podcast and other motivational people

Listen to more motivational material

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Workout intensity 8/10!!
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was cardio

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill various inclines and speeds was really tough and my legs are hrting now, also my shoulders are sore from yesterdays workout.

The intesity is great on all my work outs and feeling stronger by the day but feeling a little bit chunky today i weighed in 157lbs i feel like i'm holding so much water, But the bigger picture is i am eating good food to build muscle

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi phelps! I wanted to stop in & check you out & say I appreciate the comment you left in my journal.
    What are your goals? Just wondering so I know what your are aiming for so I can help however I can. If I can help, just pop in my journal & ask for it. I'll do my best to help.
    Don't be afraid to lift heavy - I promise you won't look like a man! That's a common concern of a lot of women.
    Also, I saw something in your journal about not being hungry & not wanting & having trouble upping your cals. Just remember to think of food as not eating because you are hungry, but because you are fueling your body to keep in working like the MACHINE it is!
    Keep up the great energy & look for all that positive motivation!
    Best to you

I forgot to put what was great about my day yesterday so here it is for Saturday and sunday

Saturday – I completed cardio session
    Saturday and Sunday – ate clean and drank enough water
    Saturday- listened to skips affirmation while preparing my meals
    Sunday- watched weekly update video and listened to podcast
    Sunday- planned workouts for the week
    Sunday- emailed photos and assignment

Believe in myself
    Encourage others

Listen to uplifting music
    Watch motivating training videos
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Left you a message in my journal - BELIEVE! BELIEVE! BELIEVE
    [QUOTE=pphelps83;826859711]I forgot to put what was great about my day yesterday so here it is for Saturday and sunday

Believe in myself
    Encourage others

Been to the forum today? I left you a post!

Deadlifts 50/12 50/12 50/12+6 go up to 55 next week

Bent over rows 30/10 30/10 30/10

Wide seated rows 70/15 70/15 75/8+5

Narrow Pull downs 55/15 70/12 70/12+8 Go up to 75 next week

The workout went well I increased on the deadlift and bent over row but my mind was not completely in the game, I have had some sort of upset stomach I’m guessing from a habanero salsa I bought it was so spicy and I rarely eat spicy food it seems to of caused me a great deal of discomfort this weekend still feel so bloated and like I am carrying a few pounds of extra water.

I know people say lift heavy as a woman but I’m confused as I lift heavy for me I am increasing every week so I assume I am getting there? My arms have shown a difference recently and shoulders just got to keep laying a brick every day to get where I want.

Drinking plenty of green tea and water today to sort me out, I get an hour for my lunch which I usually spend reading the paper but today and probably a few times a week I will venture out for a walk as the weather is nice and it will re-energize me for the rest of the day.

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Completed workout

Updated journal

Stomach feels better

Ate clean

Drank 4 liters of water

Listened to Tony Robbins audio on lunch

Went for a walk on lunch

completed my daily disclipines

had a higher intensity workout

keep believing in myself
    train hard
    think bigger

intensity was 6/10 will be 8 plus tomorrow

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was shoulders

Shoulder press 20/15 22.5/12 25/6+1

I reverted back to dumbells for these they were tough!!

Lateral raises 10/10 10/10 10/10

Dumbells again for these

Rear dealt machine 55/12 55/12 55/12+3

They felt really good

Upright rows 50/12 50/12 50/12+3

They felt really tough but lifted a few reps more than last week

I did some decline abs work to finish, I would give it 7/10 for intensity my stomachs still bothering me so hopefully tomorrow I will be back to 10/10 workouts!!

I am lifting heavier every week so progress is being made, tomorrow is legs so I want to be hitting 10/10 for intensity and lifting heavy to grow these bad boys!!!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Completed workout
    Ate clean
    Drank 4 liters water
    Listened to motivational podcasts
    Updated journal

My stomach!
    Get a bit more sleep today I felt really tired after the gym

Watch more motivational videos
    Make a video blog rather than typing!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was legs and I smashed them- feeling much better today

Squats 20/15 40/11 50/7

Done with an Olympic bar, the last set was really hard

Leg press 160/12 170/10 180/6 +3

Increased on last weeks was really happy I am progressing

Leg extension 45/17 50/12 60/8+4

Will go up next week

Leg curls 50/15 70/12 85/12+5

Will go up next week

Stiff legged deadlifts 50/13 60/8 60/8+3

I Love doing these

Calf raises (hammer strength) 50/15 50/15 60/12 60/12 60/12+4

These were killers I prefer using this rather than leg press

My legs were shaking at the end really pushed myself and increased weights, it was a really intense workout I gave my all 9/10, no 10 as there’s always room for improvement.

