nolsienols has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal !

I am a Mass Machine Mum doing the “Challenge” and this is my journal:

Hi my name is Noleen Arendse. I live in Cape Town South Africa, am 34 yrs old, the wife of Wayne Arendse (also a Mass Machine doing the “challenge”) and I am a mom of three beautiful children who we are homeschooling.

I have always been reasonably active and healthy. At one stage I was quite the spinning nutter and enjoyed the cardio aspect of gym. I didn’t dare venture into the weights and “testosterone zone” due to feeling intimidated by the men as well as a fear of becoming too “bulky”. Little did I realize that I would actually find the results I was looking for (i.e. fat loss, cellulite decreasing and increased muscle tone) by lifting weights.

I started training with Wayne just over a year ago and have really enjoyed the weight training. We train using the Max OT /Mass Machine program and I have become a big fan of the principles behind it. I hate doing loads of reps and I enjoy the challenge of lifting heavy for me. I have had some really great results and have grown in strength which really helps with all that I have to do on a daily basis. I put on 2kg of muscle and was able to drop down to 18% body fat (I think it’s a bit up now thanks to Christmas!). I no longer feel intimidated by the men and a few have actually felt intimidated by me! As somebody once said “lift like a man, look like a woman.”

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Welcome, nolsienols.

Assignment #1 - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Video #4

Photo and Writing Assignment due Monday at 8 am Pacific.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am awarding you 100 points for starting an ONLINE JOURNAL because I know the tremendous value of doing so. You'll also get additional points for every journal entry you make during the entire six-month journey.

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

nolsienols has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well its the end of day 1 of the Mass Machine and by the grace of God today went well. I still have to post my eating plan and training routine. This has been planned already but i need to still post it. I am doing the same training routine as my hubby wayne and my eating plan is similar but not as much portion wise. Currently i have six daily disciplines that i am hoping to achieve on a daily basis.
    1 eat my meals and no extras: i am a compulsive nibbler. So when preparing food for the kids i used to just put the odd crust or piece of food into my mouth. Last year i started consciously making sure i did not eat the "extras" and i still have to watch myself really carefully. My poor dog has put on a few pounds thanks to the crusts been thrown out the kitchen door! It is amazing how those little extras add up in the long run.
    2. take my multivitamin. Currently i am on Optiwoman by Optimum nutrition. I tend to forget to take this.
    3. Drink 2L water in the morning and 2L water in the afternoon. I also make sure i put salt on my food.
    4. Limit coffee to twice a day. I am a real coffee pot and would quite easily drink it the whole day. This gets quite expensive and its not healthy. I am realy trying hard to reduce my coffee intake.
    5. Train hard to improve in fitness and strength.
    6. Journal daily if possible.
    So today discipline wise went well and i managed to follow through well with the structured eating plan. i would give myself a 10 for all of them except for coffee, i would make that a 9. i had two and a half cups.
    Cardio this afternoon went well. Wayne and i sprinted up and down the backyard after warming up for 5 min. One minute sprinting one minute walking for 15 minutes. I took it fairly easy as it is the first cardio session since last year. looking to improve my speed.
    I am quite motivated for this Challenge but i do find i have to segment my focus during the day. I am currently homeschooling my three kids and i have to give them my full focus and attention. The preparation for the activities for the day also takes up a lot of mind space and i am always thinking of ways to help them to enjoy the learning process. What i did today was when they had their little breaks, normally around my meal time, i went and sat with my diary to look at the disciplines and remain motivated. I have found that so far this Mass Machine challenge has helped me tofocus in these other areas of my life. It has been a really busy day but a good one by the Grace of God.

Hey! It's your coach, Skip La Cour.

I want to give you a friendly reminder video that explains of the POWER of this online journal.

Click here to order
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-20-2012 at 07:30 PM.