Registered User mudbloodpothead's Avatar
    mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feeling tired the day after doing deadlifts

Just wondering , do any of you guys suffer from fatigue after a day of doing heavy deadlifts?

Why does this happen and how do you cope with it?

I`ve started to incorporate deads into workouts and the results are amazing, its just that I feel really tired the day after. That is having gotten 8-9 hours of sleep, supplementing with around 10 grams of glutamine and having a protein rich diet throughout the day.

Thanks alot!
    Pain and suffering is just a state of mind. You have to have the mindset of a freak to be a freak.

MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000) MichaelCJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    What program are you on, and how long have you been doing it, both prior to deadlifts and since? Also, what's your bench/squat/deads numbers atm?

GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GoatfaceKillah is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its normal to have a sore back the day/s after deadlifting but not feeling fatigued in general. Are you eating enough food and this doesn't happen any other days?

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just wondering , do any of you guys suffer from fatigue after a day of doing heavy deadlifts?
    Yes. Deadlifts, especially heavy deadlifts are brutal. Your body just needs time to recover. Sleep all you want and take all the supplements you want but sometimes the body just needs time.
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

absouluteglory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeh this also happens to me after heavy deadlifts

KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KeeronMac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GoatfaceKillah View Post
    Its normal to have a sore back the day/s after deadlifting but not feeling fatigued in general. Are you eating enough food and this doesn't happen any other days?
    Basically this..

Your muscles will feel fatigued after training them, but you shouldn't feel fatigued in a general sense
    ***Irish Misc Crew***

"It is ok to fail, it is not ok to give up" - Ghandi

"Doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you" - Neil Young

"Cíunas bothár cailín baínne" - Patrick Kavanagh

mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50) mahousesn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Deadlifts are king for a reason.
    420/285/535

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your back shouldnt be sore if you are lifting with proper with form and have been lifting for awhile - feeling fatigued the day after a heavy session is normal and will also get better over time

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mudbloodpothead View Post

I`ve started to incorporate deads into workouts and the results are amazing, its just that I feel really tired the day after. That is having gotten 8-9 hours of sleep, supplementing with around 10 grams of glutamine and having a protein rich diet throughout the day.

Thanks alot!
    Yes. Deadlifts are hard. Just rest the next day, or do a light day, deload.
    My workout log ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133269973

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Perfectly normal. Demanding lifts like squats and deadlifts and bench take a toll on the body and places a lot of stress upon your CNS. Quite often a lot of guys will have a **** workout the day after leg day for example, as energy has been drained and again the CNS stressed.

Your weekly training split/program needs to consider these sorts of things and anticipate how your body reacts. Having a rest day after a demanding day is often recommended so you can get some extra calories in and focus on the day after.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BombDonald has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any workout that is extremely demanding can leave you fatigued the next day. The key is figuring out how to start the recovery process ASAP. Eating right, stretching, and sleeping are important.

Registered User mudbloodpothead's Avatar
    mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mudbloodpothead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the replies guys!

Yeah I normally take a day or two off after doing heavy deads. Eat, sleep and rest time!
    Pain and suffering is just a state of mind. You have to have the mindset of a freak to be a freak.

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Old thread new bump

Well of course you're more tired deadlifts are the KING of lifing along with any form of free weight chest presses. I leave squats out although they are right there I just like deads more and they actually help my lower back issues while squats don't . Just don't lift the day after you do deads. I never do and I only do deads by themselves every Sunday take national chest day off which is Monday in every gym . You will prob grow more unless your on juice then I dunno hell workout 6 days a week & sometimes go twice a day ha. I know guys that do and get results while us natural guys need more rest not sleeping just not lifting even tho days off blow ass hell now I wanna go lift!!!! Maybe I will do calves again

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mudbloodpothead View Post

I suffer from fatigue, and more importantly, great amounts of stiffness for up to 3 days after deadlifting. I think this is pretty normal. It'd probably be better if I deadlifted more than once per week.

I deal with it by not setting myself up for a difficult workout the day after deadlifts.

I then spend up to 90 minutes per day doing self trigger point release in the back, glutes, and legs, depending on how stiff I am. This is the key to alleviating the stiffness and discomfort.

Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jed135 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Happens to me as well. In fact, I typically feel pretty fatigued the next day after any of my workouts. I do full body and alternate between deadlifts and squats. I am also operating at a deficit for the last few months as far as calorie intake, so that may be playing a part as well.

Things however normalize by the 2nd day, which is when I hit the weights again (later in the day).

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Well it has hit me

Still two days after doing just 5 sets of pull-ups BW 192ish about 10-12 reps per set then I go right into deadLifts one light set then add couple plates then...I do about 5-6 sets with 315lbs 5-7 reps..then a lighter set afterwards. Yes I have slept like crap last two nights but I feel good at night stay up till 1230am wake up at 530 feel tired all day. I'm going to start trying to lift in mornings so I want to go to bed at 10-10:30pm wake up at 5-6am. If I get 7 hours I feel good if I get 5 I don't want to lift and body aches. It's probably hard on my CNS and body is telling me to chill out. I have only been doing deadlifts on regular basis the last 4 months once a week but avoided them for years. Feel great after but man hamstrings , whole back & traps all get hits hard also doing pull ups with them has to be taxing for a natural lifter like me at age 38. The main thing I notice is my sleep isn't good I wake up about 2-2 hours before I normally would.

greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is it normal for glutes to sore like hell as well the day after DL?

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes it's already mentioned that it's hard on the central nervous system CNS.
    You either need to cut your volume down and or frequency of deadlifting.
    Yes it's normal to be fatigued and or sore if you've really pushed it.