Killer leg workout
    Listened to some motivational podcasts
    Ate clean
    Drank 4 liters of water
    Updated journal
    Believed more today

Adequate rest times between set, not too long or too short.

Spice up food choices!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pphelps83 View Post
    Today was legs and I smashed them- feeling much better today

Squats 20/15 40/11 50/7

Done with an Olympic bar, the last set was really hard

Leg press 160/12 170/10 180/6 +3

Increased on last weeks was really happy I am progressing

Leg extension 45/17 50/12 60/8+4

Will go up next week

Leg curls 50/15 70/12 85/12+5

Will go up next week

Stiff legged deadlifts 50/13 60/8 60/8+3

I Love doing these

Calf raises (hammer strength) 50/15 50/15 60/12 60/12 60/12+4

These were killers I prefer using this rather than leg press

My legs were shaking at the end really pushed myself and increased weights, it was a really intense workout I gave my all 9/10, no 10 as there’s always room for improvement.

Killer leg workout
    Ate clean
    Drank 4 liters of water
    Updated journal
    Believed more today

Adequate rest times between set, not too long or too short.

Spice up food choices!

Click here to order
    Hi Phelps,
    I've been watching your workouts. You are very focused and to the point. You get it done. It's impressive.

MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep pushing yourself. You are progressing and doesn't it feel great to be seeing those changes?!?

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post
    Hi Phelps,
    I've been watching your workouts. You are very focused and to the point. You get it done. It's impressive.

MzJ
    Hey thanks for the comments i am focussing on making the workouts count!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

[QUOTE=jmorg714;829233291]Keep pushing yourself. You are progressing and doesn't it feel great to be seeing those changes?!?

Jason

hi yeah it great to see hard work paying off!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Journal update

Today was biceps

Barbell curls 40/13 40/12 50/3+1

I will get 6 on 50 next week

Hammer curls 17.5/11 17.5/11 20/5+3

These were great

Alternating curls 17.5/11 17.5/11 20/5+2

Felt pumped after these

Concentration Curls 17.5/5 15/6 15/7+4

These were killers my biceps were dead doing these

I finished off with some abs work.

I would give myself 9/10 for this workout as I pushed myself increased weights & reps and just really focused on using that muscle!

Does anyone else feel sometimes after a workout you could have given a little bit more? I felt I had given a 100% and by the end by biceps were throbbing but after I had a shower and re –energized myself I thought could I off done a bit more? But then on my way to work it was hard to text on my phone as my biceps were hurting when I held the phone up so who knows?!! Will write this up in my book and remember this for tomorrows work out!

I will post some progress photos over the next few days just of arms and shoulders legs are still a work in progress!! Training hard and thinking big with them though. I Will also try do a video blog this weekend.

Killer leg workout
    Ate clean
    Drank 4 liters of water
    Updated journal

Not let negative thoughts in my head
    Listen to mattpb

Spice up food choices!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today was chest & triceps

Dumb bell bench press 27.5/10 27.5/10 30/5+1

I could get one more rep after the last set I pushed myself

Chest flyes 15/15 17.5/10 20/6+3

Wet up again on these

Assisted dips 130/14 120/9 110/6+3

I enjoy doing these my aim to be able to my own

Skull crushers 30/14 30/12 30/12+4

I didn’t want to go up to 40 as my form goes funny may try them next time

Single triceps pull-down 5/17 10/8 10/8+2

My left arm failed at 7 on the 2nd set and I got 6 and 2 out at my last set

Today was a great workout and I felt good, also lifted more than last week. My strength seems to get better each week.

