Thread: bodylastics

robj77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

bodylastics

hi, i was just wondering if anyone had used bodylastics and what they though of them any feedback would be great thanks

pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my favorite resistance equipment. i like the ankle straps and handles, as they're fast and easy to put on and comfortable to use. but i especially the way you can clip on any amount of resistance you like. it's also cool that the new stuff has cords running inside the tube so that they can't snap and hit you. i've never snapped a resistance band, but i read about those who have. the booklet that comes with the sets is cool - there are exercises i hadn't tried before using bands. i was also interested that they have a site that offers live workouts plus a lot of videos all featuring their equipment.

robj77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pcake View Post
    my favorite resistance equipment. i like the ankle straps and handles, as they're fast and easy to put on and comfortable to use. but i especially the way you can clip on any amount of resistance you like. it's also cool that the new stuff has cords running inside the tube so that they can't snap and hit you. i've never snapped a resistance band, but i read about those who have. the booklet that comes with the sets is cool - there are exercises i hadn't tried before using bands. i was also interested that they have a site that offers live workouts plus a lot of videos all featuring their equipment.
    thanks for the reply

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I've never used them, but from reading other threads on this site, I know that the Bodylastics product is well regarded.

I do use (and like) these products from Lifeline USA:

http://www.lifelineusa.com/products/...le-system.html

http://www.lifelineusa.com/products/...le-system.html
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would like to anchor this to a vertical post from my cage. My cage isn't bolted down but I'll have weights on the olympic bar to hold it down.

Any ideas on a strap I could use for this?

pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50) pcake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you could try the bodylastics anywhere anchor
    amazon.com/Bodylastics-Heavy-Duty-Anywhere-Anchor/dp/B002U8P0TG
    i found it too long to use on my bench.

i went to mcmaster carr and got one of these
    mcmaster.com/#33625t101/=fu45kj
    it's stiff, but works well, and check out the weight rating!

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by miker84 View Post
    I would like to anchor this to a vertical post from my cage. My cage isn't bolted down but I'll have weights on the olympic bar to hold it down.

Any ideas on a strap I could use for this?
    Go to your local hardware store and purchase some nylon utility cord / rope. Cut a 30" piece and a 60" piece of rope. (I'm guessing on the length of the long one. You may need to experiment to find the right length for your rack.) Make a loop with each length of rope using a Double Fisherman's knot. Take the short loop and girth hitch it to your resistance cable. Attach a carabiner to this loop. (You can get these carabiners or snap links from your hardware store too.)

On the rack side of things, adjust one of the safeties to the height at which you want an anchor point. Wrap the long loop of rope/cord around the safety, bringing the opposite end of each loop around the upright to meet in the front. Clip those two loops sticking out of the front with the carabiner that's attached to your shorter loop (which is in turn attached to your resistance cable).

Here's what the resistance cable / loop / carabiner part of it looks like. I have it attached to my home made wall anchors. The girth hitch around the resistance cable will allow you to use one end of the cable (if you wish) without slippage.

Here's a close-up of the double fisherman's knot in a different loop of rope. (The one in the above photo looks weird to me. I may have added an extra knot or something to shorten the loop.) The double fisherman's knot is a very secure knot. It is used by climber's to create slings using accessory cord. Once tightened, however, it can be difficult to untie. This is not an issue for this application, however.

You can prevent the ends of the cord from fraying by melting the ends. (I use an old soldering iron to do this.)

Attached Images
    Last edited by KBKB; 01-16-2012 at 04:25 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miker84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks. Pretty cool ideas..

Also what set would you recommend to get going with bodylastics? I'm not familiar with this type of training. Let's say you barbell curl 100 lbs. ... What does that feel like with the bands?