santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) santiago0221 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How quickly my body betrayed me

Excuse the dramatic title, but that's exactly how I feel after getting back into the gym today. Two Friday's ago, somehow I injured my neck/trap area. I was playing with my son, didn't feel anything strain, pop, or pull, but when I went to stand straight up, I couldn't. Felt a piercing pain from my neck down to my lower trap area. Was essentially bed ridden over the weekend until I could get into the chiro. Got some pops and whatnot out of that, but the pain was still there. Chiro thought she found what was wrong, and it would take a few days for my muscles to adjust and get back into shape.

Well, did hot/cold therapy for a good 3 days before I started feeling relief. My neck gradually felt better everyday, and today I felt like I could get back into the gym finally.

I was pumped and ready to go...until I started lifting. Man, after being out of the gym for only two weeks, I felt like I hadn't lifted in years. I was gassed, everything was super heavy, and I ended up cutting my workout short so I didn't re-aggravate anything.

What's worse, is over the course of these two weeks, I ended up losing about 4-5lbs, despite me being sedentary, and my diet not being super hot(though not terrible). But I can't even enjoy this weight loss, because I feel like it was probably LBM that I lost and not fat. Weighed in this morning at 227, the lowest I've been in probably over a decade. But rather than being excited, I feel like it's done more harm than good to my body.

So, is it normal for a person to feel like they haven't lifted in their life after being out of the gym for only two weeks? And could I have lost almost 5lbs of muscle in that course of time as well?

Anyway, I'm back on the horse at least, and will continue my body transformation campaign that I started in July. Just sort of demoralizing feeling a lot of my effort go down the drain after such a short amount of time.