I would give this 9/10 really good workout, I listened to a skip LaCour podcast from 5 December, 2011 was quite interesting and I think I just expect too much too soon so just got to keep going, plus I am eating more to build muscle to I will be carrying that little bit of extra weight and it is little but the end result will be worth it.

I am also going to logging my days without peanut butter as I feel I have a peanut butter addiction that needs to be killed off!! Just going to using flax oil as healthy fats and a bit of avocado as I know I won’t be tempted to have a few more spoons of flax, you might think its strange logging it but just like logging the workouts it makes me more accountable.

Great workout
    Ate clean
    Drank some liters of water
    Updated journal

Drink more water I did not drink enough at work

Keep training hard

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just stopping by and checking up on you.

Great job keeping up on your online journal.

YOU are a MASS MACHINE!

Your Coach,

Skip

PS I like that you are following the format I suggested.

More GIRL POWER up in here!
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    Just stopping by and checking up on you.

Great job keeping up on your online journal.

YOU are a MASS MACHINE!

Your Coach,

Skip

PS I like that you are following the format I suggested.

More GIRL POWER up in here!
    hey skip

thanks for stopping by and checking on my journal- absolutely loving the challenge and representing for the girls

TRAIN HARD AND THINK BIG!
    ======================

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today i did a 20 minute run , i may keep weekends to rest days i when i got up i had no real motivation to do a run or even get out of bed !

but i did and i did not go crazy on the run i was more getting my feet wet for next week when i include 2 20 mins HIIT .

I will post some progress photos later.

I have just been to the chiropractor to get my back and necked cracked feels so much better now i have also noticed a huge difference in my shoulder since i started doing rear delts every shoulder session.

i WILL update later with things good about today as its only 11am so bit premature to put that on because the day will get better!

======================

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great workout HIIT cardio
    Ate clean
    Drank 4 liters of water
    Updated journal
    Went to see chiropractor felt better after
    NO PEANUT BUTTER!!

Seemed to have a headache most of the day so I think Saturday should be rest day as I am so tired from getting up at 4.45am for work Monday to Friday

Keep training hard
    No headache!!

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro

Today was rest day for me just relaxed and made meals for the next few days, i did take some photos but i was not happy with them so will take some more tomorrow after workout i have a great one on myphone but as my phone is the most basic of mobiles i can't bluetooth it to my computer!

Nice rest day
    Listened to some motivational podcasts and skips latest radio show
    Ate clean
    Drank 4 liters of water
    Updated journal
    No headache
    Took weekly photos
    Email assignment and key words
    No peanut butter

Write up nutrition on excel spreadsheet to make changes easier

Keep believing and feeling great

Click here to order
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt

Today’s motivation: Train hard or go home.

What are you going to do today? Are you going to go to the gym and just go through the motions? Or are you going to walk in like you own the place?

Step up your game today….every day. Every rep…every set. Live today like a Mass Machine!

Click here to order

Flat bench Press 20/12 27.5/10 30/8+3

Could probably go a little higher

Incline Bench Press 27.5/10 30/4+2

My chest was zapped on last set

Decline Flyes 15/12 17.5/10 +3.5

Could go up on these

Concentration Curl 10/12 15/12+4

I could go heavier

Barbell Curl 50/5 +3

My biceps were totally fatigued and I had gone up

I also did a High Intensity run for 20 minutes I started at 2.3mph then every minute you knock it up until you reach your level 9 which was 6.3mph for the final minute I did 7.3 but I felt I had more in the tank so on Wednesday will start at 2.5 and probably go up .1 every session which will be Monday and Wednesdays.

It was great workout as I could a little bit heavier as my boyfriend (Mattpb) and I trained together and I could get them forced reps out my biceps were huge and my chest was burning.

I would say 8/10 as I still had some left in tank for the run tomorrow is back which I really enjoy doing, well I enjoy all my workouts to be honest it’s all part of building a better body.

Great workout
    Ate clean
    Drank some liters of water
    Updated journal
    No peanut butter
    Watched skips latest video
    Planned tomorrows gym clothes/ Meals
    Read some pages of the book THE SECRET- To help me achieve a better life

Train with Mattpb again

Train with Mattpb again

Click here to order

Keep training hard
    Train hard and Think Big

Eleanor Roosevelt